[RELz] Fake Patch v_1.4.0.6 (Thread #2)

Post » Fri Aug 21, 2009 4:41 am

Considering the new patch (1.5) breaks the game even further than all the previous patches as far as modding goes, is this Fake Patch going to be updated to 1.5 too until if/when (unlikely) Beth actually fixes these major issues?

All the changes listed in v1.5 appear to be based in the executable and not in the Fallout3 ESM, so probably no new version will be made.
Chenae Butler

Post » Thu Aug 20, 2009 11:18 pm

so that means that the 1.4 fake patch with bethseda's broken 1.5 patch?
natalie mccormick

Post » Fri Aug 21, 2009 5:58 am

The most recent patch has finally been enough for me to revert to v1.0.15 and use Fake Patch, so I just wanted to say thanks for working on this JustinOther!

P.S. Ok, this is my real reason for posting - your inbox is full so I can't send you my latest reply until you empty it

Cipscis
David John Hunter

Post » Fri Aug 21, 2009 9:37 am

Indeed.
Natalie J Webster

Post » Fri Aug 21, 2009 3:30 am

Considering the new patch (1.5) breaks the game even further than all the previous patches as far as modding goes, is this Fake Patch going to be updated to 1.5 too until if/when (unlikely) Beth actually fixes these major issues?
From what I've gathered, all of the changes are in the .exe and not the .esm, but I'll still check it soo and if there are any edits at all, I'll add them and update. I've been really busy of late and just haven't checked yet.
Hey, at least there's more achievements.

Same as it ever was with Fake Patch. We'll have to consolidate our DLC .bsa's onto a conglomerate DLC archive, unpack DLC .bsa(s), or condense their names and add said shortened names to our sArchiveList= entries, but we'll be the only ones able to target grenades thrown by those new Feral Ghouls.

I wonder if we could twist Timeslip's arm to make an automated DLC archive merging function for FOMM? :o

The most recent patch has finally been enough for me to revert to v1.0.15 and use Fake Patch, so I just wanted to say thanks for working on this JustinOther!

P.S. Ok, this is my real reason for posting - your inbox is full so I can't send you my latest reply until you empty it

Cipscis
Glad it's proving useful. :)
Horror- Puppe

Post » Fri Aug 21, 2009 5:48 am

I reverted as well. 1.5 was a deal breaker for me. I am enjoying the lag free VATS combat!

Everything appears to be working fine. A quick question.

What exactly do I lose by using the fake patch? ( besides achievements which I've never been a fan of )

Ironically the game appears to be running smoother i.e. cell loads. This is after having reinstalled the game numerous times recently and with the fake patch and 1.0.0.15 I notice a difference.
Judy Lynch

Post » Fri Aug 21, 2009 9:44 am

Thanks the fake patch 1.4.0.6.....

I have notice the official 1.5 has even more broken than ever,
even more "new" bug be found,
fake patch is indeed essential way to bypass.
Joanne Crump

Post » Fri Aug 21, 2009 12:15 am

No one can help me? I have reinstalled F3 again and I have just installed 1.4 patch and every texture mod is working fine. Then I uninstalled it and reinstalled yet again but this time with fake patch - some texture mods aren't working. This time the pip-boy is working ok, Megaton/Rivet City is ok, but FOOK's textures aren't.

How is it possible that some texture mods aren't working for me with this fake patch? With the 1.4 patch everything was working perfectly... but I want the fake patch to work too. :(

Cheers.
Nikki Hype

Post » Fri Aug 21, 2009 3:54 am

No one can help me? I have reinstalled F3 again and I have just installed 1.4 patch and every texture mod is working fine. Then I uninstalled it and reinstalled yet again but this time with fake patch - some texture mods aren't working. This time the pip-boy is working ok, Megaton/Rivet City is ok, but FOOK's textures aren't.

How is it possible that some texture mods aren't working for me with this fake patch? With the 1.4 patch everything was working perfectly... but I want the fake patch to work too. :(

Cheers.

Do you use FOMM.
Richus Dude

Post » Fri Aug 21, 2009 5:32 am

Do you use FOMM.

Yes I use FOMM and latest FOSE if that changes anything. :)
Yvonne

Post » Thu Aug 20, 2009 10:25 pm

I just wanted to thank you for this "fake patch", JustinOther. I rolled back my install and am using it now, and it feels like an absolute upgrade. :twirl:

Thanks for taking the time to create and support this.
Darlene Delk

Post » Fri Aug 21, 2009 12:47 am

Cheers.

Just to make sure, you did reapply the Archive Invalidation Invalidated! (or one of others?), correct?
Siidney

Post » Fri Aug 21, 2009 5:50 am

Just to make sure, you did reapply the Archive Invalidation Invalidated! (or one of others?), correct?

edit: Jesus Christ, I have read your post about the AII wrong. I have NOT reapplied it.

I have checked now, when I launched the AII it asked me again to activate it. Did it and now every texture replacement is working.

I'm sooo sorry, I feel like a complete moron right now. :facepalm: :facepalm:

Everything seems to be working fine now. Once again, I'm soo sorry and thank you for your help!

Cheers.
Abel Vazquez

Post » Thu Aug 20, 2009 10:30 pm

Hehe, no problems m8. ;)

Good to hear its working now. :foodndrink:
Rachel Hall

Post » Fri Aug 21, 2009 5:20 am

Cheers.
:foodndrink:
I just wanted to thank you for this "fake patch", JustinOther. I rolled back my install and am using it now, and it feels like an absolute upgrade. :twirl:

Thanks for taking the time to create and support this.
Glad it's helped. :)
Devils Cheek

Post » Fri Aug 21, 2009 11:12 am

Thanks, JustinOther! It looks like the usefulness of the Fake (real?) Patch is far from spent.

:thumbsup:
joannARRGH

Post » Fri Aug 21, 2009 9:22 am

Hehe, no problems m8. ;)

Good to hear its working now. :foodndrink:

Thank you. I'm very happy now.

You won't believe this but I found out why any of the pip-boy retexture mods weren't working. If I want to play with my x360 controller and I enable it in the menu - boom, no pip-boy textures. While disabled everything is working fine.

I have absolutely no idea what gamepad has to do with pip-boy textures but there you have it. Source of my problems. :shrug:
He got the

Post » Fri Aug 21, 2009 1:23 am

There are separate texture for when you use a controller... (shows left and right bumper next to the buttons)

Anyway, it's official.

Bethesda has failed me. I read a message from GStaff saying that they aren't responsible if a patch breaks mods, as they are not supported by them. As such, if we want to be compatible, we need to make all references persistent in our mods.

THIS. Is officially an outrage. So, I am officially switching to fake patch.

...now to start uninstalling >.<

It's a shame too... as I really wanted those follower upgrades...
Jonathan Egan

Post » Thu Aug 20, 2009 9:07 pm

Thank you, JustinOther, for your exellent work. Seems to me- I need this fake patch now, cos I don't want anymore make deal with exellent (with all respect and all things) Beth support. But before I begin, I want to receive some answers, cos I totally moronish in many things.
So:
1. In the description I read: "Also, FOMM has a date changing function." How it works? And where it is? If I drag'n'drop esm-s and esp-s in the mod's list, will it be enough?
2. Is fake patch and fallout 3 1.0... compatable with latest version of unofficial F3 patch? What I must make with UF3P's BSA? Must include it to the fallout ini (SArchiveList) or not?
3. About 255 character limit. Is Little Boy utility handle this problem, or 255 character limit is unavoidable? I foreseen the worst.
OK, in this case I can rename ArchiveInvalidationInvalidated!.bsa and Unofficial Fallout 3 Patch.bsa to AI.bsa and UF3P.bsa, and make changes in SArchiveList of fallout3.ini. Will it be enough?
4. In the description I read:
"If ever you download a mod which contains a new .bsa, you must either extract its contents to Fallout3\Data with FOMM"
That semms to me as workaround to the "255" problem. Can I make it with any BSA? With DLC-s BSA too?
In which directory I must extract all context? Name of the directory must be the same as name of the BSA?
And I will in no need to add entry to fallout ini?
Thank you for your work and sorry for my english.
Andrew Perry

Post » Thu Aug 20, 2009 10:11 pm

3. About 255 character limit. Is Little Boy utility handle this problem, or 255 character limit is unavoidable? I foreseen the worst.
OK, in this case I can rename ArchiveInvalidationInvalidated!.bsa and Unofficial Fallout 3 Patch.bsa to AI.bsa and UF3P.bsa, and make changes in SArchiveList of fallout3.ini. Will it be enough?

No, there is no work around. it has to be under 255 characters.

renaming is perfectly fine though.

I, personally, have all my bsa files using only 3 character names (for example: ArchiveInvalidationInvalidated!.bsa = AII.bsa etc...)
Roanne Bardsley

Post » Thu Aug 20, 2009 9:46 pm

Thank you for the responce.
OK, I'm ready, wish me luck :)
Cathrine Jack

Post » Thu Aug 20, 2009 9:28 pm

Thank you for the responce.
OK, I'm ready, wish me luck :)

If you rename the official fallout bsas, you need to edit the ini to reflect that.

Example (this is what me [Archive] section of my ini looks like):

[Archive]SMasterMiscArchiveFileName=Fm.bsaSMasterVoicesArchiveFileName1=Fv.bsaSMasterVoicesArchiveFileName2=Fmv.bsaSMasterSoundsArchiveFileName=Fs.bsaSMasterTexturesArchiveFileName1=Ft.bsaSMasterMeshesArchiveFileName=Fme.bsaSInvalidationFile=iRetainFilenameOffsetTable=1iRetainFilenameStringTable=1iRetainDirectoryStringTable=1bCheckRuntimeCollisions=0bInvalidateOlderFiles=1bUseArchives=1SArchiveList=AII.bsa, Fm.bsa, Fme.bsa, Fmv.bsa, Fs.bsa, Ft.bsa, Fv.bsa, OAm.bsa, OAs.bsa, TPm.bsa, TPs.bsa, UFP.bsa

Roisan Sweeney

Post » Fri Aug 21, 2009 7:08 am

Again thank you- I remember about what SArchiveList editing is not enough, but forgot details.
Ebou Suso

Post » Fri Aug 21, 2009 11:43 am

Is it impossible to use Anchorage without FOSE using Fake Patch? It seems I only get a radio message when FOSE is installed.

nvm- just shifted my load order and Anchorage appears to be working without FOSE.
Heather Kush

Post » Fri Aug 21, 2009 4:25 am

Again thank you- I remember about what SArchiveList editing is not enough, but forgot details.

Here is a good guide on condensing the names of the BSAs, you should take a look at it if you haven't seen it already:

http://www.gamesas.com/bgsforums/index.php?showtopic=984580&hl=

;)
~Amy~

PreviousNext

Return to Fallout 3