Fake Patch (Thread #3, for real)

Post » Tue Aug 25, 2009 8:57 pm

Oh, duh. When I read over the readme on the first page I skipped the "If you have both The Pitt and Operation: Anchorage:" part because I dont have them both, which is the part that explained it lol.

Thanks for clarifying it, its working now.

Edit: The only experience I really have with any sort of IT or coding is some web design, so I wasnt sure if I could just rename any of the BSAs in case there was some file reference in something somewhere other than the Fallout.ini. Which is why I asked to double check, in case there was an .ini in the BSA itself sort of thing.
u gone see

Post » Wed Aug 26, 2009 1:49 am

Here's http://download836.mediafire.com/i6mn55nmzweg/vzmtg2ugmuz/RemapWaterType.7z Plug it in after you enter Jefferson Memorial but before you activate Project Purity. As it turns out, the new function is necessary for it to be done w/o a separate plugin editing the worldspace records, activated in a timely manner.

Also, here's a http://download635.mediafire.com/45e2o54zd1cg/gmzkbfwvjqe/BS+Deleted+REFS.7z which undeletes, adds/removes "initially disabled" parent markers to/from the 34 "deleted' REF's in BrokenSteel.ESM. Just in case they cause anyone grief.
Suzie Dalziel

Post » Wed Aug 26, 2009 3:56 am

Here's http://download836.mediafire.com/i6mn55nmzweg/vzmtg2ugmuz/RemapWaterType.7z Plug it in after you enter Jefferson Memorial but before you activate Project Purity. As it turns out, the new function is necessary for it to be done w/o a separate plugin editing the worldspace records.

Also, here's a http://download635.mediafire.com/45e2o54zd1cg/gmzkbfwvjqe/BS+Deleted+REFS.7z which undeletes, adds/removes "initially disabled" parent markers to/from the 34 deleted REF's in BrokenSteel.ESM. Just in case they cause anyone grief.

Downloaded, but what do they do? the descriptions are a tad vague...
Donatus Uwasomba

Post » Wed Aug 26, 2009 12:40 am

Downloaded, but what do they do? the descriptions are a tad vague...
The new function is commented out of the quest script and the same changes are applied in a different manner, so the new DLC03TBCleanWater is seen when the plugin's active in the seven instances where RemapWaterType swaps DLC03TBPotomacWater for DLC03TBCleanWater. Unfortunately, the transition can't be seamless as we'll have to save, activate the plugin, wrap up "Take it Back", then proceed. FOSE is our best hope for a seamless purification, but this will work for now. I could be wrong about the timing as I haven't yet played through BS. I'd thought the water could be swapped out with a script, but the affected water records aren't refs but part of the cell records of the edited worldspace group. The undeleting of ref's just might help BS' stability. Haven't read any "Circle of Death" type threads yet, but if it happens, it's probably over one of those "deleted" refs.
brian adkins

Post » Tue Aug 25, 2009 9:45 pm

The new function is commented out of the quest script and the same changes are applied in a different manner, so the new DLC03TBCleanWater is seen when the plugin's active in the seven instances where RemapWaterType swaps DLC03TBPotomacWater for DLC03TBCleanWater. Unfortunately, the transition can't be seamless as we'll have to save, wrap up "Take it Back", activate the plugin, then proceed, but maybe FOSE is our best hope. I'd thought the water could be swapped out with a script, but the affected water records aren't refs but part of the cell records of the edited worldspace group. The undeleting of ref's just might help BS' stability. Haven't read any "Circle of Death" type threads yet, but if it happens, it's probably over one of those "deleted" refs.

Ah, okay. I'm still a few days from doing take it back (taking it slow) so hopefully there will be a fose fix by then. This will be my "Just in case"
Chloe Botham

Post » Wed Aug 26, 2009 9:16 am

Description is quite crisp actually.
The former patches BS to comment a script line.
And the later undeletes and disables a few deleted things to avoid woes not unlike the ones we got with the first release of the pitt. Activate if you get mystical crashes when walking around.
Carlitos Avila

Post » Wed Aug 26, 2009 7:36 am

I have a couple of questions.

I installed the 1.5 patch without knowing any better. Will my 1.5 savegames be compatible if I re-install and use Fake Patch?

Also, if I uninstall Fallout 3, will I have to re-download the DLC packs I've already got installed?
Neliel Kudoh

Post » Wed Aug 26, 2009 6:48 am

I installed the 1.5 patch without knowing any better. Will my 1.5 savegames be compatible if I re-install and use Fake Patch?

Also, if I uninstall Fallout 3, will I have to re-download the DLC packs I've already got installed?

Don't know about 1.5, but my 1.4 game worked fine after reinstalling and switching to Fake Patch.
jaideep singh

Post » Wed Aug 26, 2009 12:37 pm

Is there any issues without doing a reinstall and just reverting to the 1.0015 exe and using the fake patch. My game loads up find and VATS seems fully functional but I am wondering if there is anything that may not be working without doing a reninstall and just using the older exe instead of the 1.5 exe.
Bedford White

Post » Wed Aug 26, 2009 5:47 am

The new function is commented out of the quest script and the same changes are applied in a different manner, so the new DLC03TBCleanWater is seen when the plugin's active in the seven instances where RemapWaterType swaps DLC03TBPotomacWater for DLC03TBCleanWater. Unfortunately, the transition can't be seamless as we'll have to save, activate the plugin, wrap up "Take it Back", then proceed. FOSE is our best hope for a seamless purification, but this will work for now. I could be wrong about the timing as I haven't yet played through BS. I'd thought the water could be swapped out with a script, but the affected water records aren't refs but part of the cell records of the edited worldspace group. The undeleting of ref's just might help BS' stability. Haven't read any "Circle of Death" type threads yet, but if it happens, it's probably over one of those "deleted" refs.

Yeah, that's the classic Morrowind/Oblivion setup for the water, a level for each cell. Placeable water volumes are a new (and very welcome) thing in FO3. :)

I've made the proposition to the FOSE team concerning the possibility of a non-v1.5 water type swap command.

Odd... We modders learned our lesson not to delete refs back in the Oblivion days.
alyssa ALYSSA

Post » Wed Aug 26, 2009 8:40 am

• Yes
  • No

Don't know about 1.5, but my 1.4 game worked fine after reinstalling and switching to Fake Patch.
1.0.0.15 Fallout3.ESM works best with a matching ESM. The exe will work with other varaint ESM's but with a few issues.
Is there any issues without doing a reinstall and just reverting to the 1.0015 exe and using the fake patch. My game loads up find and VATS seems fully functional but I am wondering if there is anything that may not be working without doing a reninstall and just using the older exe instead of the 1.5 exe.
I haven't played with a 1.5 ESM, but again, I've found it's best to use a matching .exe/ESM pair.
Susan

Post » Wed Aug 26, 2009 2:01 am

Thanks for the info. Guess I'll be using Fake Patch from now on, then.

Kudos to you for the work you're doing. If only the folks making the official patches had such dedication!
Natalie Harvey

Post » Wed Aug 26, 2009 8:13 am

Just noticed Moriarty, Cromwell, and Jericho are missing.

Using player.moveto command I discovered they are alive and well in the void near springvale high. I thought this issue was squashed with Fake patch or is my load order incorrect?

Fallout3.esmFakepatch.esmAnchorage.esmCALIBR.esmFOOK.esmMart's Mutant Mod.esmVATS_Normal_dmg_to_player.espUnofficial Fallout 3 Patch.espUnofficial Fallout 3 Patch - Operation Anchorage.espFast VATS 2.espCHN-FastBullets_withTracers.espShellRain.espAltered View Distance.espROTS3.espBlackWolf Backpack.espBlackWolf Backpack - Vendor Script Replenish.espZap-Away.esptelescope_quest_fdt.espDK_BulletTime.espCherryBombLocks.espFOOK.espFOOK - Owned!.espFOOK - Free Play After MQ.espFOOK - Tougher Enemies.espFOOK - Additional Power Armor Training.espFOOK - Reduced Armor Boni.espMart's Mutant Mod.espMart's Mutant Mod - Natural Selection.espMart's Mutant Mod - Increased Spawns.espMart's Mutant Mod - Zones Respawn.espMart's Mutant Mod - No Corpse Flies.espMart's Mutant Mod - No Geckos.espMart's Mutant Mod - Tougher Traders.espMart's Mutant Mod - FOOK.espMrSlackPants-Explosions.espMrSlackPants-DecentPipBoyLight.espMAXdog.espHeadshot_Balance.espAuto Aim Fix v1.1.espbltc.espbltcNCA.espBurnification.espSlower Levelling - extremely slow.espTotal active plugins: 42Total plugins: 45

CxvIII

Post » Wed Aug 26, 2009 8:01 am

well, got a workaround i got my original exe file v1.0 and replaced it with the 1.5 version. i updated to 1.4 and everything works fine with fake patch
Hannah Whitlock

Post » Wed Aug 26, 2009 7:07 am

I tries to install the 1.0.0.15 patch and the installation crashed on me. No explanation or error indication, just the (doesn't respond) message and "Windows is searching for a solution" garbage. Had to install the 1.4, but haven't played to find out whether it works or not :unsure:

offtopic:
geck 1.5 works like a breeze though. Small victories.

Acolyte appriciates small victories, mainly because he understands as far as this subject goes... big victories are few and far between...
Jerry Jr. Ortiz

Post » Wed Aug 26, 2009 2:57 am

Hmm, not sure what I've done wrong, but whenever I launch the game I get a pink screen instead of the main menu and then it crashes. This was after editing the Fallout.ini with the changes listed above. Any help?

Edit: Oops, silly me, I accidentally misnamed the Fallout - Textures.bsa, so it wasn't loading it. Har har.
Nymph

Post » Wed Aug 26, 2009 1:13 am

Description is quite crisp actually.
The former patches BS to comment a script line.
And the later undeletes and disables a few deleted things to avoid woes not unlike the ones we got with the first release of the pitt. Activate if you get mystical crashes when walking around.

I wasn't thinking and I have been getting those mystical crashes last night when I was playing BS. Since it was late I didn't even think of that.

I would like to add not to have any NPC Enclave Commander followers in there with you at a certain point *nudge nudge*
Spoiler
Particularly after Daddy dies and Dr Li is trying to open that door.

Quick Draw III

Post » Tue Aug 25, 2009 11:19 pm

Does leveling above 20 in BS with Fake Patch work?
Devin Sluis

Post » Wed Aug 26, 2009 2:59 am

Yes. BrokeSteel.ESM edits the iMaxCharacterLevel GMST just like many user made mods.
Austin Suggs

Post » Wed Aug 26, 2009 9:37 am

It should. The only thing the fake patch does is fix the need for the 1.5 patch and the function that is added.
Josh Sabatini

Post » Wed Aug 26, 2009 8:16 am

1.0.0.15 Fallout3.ESM works best with a matching ESM. The exe will work with other varaint ESM's but with a few issues.I haven't played with a 1.5 ESM, but again, I've found it's best to use a matching .exe/ESM pair.

What kind of issues?
Chris Jones

Post » Tue Aug 25, 2009 8:21 pm

if i already have 1.4 do i have to go reinstall and go back to 1.0 or can i run fake patch with 1.4 and get the fast vats and other features they removed?

1.4 works great on my system and is incredibly stable but i miss the older features that fake patch brings

also does anyone know if fook mod works with the new patch'\
ashleigh bryden

Post » Tue Aug 25, 2009 8:14 pm

if i already have 1.4 do i have to go reinstall and go back to 1.0 or can i run fake patch with 1.4 and get the fast vats and other features they removed?

1.4 works great on my system and is incredibly stable but i miss the older features that fake patch brings

also does anyone know if fook mod works with the new patch'\

Read the OP, please, and use some deduction to get your answer.
Riky Carrasco

Post » Wed Aug 26, 2009 5:20 am

alright thanks, i installed 1.5 just to see if my fallout 3 would crash but it didnt, it ran fine. The only mods i have are fook and xfo mod. One thing is that my fomm doesn't work now, i have to use the fallout 3 launcher now.

Fallout3.esm
FOOK.esm
CALIBR.esm
FOOK.esp
FOOK - Tougher Enemies.esp
FOOK - Additional Power Armor Training.esp
FOOK - Reduced Armor Boni.esp
DAV_lesscaps.esp
LessBouncyGrenades.esp
WSG Improved.esp
XFO_rarity_ammo_mild_FOOK.esp
XFO_rarity_drugs_med.esp
XFO_Weapskill_accuracy_notdmg_med.esp
XFO_barter_fix_harder.esp
XFO_Timescale_med.esp
XFO_Speed_increase.esp
XFO_Playstyles.esp
XFO_SPECIAL_DnD.esp
XFO_Immersion_nomsgs_sneak.esp
XFO_food_water_changes.esp
XFO_Cripple_fixes.esp
XFO_Degradation_fixes.esp
XFO_Karma_changes.esp
XFO_Stat_changes.esp
XFO_misc_tweaks.esp
Slower Levelling - extremely slow - LITE.esp

Total active plugins: 26
Total plugins: 28
Alexxxxxx

Post » Wed Aug 26, 2009 12:43 pm

I just wanted to update since this has to do with the Fake patch AND Broken Steel. I would advise to save often (even more when and before entering project purity)
Spoiler
as Sarah does not always follow you when inside AND when you are in the control room. This part is very buggy and you will kick yourself if you don't save often as I had to reload 3 times before she followed me.

Update: It seems like you may need the 1.5 patch.
Spoiler
I have just done the purifier and the end credits roll. You then wake up and if you press E you hear yourself gag and that's about it.
Going to play a few more minutes and see if the content won't continue.
Tai Scott

PreviousNext

Return to Fallout 3