A Different Land part 2

Post » Wed Aug 26, 2009 1:52 am

((Well new thread))

Demetri whirled up his minigun, not yet firing. Looking into the trees he could see the foliage moving. With what looked to be lighting speed the creature came out and took one of the enclave soldiers to the ground, the hellfire, ripping off the mans helmet the creature soon rammed his hand down into the the mouth and pulled out quickly. SOmething bloody was in his hands, and blood was pouring out of the man's mouth. Trying to scream but it was muffled and not very loud, the creature stuffed what he had back into the soldier and down his throat leaving it there.

Standing up, you could see it was atleast seven feet tall, gray skin all over it's body and what looked to be insect wings on it's back, it's fingers ending in vicous claws. "Kill it, Kill it!" Demetri shouted, letting loose with his minigun, seems the creature hasn't goen up against fire arms and quickly fell to a hail of bullets. "Didn't even try to move," Demetri said, walking over to the fallen soldier, now dead, Demetri opened the man's mouth and looked, "God, ripped out his tounge and then made he choke on it..." Demetri stood up and looked at the group, "Hope we don't reach anything else which kills like this," Demetri said.

As Demetri walked away he suddenly went face first into the dirt, looking around the creature was still alive and had grabbed his ankle,trying to pull his leg away Demetri used his free leg to try and kick at the creature, no such luck. The creature's claws dug into Demetri's flesh and showed signs of pain on his face, "Get it off quickly!"
Victor Oropeza

Post » Wed Aug 26, 2009 5:41 am

During all the chaos Jacob had made a break for it. As he darted between tree's and jumped over logs he didn't think that they would notice he was gone until later. He smiled as he found a small clearing. He stopped to catch his breath. He noticed that he could hear the ocean. That's my best bet to get outta here. I'll just follow it till I'm up north again. He ran in that direction wondering, of course, what had happened to Starr. :evil:
remi lasisi

Post » Wed Aug 26, 2009 8:42 am

[I'm not part of this RP, at least not at the moment, so this not part of the story]

Maybe in the OP you could post a summary of what has happened so far, because if I wanted to join, having to read the whole 6 page other thread kind of turns me off it. Just a suggestion.
matt oneil

Post » Wed Aug 26, 2009 6:12 am

((True, I will give a brief summary.

The story so far:

A group of mercenaries and explorers have been hired to recover a G.E.C.K from a mysterious employeer who has only contected them through messangers. The group have found the enclave have had an intrest in the matter. Having just arrived in Florida, the group is heading towards Orlando because of a lead of a Vault-tec headquarters in the city.))
CArla HOlbert

((hey guys, I gotta get off. I'll be back on around 4:30 Pm today. Get on around then and we can roleplay.))

Jacob continued running but then burst through the edge of the forest and was staring at the remains of a town. He looked around then shrugged. "More loot for me." He smiled and continued onward into the city.
patricia kris

Post » Wed Aug 26, 2009 7:38 am

Starr saw Jacob escape and was about to follow when she heard Demetri yell.

She turned around and saw the bug was still alive, and was pulling him in. Moving her fastest she ran at the bug shooting a burst from her M4. After letting off a few bursts she was closer to the insect than Demetri. She let go of her gun, feeling the sling take the weight, and grabbed her hatchet. She chopped down on the arm as hard as she could, but the leg stayed attached. She chopped again and again until, finally, the arm went limp.

Starr was not in a good place to run back, so she went the only direction she could. Towards the insect. She prayed that no one would hit her. Starr reached the insect faster than she expected and hadn't prepared for a strong blow. She swung at its body, sinking her hatchet as deep as she could. Then she rolled under the insects body hoping to get away, but the insect had other plans. It put its leg on Starr's arm, pinning her on the spot.
Joey Avelar

Post » Wed Aug 26, 2009 10:31 am

Demetri scrambled to to get up, his ankle in pain where the creature had gripped it, shrugging it off he got to his feet and was prepareing to mow it down with his minigun again, "Dam it girl!" Demetri shouted as he saw her pinned under it, dropping the large gun he whipped out his pistol taking aim. He didn't want to risk hitting star, so dropping the pistol, with no close combat weapon he ran towards the creature.

Jumping on it's back he wrapped his arms around the creature's neck hoping to get it off, though without even the slightest bit of effort it grabbed Demetri by an arm and threw him to the floor as well and brought it's claw down towards Demetri's head. Rolling away just in time the creature's claw dug into the soft dirt and was pulled out without much effort, this whilst still not losing it's grip on starr.

"Ah sod it," Demetri said, again attempting to attack the creature, making his shoulder connect with it's head, the creature moved back shaking his head with pain, grabbing Starr by the arm he picked her up, "Go, get back," Demetri ordered. Instead of running with Starr he ran towards the soldier's corpse, looking for something, "Here we go," he muttered. Picking up a plasma grenade from the soldiers belt he went towards, when within a few strides he activated the grenade. The creature bowed down and gave a defeaning roar again, Demetri used the chance and got the grenade in between what would be manibles on the creature's face.

The creature looked suprised and shocked at what had happened, Demetri turning around and attempting to run from it, with the grenade detanation the explosion knocked Demetri off his feet, but the creature now had lack of head but was still seemed to have some life in it, just swinging it's arms around trying to find something to kill. Demetri was on the floor in agony, seems some of the shrapnel from the grenade had caught him in his back, and he laid in pain in the creatures paths.
Jonathan Windmon

Post » Wed Aug 26, 2009 5:48 am

Mark saw Dmitry on the ground as the giant insect, now missing a head, got closer to finish him off. Mark pulled out his sniper rifle and hit the insect in its abdomen where the ganglia were, killing it. He then ran over to Dmitry to try to help pull the shrapnel from his back.
Jamie Lee

Post » Tue Aug 25, 2009 9:10 pm

OOC: second thread congrats people we have a proper RP now isn't that exciting?
Also Blackmane I do have an idea as to make this creature far more frightening something along the lines of Mary Shelly or Neil Asher's Skinner? but this would require it not dying so I shall be adding in a small part about it escaping at the end of my post if that is not something you want I shall edit it out later, this would also mean not having more then one or two of these creatures flying about so think about it.
oh yes and today is my graduation from high school so I'm not likely to be back on for the rest of the night. as such feel free to control my character in this situation, when the aftermath of this creatures attack is finished my character is no longer free game.

Nathan had spent the rest of the trip picking out plywood splinters and for the most part being miserable, no one had talked to him and he had talked to no one having removed the largest shreds of wood nathan was left with an itching feeling in his skin but he was ok with that so trying to not move as the train jostled and bumped along a path that should not exist Nathan tried his best not to think about the inconsistency in this trip.
Feeling that he needed something to distract him Nathan sorted through his bag opening the various boxes and tins holding his valuable ammo and other things that would not function well in water and continued feeling about until he met the bottom of his bag, Nathan was worried.
"Where's my RadAway" Nathan muttered under his breath and began to search his movements frantic and rapid, a running stream of curses flowed off him until he sagged a bit and sat back down holding the bag in his arms. "Great, it's gone" Nathan spoke to no one in particular the turrets had retracted earlier but Nathan felt even more watched now then he had when they had been revealed.
Walking down the interior of the train with all his belonging in hand he stopped spying a peculiar box "Riot grenades?" Nathan looked at the box again wiping a crust of wasteland dust off the exterior to look at the label. "Huh... from Germantown police unit" Nathan knew that riot grenades were very rare being Pre-war tech and he wondered where the employer would gain such information as the location of an entire crate of them.
stepping outside Nathan saw one of the enclave lying on the ground covered in blood, he headed over to at least try and help as he had been a doctor before his death. Nathan then shook off that train of thought and stopped in his tracks as he had long ago sworn off that part of his life.
Being run out of a town followed by a mob chanting Butcher once was enough for his life.
Knowing that he could at the very least help but did not want to interfere until asked, that way if he failed at the very least people could not blame him saying that the Ghoul was trying to kill them off when they were wounded. Nathan rooted in his pack and started tearing up an old blanket for bandages knowing at the very least he could do that.

spying a ruined creature near Mr.Raoos he continued ripping his blanket while watching the thing, people were moving now tending to the wounded and damaged so no attention was being paid to it, Nathan had little warning as the thing twitched once then ran full tilt past him jumping over the train and out into the forest. Nathan had a creeping feeling that he would see that thing again and when he did it would not be there for a warm beer and a chat.
Calum Campbell

Post » Tue Aug 25, 2009 8:34 pm

((OOC: I actually had to look both those people up, just to learn they were authors. I looked up a brief summary about Skinner, and I was thinking of a parasictic mutant, which caused some of the more radical mutations in the Jungle. Go ahead, it will be great to have a hopefully frighting creature, hell, build up on it if you like. Could cause for some great moments later in the RP, though I do, and I'm sure some other people have ideas for new creatures later on, hostile or nonhostile, people do throw in your ideas.))

Demetri sat up and breathed in sharply at the pain, undoing the straps on his armour he took it off and placed it down on the floor. "Stupidest thing I've ever done," he joked, "Holy [censored]!" Demetri saw the creature run off into the undergrowth, "That thing can take some punishment..." He soon took off his shirt, "How bad is it?" he asked mark, "Hope it isn't as bad as it feels."
Darlene DIllow

Post » Wed Aug 26, 2009 7:38 am

Mark replied, "It could be worse.", as he started to pull shrapnel from Dimitry's back. He looked again at the dead insect and noticed it was gone, Suprised, he said, " That insect was missing its head containing its primary brain, and I shot it where its ganglia, the secondary brain, was, so how could it still be alive. I wouldn't be suprised if that thing could even regrow its head with enough time".
brenden casey

Post » Wed Aug 26, 2009 9:03 am

As jacob was walking through the town he found a radio. He ajusted it to what he thought was the right frequencey. He began to speak " This is going to all Talon Company radios in the surrounding wasteland. I am in what used to be flordia. Apparently there is some valuable tecknology here. Who ever comes and helps me get rid of the other bozo's trying to get it will get 50% of the reward. This message repeats." He set the radio so it would continue to repeat as he turned and left the building, deciding to search the surrounding buildings.
Siobhan Thompson

Post » Wed Aug 26, 2009 4:27 am

Demetri Nodded, "It was more then just missing it head, I stuck a grenade in it's mouth," Demetri said, "I'm suprised it's only the head that got blown apart." Demetri looked around quickly, seeing the dead enclave soldier, then realized something, "Where is the bastard that tried to kill me?"
Yung Prince

Post » Wed Aug 26, 2009 5:48 am

Mark said, "That guy probably got away while we were preoccupied with that insect. He's probably already found a way to contact his superiors so we may encounter his buddies from Talon Company later on." He then looked around and saw a 3ft long caterpillar eating on the top of a tree, and also saw a giant mutated butterfly with a 5 ft wingspan feeding on some huge flowers about 3 ft wide with thick stalks. Mark looked to his right and saw a two-headed deer grazing. It spotted him and ran away, but a giant trapdoor spider came out of its hole and dragged it within. He then said to Dimitry, "Let's be on our guard, that creature isn't the only thing we have to worry about."
Annika Marziniak

Post » Wed Aug 26, 2009 12:05 am

"Agreed," Demetri didn't want to end up food for some creature here, he didn't want to end up as food at all... Mark had finished grabbing any shrapnel he could find, picking his shirt back up and lifted it up at his face, "Now there is a few holes there." Putting it back on, for now he left his combat armour off, as to not too much pressure on what would most likely end up with a few extra scars on his body. "I doubt he would of got far, I still have his pistol," Demetri lifted the side arm out his pack showing it.
Marcin Tomkow

Post » Tue Aug 25, 2009 11:17 pm

Mark said, "I don't know, that guy's definitely a sneaky bastard so he could've pulled it off." He then noticed that the spider hole had webbing around the ground surrounding it. He thought, "The spider must use that webbing to sense for vibrations caused by something stepping on it, so as long as we avoid the webbing we should be fine."
Marcia Renton

Post » Wed Aug 26, 2009 7:03 am

OOC my troops make good cannon fodder for the Rp

"Damn!" Henry crouched over the body of the downed soldier, he was ripped up beyond recognition and Henry turned to the man carrying the Fatman and realized that he must have been lost in the Chaos, most likely he had wandered off during the fight. As the group advanced thought the thick foliage they found his missing man. He was tangled up in a giant spider web and was screaming for help and struggling frantically, "Oh no that spider probably would have heard that!" Henry rushed over to the soldier and used his combat knife to dig him out. Then the worse came to pass as a MASSIVE spider landed and screeched at the group! Everyone was disorganized and Henry searched for a way to rescue the man. Henry spotted a Fatman on the ground where the soldier had dropped it and Henry made a dive for it. Henry felt the Fatman in his hand and spun around and fired. The shot hit the spider and left a large chunk of goo. "We've done it!" Henry was cheering with the rest of the group when he heard the sound of thousands of spiders advancing. The sight was a nightmare, they where coming out of every tree, every hole in the ground and they were all coming at him...
lexy

Post » Wed Aug 26, 2009 2:01 am

Jacob opened the door to a store and saw a group of slavers standing over the body of a dead wastelander. Jacob drew his pistol as the slavers turned around. "What do we have here?" The first one said. Jacob guessed he was probably the leader of the group. "Talon company? Haven't seen one of you for a while..." The second one added. A third slaver took a step forward, and held out a weapon that looked like http://planetmedia.gamespy.com/images/00/07/706_FO3_Mesmetron.jpg . Jacob pointed his pistol at the third but then the others drew their weapons. Crap... He thought, as he poointed his pistol at their leader the man with the weird weapon fired it. Jacob dropped his weapon, sitting their in a daze. "Where am I?" He asked as he rubbed his head. The three strange men took a step towards him. They held out a collar and said "Put this on, it'll keep you safe." Jacob agreed trying to figure out what was going on. The collar closed around his neck, and a light lit up on it. Then the second slaver hit him over the head with his gun. Jacob fell to the ground and began to black out, he felt them start to remove his armor. :shrug:

As he awakened he was in the middle of the forest, the collar still around his neck. Jacob was locked in a cage, he wasn't wearing his talon company armor. Instead he was wearing clothes that werehttp://www.blogcdn.com/xbox.joystiq.com/media/2009/03/thepittwhole3.jpg
Jacob shook on the door of the cage and yelled "Let me outta here!" He noticed the slavers selling his armor and weapons to a trader. Crap... He looked down at his outfit and let out a groan. A slaver walked over to his cage and said "Listen. Your a slave now, deal with it. Now if you` don't do what I say, I'll activate the device around your neck, and POP! your head goes. Now you are going to do what ever I say, whenever I say it. Let's test you. I am going to cut you and your going to tell me how much you loved it." Then the slaver drew out a knife and sliced Jacobs chest. Jacob spit in the slavers face. The slaver sighed and said "Lets show you what I mean when i say your head goes pop..." He pointed the strange weapon at another slave and fired. The mans had burst and his body slumped over. Jacob's eyes widened. "Now I say I'm going to cut you and your goiung to tell me how much you love it." The slaver cut Jacobs chest again, and jacob said "I like that..." The slaver smiled and said "Good. Cause your going to be feeling some pain. Your going down into the mines." The slaver pointed towarsds a hole that had spider webs on the sides. The slaver unlocked Jacobs cage and led him down into the darkness of the cave as jacob heard a mini nuke go off somewhere nearby.
Jonathan Egan

Post » Wed Aug 26, 2009 4:30 am

Tom had lost sight of Henry after the creature attacked. He soon found the group after a mushroom cloud went up above the trees. He moved through the foilage, ready to shoot Henry for moving off when he caught sight of the spiders advancing. Tom started at the spiders at first, before quickly whipping up his rifle and unloading a couple bullets into the first one he saw, moving ahead of the Enclave soldiers, firing quickly into the spiders. He swung his rifle from arachnid to arachnid, putting rounds into them before he stopped to reload. As he reached for a new clip, a spider swung through the air, hanging by a thin, strong strand of webbing, impacting with Tom and sending him sprawling with the eight-legged creature on top of him. He looked up into the spiders mouth, seeing a brief flash of his childhood before a will to survive took hold and he reached for his sawed-off. The spider screeched as it lowered his head, but Tom quickly brought up his shotgun and fired point-blank into the spider's mouth. The shell exploded out the back of it's head, and the massive spider collapsed on top of Tom. His breath left him, and he felt a rib crack. Tom winced as he hefted the thing off of him, standing and holding the side of his chest. He retrieved his rifle, and injected himself with some med-x before continuing to fire at the remainder of the spiders.
Wayne W

Post » Wed Aug 26, 2009 9:49 am

" There's too many of them!" Henry fired round after round into the mass of spiders, both large and small. He threw plasma grenades into them and for a moment it seemed like the horde was getting pushed back, then they regrouped and pushed them back to the edge of a lake. " Jump into the water! It's our only chance!" Normally he would have drowned with his power armor on but, his power armor was a highly advanced model that allowed Henry to shed the armor plates and escape . The arachnids couldn't go into the water for some reason and just settled for devouring anyone who couldn't make it. It was a terrible sight as the ones unfortunate enough to be caught were spun into webs and carried into the depths of the spider lair. Henry tried to ignore the screams and concentrated on swimming to the other side. His model of power armor had a survival suit underneath equipped with a small oxygen tank and a gas mask. The suit was also waterproof luckily so henry didn't have to endure the slimy muck that was in the water. By the time Henry made it to the other side Henry saw to his dismay that his entire team was dead and their group was scattered. Henry saw something bobbing in the water, it was Tom! "Hey over here!" shouted Henry pulling Tom out of the water. "The rest of the team is scattered along the shoreline of the lake, lets find them." As they made thier way along the shoreline Henry thought he saw a massive shadow move across the lake..
Rachel Cafferty

Post » Wed Aug 26, 2009 4:57 am

Jacob ran. He ran for his life. The other miners, and the slavers. They were dead. Killed by those spiders. He didn't know where he was going but he kept running.

The trader that had been trading with the slavers just moments before ran over the hill and saw people at the lake. He noticed something big moving on the other side of the lake. "Hey over here! Help me! Spiders!" Then a spiders dropped down from the trees above, landing on him. The trader's finger must have slipped because the assault rifle he was carring went off, and sprayed bullets every direction, including into the lake. The trader screamed until the spiders stinger went directly in his mouth. The trader stopped moving as the spider continued to eat his body. In his dead hands, a holotape that lead to the location of the slaver camp, around his left arm, was a pip-boy.
vanuza

Starr was looking around for her hatchet when she heard the deafening sound of a fat man being fired. She looked over at the mushroom cloud, but quickly went back to searching for her hatchet. She saw that it had fallen near the train when the giant bug took off. Once she located it, it was under the train, she heard some yelling coming from the other side of train. She crawled under the train to reach it when she heard the engine fire up. She didn't have time to crawl back out, so she got her whole body underneath it and waited for it to pass.

Once the train passed Starr watched the light of the train grow smaller and smaller. She looked back to where the screams had come from, but instead of seeing the green landscape there was a large brown spider in her face. The spider opened its mouth to reveal an ugly set of fangs. Starr instictively chopped at its face with her hatchet. It slowly crumbled to the ground. Starr stood up and saw more spiders coming at her.

Where did everyone go?

Once she asked herself that she saw the last of the group leap off the cliff. It was one of the craziest ideas she'd seen, but the spiders were closing in. Starr ran as fast she could towards the cliff. One spider had gotten ahead and tried to cut her off. She leaped on top of it and crushed its mid section, but her boot got stuck in the carcass of the spider. She tripped and stumbled her way towards the cliff, but finally shook it off and took the plunge.
Laura Tempel

Post » Wed Aug 26, 2009 4:14 am

Jacob burst out a hole in the side of the cliff, right above the lake. He began to fall but his foot got stuck in the web. About five spiders began crawling down it after him. He saw the others and screamed "Help me!!! Please!!"
Glu Glu

Post » Wed Aug 26, 2009 7:20 am

Mark had gotten separated from the group during the spider attack and saw the Talon merc from before being chased by spiders and said, "Something tells me I might regret this, but no one deserves that fate." He then started shooting the spiders with his Sniper Rifle killing all of them. He then freed the merc and said, "I saved your life, now get out of here before I decide against it."
Natasha Biss

Post » Tue Aug 25, 2009 10:10 pm

Starr got out of the swamp, water dripping off her body, she saw the merc's life get saved by Mark. Before the merc had time to get away Starr ran and tackled him to the ground. She wasn't sure how long she could hold him down, but she was going to try.

"Where's the radio sending out your distress signal?" she yelled into his face, then she added, "Don't try to tell me you haven't sent it out yet, I know the protocol."
LittleMiss

Next

Return to Fallout Series Discussion