A Different Land part 2

Post » Tue Aug 25, 2009 9:55 pm

Aiden would simply sit in waiting, firing at over-sized furry creatures that most would probably consider to be "cute", when he simply found them annoying and good for target practice. "This job has taken up too much of my time to go home empty handed... No tellin' whose gonna pay the price if I don't come out a rich man.", he'd say out loud to himself.
Adam Porter

Post » Wed Aug 26, 2009 12:28 am

Before Starr exited Roy's room with the group, Roy grabbed her arm.

"I have a proposition for you," he whispered in her ear, "Get me that GECK, and I'll give you more power than you've ever had."

Starr nodded, "I'll think about it."

She was torn between being payed, joining the Enclave, and now possibly being some sort of power in Orlando.

"Two more things," he said.

To Starr's surprise he kissed her, then while doing that he snapped something on her wrist.

"What are you doing?" she said.

"Just giving myself some insurance, that bracelet will let me track you, and if you leave Florida with that GECK, well... somebody will have to give you a hand," he said with a smirk.

She looked at it, it was a small, thin, black bracelet. She slid the sleeve of her shirt over it.

"What's the matter with you? You can't force me to do this, I'll disarm it," she said letting some fear trickle into her speech.

"You won't be disarming this one, its got a trigger that will go off if you tamper with it, sorry Starr."

Starr looked at him with hat filled eyes. She knew he was doing what was necessary for his city, but it wasn't fair for Starr.

She made her way to the door, taking one look back at Roy. He wasn't much taller than Starr, but he was quite a bit darker, and more muscular. He was quite handsome, but she hated him now. She slammed the door and walked to her coworkers.

"Oh, the zombie made it, where have you been?"
Chenae Butler

Post » Wed Aug 26, 2009 6:54 am

"Oh I've been fine.." Nathan replied tersely, if he still had them one of his eyebrows would be twitching
"My name is Nathan, could you use that instead?" Nathan took note of the blacked out insignia "Unless of course you would like me to respond by calling you Talon Merc."
Laura Tempel

Post » Wed Aug 26, 2009 4:11 am

Demetri wondered why Starr had to slam the door on the way out, turning to Nathan, "We best bring you up to speed," Demetri said, explain what was going on, how the people here wanted the G.E.C.K, and the vault-tec HQ was in the eastern part, overrun with giant spiders. "Well that sums it up, I'm not completely sure if we can trust him, he is in a very high posistion of power," Demetri pointed out, "And these men he is sending with us, are they to help or watch?"

A young women came into the room, "Roy would like me to take you to the common room upstairs," she said, "You will find your gear there as well as rooms for you to rest for the trip into the eastern sector tomorrow. Demetri nodded, "Suppose we can talk more there then, come on." Following the servent up to the room, they saw it was very large, a bookshelf with dozens of books was on one side, an old grammerphone placed on a table next to an old sofa with a few chairs for them to sit all, there was a cabinet which had alcohol and clean water stocked in it, all in all the room was very well furnished. "This man lives in relative comfort doesn't he..."
Sasha Brown

Post » Wed Aug 26, 2009 4:17 am

"And the dragon counts its gold." Nathan responded "whatever this man has for power we'd best find out its measure soon" Nathan considered asking this man his name as if he had heard it before Nathan did not remember it but reconsidered and just went on with life he was Ok with calling this man Mr.Raoos in his head
"Seems that we can't take two steps without someone new trying for this GECK thing."
Mariana

Post » Wed Aug 26, 2009 10:53 am

"Seems so," Demetri agreed, "The question is, what do we do? Finish our job or help these people." Demetri walked over to a large window and looked out into the night sky, no stars or moon out, just a blanket of darkness. "His power seems to be quite strong, he has said that all tribes, even though they run themselves, they are ultimatly under his leadership."
ANaIs GRelot

Post » Wed Aug 26, 2009 2:35 am

"I can say that these people are not our problem, I intend to get paid somehow." Nathan stated tiredly "I will not get dragged to some forsaken jungle to get eaten by dog sized spiders and not even get some caps out of it."
"I did get a look at these peoples weapons and I noticed one thing, all of them are in terrible shape these buildings seem to be a singular occurrence even if they are well repaired these peoples weapons and gear is not for the most part."
"All I say is we get this GECK thing first then we sort out this stuff" Nathan then added on "Well if we don't die by Lead or giant bug attack before hand that is."
Vickey Martinez

Post » Tue Aug 25, 2009 11:44 pm

"Well they've survived this long," Demetri said, "And there can't be many places like this in the world." Demetri went over and grabbed a glass from a cabinet and some whiskey, pouring himself some he sat down on the sofa. "Well we can't leave it at the last minute, we still have problem that he is sending some of his men with us, and Duran who will be leading them has experiance," Demetri pointed out, "No matter how poor their equipment is are, they still have experiance, and that matters."
Stephanie Valentine

Post » Tue Aug 25, 2009 9:38 pm

Nathan just looked at the man and held back a snort "Your a bleeding heart you know that?" "If these people have survived for this long then we will more then likely die regardless of what we do here, there are multiple factions and even if people manage to get out of this alive whats not to say that the mysterious employer we had in the first place does not put contracts on out head after? "the weak are devoured by the strong if these people are deserving of what they hold then they will defend it."
"you say that we need more information yet this man seems to hold all the keys here, we need to find a contact to our old employer or a link to those enclave spooks someone who might have an idea of what the hell this Roy persons reach is."
"The people that are coming with us will know the land so if were going to have any advantage against them we are going to need to wait until they are in a new environment if neither know the condition of the land they fight on the footing is equal"
"I doubt speaking about the how and where would be wise here though that can be decided later."
Danial Zachery

Post » Tue Aug 25, 2009 11:56 pm

"Yet thinking about this will help us in the long run," Demetri argued, "We can't just let this lie otherwise it may come back and shoot us in the foot... Then tear it off and make us eat it knowing the place." Demetri downed the whiskey in the glass, "And getting contacts, other then the wasteland we have had no contact from our employeer and be friendly to those enclave bastards? Don't trust them"
Ashley Campos

Post » Wed Aug 26, 2009 1:56 am

They hd finally reached the chopper. "Okay, let go check out this Vault." Jacob smiled knowing that once they got it, that there would probably be a fight between the two of them, and someone would die. And Jacob wasn't planning on dying.
SamanthaLove

Post » Wed Aug 26, 2009 7:17 am

OOC: garrr.... sleeppy going away now likely not back on for another 9-11 hours

"I would usually agree with you on the Enclave but right now I doubt that they are in any better position we are, they seem to be our only shot at outside assistance, unless you would like to bargain with the Talon company."
Nathan paused scrutinized the wall then continued "and I was more mentioning the fact that we're in a tower filled with pre-war tech that could easily be monitored and discussing details would enlighten our "allies" to counter measures."
"Ether way we need to get these people off balance to take them without an ambush and those would be difficult seeing as no one in our group knows much about the forest or how to hide effectively in it."
"I've not heard a thing from outside so whatever Roy's game is he seems to have found a way to deter the creatures of the forest from his tower."
John Moore

Post » Wed Aug 26, 2009 11:18 am

"Fire is a pretty good deterrent, he probably scorches most of the nearby jungle," Starr replied.

Starr grabbed a bottle of water and sat down on one of the chairs. She was getting annoyed with the skirt she was wearing, she couldn't sit normally. She took her shoes off and pulled her feet onto the overstuffed she was sitting in. Starr looked out the window.

Her mouth dropped. She had never seen the ocean before, it was beautiful, though irradiated, especially from way up in the tower. She left her chair and went to the window to stare at it.
helliehexx

Post » Wed Aug 26, 2009 12:58 am

"Fire and guns," Demetri said, "Those jumpers as they call them are over running the eastern side, the jungle may of spread into that area." Demetri poured himself another whiskey, "Thats a concern as well, if these jumpers are so dangerous, how comes he is sending some of his best men with us?" Demetri said, "Is it really worth the risk for him?"
Nikki Lawrence

Post » Wed Aug 26, 2009 4:55 am

"He must want that GECK pretty bad."

Starr took a sip of the water, it tasted better than any water she had had before, she quickly took a few more swigs. Florida was starting to grow on her.

"I think the better question is how much is it worth to him?" Starr said.
Pawel Platek

Post » Wed Aug 26, 2009 10:08 am

Demetri thought for the moment, "We could question him on it," Demetri said, "Though our employeer is paying us handsomely." Demetri again downed his whiskey, then pured another, the bottle wasn't go to last long at this rate, and he will most likely have a killer hangover in the morning, but Demetri decided not to care. "Though the thought of betraying our original contract is appeasing, considering how much he is willing to pay, what makes you think he wouldn't hire assassins?"
Alexandra walker

Post » Wed Aug 26, 2009 11:57 am

Starr thought about it, drank some water, and said, "Its possible. I think I'm going to go check out the rest of the town."

Starr then left the group in the room and went to think about some things.
Justin Bywater

Post » Tue Aug 25, 2009 9:19 pm

Mark tasted the water and found that it didn't taste all that great. He said, "Guess not even a GECK can change the taste of Florida water, though it tastes better than most water." He looked outside and saw the ocean, beautiful though it had a slight radioactive green shade once it got further offshore. Mark then thought about what the Enclave soldier had said about their mysterious employer and thought, "I thought this would be a simple job, get the GECK, catalouge creatures, and get paid, but its turned far more complicated then that. I'm not even sure what to do anymore."
Eric Hayes

Post » Wed Aug 26, 2009 11:33 am

Tom coughed once again and he heard a near silent sound of skittering. He knew that sound from the scorpians back in the Capital Wasteland. He reached under the desk and pulled out the assualt rifle he had found, cocking it and turning his chair toward the passage the sound was coming from. He waited as the sound grew louder and louder. "Comeon!" yelled Tom as the shadow of the Jumper appeared in the passage way. He started firing in short bursts, maintaining the accuracy of the weapon, the rounds slamming into the giant spider. It jumped straight toward Tom, and with a short gasp he pushed the chair backwards, landing on his back with shock that normally wouldn't have affected him all that much jarring his ribs. The spider flew past him and impacted with a wall, sliding down it and shaking itself and turning just in time for Tom to unload the rest of the clip into it's face. The thing screamed as it died, it's voice seeming to echoe ominously down the passages. Tom sighed and stood, reloading his weapon and walking to a ham radio. He sat down, setting his weapon down next to him. "My name is Tom Miller," he began "At this point, I really don't care who hears this. I've been traveling with a group from the Capital Wasteland all the way here. We've been seperated, and I'm injured. If any of you guys are out there, I'm in the Vault-Tec Headquarters. If someone else hear's this and wants to try me, I'll be here. Might not be worth it though," he said, hearing more of that skittering "Jumpers'll probably get me before anyone of you even get here." At this he stood up and grabbed his weapon, injecting himself with a stimpack and waiting for the spiders to come at him.
Amber Hubbard

Post » Wed Aug 26, 2009 8:19 am

Mark was walking to his room when he heard Tom's message and said, "So much for resting." He then started cleaning his weapons in anticipation for the fight to Vault-Tec HQ.
Hussnein Amin

Post » Tue Aug 25, 2009 11:34 pm

"The first casualty in war is the plan," Demetri said remembering a quote from a book he read years ago, "So never expect what you plan to be what it is when you finish." Demetri leant forward and took his jacket off from his suit and threw it across the table infront of him, "Though atleast the problems are laid out before us, and we can pick how to handle them before they come."

Upon hearing the message over the radio in the room, "That was unexpected..." Demetri said grabbing his gear. He grabbed it and changed in one of the rooms, "Be back soon, need to find Starr she seems to of left," Demetri said whilst leaving the common room, he came across one of the guards, "Can you tell Duran and Roy that we are leaving earlier then anticipated and if they want to come, we are leaving now," Demetri told him, not giving the reason why, he soon ran into a servent on the next floor down, "Have you seen Starr?" Demetri asked, "Ofcourse you wouldn't know you don't no Starr, about 5"5, should be earing a suit with a skirt."
"Ah yes sir, she left the building earlier I believe," She replied
"Ah sod it, Sorry about that, thanks for the help." Demetri went into a nearby lift and took it down to the the ground floor and left the building out the main doors.
Jennie Skeletons

Post » Wed Aug 26, 2009 5:38 am

Mark told Roy and Duran along with the guard, "One of our fellow mercs is now holed up in the Vault-Tec HQ surrounded by jumpers and needs our help. You can come with us if you want, but we're not leaving him behind to get his insides svcked out, so we're leaving with or without you." He then left to go change into his gear and met Dimitry outsode before waiting for their answer.
OJY

Post » Wed Aug 26, 2009 5:10 am

Starr was browsing some shops, looking at all the different things that were sold in Flordia. She'd bartered for a few items like, a shot of adrenaline, more explosives material, and some food. She started heading off back to the tower to get ready to leave.

I can't believe what I've got myself into, this is crazy.

She looked at the explosive bracelet Roy had snapped on her wrist, she barely noticed it was on her.

Maybe I can get Roy to show me how to make one of these.
Chloé

Post » Wed Aug 26, 2009 1:48 am

Mark saw Starr walking towards the tower, ran over, and told her about the radio message efore starting to get antsy.
Talitha Kukk

Post » Wed Aug 26, 2009 7:30 am

Demetri had asked one of the locals where their trading Hub was, more then anything she would most likely be there. He jogged over to the area to get himself there faster, there were quite a few people around for this time of night. A man had tried to sell Demetri some buffout, which Demetri refused and carried on with his search.

Through the crowds he saw Starr, going over to her, fairly quickly, not many stood infront of Demetri because of him towering over them, he noticed she wasn't all there, she hadn't noticed he had come up behind her, placing his hand on her shoulder startling her. "You alright?" Demetri asked, "You don't quite seem with it."
Terry

PreviousNext

Return to Fallout Series Discussion