Enclave or BOS

Post » Wed Aug 26, 2009 11:01 am

You sir fail to understand that there are no Citizens. What the Enclave is trying to do is conquer and secure the land that once was the United States. And to do that, without other strong factions jumping in to toss a wrench in the machine, they need to eliminate them. And chem warfare is easily the easiest way to do so.

of course there are no citizens*, the enclave killed all of them with vault experiments, which by not doing would have been the easiest way to repopulate amd rebuild america..

*for arguments sake, i think the wastelanders int eh fallout gmaes are just as much citizen as anyone today
Life long Observer

Post » Wed Aug 26, 2009 5:26 am

I dont realy see how the people in megaton are not citizens?why should they be the ones hurting?
Queen of Spades

Post » Wed Aug 26, 2009 8:47 am

With no government, there cannot be any citizens can there. That's kinda how that works....

So, in reality the only Citizens of anything in the Wasteland beside Enclave Personnel, are the fair people of Dave's Republic. Everyone else is really just a group of people who joined together for protection from the Waste.
Vivien

Post » Wed Aug 26, 2009 6:00 am

both of them aren't really doing much for the future of the wasteland, so if i could i would pick neither.
but the bos's morals are in the right place, where as i can't say the same about the enclave.
even if america was rebuilt on the shoulders of the enclave, what kind of society would it be?
i don't think one worth living in.
NAtIVe GOddess

Post » Wed Aug 26, 2009 6:57 am

With no government, there cannot be any citizens can there. That's kinda how that works....

So, in reality the only Citizens of anything in the Wasteland beside Enclave Personnel, are the fair people of Dave's Republic. Everyone else is really just a group of people who joined together for protection from the Waste.

sumerians were all a loose grop of city states with no national government power, but they are still sconsidered sumerians ;)

why cant americans still be called americans with the same set up?
Dalley hussain

Post » Tue Aug 25, 2009 8:32 pm

Well that makes them citizens of their own communities. Certainly Megaton sees itself as a community and Simms is the Sheriff and Mayor, or so he says, and the citizens of the town accept that. Canterbury Commons is organized as well although they all roll their eyes at Uncle Roe behind his back. Andale is very organized in it's weird little way. Rivet City has a City Council. Big Town spends most of its time worried about building up its defenses. It doesn't have much in the way of civic organizations but the kids there are organized and recognize themselves as a town. Little Lamplight elects its mayor. The CW doesn't need the Enclave, but the Enclave really wants the CW. It's the way the story in the game is written. It could easily have been written so that the LW helps the little communities scattered around the Wasteland come together to help one another in some way. Maybe via the trader's caravans. But that wouldn't have been as exciting as Vertibirds and Power Armor.
Alyesha Neufeld

Post » Wed Aug 26, 2009 1:20 am

Both factions are overrated. The BoS aren't even BoS, and their so-called 'best outfit in the BoS' (the 'Lyon's Pride', stupid name) is made up of a bunch of candy-ass losers, pathetic. and ran by Sarah Lyons, just because she's the old man's daughter (whom was only seven years old when they left California, jeez). They are not the Brotherhood of Steel. Lyons decided to make his own agenda and abandoned the Brotherhood’s primary mission. He branded the Outcasts 'traitors' to the BoS, but he is the real traitor.

I don't follow any faction, except maybe Ashur.
Michelle Serenity Boss

Post » Wed Aug 26, 2009 6:13 am

Well that makes them citizens of their own communities. Certainly Megaton sees itself as a community and Simms is the Sheriff and Mayor, or so he says, and the citizens of the town accept that. Canterbury Commons is organized as well although they all roll their eyes at Uncle Roe behind his back. Andale is very organized in it's weird little way. Rivet City has a City Council. Big Town spends most of its time worried about building up its defenses. It doesn't have much in the way of civic organizations but the kids there are organized and recognize themselves as a town. Little Lamplight elects its mayor. The CW doesn't need the Enclave, but the Enclave really wants the CW. It's the way the story in the game is written. It could easily have been written so that the LW helps the little communities scattered around the Wasteland come together to help one another in some way. Maybe via the trader's caravans. But that wouldn't have been as exciting as Vertibirds and Power Armor.

Truthfully i'd a preferred that. Having to fight off Supermutant hordes from destroying the very semblance National Government you have created.

But you misread my intention. Without a National government they cannot call themselves Citizens of the United States. Yes, they are Native to the states, and their ancestors may have indeed been Citizens, but now they are like you said, Citizens of Megaton, Rivet City, Big town, Andale, ect...
Isaiah Burdeau

Post » Wed Aug 26, 2009 4:26 am

If the Enclave can't restore America, than no one can.
jessica breen

Post » Tue Aug 25, 2009 9:32 pm

But you misread my intention. Without a National government they cannot call themselves Citizens of the United States.

Oh, got it.

Well, it seems to me that most of the people who want to return to calling anything the United States of America are the Enclave. And they are here in the CW to create an empty landscape which they want to call the USA and then they will rule over that empty landscape. Why? It's a mystery to me why they would even bother except that the MQ is full of holes so this is yet another one.
Hayley O'Gara

Post » Wed Aug 26, 2009 12:06 pm

The Enclave may be able to attempt to restore THEIR America. Their control led to many of the immoral things we see in the Fallout Universe, including the Great War.

Flat toe cory, you don't seem to understand that wastelanders are people and is not justifiable in any way to murder helpless people.
saharen beauty

Post » Tue Aug 25, 2009 11:40 pm

Enclave for me if that's our only choices. I really do prefer to be my own man so to speak. I work for no one, if I can help it.

The Enclave may be able to attempt to restore THEIR America. Their control led to many of the immoral things we see in the Fallout Universe, including the Great War.

Flat toe cory, you don't seem to understand that wastelanders are people and is not justifiable in any way to murder helpless people.

I just prefer to add a new element of thought to the table. Why not look through the eyes of these murderers? Why must we always cry for the sick and lonely and beaten down. Think of the these poor soldiers doing these atrocious crimes. Don't you think they suffer too. But if it's either you do or die...Plus there are certain benefits of being a soldier as well.
Zoe Ratcliffe

Post » Wed Aug 26, 2009 3:29 am

Actually, it just takes some good leadership and honor. Organization and protocol. People begin bands of small governments, then group into bigger governments. That's how tribes turn into civilizations. You don't need "screw the differences and innocents, all about us" to do that.

Leadership: Yes.
Organization: Yes.
Honor: No.
Morale: No.
Doing the wastes a favor: No.

3/2, what say you?
Iain Lamb

Post » Wed Aug 26, 2009 8:26 am

.... Maybe because most likely in that situation, we'd be the ones beaten down by the Enclave? Also it's not like the Enclave HAVE to kill all the impure unAmerican Wastelanders, they could just live in haromony with them, but instead they want to kill every one of them.
Carolyne Bolt

Post » Wed Aug 26, 2009 7:45 am

You sure like to make threads, don't you?

Anyways, the Enclave is superior in every way to the Brotherhood, so it is useless to support the BOS.

You sure about every way? I think the BoS has the hearts of the people, but when the people are weak wasters I suppose it doesn't count for much anyways.

Enclave for me, the most logical choice.
e.Double

Post » Wed Aug 26, 2009 3:01 am

Eastern BoS does... Real BoS, the western is basically the outcasts... Enclave wants you dead, BoS don't care.
Jon O

Post » Wed Aug 26, 2009 4:05 am

.... Maybe because most likely in that situation, we'd be the ones beaten down by the Enclave? Also it's not like the Enclave HAVE to kill all the impure unAmerican Wastelanders, they could just live in haromony with them, but instead they want to kill every one of them.

See, but sense the Fev will effect all mutated life, like Supermutants, centaurs, deathclaws, Yoi Gaui (sp?), and ghouls(feral), which in all outnumber the wastelanders.
Nauty

Post » Wed Aug 26, 2009 12:34 pm

I just prefer to add a new element of thought to the table. Why not look through the eyes of these murderers? Why must we always cry for the sick and lonely and beaten down. Think of the these poor soldiers doing these atrocious crimes. Don't you think they suffer too. But if it's either you do or die...Plus there are certain benefits of being a soldier as well.

No, those soldiers don't suffer. They were raised to believe wastelanders and all mutants are the enemy. They are trained to kill them without remorse.
Darren Chandler

Post » Wed Aug 26, 2009 4:59 am

No, those soldiers don't suffer. They were raised to believe wastelanders and all mutants are the enemy. They are trained to kill them without remorse.

You think so? You ever serve? All soldiers feel remorse, it's just...The more you do it, the more like a machine you become while you do it.
Chenae Butler

Post » Tue Aug 25, 2009 11:35 pm

You think so? You ever serve? All soldiers feel remorse, it's just...The more you do it, the more like a machine you become while you do it.

The Enclave's soldiers were born soldiers. Tell me, if you go hunting, do you feel remorse for killing a rabbit or a squirrel? That is the relationship between Enclave soldiers and wastelanders/mutants. The Enclave believe wastelanders are nothing more than beasts.
natalie mccormick

Post » Wed Aug 26, 2009 6:16 am

Actually, it just takes some good leadership and honor. Organization and protocol. People begin bands of small governments, then group into bigger governments. That's how tribes turn into civilizations. You don't need "screw the differences and innocents, all about us" to do that.

Leadership: Yes.
Organization: Yes.
Honor: No.
Morale: No.
Doing the wastes a favor: No.

3/2, what say you?

Well, can the citizens of the Wasteland kill all the raiders, Super Mutants, and other creatures? Probably not. Can the Enclave? Definitely.

You sure about every way? I think the BoS has the hearts of the people, but when the people are weak wasters I suppose it doesn't count for much anyways.

Not in every way, but in any way that matters when fighting a war.
David John Hunter

Post » Wed Aug 26, 2009 9:55 am

The Enclave's soldiers were born soldiers. Tell me, if you go hunting, do you feel remorse for killing a rabbit or a squirrel? That is the relationship between Enclave soldiers and wastelanders/mutants. The Enclave believe wastelanders are nothing more than beasts.

Which is hard to argue with since most seem to act like beasts. (Raiders)
Natalie J Webster

Post » Wed Aug 26, 2009 3:46 am

Well, can the citizens of the Wasteland kill all the raiders, Super Mutants, and other creatures? Probably not. Can the Enclave? Definitely.

Can the Enclave take innocent lives? Yes. Will they? Yes.
Horror- Puppe

Post » Wed Aug 26, 2009 6:03 am

Can the Enclave take innocent lives? Yes. Will they? Yes.

The only true innocents are children(Barely, those potty mouthed toe rags) And their set as essential.
Judy Lynch

Post » Wed Aug 26, 2009 10:00 am

Which is hard to argue with since most seem to act like beasts. (Raiders)

Wastelanders are not all raiders.
Joanne Crump

PreviousNext

Return to Fallout 3