90MB Save File - Play Time 419.10.17 - Level 56

Post » Mon May 21, 2012 9:47 pm

We have a dual PS3 set up and my wife and I have been playing simultaneously. Mine grew out of control, while hers never passed 14MB. She completed the main quests and is far past me level wise as well. What happened, I don’t know, but it is hilarious.

That's crazy. Seeing it was an experience. You may have something here. Maybe a world record. My save file was under 8mb for the longest time. It just went up to 12mb in the last two weeks.
Amy Melissa

Post » Tue May 22, 2012 3:39 am

This is insanity, I've been playing the same character, and so has my boyfriend since the start off, I'm level 50 with a 13 MB save file, and I collect everything I've got tons of stuff stored away in my houses, own like all the horses, and pretty much just tear around the skyrim countryside like a maniac lol, my boyfriend is a level51 nor or something, but he has some issues with it freezing up on him a good bit too, where i don't, and we use the same ps3 to boot. I hope your game gets better with the next update and all, but I think you are cursed.
LijLuva

Post » Tue May 22, 2012 9:17 am

wow.... i just wanted to see with my own eyes a savefile at 90mb.. i find it more harder to believe you stuck with it that long,
and what exactly are u doing different from another person with roughly the same amount of hours but a 15mb(roughly) savefile ?

Don't think I am doing anything different. Playstyle is listed in my encyclopaedia at the top.
Anna S

Post » Tue May 22, 2012 3:42 am

Keep fighting the good fight Kundalini.

I just see red every time I pick the disc up right now, Your intestinal fortitude is astounding.
darnell waddington

Post » Tue May 22, 2012 9:19 am

Rozlyn Robinson

Post » Tue May 22, 2012 12:56 am

Kundalini, I just watched your video. You're pretty funny. A sense of humor must really help with your game from hell. Please keep us informed of your ordeal.

And why so many saves? I have 2 that I switch off between plus 2 really early saves from 30 levels ago.
OTTO

Post » Tue May 22, 2012 5:06 am

Kundalini, I just watched your video. You're pretty funny. A sense of humor must really help with your game from hell. Please keep us informed of your ordeal.

And why so many saves? I have 2 that I switch off between plus 2 really early saves from 30 levels ago.

Thanks. As far as the saves, I read somewhere to create a new save instead of saving over the old one. I don't really see that it should make a difference, but I do it anyway just in case. Plus, at some point with a file that big, its probably going to start corrupting and having the other saves will give me something to roll back to.
Farrah Lee

Post » Tue May 22, 2012 2:43 am

Kundalini, I noticed you exit the program differently from me. I always, always exit the game by first saving, then quitting from the main menu. If you don't count the times when my screen freezes & I have to walk over to my console & push the on/off button. So that's how my play style differs significantly from yours (plus the number of saves).
His Bella

Post » Tue May 22, 2012 10:37 am

The file is off to Bethesda. This is the second file of mine they have, hopefully there is something in there that they can make use of.
Anna Krzyzanowska

Post » Tue May 22, 2012 5:03 am

I don't know if this was brought up before, but do you and your wife have the same type of PS3 system? Do you both have SSDs?
Bellismydesi

Post » Tue May 22, 2012 6:10 am

I just watched the video man...you're the [censored]! "Thank you Some-One we all appreciate your curiosity and skepticism!" That part had me dying for like 20 min. I'm glad you used the computer voice simulator, I don't think it would have been so entertaining without it. For the record, I so DID want you to recite pi again!
James Rhead

Post » Tue May 22, 2012 10:25 am

91 MB now...
Bitter End

Post » Tue May 22, 2012 3:43 am

How are you still sane with all this!?! Just saw the video. You have my utmost respect!
Sarah Edmunds

Post » Tue May 22, 2012 1:41 am

If the next patch doesn't improve your save file then it's time to just let it go buddy.

Well, get to 100mb for bragging rights, and then let go.
sophie

Post » Tue May 22, 2012 2:27 am

Im lv. 70 @ 235hrs @ 16mb save file. Your play time in accordance to your level seems a little out of balance. Also with nearly 82 quests done, about 319 misc. and about 315 locations discovered. All guild quests done, all Deadric quests done, all shouts learned, all Main quests done. Way more 100 skills then I actually need ( includes enchanting, smithing, light and heavy armor one armed, alteration, conjeration, lockpicking, pickpocketing and a majority of others @ 80 or above. I just dont see how you can only be a lv 56 after 400 hrs. This is not a troll rant, just an inconsistency that I noticed.
Cassie Boyle

Post » Mon May 21, 2012 8:24 pm

None the less.... Impressive.
Jaki Birch

Post » Mon May 21, 2012 8:00 pm

Im lv. 70 @ 235hrs @ 16mb save file. Your play time in accordance to your level seems a little out of balance. Also with nearly 82 quests done, about 319 misc. and about 315 locations discovered. All guild quests done, all Deadric quests done, all shouts learned, all Main quests done. Way more 100 skills then I actually need ( includes enchanting, smithing, light and heavy armor one armed, alteration, conjeration, lockpicking, pickpocketing and a majority of others @ 80 or above. I just dont see how you can only be a lv 56 after 400 hrs. This is not a troll rant, just an inconsistency that I noticed.

Not everyone 'levels' it's not the be all and end all of Oblivion Skyrim I play personally just to enjoy myself, see the sights, travel around, run like [censored] from the dragons... I am actually terrified of them and every time I hear a roar a cold shiver goes up my spine until I realise it's just a bear or something.

Congrats Bethesda you've actually made it possible for a role-player to feel a certain level of 'fear' or that 'Oh [censored] RUUUNNNN!' feeling.
Alister Scott

Post » Tue May 22, 2012 6:06 am

as you've said,you've more skills at 100 than you actually need.I have a 380hr save at lvl 51 and I'm at the point that if I wish to gain levels (which I don't) I'd have to grind training.

OP,I'm astounded at the size of your save file there is something has gone very wrong there,I have 3 charchters all with 250hr+ hour saves and they are all sat at the 14-15 mb size though I think I've experianced most of the bugs you've encountered at one point or another
patricia kris

Post » Tue May 22, 2012 8:50 am

as you've said,you've more skills at 100 than you actually need.I have a 380hr save at lvl 51 and I'm at the point that if I wish to gain levels (which I don't) I'd have to grind training.

OP,I'm astounded at the size of your save file there is something has gone very wrong there,I have 3 charchters all with 250hr+ hour saves and they are all sat at the 14-15 mb size though I think I've experianced most of the bugs you've encountered at one point or another

Props to you man! If you have 3 at 250+ that is the equivalent of approximately 32 days of playtime (if not more) out of the 72 days its been out!
City Swagga

Post » Tue May 22, 2012 9:20 am

Props to you man! If you have 3 at 250+ that is the equivalent of approximately 32 days of playtime (if not more) out of the 72 days its been out!

That's equivalent to someone who needs sleep...badly.

You hear me! Go to bed more!

...and I don't mean in game either -.-

(Why why do I have to explain this both ways?)
Melis Hristina

Post » Tue May 22, 2012 4:59 am

Not everyone 'levels' it's not the be all and end all of Oblivion Skyrim I play personally just to enjoy myself, see the sights, travel around, run like [censored] from the dragons... I am actually terrified of them and every time I hear a roar a cold shiver goes up my spine until I realise it's just a bear or something.

I dont want to imply that leveling is the "end all be all" I just wanted to share the fact that I concur with the majority here in saying that something is amiss when a file size goes to 91mb. And your right man I was definatly at a point where I was grinding skills( I think this was about at level 53 or so). To agree with what you said this was my way of having fun. To me it didnt feel like mindless grinding. I just wanted to see how far I could push myself in this game.

And yess those damn Dragons..... x.x scary
carrie roche

Post » Tue May 22, 2012 8:56 am

my actual total playtime /24 = 35 days

and yes I do need to "go to bed more" but who doesn't?
Anna Beattie

Post » Tue May 22, 2012 10:44 am

my actual total playtime /24 = 35 days

and yes I do need to "go to bed more" but who doesn't?

Sane people and those who know how to play in moderation! :)
Lauren Denman

Post » Tue May 22, 2012 4:05 am

Noting an inconsistency without actually thinking about what you are noting classifies as trolling in my book. This is something that people really just need to get over. Don't hurt your brain trying to figure it out, ponder it, or otherwise anolyze it (however I will break it down for you, just because I am that nice), it is not worth it. You are not the first person that noticed this, I was when I started reading up on save file sizes and many others have been gracious enough to point it out as well. I gave up on that line of inquiry at the 37MB mark (until now). There is something seriously wrong with my file. It is what it is. I figured posting every stat possible would help clear some of it up, but I guess it just muddied the waters. Let me solve some of the math for you. I mentioned that I have done the old Bethesda suggested work around of waiting and sleeping for 30 periods. As you would have noticed in my stats that I took hours writing up, as of the time of the post, I have waited and slept for a total of 14134 days. You found the file size odd, but not that? To sleep or wait 24 hours off of a fresh load of my save (not after it has started glitching)) takes 34 seconds. 14134 x 34 / 60 / 60 = 133 hours (real world) spent waiting and sleeping. Now, I don't just sit there with baited breath waiting for that 30 day cycle to complete, I do other things, like clean, eat, hit the restroom, read, etc. so there is extra time in there that we are not calculating. Anyway, there is 133 hours accounted for. Let’s continue. I made a video to show how ridiculous this file is (although I can still make it though a quest at a time with some clever saving and when it doesn't save, redoing the quest (max count on redos is 8 at the moment). Back to the video... Assuming that the game time counter starts as soon as you hit load and ends when you hit Quit Game there is approximately 11 minutes 21 seconds of game time in the video. Let’s look at loads so we can see how much of that was spent just sitting there. Sitting here with a stop watch, just in case my math in the video was wrong (and it looks like it is): the initial load takes 3 minutes 43 seconds, exiting the house that load screen takes 31 seconds, the fast travel takes 21 seconds, saving in the end takes approximately 3 minutes 30 seconds (I rounded down there). There is a total of approximately 8 minutes and 5 seconds of nothingness in that "play time." I am fairly certain my times here last a bit longer than the average user. I know for a fact that I have waited over 10 minutes in some of these load screens when I am actually playing and not just making a video (No, I am not going to record everything because I prefer playing the game on a 42” screen and not looking at it though a tiny window on my laptop.) That means there is 3 minutes 16 seconds of actual game time in it. Scrapping the seconds 8 / 11 * 100 = 72.72%, which is the percent of the time I spent loading in just that video. Shall we take this against my non-sleep/wait time for the game? Yes, we shall... As of the post there was 419 hours and 10 minutes of game time. Subtracting all the sleep/wait space that is 286 hours (413 - 133). While the wait time percentage is not constant, we will have to use it since I have not been tracking this over time. 286 * .7272 = 207 hours that could have potentially been wasted in those lovely load screens. We know this is impossible and that it has to be less since in the beginning of the game things were a lot quicker and reaching Level 56 in 71 hours is a stretch. Hopefully though, that is food for thought and alleviates everyone’s pain in trying to rectify the time disparity...remember you don't have a file so screwed up that it is 90+ MB so comparing your experience to mine is kinda pointless at this point. Congratulations for trolling though, I hope that was the result you were seeking.
X(S.a.R.a.H)X

Post » Tue May 22, 2012 9:37 am

I racked up most of my hours during a 30 day recovery period from shoulder surgery when all I was allowed to do was sit. Congrats to Bethesda on giving me something to do other than read or watch soap operas (really that is all that is on when you are supposed to be at work). Now...fix my game!
Angelina Mayo

PreviousNext

Return to V - Skyrim