Why Light/Medium/Heavy Armor Skills makes no sense

Post » Mon Oct 04, 2010 1:08 pm

It should be based on strength.
Jonathan Windmon

Post » Mon Oct 04, 2010 6:12 am

I think the idea of fighting unarmored but still getting a bonus as if you are wearing an armor is silly. What would be the point in spending your hard-earned septims on armor in the first place, if you can simply go out in your birthday-suit, get carved up, and somehow have your skin harden to metallic levels from the experience?

I actually prefer how it was in Oblivion in that case, with no skill for fighting unarmored. If you get stabbed, the steel enters your body no matter HOW much practice you had at fighting nvde. Fighting unarmored should be based on NOT getting hit!
Same goes for those who wear armor too, but I guess gameplay-wise, it would be more important for unarmored characters.
If you want to fight unarmored, there should be perks for it based around evasive moves.
Hated it in Morrowind when a naked character with high Unarmored skill would resist damage better than if he put a bloody steel armor on. Made sense much?

oh dont get me wrong i agree with you 100%. i'm thinking more of a pain tolerance where only a certain % is shaved off but no where near as effective as armor.
Ryan Lutz

Post » Sun Oct 03, 2010 10:04 pm

i think we should keep the armor skills of medium heavy and light but with huge penalties.

I don't know if you guys played BRINK. it just came out and its awesome, the thing that relates to this is that they have a heavy medium and light body type. heavy moves very slow but can carry heavier weapons and has more health. medium is happy medium between light and heavy but can't carry some weapons that the heavy can. Light carries small weapons and has low health but can jump off walls and basically fly around the map. if they cut put that into armor then that would be perfect

It also makes sense that a heavy would be bad with light armor because he is bigger in stature and hasn't learned parkour stunts like the light body type has so you can't be a jack of all trades
Nitol Ahmed

Post » Mon Oct 04, 2010 11:09 am

Plus, reflective metal is hardly ideal if you wish to sneak around.

Ever wore Glass armour? :tongue:
Frank Firefly

Post » Mon Oct 04, 2010 9:28 am

Hes saying the first one was silly and sounded stupid.

The socond is stating a fact that someone would say when asked a question.

Better question would be, why would anyone say that, even in a perk system?

In the character's point of view it's totally irrelevant, both of it means that he's trained in wearing heavy armor.
kiss my weasel

Post » Sun Oct 03, 2010 10:45 pm

I bet they will do one armor skill with perks for light/heavy specialization. Makes a lot more sense than two distinct skills, and it goes along with their weapon streamlining strategy. A pure stealth character shouldn't need armor anyway, so there's no good reason to have the light armor skill under the stealth banner. If you're getting benefit of using armor, then you are in combat
keri seymour

Post » Mon Oct 04, 2010 9:47 am

I bet they will do one armor skill with perks for light/heavy specialization. Makes a lot more sense than two distinct skills, and it goes along with their weapon streamlining strategy. A pure stealth character shouldn't need armor anyway, so there's no good reason to have the light armor skill under the stealth banner. If you're getting benefit of using armor, then you are in combat

That's probably what they will do. They won't do it to get rid of Light/Heavy Armor but for space reasons.
Kristina Campbell

Post » Sun Oct 03, 2010 10:14 pm

i dont agree, it is totally different moving in leather armor,mail and plate and they requite different things too so it actually makes sense
i have tested all but the full plate as im live role player but even the "plate" armor i tested once... ill tell you this i became statue till ppl released me :P
Lexy Corpsey

Previous

Return to V - Skyrim