[WIP]Experimental Vault 64

Post » Tue Aug 18, 2009 8:41 pm

I was thinking about 1000 caps should cover it...

This is just nitpicking, but can you include an optional plug-in to make the price higher (perhaps 10 or 5 thousand)? My main character has 100 in Brter (it was one of his TAG! skills) and money really is no object, most of the time. It would be good to have a place to dump it all :P . Again, this is just a minor, minor, suggestion, (which hopefully wouldn't be too hard or time-consuming).

And, I am for the hidden simulation program disc, by the way.

Eagerly awaiting this mod,

Warnek3m (also known as 'Warnek' or 'Alien'[UESP Forums])
CSar L

Post » Tue Aug 18, 2009 11:57 am

Wow, looking amazing WillieSea. Absolutely fantastic. Although I'm still waiting for you to put up a Beta or release it or something so I can just have a taste of the awesomeness *runs off to the GECK to try replicate your mod based on screenshots just so I can play earlier* :P. Have you thought about a torcher like chamber just for giggles (yes I know, evil :shrug: ), similar to the Xidillian one in Shivering Isles? Just a quick idea that came up. Anyway looks like it's going to be just as fun and engaging as your Ancient Towers mod was. Best of luck to you and please, take a break every once in a while to just relax (spend time with family, play Fallout, sleep, etc) as there really is no rush. Again, great work. :tops:
Alexandra Louise Taylor

Post » Tue Aug 18, 2009 6:01 pm

Hmmmm - maybe I am missing something, but if this experimental vault was created before the war, how could it have simulations with post-war creatures in it?

This is not meant as a criticism or anything, it was just something that popped into my head while reading the thread.
Skrapp Stephens

Post » Tue Aug 18, 2009 5:34 pm

Hmmmm - maybe I am missing something, but if this experimental vault was created before the war, how could it have simulations with post-war creatures in it?

This is not meant as a criticism or anything, it was just something that popped into my head while reading the thread.

It's magic :ninja: . :P

Actually a good thought. However I could easily come up with a solution to that question. The engineers programmed a program that gets the DNA of the creature (from the samples you retrieve) and thusly rebuilds the entire creature's image based on the DNA's imprinted base image. This allowed them to experiment on people who never really existed, therefore free test subjects. Consequently there are no constraints to the applicable DNA therefore allowing you to simulate various post-apocolyptia creatures. Happy? :P
Darren Chandler

Post » Tue Aug 18, 2009 2:12 pm

Hey I just want to say that stuff you added looks great, keep up the good work,

any chance of you giving out a floor plan or maybe a 2d overhead shot of the layout? I think when you do release this we may need a map to find our way around :foodndrink:
NIloufar Emporio

Post » Tue Aug 18, 2009 7:55 pm

Well, I'm joining the bandwagon of supporters for this mod, I would love it as my home (possibly due to 64 being my lucky number I don't know) plus the features in it look awesome. Could you have a simulation with different lightings for screenshot purposes. I really liked the lighting of OA but the character I'm using right now has completed it. But it is your mod, and probably have enough to do as it is
Oscar Vazquez

Post » Tue Aug 18, 2009 9:42 pm

Do want.

This mod has to be one of the coolest Vault mods I have ever seen. It almost makes me want to give up my Vault 74 overhaul mod that I'm working on.

Do you know when you expect to be releasing it?
Mizz.Jayy

Post » Tue Aug 18, 2009 2:51 pm

Question about the simulations. I notice you say the simulated weapons don't use ammo, and obviously can spawn an unlimited number of mobs. How will exp work on this? Personally, I like the idea of discs or maybe codes to "unlock" the simulations. Maybe info in engineers' logs or personal spaces since techies love passwords.
Similar concern with the special chips, but can always choose to ignore them, at least. :) (I'd like to have seen maybe one of each hand placed in the world, having a Fallout 2 feel, without any way to get any more.

1. You have the choice of using your own weapons if you wish, but the 'simulated weapons' are there in case you don't want to depleat your ammo reserves just playing around. And remember, you CAN die in the simulations, so there is danger. And you cannot leave the simulation until all the creatures are dead, so you will have to plan ahead some. The EXP is generated by the game engine, I don't know how to shut that off.
2. Common request it seems. I will put the programs on disc and hide them in the vault in different places. Its a big place so it should not be too difficult.

can you include an optional plug-in to make the price higher (perhaps 10 or 5 thousand)? And, I am for the hidden simulation program disc, by the way.

1. I will be adding the 'chip manufacture' to the realism controls that YOU can set. I was thinking about settings of 'OFF', '1 to 3 days each' or 'instant'. For the last two, there would also be 1 of each hidden in vault someplace..
2. Simulation program disc, see comment above.

Have you thought about a torcher like chamber just for giggles? Best of luck to you and please, take a break every once in a while to just relax (spend time with family, play Fallout, sleep, etc) as there really is no rush.

1. I decided against this since there is a lack of good torture inflicting things. Like fireballs, lightning and dart traps.
2. Oh, I do. Thats why the mod is not done yet... LOL!

maybe I am missing something, but if this experimental vault was created before the war, how could it have simulations with post-war creatures in it?

Fine, I will spoil the surprise.
In the vault, there will be terminals. On these terminals will be notes and stuff from the three engineers who lived here. Now, them being super-geeks, they easily broke into the Vault-Tec network. All the vaults were to sent reports to vault 0. These geeks broke into that network. They also watched/listened to video and audio feeds that were being transmitted after the war. They found out a lot about the outside world. The mutated creatures made good simulation material for these geeks.

any chance of you giving out a floor plan or maybe a 2d overhead shot of the layout? I think when you do release this we may need a map to find our way around

I was going to make a floor plan. I could take some quick screen shots of each level to give an idea of its scope. How does that sound for now?

Could you have a simulation with different lightings for screenshot purposes. I really liked the lighting of OA but the character I'm using right now has completed it.

I have been too busy to get OA, let alone play it. That and my dislike for LIVE content. I would prefer a disc, like everyone seems to prefer the simulation programs being on discs...
So, I do not know what the 'lighting' is like in OA.

Do you know when you expect to be releasing it?

Nope. No clue at all, other than when I feel its done. There will be some closed beta testing before then...
xx_Jess_xx

Post » Tue Aug 18, 2009 7:42 pm

Its looking better and better every day WillieSea. (Oh and nice signature Aerophysics :P)

Why thank you.

And to Williesea:

Liking the Arena Program and Simulation there. Got that..mysterious look to it in a way, like you are wondering if it's gonna pull out a knife and backstab. I like it as usual.

But I don't think you shouldn't release a Beta, we might crap out houses from pure amazement. Then when it is in official release we will crap out Titanics and recieve cancer, then our minds will explode into nothingness.

(Don't be influenced by that, come to the Lightside young Padawan, The DarkSide keeps you from making demos and betas!)

I seem to be blabbering on about random things now.
Quick Draw III

Post » Tue Aug 18, 2009 2:52 pm

Fine, I will spoil the surprise.
In the vault, there will be terminals. On these terminals will be notes and stuff from the three engineers who lived here. Now, them being super-geeks, they easily broke into the Vault-Tec network. All the vaults were to sent reports to vault 0. These geeks broke into that network. They also watched/listened to video and audio feeds that were being transmitted after the war. They found out a lot about the outside world. The mutated creatures made good simulation material for these geeks.

Very clever! :clap:
Chloe :)

Post » Tue Aug 18, 2009 8:42 pm

I thought Vault 0 wasn't 'canon'? Sorry, I'm just a little confused.
Vickytoria Vasquez

Post » Tue Aug 18, 2009 3:47 pm

Its a touchy subject, just dont put to much thought into it.
Nicole Coucopoulos

Post » Tue Aug 18, 2009 8:31 pm

Its a touchy subject, just dont put to much thought into it.

I always thougt of it like this: Vault-Tec was so big that it literally operated outside of any government jurisdiction, so Vault 0 was an experiment aswell. An experiment to see if the government could survive a nuclear war. To which; like most other Vaults, failed miserably.

But enough about that. I just took a look at your other mods Willie and I must say that I might get into playing Oblivion again. *might* (Cookie cutter dungeons and whatnot)
Samantha Pattison

Post » Tue Aug 18, 2009 1:28 pm

(Please ignore this post, something is still wrong with my posting-thingy, I can only use "Fast Reply")
Dominic Vaughan

Post » Tue Aug 18, 2009 2:59 pm

Why thank you.And to Williesea: Liking the Arena Program and Simulation there. Got that..mysterious look to it in a way, like you are wondering if it's gonna pull out a knife and backstab. I like it as usual. But I don't think you shouldn't release a Beta, we might crap out houses from pure amazement. Then when it is in official release we will crap out Titanics and recieve cancer, then our minds will explode into nothingness.(Don't be influenced by that, come to the Lightside young Padawan, The DarkSide keeps you from making demos and betas!) I seem to be blabbering on about random things now.

Young Padawan? You mean Jedi Master? (Or Sith Lord, which ever he prefers)
CSar L

Post » Tue Aug 18, 2009 8:22 pm

It was in a game and it was in a game that I for one really enjoyed... I don't deal with those 'self proclaimed lore-masters' who think they know it all. Its a game, not real life. :) :coolvaultboy:

Young Padawan? You mean Jedi Master? (Or Sith Lord, which ever he prefers)

Young?
Take a look at this picture of me when I was advertising for my Ancient Towers mod... This is also the picture gamesas used when they interviewed me for my work as a modder.
You can decide, Jedi or Sith...

http://www.tesnexus.com/downloads/images/16308-1-1215739221.jpg
lexy

Post » Tue Aug 18, 2009 4:38 pm

It was in a game and it was in a game that I for one really enjoyed... I don't deal with those 'self proclaimed lore-masters' who think they know it all. Its a game, not real life. :) :coolvaultboy:

I understand. Just curious 'tis all.
jaideep singh

Post » Tue Aug 18, 2009 3:42 pm

williesea,
im just a little confused, is the arena in the vault itself, or is it in the simulation.
Alan Cutler

Post » Tue Aug 18, 2009 9:16 pm

Simulation Programs:

1. Home Town (Invasion)
2. (Ruined) Police Station
3. (Sandy) Obstacle Course
4. (Ghoul) Arena

I have the 'Programs' on discs now and spread though the vault. Now to test all the changes. It made the terminal a bit more complex, but I think it should still work...
W E I R D

Post » Tue Aug 18, 2009 11:56 am

An action shot in the Arena and why I spend so much time there. Its fun!
http://i97.photobucket.com/albums/l237/WillieSea/ExpV64051.jpg

Unlimited ammo does not help much when your surrounded!
I will have nightmares for sure now.
hannaH

Post » Tue Aug 18, 2009 8:04 am

WillieSea, have you thought about expanding the SPECIAL chip surgery to give other benefits? Maybe reliant on the player already having the cyborg perk you could scatter cybernetic parts throughout the wasteland that the player could have installed at the surgery to give unique perks. For example a cyborg eye could switch to night vision instead of the pipboy light when TAB is pressed, leg implants could increase speed and jumping ability, arms weapon accuracy and load carrying, or sub-dermal and phoenix armour from Fallout 2 can increase DR and energy resistance. Things like the Wired Reflexes perk that can be got from Zimmerman which provide benefits without directly altering the SPECIAL stats.
Sarah Edmunds

Post » Tue Aug 18, 2009 9:36 pm

There will be some closed beta testing before then...

If you're going to have a closed beta (request only type thing) could I please be a beta tester? I'll definitly have the spare time needed to test this properly so that won't be an issue. I thought you were going to have a public beta type thing but now that you said closed beta I'd rather be safe than sorry. So if you still have some spare spots and are going to do a "closed beta" please keep me in mind.
Sarah Bishop

Post » Tue Aug 18, 2009 10:51 pm

@Jonny_Evil - What you describe would be a mod in itself. :)
I had no plans on adding cybernetic implants. The realism controls should be good enough for controlling the chips for any player. The chips will improve an ability point just like in the original fallout games.

@PR0 6AM3R - Your very observant. I thought I had buried that bit deep in a reply and made it sound inocculous. :))
Perhaps.
Del Arte

Post » Tue Aug 18, 2009 7:09 am

If you were to have a closed beta, who would you include?
James Shaw

Post » Tue Aug 18, 2009 11:28 am

Probably one or two people.

UPDATE
I am close to getting the simulator terminal to work correctly now.
I just need to add a 'Load Program' menu. I am not sure I like the way it is now. Perhaps change the 'Execute Program' to 'Load Program' instead.

I have also tested a script that puts the simulator weapons back to their starting positions when you enter the trigger zone. So, if they get knocked off the table or blasted off, they will go back where they belong.
nath

PreviousNext

Return to Fallout 3