A Different Land part 2

Post » Wed Aug 26, 2009 5:23 am

OOC: alright I shall try my best to make a proper monster if you have ideas for "IT" feel free to add them here or PM me for now though I shall be going off knowledge of Starcraft zerg creatures and Asher's Skinner for a proper evolutionary nightmare.

Nathan was feeling sorry for himself at the moment, hell he would trade being eaten by the vicious swarm of fist sized gnats he had just passed for the fate he was about to have.
Currently Nathan was flying, unfortunately it was because of the positively massive bird of prey that had swooped down on him swiftly after the train left its station. The only luck Nathan was currently having was the fact that his pack was secure on his back and his knife was in its sheath at his leg, the weapon which he had tried to harm to bird currently griping onto him with but found swiftly that this blazing oversized pigeon had ankles of granite so currently he was trying to reach his gun (that he had loaded previously) and shoot the damned thing in the jaw, this was made difficult by the large amount of bird leg in the way of either arm reaching his back.
Nathan had gotten lucky in that the bird was only spearing him with two talons which were jammed in between his ribs right near his armpits while the other two were simply curled around his biceps the fact that Nathan was in a great deal of pain mostly removed the fact that it could be worse from his mind as for the most part he wished to die as the talons of the bird jerked in his flesh with each wing beat. Looking at the creature Nathan wondered how in the world something with a wingspan of two traincars would be able to power through the skies, but power it did and Nathan felt his fate was sealed. When a fist sized globule of ichor blazed past his face and impacted on the underside of the falcon Nathan was drawn out of his deepening sorrow and was quite confused. The feathers that had been hit sizzled giving off an acrid green smoke that left him wheezing at its passing. Looking down he spied the source of the attack resting on the upper branches of a tree, If Nathan had read about them before he would have recognized it as some species of slug. Unfortunately Nathan was a doctor not a biologist (damn it) and was left scratching his head as to why a giant piece of flattened intestine covered in zits was shooting flaming snot balls at him. Whatever it was, that creature was not spitting at him as Nathan watched a sickening display when one of the large pustules on the slug grew white and drawn before a squishing noise audible to his ears several dozen meters in the air followed.
The ball of partially congealed liquid was launched at the bird he was unwillingly attached to as the massive bird of prey bombed into the tree line feathers streaming green smoke Nathan questioned if his luck had taken a turn for the worse or the better. The forest suddenly came alive as he drew closer to it.

///////
Deeper into the forest past the outsiders warring with the fauna and flora a creature stuffed food into a rudimentary jaw, the spider the flesh had been previously attached to did not appreciate this, It knew hunger.

The sound of more dangerous creatures drawing on it caused it to drop the carcass of It's fresh kill swinging into the trees extending the limbs on its back a soft clicking came from them before it swung up into the canopy to wait and listen for a new chance to feed, it knew caution.

in a deceptive creeping the flesh of the creatures body drew back together with unnatural swiftness, lightning speed and a quick motion It's multi-jointed arm whipped out spearing a crawling caterpillar.
It felt movement and moved, half a second later a falcon came hurtling down on the tree ripping the entire trunk out of the ground before dropping it less then a minute later It went back into the forest to feed and prepare, snacking on the now headless caterpillar It moved.
Cat Haines

Post » Tue Aug 25, 2009 11:17 pm

Demetri had grabbed his armour and minigun, the armour just being put on but not strapped down. He saw the swarm, "Not even five minutes rest?" he asked them in a teasing manner, shrugging he whirled up his gun and started cutting them down whilst moving back towards the cliff. One of the smaller ones had gotten close so Demetri brought the bottem of his foot in the spider's face and it backed away in pain.

Getting to the edge of the cliff he looked down, "Well not the stupidest thing I've done today," Demetri muttered, taking a few more steps back he turned around and jumped. Landing in the lake he brought his head up and swam towards the shore, tasting some of the water that had gotten into his mouth he was suprised, getting out. "Did any of you notice that the water was clean?" Demetri asked, "Also, where is our ghoul friend?" Demetri looked back up at the cliff and noticed Starr questioning his assiliant. "Seems we have found the smarthmouth," Demetri said, leaving Starr to her questioning, he went back to the shore, he had lost both his armour and helmet during the drop and wanted to see if he could find them.

Seeing the armour it's self wind up on the shore he grabbed it and placed a bit away, soon wading in when he saw the helmet bobbing a few meters away. Noticing the goggles were still there he smiled, "That was unexpected." Getting back out he left them off and snapped some twigs off the nearby trees and started making a fire with them, they needed to warm up and get their wet clothes to dry. Demetri also took off his shirt placing it near the fire to dry quicker. Looking back over to the two mercs, one talon company, one former.
Baylea Isaacs

Post » Wed Aug 26, 2009 8:30 am

Jacob, embarressed already because of the slave outfit and collar, looked at her. "What are you talking about?! I haven't sent out a signal, there no working radio nearby!" Jacob began trying to do anything to get her off. After desperate attempts to free himself, he headbutted her. "Thats what you get for tackling me!" He then managed to flip her onto her back, so he was on top. Jacob reached and grabbed starr's pistol and aimed it at her face. I could kill you right now!" Jacob screamed at the top of his lungs, "Do you wanna die?!" Jacob frowned as he started to pull the trigger.

:banghead: <--------my guy in his free time
David Chambers

Post » Wed Aug 26, 2009 3:22 am

"Click." The pistol had no ammo, it must have been dropped at the top of the cliff.

Starr started to laugh. "You got some luck," she said to the merc.

Hoping she was flexible enough, Starr began to lift her leg for a kick. Judging that she would be able to do it, she kicked her leg up as hard as she could. She felt her boot connect with the merc's back, stunning him for a second. Starr then pushed him to the ground and got back on him, this time noticing the slave collar.

Starr grabbed the collar and said, "You'll tell me where the signal is or I'm gonna blow your head off!"

She knew that tinkering with slave collars usually resulted in them exploding. Only a skilled bomb technician had a chance of disarming it.

Starr opened a small panel on the collar and slowly pulled a red wire from it.

"I think I should cut this one, what do you think?" she said to the merc.
Tai Scott

Post » Wed Aug 26, 2009 12:32 pm

OOC: ((Hey guys, I've been keeping up with this RP from the start even though I haven't participated yet. I'd like to join the story since it seems like the prime time to do so what with the new environment. The idea is to come in as one of Talon mercs Jacob had contacted earlier, picking up the distress beacon he'd sent out from his radio. Let me know if anything is unbalanced/unsatisfactory.))

Name: Aiden Sanis

Race: Mixed (Half Black, Half White)

Looks: Stands at roughly 6'1 with fairly tan skin, slim yet muscular frame with handsome features and icy blue eyes. Blond hair that's just short of being shoulder length, along with a goatee.

Major Skills: Small Guns, Sneak, Melee

Minor Skills: Medicine, Unarmed, Speech

Equipment: Short-Sleeved Talon Merc Armour, Talon Merc Tactical Helmet (Think SWAT), M16A2 Assault Rifle (3 magazines each including 30 rounds) , M1911 .45 Pistol (Two magazines each including 15 rounds), 4x stimpaks, 1x Med-x 1x Rad-away, 2x Rad-x 2x Cram

Personallity: A cocky, yet highly trained ex-soldier who found it impossible to live a life devoid of combat. Although he grew up on battlefields, fighting from skirmish to skirmish for survival AND pleasure he still manages to maintain a fairly normal personality. Due to his past experience as a member of the Brotherhood of Steel's little known faction dealing in clandestine operations, codenamed "Tempered Steel", Aiden was ideal for the Talon mercs more...sensitive operations.
Brooks Hardison

Post » Wed Aug 26, 2009 6:18 am

((Sure you're in, since the radio broadcast I think it would be great to have a large contingent of talon marcs come in, more cannon fodder for our vicous creature, btw when the creature shows up again I want it to be shown with a more sadistic side and not just violent, though not until later. And recon, your character is having the worst luck of it's life it seems.))

Demetri noticed the merc had tried to escape again, "Slave collar?" Demetri asked after he had walked over, "Must mean there are more humans around atleast." Looking down at the collar, he knew the red one would disarm it, not blow it up, he had seen the collars before and he himself was skilled with explosives, shame he didn't bring any with him, might of been useful. "You best tell, looks like she would, and unlike that creature you left us with, you will most likely not walk again."
Keeley Stevens

Post » Tue Aug 25, 2009 8:39 pm

Aiden would listen closely to the badly distorted radio message coming from inside the cockpit of a nearby Talon transport-copter, hearing only the words "Florida, Valuable Technology", and "50% of the reward". He would pause for a few moments, eventually coming to the conclusion that this could be an extremely profitable venture for himself.

Aiden wouldn't bother notifying his superiors of his intentions to "borrow" a copter and head on down to the good old sunshine state, as they'd most likely want a piece of the pie for themselves. After informing a pilot he could trust about the possible riches that lie in wait for the both of them (but mostly him), they'd take off without a moments notice, using the on-board land-nav to find the location of the radio signal's origin.

It was a matter of hours before Aiden would spot something that slightly unsettled him: First, there was a great deal of greenery. Having spent most of his life getting acquainted with the drab, dead environment of the Capital Wastes, this came as a minor shock to him. Second, there were what seemed to be large, hulking corpses of mutated spiders spread about a large clearing, forming a sort of trail to a large cliff with a seemingly endless drop-off.

The pilot would put the copter down in the clearing, triggering the automated turrets just in case the landing zone need to be cleared. Indeed it did. The massive insects were in fact MUCH more unnerving up close, though the turrets turned them into a fine mince before they could come within a hundred feet of the copter. Aiden would hop down and give a thumbs up to the pilot, signaling him to return to base and await communication.

Aiden would then start off in the direction of the signal he'd picked up hours earlier, the voice much clearer now. Apparently the fool that sent it was in fact a fellow Talon merc, not that Aiden held any sense of loyalty to his fellow employees. He looked down on them as they were both inferior in skill and honor to the young yet hardened soldier. "This guy better be alive, I know I didn't just waste 4 hours of my [censored] time in a shaky whirly-bird getting to this godforsaken patch of jungle to track down a corpse..."
daniel royle

Post » Wed Aug 26, 2009 3:53 am

Jacob eyes had widened when he heard the click. He knew he was in trouble when Starr grabbed ahold of the collar. "The town!" Jacob screamed, as he slowly began to reach for his combat knife, which had been knocked away. "It's in the town!" His hand began getting closer and closer to the knife. It was now just inches away.
Alex Blacke

Post » Wed Aug 26, 2009 6:40 am

"That doesn't help," Demetri said, "We'll need more then that, which way and how far?" Demetri walked away and grabbed a bottle of water from his pack and drank some before returning to the Merc, "So you going to say, or is she going to have to make your head pop?"
Daddy Cool!

Post » Wed Aug 26, 2009 8:38 am

"How the heck should I know, I was kinda knocked out when the freakin' slavers brought me here!" He looked over and saw the dead trader. "Speaking of which can I get my armor back?" Jacob felt his hand wrap around the knife. He hid it and said "So? Can I?"
Amiee Kent

Post » Wed Aug 26, 2009 5:06 am

"I think you can do better then that," Demetri said, "You were taken away by slavers yes, but somthing must of happened before then, because you see that cliff, we were up there." Demetri looked back up, "Or we could send you back up there and you can try and follow your footsteps, quite a few spiders up there..." Demetri stayed queit allow it to sink it.
Lauren Dale

Post » Tue Aug 25, 2009 11:43 pm

Jacob began to think he could remeber heading in the direction of the sun when it was starting to set. "West! We headed west, which means that place is east of here!" Jacob said. Then asked again, "Can I get my armor?" He frowned as he got the knife ready for after he got his armor when he would attack.
cassy

Post » Wed Aug 26, 2009 4:27 am

"Starr cut the wire," Demetri said, after the wire was cut, "Armour yes, anything else you leave there." Demetri looked at the merc, seeing some terror in his eyes when he had said to cut the wire. Turning away to the fire and grabbing his shirt, which was now dry he put it back on and watched the blacktalon.
Rhiannon Jones

Post » Wed Aug 26, 2009 6:17 am

Jacob stood up and kept the knife well hidden as he slipped his armor back on. He smiled as he felt the familar weight of the armor. Jacob began to walk up to Demtri as if he was going to offer a hand shake. The knife only showed for a second as Jacob approached Demtri.
dav

Post » Wed Aug 26, 2009 12:32 am

Demetri had noticed the knife, he acted like he hadn't noticed anything and allowed him to get closer. When within striking distance Demetri kicked out with his leg into the Merc's shin toppling him, standing up he placed his foot on his wrist, pressing on it hard until he dropped the knife, "What do you take me for? A fool?"
Stace

Post » Wed Aug 26, 2009 7:31 am

"No, I take you for a svcker!" Jacob pulled out the pistol that he always kept hidden in his armor with his left hand, which was free, and pointed and fired.
Trish

Post » Wed Aug 26, 2009 5:52 am

Mark saw Dimitri disarm the merc with his foot and knockh im to the ground, only for the merc to pull out a hidden gun and fire. Thinking quickly Mark pulled out his Plasma Rifle and knocked the merc out with its butt.
Sophh

Post » Tue Aug 25, 2009 11:15 pm

The last thing Jacob remeber was his gun firing off and then someone knocked him out. You retard... Jacob thought as he blacked out.
Claire Lynham

Post » Tue Aug 25, 2009 11:37 pm

Demetri felt a thump as a the bullet hit him, Demetri stepped back in pain, looking at his shoulder he could see the wound, the bullet had gone in and at range it was fired right out the other side. "Bastard," Demetri said with anger, taking a few steps towards the merc, he nodded to Mark, "Can you check my pack, it's got a few medical supplies, some Med-x and bandages if you please."
Emerald Dreams

Post » Wed Aug 26, 2009 10:38 am

((I'm going to get off for now, be on later or if not, tommorow morning, 9:00))
Lakyn Ellery

Post » Wed Aug 26, 2009 10:56 am

Mark ran over to Dimitry's pack and got his medical supplies. After giving them to him, Mark threw him a Stimpack and said, "What do you think we should do with Sleeping Beauty over there?"
Ludivine Dupuy

Post » Wed Aug 26, 2009 4:11 am

Demetri covered his wounds and injected himself with both the stimpak and Med-X, "We'll keep him for now, we will need help getting to this town," Demetri said, "Tie him up, we won't leave until dawn, it's getting to dark, and we may get lost in the jungle."
Sophie Morrell

Post » Wed Aug 26, 2009 2:21 am

Starr raised a finger signaling for silence.

"You hear that?" she said, "Sounds like someone already picked up the distress signal, I can hear the chopper's engine near the cliff we were on earlier. We need to move."
Jessica Colville

Post » Wed Aug 26, 2009 9:04 am

"By all that is holy!" Demetri complained, "Don't we ever get a break... Allow me to get myself resuited up." Grabbing his armour he strapped it back on and placed his helmet on his head. Looking at the merc on the ground, "I'm going to have to carry him arn't I?" Demetri sighed, first putting the ammo case of his minigun and latching the gun itself on to the case as well as his pack, he picked the merc up and slung him over his shoulder, "Ready? Lets go then." Demetri led the way into the thick foliage in the direction that was stated by the merc, only one way to find out if he was lying.
Sierra Ritsuka

Post » Wed Aug 26, 2009 2:59 am

Mark said, "You're right, those guys will be searching here soon. Just when I'd thought we'd get a break." Mark looked around and saw what looked like a giant Venus Fly Trap. A giant butterfly landed on it and the trap closed. Mark looked inside and saw the butterfly being digested. He then saw another two-headed deer and shot it, taking the body and saying, "We're having venison for dinner tonight."
Misty lt

PreviousNext

Return to Fallout Series Discussion