Werebears

Post » Wed Aug 26, 2009 9:14 am

YES.

Next question? :D

I actually really hope that any other lycanthropes aren't physiologically the exact same as a werewolf, but with a different head model. Unless I'm mistaken, there are no actual rules about having to be the exact same. I mean, I definatley don't want a slim werebear/fat werewolf.

I agree, although it would be a pretty easy fix in the CS
Holli Dillon

Post » Wed Aug 26, 2009 10:04 am

"The were-bear bawled and tried to shake free. Sul strode up almost casually and cut him from crotch to sternum.The tigers plunged into the were-beasts’ steaming entrails"-Infernal City

I thought that was one of the riders that got off his mount (and changed into werebear form)? Maybe you're right, I don't have the book on me for reference/haven't read it in a while.
Joe Alvarado

Post » Wed Aug 26, 2009 12:09 pm

I'd want to see werewolves for sure, werebears would be a plus I guess. But I don't see how anybody would think a werebear would be cooler than a werewolf.

Because bears in general are cooler than wolves? that my reasoning... why would I want to turn into a puny little wolf when I could become a massive bear and step on wolves heads and squish them :)
which by the way is exactly what I will do if werebears are in this game.
FoReVeR_Me_N

Post » Wed Aug 26, 2009 10:50 am

Because bears in general are cooler than wolves? that my reasoning... why would I want to turn into a puny little wolf when I could become a massive bear and step on wolves heads and squish them :)
which by the way is exactly what I will do if werebears are in this game.

Thats why we need werewolves...big huge wrewolves like the ones from the Van Helsing movie. We all know those are the best werewolves in film to date.
James Potter

Post » Wed Aug 26, 2009 9:45 am

Thats why we need werewolves...big huge wrewolves like the ones from the Van Helsing movie. We all know those are the best werewolves in film to date.

^^
This!
Ashley Hill

Post » Wed Aug 26, 2009 4:11 am

I've always seen were people turning into the animal of their form, not a man-animal hybrid, but if that is how it falls into ES lore, so be it.
I be a Werehuman. :) Weremer? Wereorc?

And that Wereshark looks absolutely badass, same with the bear.

Werewolves are to cliche for me.
Mr.Broom30

Post » Tue Aug 25, 2009 9:50 pm

I've always seen were people turning into the animal of their form, not a man-animal hybrid, but if that is how it falls into ES lore, so be it.
I be a Werehuman. :) Weremer? Wereorc?

And that Wereshark looks absolutely badass, same with the bear.

Werewolves are to cliche for me.

Still, what other game allows you to be a werewolf? None, besides the Elder Scrolls series.
Nathan Hunter

Post » Wed Aug 26, 2009 2:37 am

You've SEEN these things??? where do you live exactly?
anyway back to reality yes they fit in TES lore as man beasts not just a man that turns into that beast.
(and I've read tons of old myths about werewolves and they really only did turn into a wolf not a man wolf I was just being an ass)
butterfly

Post » Wed Aug 26, 2009 5:34 am

There are werebears in Norwegian folklore. Actually there are stories of them all the way up to 19th century. Often just refered to as "bj?rnemenn", bearmen.
Another part of Norwegian folklore is that some people could curse people with shapeshift spells, transform men into bears, wolves etc. Making them either be a bear all the time, or a werebear, changing forms uncontrollebly.

Werewolves is from old nordic folklore aswell, specifically bound to berserkers. One example is the Norwegian berserker Kveldulf("Nightwolf"), in Egil Saga, who would turn into a wolf at nights.
NO suckers In Here

Post » Wed Aug 26, 2009 1:58 am

There are werebears in Norwegian folklore. Actually there are stories of them all the way up to 19th century. Often just refered to as "bj?rnemenn", bearmen.
Another part of Norwegian folklore is that some people could curse people with shapeshift spells, transform men into bears, wolves etc. Making them either be a bear all the time, or a werebear, changing forms uncontrollebly.

Werewolves is from old nordic folklore aswell, specifically bound to berserkers. One example is the Norwegian berserker Kveldulf("Nightwolf"), in Egil Saga, who would turn into a wolf at nights.

Very very interesting post. Thanks for sharing!
sarah taylor

Post » Wed Aug 26, 2009 12:08 pm

To me werewolves instantly look ugly without full-sized tails. Werebears wouldn't look so weird without a tail though. :P

I vote yes for werebears. I liked being a werebear in Diablo 2: Lord of Destruction. :hehe:
D IV

Post » Tue Aug 25, 2009 10:04 pm

To me they instantly look ugly without full-sized tails. Werebears wouldn't look so weird without a tail though. :P

I vote yes for werebears. I liked being a werebear in Diablo 2: Lord of Destruction. :hehe:

Yes! Tails are needed. I totally forgot that.
glot

Post » Tue Aug 25, 2009 8:42 pm

Still, what other game allows you to be a werewolf? None, besides the Elder Scrolls series.

Well actually, Diablo 2: Lord of Destruction allows you to be both a werewolf and a werebear.

edit: Ninja'd damnit. :ninja:
anna ley

Post » Wed Aug 26, 2009 3:24 am

Yes, they remind me of a folk legend about a bear who turned into a human because he was smitten with one.
Esther Fernandez

Post » Wed Aug 26, 2009 5:06 am

Yes, werebears and wearwolves should be present. I hope they both are. It would bring back a bit of a Dagggerfallian air.
Josephine Gowing

Post » Tue Aug 25, 2009 9:08 pm

Think Bethesda's got something more bad ass in store for us than Werewolves, and you think that is Werebears...? The hell are Werebears anyways? Is there a "Were" for half of the animals yet or what is up with this? I personally would rather there be some Werefox or Kitsune-like race or something. :/

But about all, option to be able to choose some race that has a wolf-like appearance, or become a Werewolf or something, comes above all that other mess of stuff. You know, it bugs me...little attention really paid towards wolves, in Oblivion (at least for my console only experience of a TES game), they were just another enemy to kill.

To be honest I hate how into killing wolves some people are, does that have to be portrayed even in video games now? Let players play as a character with a strong wolf-like appearance, forget about Werebears... >.< Or if you must, then do both. >_>

No get out.

Also werebears are in lore anyway, many werecreatures are. Werebears are supposedly native to Skyrim too, so I would love to see them.
Chelsea Head

Post » Tue Aug 25, 2009 11:49 pm

If I had my way i'd have both, like there were two were creature options in daggerfall, but my first preference will always be werewolves
Bonnie Clyde

Previous

Return to V - Skyrim