What year was Vivec City estalished?

Post » Tue Nov 17, 2009 1:16 pm

True.

Damnit.

EDIT: No, Vehk comes off of as a ringmaker, an ass, but a cocky ass. Which...is really...gross...

But yeah, notice how Hortator says 'Love is under your will only.'

Meaning, either the people only love Vivec out of ever-lasting fear (not plausible) or that whenever he so wished it, he could simply say 'Well, they don't seem like they're worshiping me enough today. [censored] 'em.' *Boom goes Lie Rock.*
kelly thomson

Post » Tue Nov 17, 2009 8:59 pm

Evidently a dragon break wouldn't cause it to fall (Warp in the West?), unless the dragon break was spatially limited. A limited dragon break? :wacko:

But so long as the dragon break doesn't affect everyone's love for V'vehk... :twirl:
renee Duhamel

Post » Tue Nov 17, 2009 6:46 pm

Evidently a dragon break wouldn't cause it to fall (Warp in the West?), unless the dragon break was spatially limited. A limited dragon break? :wacko:

But so long as the dragon break doesn't affect everyone's love for V'vehk... :twirl:

But you see, frozen in time and frozen in intentional path are quite different, I think. If it were frozen in time, a Broke would result in either is not being there at all, it hitting that mother [censored] like a redheaded step-child with a cowlick, or something...sixier?

Perhaps not altering it at all. But there have been more than a few Brokes sense its appearance, so, I assume it means nothing. :shrug:
Maria Leon

Post » Tue Nov 17, 2009 10:46 pm

'Well, they don't seem like they're worshiping me enough today. [censored] 'em.' *Boom goes Lie Rock.*

Sigged.

In a roundabout sort of way, the Nerevarine has set in motion the events that lead to the destruction of Vvardenfell (or at least Vivec City). Damn.
Heather Kush

Post » Wed Nov 18, 2009 12:08 am

Sigged.

Well THAT'S never happened before.
lauren cleaves

Post » Tue Nov 17, 2009 10:21 pm

Pretty much anytime you have "[censored] 'em" and *Boom Goes Lie Rock* together, the odds of sigging rise exponentially.

None shall survive.

Ahem. Man, doomsaying is so addictive.
benjamin corsini

Post » Wed Nov 18, 2009 1:12 am

None shall survive.

Ahem. Man, doomsaying is so addictive.

Better yet, LKHAN AE NIRN PADHOME AE ALTADOON!!!!!
Emmi Coolahan

Post » Tue Nov 17, 2009 3:32 pm

In a roundabout sort of way, the Nerevarine has set in motion the events that lead to the destruction of Vvardenfell (or at least Vivec City). Damn.

So the Nerevarine very well may bring about the destruction of the place he set out to save? Lovely.
ILy- Forver

Post » Tue Nov 17, 2009 5:49 pm

So the Nerevarine very well may bring about the destruction of the place he set out to save? Lovely.

Of course, without the Nerevarine, the city would be populated by a rabble of corprus beasts... so I guess putting off the destruction for the end of the 4th era ain't so bad... unless of course the 4th era lasts like 5 years... then it would all feel kind of hollow.

City-dweller: "Praise the Nerevarine! All hail Nerevar incarnate!"
Another city-dweller: "And now praise be to the Champion of Cyrodiil!"
Vehk and Vehk (looking on): "Well, they don't seem like they're worshiping me enough today. [censored] 'em."
Lie Rock: "BOOM."
Nerevarine (Seeing the mushroom cloud from Akavir): "Son of a [censored!]"
Emilie M

Post » Tue Nov 17, 2009 2:51 pm

Of course, without the Nerevarine, the city would be populated by a rabble of corprus beasts... so I guess putting off the destruction for the end of the 4th era ain't so bad... unless of course the 4th era lasts like 5 years... then it would all feel kind of hollow.

Vehk and Vehk (looking on): "Well, they don't seem like they're worshiping me enough today. [censored] 'em."

Somebody should culture kollops in a BIG bull's eye where Lie Rock is gonna hit. Preferably the pink ones. :P
Beast Attire

Post » Tue Nov 17, 2009 2:27 pm

Somebody should culture kollops in a BIG bull's eye where Lie Rock is gonna hit. Preferably the pink ones. :P

Somebody could do it in the construction set. It would be kind of pointless. But also (and most importantly) awesome.
Alexandra Louise Taylor

Post » Tue Nov 17, 2009 4:06 pm

Somebody could do it in the construction set. It would be kind of pointless. But also (and most importantly) awesome.

No, no. Putting a naked Fargoth in the center of said bullseye next to a naked Dagoth Ur...now THAT would be awesome.
Harry Leon

Post » Tue Nov 17, 2009 10:57 am

No, no. Putting a naked Fargoth in the center of said bullseye next to a naked Dagoth Ur...now THAT would be awesome.

"From Vivec, With love"
Carolyne Bolt

Post » Tue Nov 17, 2009 3:09 pm

Didn't we already discuss that the rock will create searing winds from its crater, but not even hurt the city that badly? And also, I highly doubt ANYONE will be willing to tear the city down.

1: It's too huge to think about doing.

2: You'd have fanatic Temple people killing every Imperial in sight if the Empire choose to do so. Bad news. Baaaaad news. That'd be like the US going into Israel and saying they were going to flatten Jerusalem and make it into a McDonalds.
I hate to break it to you, but the cantons are kinda sitting on ocean floor. The ministry will apparently hit the ocean there. It will go right through that shallow water, and hit the dirt underneath, creating intense heat. The water will collide with that superheated crater, and create a catastrophic steam explosion.

The city would go BOOM.
I wasn't aware of any actual discussion about all that, I just want the city knocked over. :gun:

Lie Rock, Baar Dau, the Ministry of Truth... it is held up by love. When the love for V'vehk ends, the people will be destroyed. None shall survive.
I wasn't aware they named the rock, that makes it a pet rock, doesn't it? You learn something new every day.

But you see, frozen in time and frozen in intentional path are quite different, I think. If it were frozen in time, a Broke would result in either is not being there at all, it hitting that mother [censored] like a redheaded step-child with a cowlick, or something...sixier?

Perhaps not altering it at all. But there have been more than a few Brokes sense its appearance, so, I assume it means nothing. :shrug:
Are you using a verb/pronoun as a noun/pronoun too? There must be a crazy bandwagon somewhere.

The Nerevarine is very gullible, the Daedra played him/her. Vivic was too bored to care, Sotha was busy being dead, and Alma being crazy. Good times were had by Alma.
John Moore

Post » Tue Nov 17, 2009 7:49 pm

Well, the Nerevarine isn't used that badly. A successful Nerevarine goes through hell but comes away [presumably] wealthy, powerful, famous, and functionally immortal.

On the flip side, being a false incarnate is a pretty bad deal.
Horse gal smithe

Post » Wed Nov 18, 2009 12:28 am

Well, the Nerevarine isn't used that badly. A successful Nerevarine goes through hell but comes away [presumably] wealthy, powerful, famous, and functionally immortal.
Famous or infamous? Functionally for the people of Vvardenfell after the events of Morrowind, all that's changed are the weather patterns and their entire religion being thrown out the door. You'll also notice that after you kill Almalexia, nobody believes you. You can't exactly pull a bigger miracle than that, so what are you gonna do?
Svenja Hedrich

Post » Tue Nov 17, 2009 8:13 pm

Nerevarine (Seeing the mushroom cloud from Akavir): "Son of a [censored!]

Sigged.
Riky Carrasco

Post » Tue Nov 17, 2009 11:15 pm

And all because Vivec was too damn righteous to tell Nerevarine how to become a god. That wouldve changed things:

Vivec: Hm, they dont love me enough. Go forth, Rock, and crush.
Nerevarine: *stops Rock* How about no?
Robyn Howlett

Post » Wed Nov 18, 2009 12:40 am

I''ll somewhat return to the topic.
Balmora, Tel Aruhn, Gnisis, Vivec and Molag Mar are definitely here for a long time.
Also I believe, but I'm not sure, that every settlement near popular pilgrimage places are present on the island for a long time (2nd era at least).

Balmora is mentioned in 2920 series, Tel Aruhn in Poison Song (although story is fiction I believe Tel Aruhn was there in 1st Era), Gnisis is also mentioned in books (sorry, but I can't remember at the moment), Vivec is sort of obvious and Molag Mar is ancient Temple stronghold (it seams logical, after all it is sanctuary in a dangerous environment).

Edit:
Also if you do the math most Telvanni towers were erected long time ago.
Kate Schofield

Post » Tue Nov 17, 2009 11:59 pm

Unless the city of Vivec was originally some other city, and just renamed by Almsivi, I would speculate its origins lie shortly after the war of the first council.

In other words, back in Nineteen-dirt.
Natalie Taylor

Post » Tue Nov 17, 2009 12:18 pm

I believe the book Poison Song actually references the construction of Vivec slightly-

Triffith climbed back up the stairs and returned to his chamber to dress for dinner. General Redoran-Vorilk and Counselor Hlaalu-Nothoc would be arriving very shortly to discuss the Temple's plans for reorganizing the House lands of Morrowind. Mournhold was to be renamed Almalexia. A great new city in honor of Vivec was to be built, but with whose gold? It made his head hurt. There were so many details, a long night of argument, threats, and compromises were ahead.

Earlier in the book, the year is said to be 675 of the First Era. So this gives us some idea.
Charles Mckinna

Post » Tue Nov 17, 2009 10:29 pm

Well, I guess that solves it.
Mackenzie

Post » Tue Nov 17, 2009 12:19 pm

Nice! :trophy:
Tha King o Geekz

Post » Tue Nov 17, 2009 2:37 pm

Oh. And congrats to the "Patriarch" paw.
Christine Pane

Post » Tue Nov 17, 2009 8:32 pm

Oh. And congrats to the "Patriarch" paw.

Ew. I was trying to delay it. Dunno why :P
Alexx Peace

PreviousNext

Return to The Elder Scrolls Series Discussion