Do you think that the Enclave is good?

Post » Wed Aug 26, 2009 3:57 am

What don't you remember they did make an anti-mutagen cure. Or didn't you ever test it out for that nice doctor in FO2?
Nancy RIP

Post » Tue Aug 25, 2009 11:06 pm

Ah, I love the smell of flaming in the morning.

XD
Jonathan Windmon

Post » Wed Aug 26, 2009 6:52 am

What don't you remember they did make an anti-mutagen cure. Or didn't you ever test it out for that nice doctor in FO2?

sadly, i havent played it
:bolt:
Zach Hunter

Post » Wed Aug 26, 2009 3:46 am

Well it was a great success! It destroyed all the the mutant DNA! Unfortunately the test subject had very little human DNA left and ended up a puddle of goo! ;)
Chavala

Post » Wed Aug 26, 2009 8:05 am

I figured you would understand that saying being all gung ho enclave. What are you talking about start what discussion, tell what what the discussion is before you tell me I know nothing about it. If you people liked and played then enclave for no other reason then thier power and technology it would be one thing but you guys actually try to tell us how great they are for other reasons like how they what to restore the USA at any cost, and how thats all fine and dandy. Ridiculousness points is what you get every time you type something with out thinking which you do often.

We try to tell you how fine and dandy it is with the same level as you tell us how it is not.
The discussion I wanted you not to start is the "Enclave = Nazi" crap which appears in these threads quite often. Enclave and Hitler are not only not linked by any degree but also political discussion is not allowed in these forums.
Juliet

Post » Tue Aug 25, 2009 8:20 pm

I only used the word Nazi once and I wont use it anymore but you have to admit the parallels of the two.
Nathan Hunter

Post » Wed Aug 26, 2009 3:26 am

I only used the word Nazi once and I wont use it anymore but you have to admit the parallels of the two.

Nazis didn't invent genocide and their genocide was purely ethnic and targeted against certain groups of people, while Enclave is conducting omnicide with airborne chemicals and occasionally flame.
Fallout 3's Enclave may have been roughly inspired by Nazism, but the ideologies are most certainly not connected. Originally, however, the Enclave was more similar to ultra-conservatives, superamerican patriots rather than the militaristic clique they are in FO3. The FEV has always been just a plot device to justify their killing.

But yes, enough of this.
Rachel Cafferty

Post » Wed Aug 26, 2009 5:57 am

No.

This.
XPidgex Jefferson

Post » Wed Aug 26, 2009 5:26 am

I've been hearing this a lot, and I hope its true. I don't want the Enclave or BoS in New Vegas, I'm sick of these discussions.
Alex Blacke

Post » Wed Aug 26, 2009 11:47 am

They are extremist, but I still think that they are neutral, actually more chaotic neutral. They seem to be based on alot of post apocalypse US government stuff from other books. Essentially killing things to maintain order.
J.P loves

Post » Wed Aug 26, 2009 9:54 am

The motives? Yes. The means? not so much. Though to parrot it; Autumn was completely against the use of modified FEV and instead wanted to use PP as a means to convey the Enclaves awesome power. I ask this though: Can any other main faction in F3 be convinced to blow them and potentially unlimited pre-war knowledge sky high? convinced that their cause is lost and to just walk away? The Enclave may be considered evil but at least they can see reason and just give up. BS destroys this though and partially introduces us to "Enclave high command" < Future plot device? I think so..
sas

Post » Wed Aug 26, 2009 9:41 am

I would have to say no.

Autumn though wanted to use PP as a way to control the wasteland, and they probably would of sold the water. Just wish Autumn and the Enclave weren't so crazy >.>
leni

Post » Wed Aug 26, 2009 12:41 pm

The motives? Yes. The means? not so much. Though to parrot it; Autumn was completely against the use of modified FEV and instead wanted to use PP as a means to convey the Enclaves awesome power. I ask this though: Can any other main faction in F3 be convinced to blow them and potentially unlimited pre-war knowledge sky high? convinced that their cause is lost and to just walk away? The Enclave may be considered evil but at least they can see reason and just give up. BS destroys this though and partially introduces us to "Enclave high command" < Future plot device? I think so..

Agreed. BS completely ruined the best ending for the Enclave, the one where you convince both Eden and Autumn to give up and see reason. It made them multidimensional and added depth to them. They were really concerned about America, and when they realised they would be only doing it harm, they genuinely changed their actions. BS just returned them to being evil, fanatic and hypocritical bigots.
Zach Hunter

Post » Wed Aug 26, 2009 12:08 pm

I would have to say no.

Autumn though wanted to use PP as a way to control the wasteland, and they probably would of sold the water. Just wish Autumn and the Enclave weren't so crazy >.>

Autumn is actually the only Enclave character in 2277 that really believes in Enclave's holy mission. He does, afterall, constantly refer to the country as United States and talks about the line of presidency, while Eden mentions the United States only once in the radio. And while he talks to you at the purifier, knowing that he has nothing to lose, he does seem like telling what he's really thinking. He wouldn't be the first Enclave person to strongly believe in Enclave's good side. His methods just svck and make him look like a total bad guy.
Allison Sizemore

Post » Wed Aug 26, 2009 9:36 am

While I now support the Enclave, I will always believe that the hid behind the lie that they are the American government. They "elected" Eden and Richardson, but not all of America voted, just the Enclave. They call themselves this, but they not.

Also, I was reading the last page and Seti, a slight mutation is a mutation.

Yes, it is a mutation. It doesn't make someone inhuman.
Sabrina Schwarz

Post » Tue Aug 25, 2009 10:19 pm

Thats what I've been trying to tell him. He just can't seem to rap him head around it. Seti is killing your enemy a bad thing? You still not looking at it from any other view other than your own bias one. So you'll never see anything else.

Are you saying humanity is the Enclave's enemy. You can't seem to wrap your head around the idea the genocide=bad. Many wastelanders are human. They are harmless, defenseless humans. How can you justify their murder? This has gone beyond an opinion. This is unbelievable. How do you ever justify the homicide of harmless humans? Why do you Enclave justifiers repeat the same, pointless information over and over again? Did you not read my posts.

GENOCIDE=BAD

SLIGHT MUTATIONS DO NOT EQUAL INHUMAN AND/OR DANGEROUS.
pinar

Post » Tue Aug 25, 2009 8:30 pm

Autumn is actually the only Enclave character in 2277 that really believes in Enclave's holy mission. He does, afterall, constantly refer to the country as United States and talks about the line of presidency, while Eden mentions the United States only once in the radio. And while he talks to you at the purifier, knowing that he has nothing to lose, he does seem like telling what he's really thinking. He wouldn't be the first Enclave person to strongly believe in Enclave's good side. His methods just svck and make him look like a total bad guy.

Richardson's Enclave was just as bad. Their philosophy is exactly what Eden's is.

Also, Autumn still shoots innocents and still considers anyone who is "impure", dirt. He would never treat a wastelander as his equal, not even close. Eden's Enclave and Richardson's Enclave ARE the Enclave. Autumn doesn't lead the Enclave. He is one person with perhaps only a few soldiers following him. We know that Autumn doesn't like the FEV idea, but only Autumn. Both known leaders of the Enclave supported use of the modified FEV and so most of the Enclave would have as well. The true Enclave has made that their goal. Fallout 2's Enclave was attempting the exact, same thing. Autumn is still part of the Enclave and still follows their philosophy, but only he has been confirmed of disagreeing with this one thing, and of course there will be some who disagree, but Autumn and a couple of his soldiers do not represent the Enclave. He didn't even appear in Fallout 2. Face it, the actual Enclave supports the eradication of the "impure".
Kelvin

Post » Tue Aug 25, 2009 9:23 pm

I think they are bad with good intentions.
In the words of FalloutFTW, the people who support the Enclave love them because they are the [censored] antagonist.
Bones47

Post » Wed Aug 26, 2009 2:32 am

I think they are bad with good intentions.
In the words of FalloutFTW, the people who support the Enclave love them because they are the [censored] antagonist.

I'm fine with people who like them because of that, but not every Enclave supporter is like that. Many try to justify the Enclave's actions. Read Andaius's posts on this thread.
CArlos BArrera

Post » Wed Aug 26, 2009 5:10 am

I'm fine with people who like them because of that, but not every Enclave supporter is like that. Many try to justify the Enclave's actions. Read Andaius's posts on this thread.

Wait, how can you justify the Enclave as good.
They are bad with good intetions, nothing more, nothing less.
Jonathan Montero

Post » Wed Aug 26, 2009 6:52 am

Wait, how can you justify the Enclave as good.
They are bad with good intetions, nothing more, nothing less.

Some people try to justify the Enclave's actions. I strongly disagree with them. The Enclave want to kill off all "impure" people, which is their intention. It is an action as well as an intention. However, some people try to justify the Enclave's killing.
Travis

Post » Wed Aug 26, 2009 12:51 am

The Enclave are an affront and defilement of everything the country they claim to represent once stood for.
Lauren Denman

Post » Wed Aug 26, 2009 5:21 am

There is nothing to argue here. The Enclave is bad and evil; any one seeing it or justifying it any other way is delusional.
Solène We

Post » Tue Aug 25, 2009 8:56 pm

The Enclave is the continuation of the American Government and the American Government is evil.
Thats the simple answer.
The Enclave isn't only 'good' they are GREAT for loot!
Armor and weapons worth thousands of caps!
I love those guys!
Stacey Mason

Post » Wed Aug 26, 2009 10:29 am

The Enclave isn't only 'good' they are GREAT for loot!
Armor and weapons worth thousands of caps!
I love those guys!

This ^

They are walking loot machines. I would miss them in my game.
Nice one

PreviousNext

Return to Fallout 3