90MB Save File - Play Time 419.10.17 - Level 56

Post » Tue May 22, 2012 12:42 am

Noting an inconsistency without actually thinking about what you are noting classifies as trolling in my book. This is something that people really just need to get over. Don't hurt your brain trying to figure it out, ponder it, or otherwise anolyze it (however I will break it down for you, just because I am that nice), it is not worth it. You are not the first person that noticed this, I was when I started reading up on save file sizes and many others have been gracious enough to point it out as well. I gave up on that line of inquiry at the 37MB mark (until now). There is something seriously wrong with my file. It is what it is. I figured posting every stat possible would help clear some of it up, but I guess it just muddied the waters. Let me solve some of the math for you. I mentioned that I have done the old Bethesda suggested work around of waiting and sleeping for 30 periods. As you would have noticed in my stats that I took hours writing up, as of the time of the post, I have waited and slept for a total of 14134 days. You found the file size odd, but not that? To sleep or wait 24 hours off of a fresh load of my save (not after it has started glitching)) takes 34 seconds. 14134 x 34 / 60 / 60 = 133 hours (real world) spent waiting and sleeping. Now, I don't just sit there with baited breath waiting for that 30 day cycle to complete, I do other things, like clean, eat, hit the restroom, read, etc. so there is extra time in there that we are not calculating. Anyway, there is 133 hours accounted for......

Some people really don't seem to think before they post do they? (not directed to you kunda)
Oyuki Manson Lavey

Post » Mon May 21, 2012 8:48 pm

I racked up most of my hours during a 30 day recovery period from shoulder surgery when all I was allowed to do was sit. Congrats to Bethesda on giving me something to do other than read or watch soap operas (really that is all that is on when you are supposed to be at work). Now...fix my game!

Raven wasn't directing that towards you, but rather to the guy with three characters that are over 250 hour which he stated added up to a true total of 35 whole days of playing out of the 72 that Skyrims been out.
Danger Mouse

Post » Tue May 22, 2012 5:03 am

Raven wasn't directing that towards you, but rather to the guy with three characters that are over 250 hour which he stated added up to a true total of 35 whole days of playing out of the 72 that Skyrims been out.

I know. I was gloating. Pain or no...30 days just to game and get paid...its great. LOL!
^~LIL B0NE5~^

Post » Mon May 21, 2012 10:49 pm

I know. I was gloating. Pain or no...30 days just to game and get paid...its great. LOL!

It's obvious YOU have a brain and a sense of humor...I should have guessed lol. That would be cool though.
Ruben Bernal

Post » Mon May 21, 2012 11:16 pm

Wow, I didn't know I was surrounded by lawyers. As if someone would benefit from faking the fact that their save file was 90MB. Well, a picture is worth a thousand words I guess, so, a video should be worth a couple million. Here it is: http://youtu.be/P3Smnm1HsaQ Enjoy.

Bethesda needs to see this.
NEGRO

Post » Tue May 22, 2012 1:24 am

I racked up most of my hours during a 30 day recovery period from shoulder surgery when all I was allowed to do was sit. Congrats to Bethesda on giving me something to do other than read or watch soap operas (really that is all that is on when you are supposed to be at work). Now...fix my game!

I'd love to, I really would but damn Bethesda has a closed source system and I haven't the time to spend reading assembly code XD But even on thirty days racking up that amount of hours o_O;

Ah but of course ^_^

No one ever directs stuff at me, except Frost Dragons when I'm wearing Fire Resistant armour -.-
Laura Wilson

Post » Tue May 22, 2012 7:07 am

Even if 1.4 fixes things and everyone is happy you really should keep pushing this save file till it dies, I wanna see 200mb. You have the potential to go down in save file history as a [censored] champion lol
SexyPimpAss

Post » Tue May 22, 2012 7:30 am

Some people really don't seem to think before they post do they? (not directed to you kunda)

Sincere apologies Kun and Observer. It was not my intention to sound like I was berating you. My curiosities just got the better of me, also I was bored at work and wanted to write. I appreciate the effort you went to to explain your events. If I was able to watch the video here at work I probably never would have typed anything.

I did actually understand what you explained though and now leave this topic satisfied.
Kim Kay

Post » Mon May 21, 2012 11:18 pm

Sincere apologies Kun and Observer. It was not my intention to sound like I was berating you. My curiosities just got the better of me, also I was bored at work and wanted to write. I appreciate the effort you went to to explain your events. If I was able to watch the video here at work I probably never would have typed anything.

I did actually understand what you explained though and now leave this topic satisfied.

No problem.
Chris Duncan

Post » Tue May 22, 2012 6:58 am

Sane people and those who know how to play in moderation! :smile:

sanitys over-rated and moderation is cutting out TV only working 2 days a week since I got skyrim on the http://psnprofiles.com/trophies/Skyrim/storm_myke
Tanika O'Connell

Post » Tue May 22, 2012 10:37 am

Documented all the reasons for your massive savegame http://www.gamesas.com/topic/1315127-reason-for-expanding-save-files-discovered/page__hl__reason%20for%20expanding%20saves%20discovered
Philip Rua

Post » Mon May 21, 2012 10:37 pm

Wow, I didn't know I was surrounded by lawyers. As if someone would benefit from faking the fact that their save file was 90MB. Well, a picture is worth a thousand words I guess, so, a video should be worth a couple million.

Here it is: http://youtu.be/P3Smnm1HsaQ

Enjoy.
great video. and i LOVED the crappy text-to-speech, btw. reminded me of playing portal and listening to that sarcastic robo-narrator..

its actually kind of sad to look around and see the most significant information here has all come from the community.
Jesus Duran

Post » Mon May 21, 2012 8:50 pm

Documented all the reasons for your massive savegame http://www.gamesas.com/topic/1315127-reason-for-expanding-save-files-discovered/page__hl__reason%20for%20expanding%20saves%20discovered

Yeah, I read that a while back. Very informative.
Kayla Bee

Post » Tue May 22, 2012 12:05 pm

its actually kind of sad to look around and see the most significant information here has all come from the community.

Yours on NUMA/UMA was great. I had to cite it in my previous thread.
Anthony Diaz

Post » Tue May 22, 2012 9:07 am

@kudalini_81
I watched the video. After reading your OP though, I wasn't sure which was the larger you were referring to, the OP or save file (j/k). Why use that zooming perk in archery? its annoying and why use Windows voice Synthesizer? its just suspect.
I saw the proof that your save file was 90mb, got that part. What I don't get is why you would let it get that far. First coupla bugs most people would know that its time to drop it or do you like pushing a bad situation. I know what you are going through from previous experience and I also know that your save would be unplayable long before it hit the 90mb mark, which is why you chose to display this using a dragon fight and not say, a quest? This just boggles the mind...Doesn't matter if your save is 8mb or 900mb, once its busted its busted.
ladyflames

Post » Mon May 21, 2012 9:04 pm

@kudalini_81
I watched the video. After reading your OP though, I wasn't sure which was the larger you were referring to, the OP or save file (j/k). Why use that zooming perk in archery? its annoying

Don't really see the point of that in context to the thread, but, I like it when it works.

and why use Windows voice Synthesizer? its just suspect.

Yes, suspect...or funnier than just listening to a dude. It is certainly better than just text...since some people can't seem to read.

I saw the proof that your save file was 90mb, got that part. What I don't get is why you would let it get that far. First coupla bugs most people would know that its time to drop it or do you like pushing a bad situation.

If you had read any of my previous posts you would know that it is the latter. I want to see how far it will go.

I know what you are going through from previous experience and I also know that your save would be unplayable long before it hit the 90mb mark, which is why you chose to display this using a dragon fight and not say, a quest?

Obviously a troll. Ok. Yeah...it is almost unplayable. It took me 13 attempts to get Nettlebane this evening without a crash. Why a dragon? Well, let’s consider my previous post and apply some logic here (though I would agree that it is a bit illogical for a person to push a glitched game this far) 72% of that video was loading screens. Would you like to sit though two hours of video to see a single quest? Really, that was enough AV production for me.

This just boggles the mind...Doesn't matter if your save is 8mb or 900mb, once its busted its busted.

True, but I really want it so busted that it doesn't load at all. Who knows maybe I have all the glitches in it. Who knows, maybe Bethesda will actually get something out of the file that will be of use. They took both my 37MB and my 90MB file. Personally, I just want to see a cascade failure involving Skyrim and my PS3.

In other news...save file just reached 92MB. I doubt it will go much further…so much for the 100MB goal.
des lynam

Post » Tue May 22, 2012 2:53 am

Whatever floats your boat I guess. Where you say I am trolling, I am not. I'm begining to support my argument based on the fact that I find your motives suspicious. Now that I see this is a game for you. Then fine. Glad you are enjoying yourself playing Skyrim :smile:
sam westover

Post » Tue May 22, 2012 7:45 am

I don't know if this was brought up before, but do you and your wife have the same type of PS3 system? Do you both have SSDs?

Sorry Observer, forgot to answer this. When we started out I was on an old fat system and her on a slim system. Both had regular HDDs at that point. Somewhere abouts the 37MB+ mark, she got me the new slim PS3 for Christmas and I threw the SSD into it as soon as I got it out of the box.
Natasha Callaghan

Post » Tue May 22, 2012 2:49 am

Kundalini, I too must be considered suspect because I hit 410 hours and am only level 50. Almost 51. Players who favor ranged/sneak take longer. I slowly seak, use Aura Whisper, & eliminate all foes @ distance. I do have 3 skills @ 100--archery, sneak, conjugation. My lock pick & destruction are in the 90's.

Anyway, I just got the platinum tonight, yay! So I probably won't be monitoring this forum as much anymore. Good luck on hitting 100 mgs. I'm still chuckling over your recitation of pi. Brilliant.
Darlene Delk

Post » Tue May 22, 2012 10:32 am

Something doesn't make sense here. My game has 425 hours at level 55 (Just about done the game) and my save size is 14MB. And the lag is terrible now. I don't see how the game would run with a file that big when everyone else can barely play with files between 10 - 15 MB.
Your game has to be displaying your file size incorrectly or something. There's just no way it would run with a file that big IMO. Very weird.
Emma Louise Adams

Post » Tue May 22, 2012 4:08 am

Something doesn't make sense here. My game has 425 hours at level 55 (Just about done the game) and my save size is 14MB. And the lag is terrible now. I don't see how the game would run with a file that big when everyone else can barely play with files between 10 - 15 MB.
Your game has to be displaying your file size incorrectly or something. There's just no way it would run with a file that big IMO. Very weird.

The file size as lead to believe from earlier posts is actually 90mb thus not an incorrect display. However it is certainly possible to get that far with perseverance and a blatant disregard for sanity.
Jhenna lee Lizama

Post » Tue May 22, 2012 12:47 am

I dont think so. I think the save file size is only one indicator of problems with the game.

I have myself, and seen others, who experience problems with much smaller files. So while having a large save file might be part of the problem I think its only indicative of the fact people have been playing a character for a long time.
Jessica White

Post » Tue May 22, 2012 12:35 am

Me, lvl 50, 13 mb save file and become unplayable. ( brand new PS3 160 gig slim)
My brother lvl 49 save file 10 mb and become unplayable. (old PS3 40 gig FAT)

We both have only Skyrim installed, and everything that could be uninstalled on te PS3 we did uninstall.
Network/networkcard completly off.

all autosave off
and we use the "wait" option verry often, inside at the start on every quest we wait 2 days and save, also at the end before going out.
Also in every store when in and before going out.

In between we waited 3x 30 days.
Game keeps randomly freezing, and starts lagging after 8 hours continuesly gaming in the beginning, to 15 minutes at the end now.

We should be allowed and it should be possible to gain a lvl 81 character, but that is impossible, so the PS3 version of this game is broke.
I started console gaming to get rid of this "patching" stuff that is normal for pc users due to the diversity of the systems.

On a console this is rediculous, especially after 5 years of developing a game.

I dont know how you get such a large file but its verry impressive, but i still wonder why bethesda gets away with selling a broken version of this game for the PS3
But i also wonder why Sony gets along with it, im thinking of buying a XBOX now and never buy another bethesda game.
DarkGypsy

Post » Mon May 21, 2012 9:04 pm

The file size as lead to believe from earlier posts is actually 90mb thus not an incorrect display. However it is certainly possible to get that far with perseverance and a blatant disregard for sanity.
I dont think so. I think the save file size is only one indicator of problems with the game.

I have myself, and seen others, who experience problems with much smaller files. So while having a large save file might be part of the problem I think its only indicative of the fact people have been playing a character for a long time.

Yeah, This guy must have bigtime patience. I can only imagine how bad the lag must be.
Laura Cartwright

Post » Tue May 22, 2012 3:10 am

Kundalini, I too must be considered suspect because I hit 410 hours and am only level 50. Almost 51. Players who favor ranged/sneak take longer. I slowly seak, use Aura Whisper, & eliminate all foes @ distance. I do have 3 skills @ 100--archery, sneak, conjugation. My lock pick & destruction are in the 90's.

Anyway, I just got the platinum tonight, yay! So I probably won't be monitoring this forum as much anymore. Good luck on hitting 100 mgs. I'm still chuckling over your recitation of pi. Brilliant.

I favour ranged/sneak and I find that combo seriously OP> My char is lvl 81 my save is 11mb, Difficulty is set just short of max. Mind you I spent alot of time just wandering the wilderness sourcing reagents. I've done the Companions, Mages faction, Theaves faction (almost) and started the Blades Faction. Enchanting, Smithing (Light), Alchemy were my first skillset. Basically I wanted to make a self sufficient Ranger. Archery is my main, One handed and Light Armour. With some heavy armour perks to help with weight when/if I get into any major battles. I had my basic Ranger build complete before I reported to the Jarl at whiterun and onwards from there. Course this is the 4th time I have started this due to bugs and having learnt what not to do til they fixed it. What enables me to play is the methode linked in my sig and then making sure I spend some time doing jobs in each faction, not crossing into too many factions at once and making sure I qualify quests. Which means some backtracking beause; say for instance whilst doing the Mages faction? I stumbled upon Shalidors quests, after looking into it I realised it was magically based so I reloaded my save I make at the start of any new quest as if I never started it and so far all this is enabling me to play. Lag only creeps in every 6-7 hrs of play, its not much. So I save, exit to the main menu and then restart the PS3 and reload when that happens.
Alexandra walker

PreviousNext

Return to V - Skyrim