[RELz] Fake Patch v_1.4.0.6 (Thread #2)

Post » Fri Aug 21, 2009 5:54 am

Hm. It was already there. Still have the problem.

Hey, I just read something elsewhere...

1: Are these textures a replacer?

2: If not, do they have an associated "*_sk.dds" file with them? I read that this texture may be involved in the skin toning system.
Kelsey Hall

Post » Thu Aug 20, 2009 9:53 pm

ill probably try your method next. so your not actually using the "fake patch" but instead your own method similar to JustinOther's? good to know.

thanks for the info

I don't think that is accurate.
alyssa ALYSSA

Post » Fri Aug 21, 2009 1:25 am

I don't think that is accurate.

I don't get it. How is me asking him a question not accurate? He said that he is not using the esm file provided here; therefore he is not using the 'Fake Patch' and simply just replacing the exe.

Care to elaborate on that?
Kayleigh Mcneil

Post » Fri Aug 21, 2009 9:44 am

I tried using the 1.0.0.15 exe ontop of a 1.4.0.6 installation. Unfortunetly, the ammo press stopped working as soon as I did this. for some reason, without the 1.4.0.6 exe the ammo press does not work (for me at least).

im curious as to why it would work on your system and continue to break the ammo press on mine.
Danny Blight

Post » Fri Aug 21, 2009 7:43 am

im curious as to why it would work on your system and continue to break the ammo press on mine.

Here's how I setup my game:
1. Update to 1.0.0.15, backup the exe.
2. Update to 1.4.0.6, replace the exe with 1.0.0.15's.
3. Install FOMM, FOSE v1.1 beta2, and 1.0.0.15 support DLL.
4. Put two DLCs' esm+bsa files under Data folder.
5. Disable GFWL with Quarn's GFWL disabler.
6. Register DLCs' bsa files in the INI.
7. Launch the game+FOSE with FOMM, load order: Fallout3.esm > Anchorage.esm > ThePitt.esm > (mods)
8. Load a save and prepare to get the two DLC radio signals.

Unrelated-to-topic finding:
If I use both DLCs' esm files, there will be a scripted scene error (at least I found one): The first guard in downtown keeps playing "punching/kicking" anims and slides away instead of killing the three slaves. If I only use ThePitt.esm, the scripted scene runs fine. Hmm, weird. :\
EDIT: Ok, it seems loading ThePitt.esm before Anchorage.esm can prevent such a bug....
LuCY sCoTT

Post » Fri Aug 21, 2009 5:18 am

Hey, I'd just like to know, does this unofficial patch work with the Polish/English version of the game? As a matter of fact, does the game version make any difference at all?
Jade Payton

Post » Fri Aug 21, 2009 4:01 am

Depends if it's a non-english version of the game. I think the worst that could happen is you would get bits of English in your Polish because the affected names aren't translated.
Facebook me

Post » Thu Aug 20, 2009 9:06 pm

Cool, thanks a lot!

I play in English, but this version of the game was published by Cenega, a Polish company. The trick is, they never released a 1.4 for this particular game version, so right now, there is no way for me to run OA and the Pitt simultaneously. Maybe this patch will provide a solution!
Kevin Jay

Post » Fri Aug 21, 2009 2:47 am

Cool, thanks a lot!

I play in English, but this version of the game was published by Cenega, a Polish company. The trick is, they never released a 1.4 for this particular game version, so right now, there is no way for me to run OA and the Pitt simultaneously. Maybe this patch will provide a solution!
You should be able to play both of them without 1.1/1.4 if you extract the contents of your DLC .bsa's into your Data folder w/ FOMM or if you have your sArchiveList set up right.
Evaa

Post » Thu Aug 20, 2009 9:37 pm

If I do the 1.4 upgrade and use the 1.0.0.15 exe trick and it doesn't work, can I still use the Fake Patch to fix anything?

Right now I have a character that can't level up, everytime I go to level up and click DONE the game just dies,
and I have to Shift+Alt+k to close it.

So I was wondering if I updated to 1.4 and used the old exe if this might allow that character to level
Solina971

Post » Thu Aug 20, 2009 11:51 pm

I'd just like to thank JustinOther for this wonderful little addon to the community. I'm able to line up shots towards more then one foe now, and that my friends, is a godsend when you have Feral Ghoul Rampage on, and don't want to lose people.
Juanita Hernandez

Post » Fri Aug 21, 2009 2:41 am

If I do the 1.4 upgrade and use the 1.0.0.15 exe trick and it doesn't work, can I still use the Fake Patch to fix anything?

Right now I have a character that can't level up, everytime I go to level up and click DONE the game just dies,
and I have to Shift+Alt+k to close it.

So I was wondering if I updated to 1.4 and used the old exe if this might allow that character to level
That sounds mod related rather than .esm/.exe ver. You can just use the 1.0.0.15 .exe with a 1.4.0.6 .esm, but you will sometimes have weird issues, thus I recommend using a matching .esm and bridging the gap to 1.4 with the included plugin. You can even merge its records in with another mod if you want to have fewer plugins. All the tricks in the OP will be needed either way though, as most of the advantage to rolling back is in the .exe.
I'd just like to thank JustinOther for this wonderful little addon to the community. I'm able to line up shots towards more then one foe now, and that my friends, is a godsend when you have Feral Ghoul Rampage on, and don't want to lose people.
I'd taken so much (I've DL'd 1000's of mods for Oblivion and FO3), it was time to start giving back... :) How could I fix my VATS and not share? :P Speaking of Feral Ghoul rampages, try http://www.fallout3nexus.com/downloads/file.php?id=5278 on for size! ^_^
George PUluse

Post » Fri Aug 21, 2009 7:43 am

That sounds mod related rather than .esm/.exe ver. You can just use the 1.0.0.15 .exe with a 1.4.0.6 .esm, but you will sometimes have weird issues, thus I recommend using a matching .esm and bridging the gap to 1.4 with the included plugin. You can even merge its records in with another mod if you want to have fewer plugins. All the tricks in the OP will be needed either way though, as most of the advantage to rolling back is in the .exe.

Well, since I posted my problem in Your thread AND Darn's thread, I'd figured I should post my solution in both threads.
So Sorry for this tiny Hijack, but then everything can go back to regularly scheduled programming :P

I figured out what it was.

I had a savegame right before the level screen pops up, strange thing is my HUD says CAUTION
because there's a Raider hiding from me, who is hostile.

Now the Level Up is NOT supposed to happen until the game considers everything "All Clear"

But the level up screen was popping up anyway, even in mid grenade toss, to try and kill the
raider before the Level Up screen popped up.

So this time around, I loaded the savegame, and ran and exited the room with the hostile (but hiding raider)
and I was able to level up just fine.

Strange how that was preventing me from leveling
Claire Vaux

Post » Fri Aug 21, 2009 8:10 am

wow, what a novel idea this is. i happened to be lucky enough not to run into too many problems but my game was definitely more stable before the latest patches. i'll have to test this out soon. i was wondering, will one's saves still work even if saved in the patched version? i mean is it possible to continue the same game?
thank you.
lillian luna

Post » Fri Aug 21, 2009 5:36 am

@Tyana Rei: That is odd!o_0 Might have been something fixed in the newer .exe's, but at least it's avoidable.

@OpiumMD: Your saves will work just fine patching forward or backward.
meg knight

Post » Fri Aug 21, 2009 9:52 am

Would it be possible to have the old Fallout esm included in the steam files? I have a fresh install currently and every time I try to load from the old exe it will crash at the beginning of the slide-show. This is with no mods added, or FOSE. :/
FITTAS

Post » Fri Aug 21, 2009 5:55 am

Would it be possible to have the old Fallout esm included in the steam files? I have a fresh install currently and every time I try to load from the old exe it will crash at the beginning of the slide-show. This is with no mods added, or FOSE. :/
Try renaming your Fallout.ini and FalloutPrefs.ini, then using your launcher once to create new ones (detect hardware). I doubt it's the .esm that's causing the crash. A for distributing a 1.0.0.15 Fallout3.esm, I'm not sure if that'd be kosher or not and I seriously doubt it's the issue.
Tom

Post » Fri Aug 21, 2009 3:37 am

Try renaming your Fallout.ini and FalloutPrefs.ini, then using your launcher once to create new ones (detect hardware). I doubt it's the .esm that's causing the crash. A for distributing a 1.0.0.15 Fallout3.esm, I'm not sure if that'd be kosher or not and I seriously doubt it's the issue.

Thank you, its odd that that was the cause of the crash. And I also agree with the esm bit. :/
Jynx Anthropic

Post » Fri Aug 21, 2009 4:33 am

That worked, huh? Glad to hear. I'd encountered the crash at the slideshow a few times, and that always seems to fix it. Not sure which entry messes things up...
Ann Church

Post » Fri Aug 21, 2009 1:55 am

I dont understand redating part.To what date should i redate Fallout3.esm and why?And is there any FO3 specific tool for that?If i want to start new game do i have to redate it?
LittleMiss

Post » Thu Aug 20, 2009 9:19 pm

Use the utility linked in the OP as described. You can set your esm's date to whatever you want, so long as it's older than your oldest mod. You don't have to redate your saves, just Fallout3.esm.
Bitter End

Post » Fri Aug 21, 2009 12:37 am

That attribute changer does not support vista 64 yet, any suggestions on other ways to change the esm date?
Leilene Nessel

Post » Thu Aug 20, 2009 8:44 pm

Just to be sure... Is this the correct load order? The install instructions are confusing me.

Fallout3.esm
FakePatch_1.40.6.esm
Unofficial Fallout 3 Patch.esm
Anchorage.esm
The Pitt.esm

Thanks for telling me if theres a mistake there.
Mark Churchman

Post » Thu Aug 20, 2009 7:32 pm

That attribute changer does not support vista 64 yet, any suggestions on other ways to change the esm date?
You can open (one plugin at a time) your mods in the GECK, save them and their dates will be made new or you can zip them and unzip them, giving the... At one time, Quarn had an .esm date changer utility available. I'd link you to it, but I can't seem to find it on the Nexus. =/
Just to be sure... Is this the correct load order? The install instructions are confusing me.

Fallout3.esm
FakePatch_1.40.6.esm
Unofficial Fallout 3 Patch.esm
Anchorage.esm
The Pitt.esm

Thanks for telling me if theres a mistake there.
That'll do, just be sure you do everything described in the OP regarding your .bsa's for the DLC's or things will be whacky. You might as well put UF3P after the DLC's as the game loads the .esm's first anyway.
Mark

Post » Thu Aug 20, 2009 10:37 pm

http://timeslip.chorrol.com/fomm.html.
Leonie Connor

PreviousNext

Return to Fallout 3