[WIP]Experimental Vault 64

Post » Tue Aug 18, 2009 7:25 pm

I know that it might be a stupid Q, but when do you expect this to be finish?

I dont know. :shrug:

Just for laughs you should make one of the Oxygen tanks NO2 with a fade to black script if activated. LOL

create a machine shop (something more than a repair bench. Would be great to upgrade your weapons on a lathe or milling machine.

There are already no2 tanks. Its right next to the O2 tank in the picture. Blacking out on using the NO2 would be funny...

If you can come up with the lathe mesh, I could script it to make better weapons.
Repair skill for the physical hardware upgrades.
Science for the electronics upgrades.

What about some sort of vault alert, that you can enable over the terminals?

That would be fun to add to the Overseer terminal. I will look into it now.
K J S

Post » Tue Aug 18, 2009 9:03 am

are you going to have wall mounted panels with "motivational" messages like in Vault 101. Maybe have a choice for good/neutral/evil messages that can be changed from the overseer's terminal
Toby Green

Post » Tue Aug 18, 2009 8:47 pm

are you going to have wall mounted panels with "motivational" messages like in Vault 101. Maybe have a choice for good/neutral/evil messages that can be changed from the overseer's terminal

I have two sets of 'Happiness Boards'. The messages are classical WWII messages.
I did not plan on being able to change them.
x a million...

Post » Tue Aug 18, 2009 4:36 pm

I'll explore what I need to do to provide the Lathe and/or milling machine mesh. I would really like to see a machine shop somewhere in the fallout universe. I have never used Nif Scope but am familiar at the novice/hobbist level with solidworks and max and have the toolset.
Ridhwan Hemsome

Post » Tue Aug 18, 2009 4:49 pm

Finally!

I had problems with the Eat'o'tronic 3000. The terminal allows you to spawn different food items in the Eat'o'tronic. I was using xmarkers which caused the food to spawn upside down.
I had some inspiration while I was testing, and I changed the xmarkers to the acutal food item I was spawning. And success, the spawned items are up-right and in the correct position and not falling out of the shelves.
Another 'issue' finally resolved.
I then created a terminal and Eat'o'tronic in the medical wing that dispenses medical supplies. I have not put a 'cost' on the items yet, but they will cost you caps to buy what you order.

I have also put in the 'Alert' sirens which are activated from the overseer terminal. Now I just need to add them to all the levels, they are only on one right now.
Trey Johnson

Post » Tue Aug 18, 2009 4:44 pm

I would've thought since the vault was never opened after the war until your character does, the vending machines would only accept pre-war money, unless it was for the bottle cap collectors association or something. Just something that seems weird
Andrew Tarango

Post » Tue Aug 18, 2009 8:01 pm

Of course, that would make more sense, but that means some scripting would be needed in order to change that. I guess not everybody here has many dollars to spend on the vending machines so using caps would be easier. I recommend both, dollar and caps if the scripting (v/ machines accept dollar too) is not too complicated or time consuming.
Sarah Edmunds

Post » Tue Aug 18, 2009 9:57 pm

Of course, that would make more sense, but that means some scripting would be needed in order to change that. I guess not everybody here has many dollars to spend on the vending machines so using caps would be easier. I recommend both, dollar and caps if the scripting (v/ machines accept dollar too) is not too complicated or time consuming.

This (aswell as the post before that) actually gave me an idea. Possibly require the player to "reverse engineer" the vending machines to convert them from pre-war money to bottlecaps instead (possibly, with the right tools, even remove the money requirement :shrug: ).
Jessie Rae Brouillette

Post » Tue Aug 18, 2009 9:32 am

Hah, yeah...the..how's that called? Coin slot i think...the coin slot gets modified and becomes the....CAPS SLOT :P. Problem solved. So instead throwing in cents(or "pre-war money"), throw in caps :hehe:
Penny Wills

Post » Tue Aug 18, 2009 11:25 am

in the previous thread, williesea explains that he has allready taken this into effect. if i remember correctly, when you enter the vault, everything is set to pre war money until you reset the machines to accept coins.
Isaac Saetern

Post » Tue Aug 18, 2009 2:34 pm

Yes, well, if we have the ability to do that, don't you think that we could rig the machines to not have to require any currency at all?
maya papps

Post » Tue Aug 18, 2009 2:18 pm

Per the 'caps' vs 'pre-war money' debate.

Lets look at the facts:
The game engine is hardcoded to only use caps.
All barter/merchant activity uses caps.
This vault was 'mostly' isolated from the outside world. Remember, these 'nerds' broke into the Vault-Tech network and found out a lot about the outside world.
Money changes over time. There would be systems put in place to handle this eventuality.

What did I do about this issue?
None of the andriods or terminals that require money will be 'usable' until a money standard has been set. You will get a warning message.
You must reprogram the 'mainframe' computer in order to set a 'money standard'.
Before you can do that, you must find the hidden mainframe program key card.
At the mainframe, you can then set the money standard to caps, which costs you a cap to do. The cap then becomes the monetary unit in the vault used in all transactions.

I think that pretty much handles the situation. :)
David Chambers

Post » Tue Aug 18, 2009 2:15 pm

The ender of all arguments has spoken! Good solution ;)
Elena Alina

Post » Tue Aug 18, 2009 9:46 am

Not necessarily the end of the matter. If somebody has a better idea, or an addition, and I like it, I will implement it. This is just what I cam up with, with the help of ideas in this thread.

I am now putting in automatic doors. On certain doors, not all of them. Think 'Star Trek' in regards to these doors.
Jerry Cox

Post » Tue Aug 18, 2009 9:07 pm

how about a script that changes the visual model of caps to pre-war money and the icon too while your inside the vault

I believe that's possible no?
Lou

Post » Tue Aug 18, 2009 10:18 am

how about a script that changes the visual model of caps to pre-war money and the icon too while your inside the vault
I believe that's possible no?

If thats possible, I dont know how. :shrug:
If it requires FOSE to do, I will not make FOSE a requirement for something as little as changing the look of the money used.
Even if I did this, I believe the barter menus would still say 'caps'. That is why I went with the 'making caps the monetary unit' sub-quest.

Updates:
1. Implemented a better realism control that gives you options. This will be the 'base' for expanding the control the player will have over realisim they want in this mod.
2. Placing nav-meshes in the vault. This needs to be finished before I can make a beta available. Its not hard, just time consuming.
Katie Louise Ingram

Post » Tue Aug 18, 2009 2:18 pm

2. Placing nav-meshes in the vault. This needs to be finished before I can make a beta available. Its not hard, just time consuming.

I don't envy you, placing nav-mesh takes forever, I can't imagine how long it would take for you to do that entire vault.
Scott Clemmons

Post » Tue Aug 18, 2009 11:45 am

Oh no! More time! :P
Karl harris

Post » Tue Aug 18, 2009 10:59 pm

Sounds like something REALLY tedious, but necessary
Jessica Lloyd

Post » Tue Aug 18, 2009 9:58 am

WillieSea... are you on the Payroll for Bethesda Software?? If not, it's a crying shame, cause this is shaping up to be the mother of all mod. This is the kind of thing that I would gladly pay 800 MS points for.
Sara Johanna Scenariste

Post » Tue Aug 18, 2009 9:39 am

I am almost done with the interior nav-meshes. I had to take a break from it...

Not on their payroll, this is just a hobby, and a labor of love for the game.
Lexy Corpsey

Post » Tue Aug 18, 2009 5:24 pm

You know what you could do... Set up a donation system for people so that they can thank you for your mods. Maybe it can become a full time hobby... :shrug: Although I'm sure many people here will gladly donate to you to say thanks for all the wonderful efforts. :shrug:

Awesome news to hear that you've almost (probably by now finished) navmeshing your vault. :) I also have an idea for the whole money issue:

After many considerations and ideas put forth we have decided that should a global catastrophe occur the current currencies will most likely not remain. Therefore we have created a replacement for this problem. In order to reset the current currency used a VaultTec certified personel may use their "VaultTec Issued Mandatory Maintainance Keycard" in order to access the mainframe of the VaultTec Vault. From here the VaultTec employee may place the desired new currency into the "Digital Imagery Backup Storage" device and select to reformat the "VaultTec Economy Management System" in order to replace the old currency with the desired new currency inside the box. This operation is only to be done when absolutely neccesary. Any instances of abusal of this feature will result in the immediate termination of the employees employment at VaultTec as well as the consequences of misconduct as stated in your VaultTec agreement being put into action.

~VaultTec Economic and Maintainance Divisions

Note: The Digital Imagery Backup Storage device should be thought of as a scanning device. A grey box for example would work fine so no new meshes or textures required.

That's my idea for the debate at hand.
Rodney C

Post » Tue Aug 18, 2009 8:10 pm

I would donate to the WillieSea foundation! An excellent cause, unlike those stray animals i've been helping... :P
Sophie Morrell

Post » Tue Aug 18, 2009 1:16 pm

Unfortunately, I believe charging for a mod is illegal since they are all owned by Bethesda if they are made using the GECK.

The nav meshes are not done. I took a 'long' break to spend some time with family... :)
Tammie Flint

Post » Tue Aug 18, 2009 4:59 pm

Technically it wouldn't be charging for the mod, as you could still download it for free, it would just be a 'gift' to a 'friend'. :whistle:
kirsty williams

PreviousNext

Return to Fallout 3