Where should Skyrims DLC take place?

Post » Fri Dec 16, 2011 6:19 am

elsweyr elsweyr elsweyr!!!
or hircines hunting grounds
Robert Garcia

Post » Fri Dec 16, 2011 11:07 am

Skyrim expanded by a much more changeable world, a system that sets npc importance to low (killable) once their mission relevance is complete, more guild quests perhaps ones that let you expand guilds into different towns. More quests with different end results based on choice and so forth. More factions and faction quests again causing change in skyrim on your choices and paths. Intro into quests involving the removal of the thalmor presence in skyrim. More critters. More spells or some sort of spell crafting. To finish it off more stuff with Dragons and a two headed dragon boss.

Of course some of those things can be done via mods, however even though I own a copy of the game on the PC I am after all the heavy modding I did with marrowind and oblivion I am honestly not all that hyped by mods as like the other games the best ones will not be out for another year or more at least really good ones that do not feel tacked on or has to drastically alter the game just to seem to fit right.
DeeD

Post » Fri Dec 16, 2011 12:15 pm

Skyrim. Falmer rising up led by a "throwback" snow elf. Within the quest line, a deep dwemer colony, still functioning and populated, is discovered. The dwarves have long since lost the knowledge of their technologies and have remained sequestered for millenia, surrounded by falmer.
Flesh Tunnel

Post » Fri Dec 16, 2011 7:11 am

probably some island off the coast of skyrim, i don't know probably some wizard there who got kidnapped by dagon before the battlespire thing happened, returned sometime around 4e1, and you like gotta stop the thalmor from killing him...or something, but something thalmor related at least for the dlc
Laura Ellaby

Post » Fri Dec 16, 2011 4:25 am

I've been thinking about a couple of things I'd like to see:

1. Orsinium, it supposedly got destroyed by the Bretons, I think it would be cool to be able to go to it as a self contained region ala Mournhold, Shivering Isles, The Pitt, etc. and either help the Orcs reclaim it or act to defeat them and drive them permanently from the region.

2. Western Morrowind. I'm not sure what the plot would be like but it'd be cool to see a chunk of the mainland and return to good old Morrowind.

3. Atmora or another realm of Oblivion or a trip to other realms that have yet to be explored like Aetherius

4. The Imperial City. It could be another self contained area and we could go back and see it and it could be redesigned and much larger like it should have been in Oblivion. It could have self contained quests for the Thieves Guild, Dark Brotherhood, Mages Guild, Fighters Guild, etc. as well as a main quest line and various side quests.

5. A Great War DLC where through some sort of magic you are able to see back in time and play through the events of the Great War on each side. This is a bit more far fetched but actually going back in time and participating in the events and possibly changing them. The people in the present and in game books and such would take notice of the changes and acknowledge them as if they really happened (possible with a dragon break?).
Cedric Pearson

Post » Fri Dec 16, 2011 2:23 am

the sea of ghosts, nords are natural born sailers and i want to see the sea from the safety of a boat on the sea

I read on UESP that south of Tamriel is an island called Pyandonea where the Maormer live
Possibility?

it dissapeared according to the college quest-line
Rex Help

Post » Fri Dec 16, 2011 2:27 am

High Rock makes the most sense. I could see some kind of crazy world threatening plot cooked up by the Forsworn (with the help of a Daedric Prince of course), and you need to go to High Rock to find the one old Breton wizard who knows how to stop it!

I voted for Black Marsh though... Just because it would look cool and provide the opportunity to encounter very unique enemies.
Amanda Furtado

Post » Thu Dec 15, 2011 11:20 pm

I really want to see some cameo characters like Divayth Fyr or maybe the spirits of characters from the older games. I think Mannimarco would be good for a cameo too if they just go back and retcon the lame Altmer you had to kill in Oblivion as just being an aspect of him.
Stacy Hope

Post » Fri Dec 16, 2011 7:30 am

Orsinium would be nice to see. It's the smallest province so making it wouldn't take too long and I'd love to see more orcs that aren't living in colonies.
lucile davignon

Post » Fri Dec 16, 2011 12:52 am

Expansion*

And ATMORA

(Why is Skyrim on the list, lol?)

I put skyrim up if you just wanted an expansion to the existing map like houses and villages and so forth.
Kirsty Wood

Post » Thu Dec 15, 2011 10:41 pm

I want Atmora, as other provinces are reserved for future games imo. However, having already used High Rock in "Daggerfall," they may be able to pull it off as a sort of secure your borders type thing.
Milad Hajipour

Post » Fri Dec 16, 2011 11:02 am

not in any other province
Laura Ellaby

Post » Thu Dec 15, 2011 10:36 pm

It's been said a few times, but I agree that Atmora would be awesome. <3
le GraiN

Post » Fri Dec 16, 2011 12:08 am

Go to Akavir. Find the Nerevarine.
Rinceoir

Post » Thu Dec 15, 2011 9:41 pm

Orsinium would be nice to see. It's the smallest province so making it wouldn't take too long and I'd love to see more orcs that aren't living in colonies.

It's technically part of High Rock isn't it? I just think it'd be cool to see seeing as how it was recently destroyed and all. That leaves all sorts of space for the writers to do their thing and there is definitely plenty of room for conflict, not to mention possible Thalmor interference into things and learning a bit more about High Rock's and the Orc's feelings towards the Empire. Plus it would give us more insight into the Orcs. On a side note, It could also have some Bloodmoon Ravenrock-esque qualities to it with the possible rebuilding. I'm largely more in favor of seeing regional DLC, not focusing on whole provinces but specific locales and I think Orsinium would work perfectly.
Kelly Upshall

Post » Fri Dec 16, 2011 9:16 am

Oblivion

Cheers
Rhi Edwards

Post » Thu Dec 15, 2011 11:16 pm

i know i'll never get it, but i want black marsh soooooo bad
daniel royle

Post » Fri Dec 16, 2011 12:12 am

OP totally messed up the poll.
Lifee Mccaslin

Post » Fri Dec 16, 2011 9:25 am

Something that delves into the falmer and their culture would be infinitely better than a new province,
Spoiler
when doing the thieves guild quest line, the giant statue of the ancient falmer when you kill mercer frey was great and i wanted more
god knows why people would rather bring back the dwemer than discover more about that clearly fascinating race.
Kelsey Hall

Post » Fri Dec 16, 2011 12:36 pm

I think a great DLC would be that you the Dragonborn, try and become a High King! Thats right you heard me. You get to pick which hold you start with, overthrow the Jarl that is in charge. Raise an army, and then try and take out the other holds and unite them under your banner, now of course, they would unite against you, and you will be forced to take out as many forts as possible for control of your regions. But in essence, they can strike you as well, especially if you do not really focus on the war and leave the war effort. I think that would be a great DLC. Call it Skyrim: The Dragonborn High King (opposing factions could be: Imperial, other holds Jarls, and of course the Thalmor) what do you guys think?
Sabrina Steige

Post » Fri Dec 16, 2011 6:52 am

Hircine's Hunting Grounds.
Anna Beattie

Post » Fri Dec 16, 2011 8:25 am

First off, I wish I had the time put into the game to even think of a DLC.

Second, they had better keep in in Skyrim. Entire games should be set elsewere, they should not be limited to DLC.
Chantelle Walker

Post » Fri Dec 16, 2011 12:57 am

It wouldn't be fun Or interesting if dlc took place in skyrim

Cheers
Natalie J Webster

Post » Fri Dec 16, 2011 2:21 am

Atmora's a good, logical choice given the connection to Skyrim historically.

Wherever the Falmer call home would be another good one; they're a pretty significant "other" party in Skyrim without much direct plot focus (that I've stumbled upon at least).

Aside from that, a plot local to Skyrim focusing on combating the Thalmor; think of it like Skyrim's verison of Broken Steel taking place chronologically after the main quest/civil war driving their influence from the region with finality. However, I haven't finished the main quest or civil war, so that may be unworkable in some way.
Richard

Post » Fri Dec 16, 2011 7:41 am

hircines hunting grounds

Hircines hunting grounds

Hircine's Hunting Grounds.

naana

PreviousNext

Return to V - Skyrim