90MB Save File - Play Time 419.10.17 - Level 56

Post » Mon May 21, 2012 11:00 pm

I'm still hoping for a fix ... my 26mb (almost 300 hours of play time and level 52 Rogue / Assassin) save game makes the game unplayable for me.

If i load and start in a building, i can move without any lag until i go out.

When i load outside in the wilderness or a town, i can barely move...i can only use fast travel and try to play in dungeon for 2 minutes or so, then the games is lagging like hell and i have to reboot my PS3 to start playing again for 2 mins :(
Alina loves Alexandra

Post » Tue May 22, 2012 10:19 am

I favour ranged/sneak and I find that combo seriously OP> My char is lvl 81 my save is 11mb, Difficulty is set just short of max. Mind you I spent alot of time just wandering the wilderness sourcing reagents. I've done the Companions, Mages faction, Theaves faction (almost) and started the Blades Faction. Enchanting, Smithing (Light), Alchemy were my first skillset. Basically I wanted to make a self sufficient Ranger. Archery is my main, One handed and Light Armour. With some heavy armour perks to help with weight when/if I get into any major battles. I had my basic Ranger build complete before I reported to the Jarl at whiterun and onwards from there. Course this is the 4th time I have started this due to bugs and having learnt what not to do til they fixed it. What enables me to play is the methode linked in my sig and then making sure I spend some time doing jobs in each faction, not crossing into too many factions at once and making sure I qualify quests. Which means some backtracking beause; say for instance whilst doing the Mages faction? I stumbled upon Shalidors quests, after looking into it I realised it was magically based so I reloaded my save I make at the start of any new quest as if I never started it and so far all this is enabling me to play. Lag only creeps in every 6-7 hrs of play, its not much. So I save, exit to the main menu and then restart the PS3 and reload when that happens.

Have you been reading http://www.mangafox.com/manga/yureka/ per chance? Almost exactly what Alpha/Gamma did
Jeff Tingler

Post » Tue May 22, 2012 12:08 am

In other news...save file just reached 92MB. I doubt it will go much further…so much for the 100MB goal.
Don't give up now that you're so close! Try leaving the game to idle for a few hours again and see if that bloats it over the tipping point.
Lizs

Post » Mon May 21, 2012 11:59 pm

Have you been reading http://www.mangafox.com/manga/yureka/ per chance? Almost exactly what Alpha/Gamma did

Looks interestig. All the way back to pen and paper AD&D my main chars started as a Ranger of the wilds and slowly worked his way 'round to being a Knight and eventually a Paladin, or equivalent.

@J-spot
Have you bothered with trying some of the work arounds suggested by various people? Theres one I wrote in my sig links. Give it a go, it can't hurt.
Haley Cooper

Post » Tue May 22, 2012 1:21 am

I'm still hoping for a fix ... my 26mb (almost 300 hours of play time and level 52 Rogue / Assassin) save game makes the game unplayable for me.

If i load and start in a building, i can move without any lag until i go out.

When i load outside in the wilderness or a town, i can barely move...i can only use fast travel and try to play in dungeon for 2 minutes or so, then the games is lagging like hell and i have to reboot my PS3 to start playing again for 2 mins :(
I have exactly the same symptoms as you and my save is at 16Mb. God knows how kundalini_81 has got as far has he has, honestly the guy is a hero for persevering with his train wreck of a save. Shame it doesn't look like he's going to get to 100Mb, but I'll continue to follow his exploits until 1.4 comes out.
Ashley Hill

Post » Tue May 22, 2012 1:18 am

I have exactly the same symptoms as you and my save is at 16Mb. God knows how kundalini_81 has got as far has he has, honestly the guy is a hero for persevering with his train wreck of a save. Shame it doesn't look like he's going to get to 100Mb, but I'll continue to follow his exploits until 1.4 comes out.

Its a game to him. He's enjoying breaking the game as much as he can. After the first broken aspect in the save if you don't have a working save to revert to then its over. From what I understand he's just playing the game of "See how far I can take this" game.
Matt Fletcher

Post » Tue May 22, 2012 4:38 am

Its a game to him. He's enjoying breaking the game as much as he can. After the first broken aspect in the save if you don't have a working save to revert to then its over. From what I understand he's just playing the game of "See how far I can take this" game.

Well, there really isn't anything else to do at this point 200, 300, or 400+ hours. If a game is broke, it is all wasted time from there.
ILy- Forver

Post » Tue May 22, 2012 12:16 pm

Ya I know. I get where you're comming from. Just saying.
Laura Tempel

Post » Mon May 21, 2012 11:59 pm

Just curious...what's the cache/buffer size on you SSD?
M!KkI

Post » Tue May 22, 2012 4:04 am

Just curious...what's the cache/buffer size on you SSD?

To my knowledge it doesn't have a buffer. Probably should have considered that and looked at the Intel 510 series or a Crucial M4. In truth, I like Kingston (their stuff just works) and my old SSDnow treats me great on my laptop so I went...shiny...Kingston...on sale...buy (a corporation’s favorite consumer). It’s a Kingston HyperX SH100S3 SATAIII (though I doubt the PS3 hardware has SATAIII, I couldn't find it anywhere, as such, no 6GB/s speeds for me :shakehead: ). At SATAIII-6GB/s it would have a max sequential read of 550MB/s and a max sequential write of 510MB/s with 4KB random reads up to 20,000 IOPS and random write up to 60,000 IOPS.

Judging by how long it takes to transfer a 90MB save to my thumbdrive, I doubt the PS3 even has a USB 2.0 interface let alone SATAIII (either that or they really crapped up something in the latest firmware because I don't remember anything ever taking that long to back up before it).

Now I am wanting a new SSD...(Dream Crusher perk notification should show up in the left hand side of your screen any moment now :fallout: )
Saul C

Post » Tue May 22, 2012 11:12 am

Looks interestig. All the way back to pen and paper AD&D my main chars started as a Ranger of the wilds and slowly worked his way 'round to being a Knight and eventually a Paladin, or equivalent.

@J-spot
Have you bothered with trying some of the work arounds suggested by various people? Theres one I wrote in my sig links. Give it a go, it can't hurt.

i actually want to ask you a question about your work around actually and i cant do it on that thread as it got locked but yea ill start from the beginning after skyrims constant crashes i reformatted the PS3 and reset it to factory settings (helped ish but crashes came back with a vengeance) after the reformat the only games to have gone onto my system were Fallout 3, Skyrim and the Darkness i never recovered the back up i made on an external drive back onto the PS3 well a couple of weeks after that after a particularly bad crash i did your work around booting into safe mode and followed it to the letter figured it wouldn't hurt boot the PS3 back up and i find the Darkness Game install has gone the saves are still there though but the weirdest thing is a game install and save file for Hunted the deamons forge appeared out of nowhere now i haven't played that game since the reformat it hasn't even been put into my playstation since that reformat nor have its saves i have still not played this game since so im not even sure the install and save file that appeared work are you able to shed some light onto how the hell that happened?

on the topic of skyrim though i gave up nothing has worked it still crashes far to much and unpatched it doesnt crash but it bugs out to a point you cant play anymore so i went back to oblivion and started again with shivering iles this time i have to say im loving it
rolanda h

Post » Tue May 22, 2012 10:15 am

@kundalini_81
I have to ask.
With this incredible feat, save size, level and playtime, do you have the shield charge perk? And if so, hasn't it glitched?
jenny goodwin

Post » Tue May 22, 2012 12:24 pm

@kundalini_81
I have to ask.
With this incredible feat, save size, level and playtime, do you have the shield charge perk? And if so, hasn't it glitched?

Sorry, I don't have that. I rarely use shields/block so my stats there are horrible. If they weren't so bad, I'd get it just to check, but it would take forever at this point.
Michelle Smith

Post » Mon May 21, 2012 7:55 pm

Damn... The block skill is great itself, I kill giants from almost the very beginning just because of it, and shield charge alone was one of the funniest skills I've got... until it stopped...
Rachael Williams

Post » Mon May 21, 2012 9:33 pm

on the topic of skyrim though i gave up nothing has worked it still crashes far to much and unpatched it doesnt crash but it bugs out to a point you cant play anymore so i went back to oblivion and started again with shivering iles this time i have to say im loving it

Don't feel bad. I have tried every workaround I could find and was presented to me. All they have done is allow me to inch along to an eventual dead game...my process now is sad...
  • Start Game
  • Load Save
  • Go to next quest location and hopefully not crash 5 times getting there
    • If the distance is too far from the closest location I can fast travel to this typically is a long drawn out process. The game usually crashes at almost the exact same spot each time if I have to walk for a bit. So…
    • Interim Step for Long Walks…
      • Note spot where crash is inevitable, save just before arriving to that point.
      • Quit
      • Reload
  • Save upon arrival to quest location inside of the entry way.
  • Reboot/Start Game/Load Save
  • Enter Area of Quest
  • Save
  • Do Quest
  • Save Before Exiting the Area
  • Fast Travel to Turn in Point/Turn In
  • Fast Travel back to Whiterun and enter home.
  • Save (for some reason, even if the frame rate is 1 – 2 fps, I can usually have a successful save in my Whiterun home….that is…if I can make it to it before the game is kaput.
Queen of Spades

Post » Tue May 22, 2012 11:40 am

deleted...double post...sorry
Andrea P

Post » Tue May 22, 2012 3:00 am

• Start Game
  • Load Save
  • Go to next quest location and hopefully not crash 5 times getting there
    • If the distance is too far from the closest location I can fast travel to this typically is a long drawn out process. The game usually crashes at almost the exact same spot each time if I have to walk for a bit. So…
    • Interim Step for Long Walks…
      • Note spot where crash is inevitable, save just before arriving to that point.
      • Quit
      • Reload
  • Save upon arrival to quest location inside of the entry way.
  • Enter Area of Quest
  • Save
  • Do Quest
  • Fast Travel to Turn in Point/Turn In
  • Fast Travel back to Whiterun and enter home.
  • Save (for some reason, even if the frame rate is 1 – 2 fps, I can usually have a successful save in my Whiterun home….that is…if I can make it to it before the game is kaput.
i just couldn't do that it would annoy me to much that and im scared for my PS3s HDD the thing is a good 5-6 years old now its a nice 80 gig FAT and has run flawlessly all its life no crashes no weird behavior no funny noises nothing i cant afford to be replacing it if its HDD goes due to corruption so i gave up with skyrim in the end and have gone to oblivion which im getting into properly this time around and am actually loving it despite it being quite a bit harder then skyrim when it comes to leveling and enemy difficulties mind from what iv been reading on uesp i need to be carefull too apparently theres a bug that makes curing vamparism impossible if you have the shivering iles expansion pack (oh yay) lol
but yea on skyrims failure its really bad out of all the time with my PS3 i can give full account of any problems iv had and that is

Skyrim crashes 50 times a good half of them resulting in a corrupt file message
Hunted the deamons forge crashes 3 times once at a place reported to crash hear on the bethesda forums once due to user made content (what is that?) and the other found it was due to the shop we got it pre owned from dont um look after the discs so it looked like a chocolate and grease cover 3 year old had had it cleaned it nothing after that
and Oblivion just the other day loaded a save file i created on an old copy of oblivion that didnt have shivering iles onto the 5th anniversary addition of the game my file had had bugs in it allready mostly with rendering body parts on people
oh and that little game install and save file poping out of nowhere
and that is it all occured after 11/11/11
Nikki Lawrence

Post » Tue May 22, 2012 7:35 am

i just couldn't do that it would annoy me to much that and im scared for my PS3s HDD the thing is a good 5-6 years old now its a nice 80 gig FAT and has run flawlessly all its life no crashes no weird behavior no funny noises nothing i cant afford to be replacing it if its HDD goes due to corruption so i gave up with skyrim in the end and have gone to oblivion which im getting into properly this time around and am actually loving it despite it being quite a bit harder then skyrim when it comes to leveling and enemy difficulties mind from what iv been reading on uesp i need to be carefull too apparently theres a bug that makes curing vamparism impossible if you have the shivering iles expansion pack (oh yay) lol
but yea on skyrims failure its really bad out of all the time with my PS3 i can give full account of any problems iv had and that is

Skyrim crashes 50 times a good half of them resulting in a corrupt file message
Hunted the deamons forge crashes 3 times once at a place reported to crash hear on the bethesda forums once due to user made content (what is that?) and the other found it was due to the shop we got it pre owned from dont um look after the discs so it looked like a chocolate and grease cover 3 year old had had it cleaned it nothing after that
and Oblivion just the other day loaded a save file i created on an old copy of oblivion that didnt have shivering iles onto the 5th anniversary addition of the game my file had had bugs in it allready mostly with rendering body parts on people
oh and that little game install and save file poping out of nowhere
and that is it all occured after 11/11/11

Off topic...but trying to make the best of a bad situation...Funny fact...on the same date in 1634 the Irish House of Commons passed "An Act for the Punishment for the Vice of Buggery." Where is our justice!?! We need to extradite some people to Ireland though the space time continuum to 1634.
Sabrina Steige

Post » Tue May 22, 2012 9:40 am

i actually want to ask you a question about your work around actually and i cant do it on that thread as it got locked but yea ill start from the beginning after skyrims constant crashes i reformatted the PS3 and reset it to factory settings (helped ish but crashes came back with a vengeance) after the reformat the only games to have gone onto my system were Fallout 3, Skyrim and the Darkness i never recovered the back up i made on an external drive back onto the PS3 well a couple of weeks after that after a particularly bad crash i did your work around booting into safe mode and followed it to the letter figured it wouldn't hurt boot the PS3 back up and i find the Darkness Game install has gone the saves are still there though but the weirdest thing is a game install and save file for Hunted the deamons forge appeared out of nowhere now i haven't played that game since the reformat it hasn't even been put into my playstation since that reformat nor have its saves i have still not played this game since so im not even sure the install and save file that appeared work are you able to shed some light onto how the hell that happened?

That does sound pretty strange. As for game installs disapearing I would say thats either something to do with Digital rights, though its the first I've heard of it; or hmmm have you ever done any backups prior to the one you used? It sounds to me like you used the wrong backup file. The PS3's backup function backs up everything including DRM protected media so the only reason I can come up with is that you had an older backup sitting in the same external drive as the new one (I'm assuming you made a new backup?)

But whats all this talk about reformatting. The work around I posted secifically points to which options to choose. There is no need to wipe anything and the creation of a backup is standard proceedure in case something catastrophically fails. Are you saying you did a reformat and backup and the system content was totally different than the backup you did?
Victoria Vasileva

Post » Tue May 22, 2012 8:47 am

That does sound pretty strange. As for game installs disapearing I would say thats either something to do with Digital rights, though its the first I've heard of it; or hmmm have you ever done any backups prior to the one you used? It sounds to me like you used the wrong backup file. The PS3's backup function backs up everything including DRM protected media so the only reason I can come up with is that you had an older backup sitting in the same external drive as the new one (I'm assuming you made a new backup?)

But whats all this talk about reformatting. The work around I posted secifically points to which options to choose. There is no need to wipe anything and the creation of a backup is standard proceedure in case something catastrophically fails. Are you saying you did a reformat and backup and the system content was totally different than the backup you did?

right i reformatted the PS3 a good week or so before you even posted your work around i reformatted cause after the umpteenth corruption warning from a crash thanks to skyrim i got worried and to be safe rather then sorry i reformatted as i was worried about OS software becoming corrupt which is a problem iv had issues in the past with windows PCs and through this found reseting to factory settings and reformats fix this issue
i did your work around a good few weeks after this reformat because skyrim still crashed and a few more of those crashes ended in corrupt data warnings and decided to do your work around instead of resetting to factory settings again seeing as the whole process took 12 hours last time and i wasn't willing to go through that if safe mode did it for me in shorter time without me looseing everything and i followed your work around to the letter too
as for back ups i never restored my back up after the PS3 was done and finished resetting itself to factory settings and booted up as though it was freash out of the box i unplugged my external hard drive and it hasn't been plugged in since i left the PS3 in a out of the box state due to me never having problems that was the first back up i had ever made the games that iv played on the PS3 since the restore were new games for me so all were done with fresh saves apart from skyrim which i pulled the saves off a pen drive a separate external device to the device that has my full system back up on syrim saves are on a 8GIG pen drive full system back up is on a 300 GIG WesturnDigital Exturnal HDD that is formatted into FAT 32 as it is just for the PS3

i will add to the end of this that even though this is weird behavior i am not massively concerned about it as i did your work around twice the second time i did it it was after i finally put skyrim down and refused to play it until it was fixed the playstation my reason for doing it again was so that any damage caused by a crash between the first time and then was fixed it has not done anything odd at all since and have only had one crash on oblivion and that is it (and in one of my previous posts i explained why i think that crash happened) and i know when i do play hunted the deamon forge again i will be deleting that save and install data as a precaution my back up is still happily sat on my exturnal for if i ever decide to restore that back up so i have not lost anything at all it would just be nice to know what the [censored] happened and why it pulled an install and game save that got wiped in a full reformat
Jenna Fields

Post » Tue May 22, 2012 1:29 am

right i reformatted the PS3 a good week or so before you even posted your work around i reformatted cause after the umpteenth corruption warning from a crash thanks to skyrim i got worried and to be safe rather then sorry i reformatted as i was worried about OS software becoming corrupt which is a problem iv had issues in the past with windows PCs and through this found reseting to factory settings and reformats fix this issue
i did your work around a good few weeks after this reformat because skyrim still crashed and a few more of those crashes ended in corrupt data warnings and decided to do your work around instead of resetting to factory settings again seeing as the whole process took 12 hours last time and i wasn't willing to go through that if safe mode did it for me in shorter time without me looseing everything and i followed your work around to the letter too
as for back ups i never restored my back up after the PS3 was done and finished resetting itself to factory settings and booted up as though it was freash out of the box i unplugged my external hard drive and it hasn't been plugged in since i left the PS3 in a out of the box state due to me never having problems that was the first back up i had ever made the games that iv played on the PS3 since the restore were new games for me so all were done with fresh saves apart from skyrim which i pulled the saves off a pen drive a separate external device to the device that has my full system back up on syrim saves are on a 8GIG pen drive full system back up is on a 300 GIG WesturnDigital Exturnal HDD that is formatted into FAT 32 as it is just for the PS3

Ok I get the bigger picture now. See this is why those people that misused caution just to throw off others getting Skyrim working really made me mad. Everyone listens to caution it only natural but those claiming that such work around as this could potentially and irrevocably damage your system really need to find a different outlet for thier problems. Ok firstly I would like to explain a coupla things
  • The PS3 is nothing like a PC and specifically designed to be foolproof. There is no chance that you can corrupt the OS.
  • The corruption Warning that you are experiencing is the normal diagnostic precaution the PS3 performs when even the smallest chance exists that data may be corrupted. Its basically paranoid for you.
  • The Work around only takes 15 or so minutes. It only takes hours if you do a backup, which you should do at least once a year. Just set it to backup from in the settings tab on the XMB just before you go to sleep.
As for why your install for Darkenss went missing I am at a loss, unless someone accidentally deleted it. That is strange. Why Hunted the Gathering came back I also don't know unless someone put it there. Are you the only one to use the PS3? Once you wipe the drive everything on it is gone for good that means there is no chance the PS3 can recover the data from anything that was on it before the format. The only way it could work would be that someone was playing it. You can check the date on the save file to be sure. If its recent or after the format routine then someone popped the disk in and played the game. If its before the format then you have a unique PS3 to be sure. Did the work aorund end up working out for you btw?
Stephanie Kemp

Post » Tue May 22, 2012 5:34 am

Ok I get the bigger picture now. See this is why those people that misused caution just to throw off others getting Skyrim working really made me mad. Everyone listens to caution it only natural but those claiming that such work around as this could potentially and irrevocably damage your system really need to find a different outlet for thier problems. Ok firstly I would like to explain a coupla things
  • The PS3 is nothing like a PC and specifically designed to be foolproof. There is no chance that you can corrupt the OS.
  • The corruption Warning that you are experiencing is the normal diagnostic precaution the PS3 performs when even the smallest chance exists that data may be corrupted. Its basically paranoid for you.
  • The Work around only takes 15 or so minutes. It only takes hours if you do a backup, which you should do at least once a year. Just set it to backup from in the settings tab on the XMB just before you go to sleep.
As for why your install for Darkenss went missing I am at a loss, unless someone accidentally deleted it. That is strange. Why Hunted the Gathering came back I also don't know unless someone put it there. Are you the only one to use the PS3? Once you wipe the drive everything on it is gone for good that means there is no chance the PS3 can recover the data from anything that was on it before the format. The only way it could work would be that someone was playing it. You can check the date on the save file to be sure. If its recent or after the format routine then someone popped the disk in and played the game. If its before the format then you have a unique PS3 to be sure. Did the work aorund end up working out for you btw?

ok then i never said the work around damaged the Playstation i do know that those functions are there to actually help the user as was said in manuals and online blogs mentioning the PS3 safe mode and the reasonings behind the options
now then:
1) i know the PS3 is nothing like a PC however fact remains both are computers both have the same damn basic stuff an OS, RAM, Graphics Cards etc etc so PC and computer based thoughts are actually quite logical in the case of a console so consoles can suffer corruption just as bad as any PC and nothing is fool proof my friend any one who thinks anything is fool proof is livings in a fools world, computer technology isn't an exception remember how it was claimed the titanic wasn't sinkable? or that in the future computers would be the size of buildings and thered only be 8 in the world? so im not gonna believe anyone when they say the PS3 is foolproof and is incorruptable
2) I know what that corruption warning is i think its a good warning to have as before the warning if skyrim was causing possible corrupt data like it does and has been proven with it corrupting its save files and we didn't know we wouldn't be getting rid of corrupt files and rebuilding the file system to make sure those corrupt files didn't mess with preformance as wed be none the wiser, paranoia isnt always a bad thing you know it is something we need in life in small doses.
3) i never said your work around takes hours either if you had read what i said i said i wasnt willing to sit through 12 hours again so tried your work around i was refering to the time it took to full back up and reformat and restore the PS3 to factory settings if you do it properly and as a full one instead of partial then it can take up to 14 hours
Darkness im not fussed about i can reinstall it its probably something to do with copyrights or something stupid like that seeing as i found out that danteas inferno and both Magic: the planes walkers games you couldnt copy saves onto anything other then Playstation + or the PS3 itself you cant copy them to pen drives *shrugs*
as for the Hunted i live with just my partner i dont work as no one wants to hire me (thank you british economy) so im always at home my partner works from 8:30 am till 5pm he has to leave at 7 and doesnt get back till 6 he only plays is xbox im the only one that plays on the PS3 and i sure as hell didnt put it there as for save file date is early December before i reformatted the PS3 and is an auto save not a hard save

as i said im not particularly bothered about this anomaly it doesn't worry me its just nice to know how it came about as well i cant explain how the PS3 has done something that it doesn't have the software to do you cant recover files from a formatted HDD unless you have some seriously good software and hardware i was just hopeing seeing as you came about the work around and seem to know so much about the PS3 technology you might have been able to shed some light on this rather odd behaviour
Skivs

Post » Tue May 22, 2012 11:22 am

So I load my save which is at The Winking Skeever. In the top left corner of my screen, the game informs me "This Lever is Stuck." Ahhhh....Love it.
OJY

Post » Mon May 21, 2012 9:22 pm

ok then i never said the work around damaged the Playstation i do know that those functions are there to actually help the user as was said in manuals and online blogs mentioning the PS3 safe mode and the reasonings behind the options
now then: ...

Ok, well it could be just a text thing but you come across as a bit angry by what I'd written previously which wasn't to belittle you or anyone else just space things out a bit. Hehe what you say in point 1. I understand your reasoning, but really, the PS3 is pretty safe in terms of what a user can do to it. If you don't do something uninformed, which most people like yourself, seem to fully arm themselves with info before doing anything. I can't imagine why, if you are 100% sure you or anyone else didn't use 'Hunted' that it would on there. Its as strange a thing as anything I've ever encountered with a PS3. As you have said the PS3 does not have the facilities to enact such a thing. Theres no OS in the sense of an extrapolated OS. Its just a plain ole everyday make all the parts work OS, with a coupla relivent tools on the side. So I am at a loss as to why that is on there. I will look into it for you though and see if I can give ya some piece of mind over the issue and of course, out of self interest.
GRAEME

Post » Tue May 22, 2012 3:49 am

So I load my save which is at The Winking Skeever. In the top left corner of my screen, the game informs me "This Lever is Stuck." Ahhhh....Love it.

Maybe that's whats been wrong with your game this whole time, you pulled a lever that's been stuck this whole time, and its been breaking your game ever since.

Has your save file size dropped 70 or 80 mb since you've seen this message?

lol, sorry.
matt oneil

PreviousNext

Return to V - Skyrim