A Different Land part 2

Post » Wed Aug 26, 2009 12:05 pm

Jacob frowned as he stepped infront of the merc. Jacob began to devise a plan as he walked down the road.
barbara belmonte

Post » Tue Aug 25, 2009 10:04 pm

((Recon prefer if you didn't I've seen sometimes other characters come in and their orignal character get left behind when I did this sort of thing on the WoW forums when I used to play.))

Demetri took a bite out of the meat and found it to be quite strong, seeing Starr coming back, "Everything Clear?" He asked, after a nod from Starr, "Ever get the feeling we just made the biggest mistakes of our lives?" He asked jokingly, then turning more serous, "The ghoul and the enclave soldier have both disappeared and we have that "thing"."
Roisan Sweeney

Post » Tue Aug 25, 2009 9:49 pm

After coming to an acceptable clearing with two trees positioned just right, Aiden stopped and told Jacob to do the same. "Now, hang some branches and other foliage on both trees. The fools in the main group shouldn't be able to see the fire light through it." While Jacob would do this, Aiden began gathering relatively dry logs and placing them in classic scout pyramid fashion, lighting a fire in the center and removing some old paper scraps from his travel pouch for kindling.

Aiden was no fool, however. Then entire time he was setting the campsite up, he had his .45 in the other hand, ready to put a tangerine sized whole in Jacob's head if he made any foreign moves.
Steeeph

Post » Wed Aug 26, 2009 6:39 am

Starr made it back to the camp. She walked up to Demetri and said, "Perimeter secured, sir."

Did I really just call him "sir", she thought to herself.

She turned around slightly embarrassed and picked up some of the venison. It tasted better than most of the food she'd had from the wasteland.
Ricky Meehan

Post » Wed Aug 26, 2009 11:33 am

Mark said, "I knew our employer was hiding stuff from us. On the other and, this thing sure is friendly." He picked the woodlouse up, the terrestial crustacean suprisingly docile compared to most of the things Mark had seen today.
Juliet

Post » Wed Aug 26, 2009 7:49 am

Aiden would reach into his travel pack once again and pull out a tin of Cram, along with his serrated combat knife. He'd then begin scooping large amounts of the red, squishy meat and try to "cram" it down his throat. The stuff was repulsive, but it was a decent MRE for missions where food could be scarce.
Svenja Hedrich

Post » Tue Aug 25, 2009 11:07 pm

"Well one of the few things that hasn't tried to kill us," Demetri said, at been slightly distracted by being called sir, no one had said that to him in years. "Well I'm sure you two are here to make some caps like I am." Demetri said, "I was hopeing to retire, though don't think it will be a quiet one."
Jacob Phillips

Post » Tue Aug 25, 2009 9:24 pm

"How long do you think it will take to get to Orlando?" Starr asked.

She took another bite of venison, the taste growing on her, she finished the rest rather quickly. Then she began cleaning her gun.
Project

Post » Wed Aug 26, 2009 6:20 am

((okay, thats fine :thumbsup:))

Jacob did what Aiden wanted. He then said, "Well, I'm going to sleep, we taking shifts or what?"
Crystal Birch

Post » Wed Aug 26, 2009 4:34 am

Demetri shrugged, "Well if we press hard tomorrow," Demetri grabbed the map he was give and made a rough estimate of where they were, "Tomorrow evening if we leave at dawn." Demetri finished his meat and looked up at the stars. "Considering the things we've run into, this place has beauty," Demetri said, "No other place like."
Sylvia Luciani

Post » Wed Aug 26, 2009 12:23 pm

Aiden turned to Jacob and said this in a rather "no bull****" tone: "I don't sleep on ops. Especially not when I'm so close to completing the main objective."

Finishing his tin of Cram, Aiden would grab a bottle of purified water and turn his attention to Jacob once again, his left hand still gripping the .45 but resting on his left knee. "So what's your story eh? Decide to become a merc because your inherently greedy and self-centered like most? Or are you ex-military and couldn't exactly "fit in" with civilian life...?"

Aiden said the last remark in a slightly more serious tone, as he knew that's why he personally joined the Talon crooks.
Love iz not

Post » Wed Aug 26, 2009 8:28 am

Mark let the woodlouse go, and it scurried off into the darkness. He then said, "Good estimate. Let's just hope the city is inhabited somewhat by someone friendly." He then saw what looked like a face on a tree but when he got closer revealed itself to be a giant moth. Mark was so suprised that he landed on the ground right on his butt. After getting up he sat on a log and started cleaning his weapons while looking at the sky and saying, "Yeah, I agree." He then heard the sounds of various creatures in the darkness, and was glad that they had a fire keeping them at bay.
Kelli Wolfe

Post » Tue Aug 25, 2009 8:26 pm

Starr looked around at the jungle scenery and agreed with the other two. She'd never seen anything like it.

"Its nice, except when you're being attacked from almost every creature you see," she said jokingly.

She finished cleaning her gun and set it down near her feet. Then she sat by the fire feeling its warmth, she noticed how hot Florida was, she was almost sweating.

"How's your arm Demetri?" she questioned while pointing to his bandages.
Saul C

Post » Wed Aug 26, 2009 4:57 am

Jacob smiled and said "Yeah, pretty much." Jacob laughed and said "Well why did you become a merc.?" Jacob knew how close he was to the building that had the GECK in it. He wanted to just knock the guy out and continue onwards.

((I'm having writers block :flame: ))
Big mike

Post » Wed Aug 26, 2009 4:18 am

"I think the Med-X is starting to wear off," Demetri said, "though movement is fine at the moment." Demetri took a quick look at the bandage and could see some blood and shown through, "Could of been worse I suppose." Demetri looked up at the night sky the stars shining and the moon glowing. "We best get some rest," Demetri said, "Mark, think you can do first watch, wake me in an hour then Starr it's your turn."

((Well I'm off to bed now, 1:30 AM here))
willow

Post » Wed Aug 26, 2009 6:30 am

Aiden considered lying to Jacob before shaking the thought off. He was about to become an incredibly rich man, what the hell did he care about ancient Brotherhood protocol?

"I used to be a member of the Brotherhood of Steel, not that they'd ever acknowledge me as one of them. I was a member of their special operations force thanks to my ability to not get attached to people... The splinter faction was called "Tempered Steel", and there were 3 other boys that were entered into the program for training."

Aiden would pause for a moment before continuing, thinking back to his old team and the great times they had on suicide missions for "the good of the Wasteland".

"Anyway, at some point the Brotherhood figured sending in a group of highly trained and organized 16 year olds to slaughter large groups of people, or so-called enemies of the BoS, was immoral and they disbanded the group. After that I tried to live a normal life for a while... Couldn't do it. Long story slightly less long, I joined Talon Co. out of necessity. I need the caps, and I need the combat."
Daramis McGee

Post » Tue Aug 25, 2009 10:30 pm

"You ever try join the BoS Outcasts?" Jacob asked wondering how long Aiden could stay awake. The bushes moved beside them, and Jacob drew his gun, but a small creature ran out of the bushes and away from the two mercs.
Katie Pollard

Post » Wed Aug 26, 2009 8:58 am

Aiden would also instinctively level his weapon at the moving bushes, smiling slightly after seeing it was a harmless woodland creature.

"No, I didn't try to join that band of whiners. They reserve spots for ex-members of the Brotherhood who hold a grudge toward their previous commanders, I hold no such grudge. Thanks to their training I've survived this long on my own... Seems like a deep betrayal to turn that training against them.

"Not to mention I carried out Black Ops for the BoS, so I had no record of ever serving with them. Even if I tried to join those Outcast losers, they'd figure me a wannabe."
Campbell

Post » Wed Aug 26, 2009 8:12 am

Mark said, "Alright." Mark pressed his back against a tree and had his arms crossed. He heard sounds in the darkness, but they were too far away to be a major threat.
Laura Wilson

Post » Wed Aug 26, 2009 8:11 am

OOC I haven't left yet

Henry's vertibird was on fire and there was nothing they could do, the slugs had taken out the engines and now they were on a collision course for: Orlando, Florida. The pilot tried to control the descent and they almost made it out without a scratch. The vertibird's rotors ran into part of a nearby building. It shredded it and and ruined any chances of escape. Henry had everyone pile out and unload the mobile defense structures. They were carts that could deploy into walls and cover and were mainly used to establish outposts. Henry looked around and saw that everything was mostly decaying but for the most part untouched by the nukes. Henry ordered everyone (15 enclave troopers) to fortify the nearby area and Henry looked up and saw the building that would be his command center. There was a sign with most of its letters gone but it was unmistakable V ult-T c Vault-Tec! Henry was about to enter, when he heard the rumbling of many footsteps, 200 yards away were a mass of tribals advancing cautiously. Henry spent the rest of the day setting up defenses for the siege, it didn't matter that he a had the possible location of the GECK. If they all died it would be useless, Henry decided to wait out the storm and hold out until the rest of the party would eventually find him.
lydia nekongo

Post » Wed Aug 26, 2009 12:34 pm

OOC: I'll be gone for most of the day tomorrow, Blackmane can control my character till I get back.

Demetri woke Starr, who hadn't been sleeping to well, and told her it was her shift. Quietly she got up and started pacing around the camp. Looking for whatever threat there could be.

Almost an hour passed when she heard light foot steps. They started coming closer, Starr readied her M4.

"Drop the gun," the low voice came from behind her. She wasn't stupid, she did as she was told, "You'll be coming with us now, all of you."

She turned to look back at the man, he was taller than her and was quite tan. He wasn't wearing much for armor, but he was holding a shotgun. Turning back around she saw the rest of the militia come out of the bushes.

"Roy wants to see you guys," the man said to her.

"Who's Roy?" questioned Starr.

"Gang leader, he controls Orlando, lives in that sky scraqer in the distance. Start moving."

The other had been awoken and they made their way towards Orlando. Surprisingly, from what Starr could see, most of Orlando hadn't been hit with much bombs. Two sky scraqers were still intact, and most buildings looked as if they weren't in the state of disrepair that was so common in the Wasteland.
Chris Duncan

Post » Tue Aug 25, 2009 11:59 pm

OOC my last post till monday

Day 1

Tribals seem to be afraid of fire, they aren't getting too close yet

Day 2

Got into a fight today, 46 tribals dead 0 Enclave troops dead. They are very angry and will continue to report on signs of aggression

note: The tribals only seem to control part of Orlando, guys with guns watching from afar
Shannon Lockwood

Post » Wed Aug 26, 2009 7:25 am

Demetri woke to find a group of men had come to their camp, going for his pistol their leader noticed, "No need for that, come follow us," he said. Demetri gathered his equipment and woke Mark, "seems we are leaving, and they want to take us to somewhere," Demetri said.

In about ten minutes the group was packed and follow these men, "So who are you?" Demetri asked.
"We are the Silent Hunters gang," he replied, "We have hold of most of Orlando."
"Most? I assume that means you have a rival?"
"No... About a quarter of the city is overrun by jumpers."
"What are jumpers?"
"I'm sure you've ran into the trapdoors already, the jumpers are spiders which can launch themselves some distance, get one chasing after you, well don't expect to see the next day." The man gave a crude laugh. "Hurry now, question time is over, we must hurry."
xx_Jess_xx

Post » Tue Aug 25, 2009 8:51 pm

Jacob couldn't wait any longer. He stood up. "I'm going on ahead you can come or not." Jacob left the camp site, and left Aiden there. He walked down the street, he saw the sign getting bigger. He smiled. He only had a while till he reached the building, he turned around to see if Aiden was following.
Umpyre Records

Post » Wed Aug 26, 2009 5:16 am

After being woken up by Dimitri, Mark was now following a gang as they were walking towards Orlando. Mark heard noises in the vegetation and pulled out his Plasma Rifle. Suddenly, a green lizard came out of the bushes and snarled at the group. Mark identified the creature as a mutated anole, an assumption proven when it used its throat patch or dewlap, once used for territorial disputes, to signal to more of its kind, with started to surround the group. As everyone pulled out their weapons Mark said, "Great, now they're deadlier, semi-sentient, and I wouldn't be suprised if they can still blend in by changing their skin color." At that moment the lizards attacked.
Eilidh Brian

PreviousNext

Return to Fallout Series Discussion