[WIP]Experimental Vault 64

Post » Tue Aug 18, 2009 2:28 pm

Only one or two people? Uh-oh. I just had a feeling that I am not good enough to get top two. That's pretty high :( Oh well, I can wait till it comes out.
Soku Nyorah

Post » Tue Aug 18, 2009 7:45 pm

@PR0 6AM3R - Your very observant. I thought I had buried that bit deep in a reply and made it sound inocculous. :))
Perhaps.

All the more reason to have me Beta test. :P

Have you been able to get the projector working? If not I think I may have a solution:
Simply create as many desired projectors as you have slides. Attach single, unanimated pictures where the slides were, and then enable and disable them while playing the sound effect to make it believable. Should that not work, simply place a single projector down that plays the sound every X seconds and create a flat, thin (think along the lines of regular paper) objects to place your slides as textures on them and enable/disable based on the X second rate set beforehand. This should solve the problem quickly and easily.

Hope I helped. :)
Far'ed K.G.h.m

Post » Tue Aug 18, 2009 10:41 pm

The projector works fine, so far. But its only the Welcome and Vault Tech loop right now. The Welcome replaces the GECK screen. I will eventually make a message loop with sound. I assume I can do it using scripts and playgroup with playsound.

If you get a PM from me when I am ready, then you will know you have been picked for a beta test. You can then choose to ignore or accept the request. But I am not at that point yet, so don't go looking...

I still have a number of issues to work through before that can happen.
My plan right now is to finish up the scripts for the Police station and arena simulation. Then work on the Home Town scripts.
Far'ed K.G.h.m

Post » Tue Aug 18, 2009 10:11 am

ok just found this thread on a random crawl through the forums and all i can say is HOLY THERMO-NUCLEAR WARHEADS, BATMAN (lol) i just got ot the part of closed beta and was like ...wtf...no fair.. i so want in on that
Phillip Brunyee

Post » Tue Aug 18, 2009 10:58 am

williesea, how about a quest where the simulation malfunctions, while you are in it, so you must complete a mission in all simulations before bieng able to exit, like fight ghouls in the arena, solve a mystery in the home town, run the obstacle coarse in a certin amount of time, and clear out a building before radiation kills you.

once again, only a suggestion

and if ever you need help with beta testing, it would be a definate pleasure
Jesus Duran

Post » Tue Aug 18, 2009 11:59 am

If you get a PM from me when I am ready, then you will know you have been picked for a beta test. You can then choose to ignore or accept the request. But I am not at that point yet, so don't go looking...

I still have a number of issues to work through before that can happen.
My plan right now is to finish up the scripts for the Police station and arena simulation. Then work on the Home Town scripts.

Cooleo, might make me start actually checking my email for a change to see if I get a PM. :P

Have you dumped the whole beach simulation thing because I noticed that you havn't mentioned it in a while...? :(
Helen Quill

Post » Tue Aug 18, 2009 8:31 am

Will this mod need FOSE?
Alexis Estrada

Post » Tue Aug 18, 2009 8:55 pm

Will this mod need FOSE?

probably from what ive read
Becky Cox

Post » Tue Aug 18, 2009 11:08 am

You never cease to amaze me WillieSea, your oblivion mods are classics and now it looks like this will be one of the first classics for FO3. Thanks and good luck!!
matt white

Post » Tue Aug 18, 2009 4:10 pm

williesea, how about a quest where the simulation malfunctions, while you are in it, so you must complete a mission in all simulations before bieng able to exit, like fight ghouls in the arena, solve a mystery in the home town, run the obstacle coarse in a certin amount of time, and clear out a building before radiation kills you.

Good suggestions. But not something I want to do, at least to all of them. The place is already difficult enough on the player. LOL

Have you dumped the whole beach simulation thing because I noticed that you havn't mentioned it in a while...? :(

The beach will probably become an obstacle course instead. The lousy trees in the sky and the vanishing water layer on cell boundries was the cause for this.

Will this mod need FOSE?

No. Absolutely Not! Never.

All this mod will require is that you have the fallout 3 game. Nothing more.
Some people think you need the extension programs to do fancy stuff, but you don't if your creative.
Daniel Lozano

Post » Tue Aug 18, 2009 2:40 pm

and really REALLY ...REALLY good with the geck
Claire Vaux

Post » Tue Aug 18, 2009 10:15 am

and has the intelligence and the creativity of both a scientist and an artist.
combined.

ah, so many chemicals have been contaminated with paint,
what will we do with these people :tops: :foodndrink:
Lyndsey Bird

Post » Tue Aug 18, 2009 2:57 pm

Heh, yeah. Don't forget plenty of spare time and a willingness to try things over and over and over again until it works the way you want it. I guess that would be patience which is a must for a good modder. :)

I am almost done with all the signs. Its tedious work but will have a huge payoff in the end as the result looks really good. I currently have 46 different location signs. Each placed in multiple locations since the vault is so big.
Natalie Harvey

Post » Tue Aug 18, 2009 3:41 pm

Heh, yeah. Don't forget plenty of spare time and a willingness to try things over and over and over again until it works the way you want it. I guess that would be patience which is a must for a good modder. :)

I am almost done with all the signs. Its tedious work but will have a huge payoff in the end as the result looks really good. I currently have 46 different location signs. Each placed in multiple locations since the vault is so big.

Wow.... 46 new signs... Must be taking a while... Willie quick question, with your Arena will you have a balcony like area to watch the creatures fight and will you have some different creatures than just ghouls? Also are you going to make it similar to your Ancient Towers fighting arena with the corpse removal lever and such?
kennedy

Post » Tue Aug 18, 2009 7:48 am

In 'this' arena, there are two balconies. But, the ghouls can go anywhere, so that will not be a good place to hide.
This is a battle arena and the only thing that spawns are three types of Ghoul, and they are not aggressive to each other, so there will be no in-fighting.
After a ghoul dies, within 3 seconds it will slowly vanish and then be marked for deletion by the game engine, effectively cleaning up the arena for you.

The Home Town simulation will be where you can summon any type of creature. They will be aggressive to each other depending on the game default factions.
The same vanishing act happens to these creatures on death as well.
And there is no looting of corpses. But, if they drop a weapon, well, its yours... Not much I can do about that. Think of it as your reward...
Eileen Müller

Post » Tue Aug 18, 2009 11:36 am

what about the simulation deletion process in anchorage.
where they dissapear in a shimmering flash
are you adding that or making your own affect
maddison

Post » Tue Aug 18, 2009 10:23 pm

That effect would be cool.
Hazel Sian ogden

Post » Tue Aug 18, 2009 10:30 am

what about the simulation deletion process in anchorage.
where they dissapear in a shimmering flash
are you adding that or making your own affect

I don't have OA and do not plan on making that a requirement for this mod. That would severely limit the usability of this mod.
Like I said, I make them slowly vanish, within 3 seconds they 'fade' from view. I like the effect. (where fade == transparency levels)

I am close to getting the signs finished. whew!
Robert Devlin

Post » Tue Aug 18, 2009 9:14 pm

Is the vanishing just going to be a plain vanishing or an effect like the alien blaster or laser rifle crit. Also 46 new signs is a crazy amount, is it not tedious to make that many?
Bryanna Vacchiano

Post » Tue Aug 18, 2009 8:14 am

That really looks promising. Kudos for not using the DLCs since that would limit users who won't/can't have access to the new content.
Nicholas

Post » Tue Aug 18, 2009 4:49 pm

The dead creature fading is a script, not an effect. There will be no distracting light effects as they fade from the simulation. I might change this to one of the weapon death effects, not sure. I sort of like it plain.

The signs are finally finished. There are 46 different signs, but each can be used multiple times. And there are 2 pieces to each sign. And the text has to be placed at an angle to the sign since the sign itself is angled. Its a lot of work, but its finally done.
The signs:
Main Entrance, Administration, Control Booth, Conference Room, < Exit, Exit >, Recreation, Quarters, < Overseers Office, Overseers Office >, < Restroom, Restroom >, < Security, Security >, Systems Room, Computer Room, Weapon Storage, Armor Storage, Overseers Suite, Materialization, Atrium, Diner, Theater, Meeting Room, Control Room, Reactor, Private Quarters, Operations, Overseer Office, Clinic, Garden Atrium, Surgery, Lower Level, Upper Level, Skills Training, Filter Room, Barber Shop, General Store, Mechanic Shop, Plastic Surgery, Simulator Pod, Shops, Patient Recovery, Manufacturing, Shooting Range, Detention.

And, I could end up making some more.

New Picture:
http://i97.photobucket.com/albums/l237/WillieSea/ExpV64052.jpg
Catherine N

Post » Tue Aug 18, 2009 5:18 pm

I can see how that would be distracting. It would catch my eye for half a second, then a swarm a feral gouls would swamp me.
Heather Stewart

Post » Tue Aug 18, 2009 9:39 pm

I know that it might be a stupid Q, but when do you expect this to be finish?
MR.BIGG

Post » Tue Aug 18, 2009 4:51 pm

You Are Amazing! Love the pictures. I have also noticed you are always willing to help others with scripting questions. Glad you are here, and look forward to your work.
Just for laughs you should make one of the Oxygen tanks NO2 with a fade to black script if activated. LOL

On a serious note - I wish someone with your skill would create a machine shop (something more than a repair bench. Would be great to upgrade your weapons on a lathe or milling machine. Have the lathe turn a barrel reducing spread, increasing damage, increasing range. Have the milling machine have a zone that would increaase your repair ability and increase your weapons durability or some other aspect. On second thought, maybe a heat treat furnice would be better for the weapon durability enhancement. Of course you would have to find the tooling to make the equipment work
(dies, fixtures, bits, and other cutting tools - Now what did those wacky scientists do with them?)
Anyway, looking forward to exploring your vault.
Sun of Sammy

Post » Tue Aug 18, 2009 2:53 pm

Hm, you can take a guess if you look at the wip section :). Anyway...i'd say...it's done when it's done! :P

I can't wait for the release, this Vault is amazing! Just a minor request:What about some sort of vault alert, that you can enable over the terminals? Like in Vault 101, in the quest trouble on the homefront. Would be cool minor feature :P
Sophie Louise Edge

PreviousNext

Return to Fallout 3