[RELz] Fake Patch v_1.4.0.6 (Thread #2)

Post » Thu Aug 20, 2009 11:11 pm

http://timeslip.chorrol.com/fomm.html.
No sh1ft!?! :o I had no idea. That should make things easier. Thanks for the info.
bimsy

Post » Thu Aug 20, 2009 10:48 pm

My DLC didnt work if I used FOMM, for some obscure reason. Had LIVE disabled and was set up for offline play as recommended. Messed with it for an hour and a half.

Installing the beta FOSE solved the issue, as suggested in the OP. Try it if any DLC issues!

Also the OP says that we need to edit our .ini to add in the BSAs OR to put them manually in the data folder... well I had to do both to get the DLC audio working, just fyi. Neither worked on its own.
Kate Schofield

Post » Fri Aug 21, 2009 7:23 am

I gave it a last chance, and reinstalled everything, going thru now with care, watching every minor detail, to make at least Operation Anchorage work.
But it didnt, i get the same error.

I'm using the polish-english version of the game, which FOSE doesnt support. I'd like to know if there's still a chance for me to make this DLC work, or without FOSE i'm lost.
Also i'd like to know if theres anyone out there with the polish-english curse who managed to make any of the DLC's work for them.
Thank you.

I dont know why it has to be so complicated, why cant anyone buy the UK or US version? Oh i think im gonna be emo //.-

Note: When i uncheck a mod in FOMM, and load up a save ingame, it gives me a warning message, that one or more of the used mods have been removed.
But, if i uncheck anchorage, or the pitt .esm, and load up a save, it gives me no warning message.
Is that normal?

BTW i have the fake patch right under fallout.esm, and is followed by UFP3 and the DLC's, and sometimes it looks like it's trying to load the DLC's, becouse it slows down loading and tries to give me a message, but instantly crashes or freezes.
Michelle davies

Post » Fri Aug 21, 2009 9:48 am

I gave it a last chance, and reinstalled everything, going thru now with care, watching every minor detail, to make at least Operation Anchorage work.
But it didnt, i get the same error.

I'm using the polish-english version of the game, which FOSE doesnt support. I'd like to know if there's still a chance for me to make this DLC work, or without FOSE i'm lost.
Also i'd like to know if theres anyone out there with the polish-english curse who managed to make any of the DLC's work for them.
Thank you.
You might be able to track down a version of FOSE for 1.0, but I'm not sure it's still available. With the DLC .bsa's unpacked in Data, you shouldn't have any problems with the materials loading, even with an initial install, but it seems like entirely disabling GFWL with FOSE just might be a necessity for the DLC's to work. I'm also unsure if a 1.0 version of FOSE will work with the Polish-English version. I hope it works out...
Ben sutton

Post » Thu Aug 20, 2009 11:19 pm

Just wanted to say thanks! It worked like a charm :) (as long as I followed the OPs instructions to the letter)
STEVI INQUE

Post » Fri Aug 21, 2009 10:48 am

Edit: Nevermind, worked through it, had everything done fine and dandy.

Thanks again for the fake patch. :goodjob:
CHANONE

Post » Fri Aug 21, 2009 4:08 am

This didn't work for me at all. I followed all the directions to the letter, but its a no go. After patching I can target using VATS 2 times. After that, if I use VATS it lags horribly and stops responding until I revert to my last save. Than I have 2 uses before it happens again. Sometimes this is followed by a crash w/ a generic Windows error, sometimes its not.

The only thing I think may have caused this is that the save was made after patching to 1.4 the normal way. I kept the save and reinstalled the game so I could apply the "unofficial" one. So are my old saves now useless?

I have both DLC, and no other mods installed.
Star Dunkels Macmillan

Post » Thu Aug 20, 2009 9:34 pm

This didn't work for me at all. I followed all the directions to the letter, but its a no go. After patching I can target using VATS 2 times. After that, if I use VATS it lags horribly and stops responding until I revert to my last save. Than I have 2 uses before it happens again. Sometimes this is followed by a crash w/ a generic Windows error, sometimes its not.

The only thing I think may have caused this is that the save was made after patching to 1.4 the normal way. I kept the save and reinstalled the game so I could apply the "unofficial" one. So are my old saves now useless?

I have both DLC, and no other mods installed.
I have no idea what's up with that, but if it's done properly you shouldn't be having any problems. Your saves are not impacted by patching forward or backward.
Danny Warner

Post » Fri Aug 21, 2009 1:00 am

How well does this work with mods such as MMM, FWE, Weapon mod kits? While VATS being actually useful once more sounds great, it's probably worth asking.
Matthew Barrows

Post » Thu Aug 20, 2009 11:20 pm

I have no idea what's up with that, but if it's done properly you shouldn't be having any problems. Your saves are not impacted by patching forward or backward.

Well I'm sure its been done properly. I just uninstalled all traces of Fallout, and restarted a new game. The same thing happens. Obviously its not related to my saves, its something about my PC. Too bad, since this was my only chance at playing the game as it should be played.
Bethesda broke this feature, they should have had a fix out by now (even if it meant reverting pack to a previous patch, companies have done that before). I should not have to use third party hacks/MODS to bypass a bug the developers introduced. I'm sure a lot of people are done with Bethesda after this. Oblivion took almost a year before its bugs were ironed out. Its a shame, their games are actually good when they WORK but there is no excuse for breaking the game and not fixing it in 3 months!
Nicholas

Post » Fri Aug 21, 2009 2:26 am

How well does this work with mods such as MMM, FWE, Weapon mod kits? While VATS being actually useful once more sounds great, it's probably worth asking.
Fake Patch is fully compatible with any and all mods, including the FOSE reliant ones as well as DLC's.
Well I'm sure its been done properly. I just uninstalled all traces of Fallout, and restarted a new game. The same thing happens. Obviously its not related to my saves, its something about my PC. Too bad, since this was my only chance at playing the game as it should be played.
Bethesda broke this feature, they should have had a fix out by now (even if it meant reverting pack to a previous patch, companies have done that before). I should not have to use third party hacks/MODS to bypass a bug the developers introduced. I'm sure a lot of people are done with Bethesda after this. Oblivion took almost a year before its bugs were ironed out. Its a shame, their games are actually good when they WORK but there is no excuse for breaking the game and not fixing it in 3 months!
I still can't see why you're having stability issues using a 1.0.0.15 install. :shrug: I agree that this is getting absurd in that it's taking them so long and ,in fact, that we've no guarantee that they're even planning on rectifying the issues. I agree emphatically that this "hack/mod" should have never been, but as you've said yourself, it allows the game to actually be played as it's intended, as an epic RPG and not as a shoddy FPS.
Tamara Dost

Post » Fri Aug 21, 2009 11:53 am

hey my radio for OP:A and the pitt Don't Work whats going on? I do get the distress signal for both and they are active quests?

my load order in FOMM

Fallout3.esm
FakePatch_v1.4.0.6.esm
Anchorage.esm
ThePitt.esm
Unofficial Fallout 3 Patch.esp
Unofficial Fallout 3 Patch - Operation Anchorage.esp
Unofficial Fallout 3 Patch - The Pitt.esp

Total active plugins: 7
Total plugins: 7
Claire Lynham

Post » Fri Aug 21, 2009 4:15 am

hey my radio for OP:A and the pitt Don't Work whats going on? I do get the distress signal for both and they are active quests?

my load order in FOMM

Fallout3.esm
FakePatch_v1.4.0.6.esm
Anchorage.esm
ThePitt.esm
Unofficial Fallout 3 Patch.esp
Unofficial Fallout 3 Patch - Operation Anchorage.esp
Unofficial Fallout 3 Patch - The Pitt.esp

Total active plugins: 7
Total plugins: 7
Post your sArchiveList= entry from your Fallout.ini? Also, have you installed FOSE? A few have reported the DLC's wouldn't work for them w/o FOSE, although they work for me with and without it...
FITTAS

Post » Thu Aug 20, 2009 9:45 pm

Fixed It by using litteboy utlity By Disabling G4WL,ArchiveInvaildated Invalidated!, And using BSA manger now fallout recognises all the content just tested it radio Distress Signal now Works For both! All problems Gone Thanks to your Fake Patch plus FOMM,UnOffical Patch 1.1.2,LittleBoy. it didn't crash using VATS or Startup so i assume everything is working as it should.
Fluffer

Post » Fri Aug 21, 2009 2:17 am

Huzzah! :foodndrink:

But, you don't have to disable ArchiveInvalidationInvalidated!, just condense its name to AII.bsa and edit your sArchiveList= entry in your Fallout.ini.

Trust me, you want AII installed!
Sophie Morrell

Post » Fri Aug 21, 2009 2:46 am

i used that ultlity BSA manager apprantly it can fit it??? theres no characterlimit it still load?
Red Sauce

Post » Fri Aug 21, 2009 9:03 am

i used that ultlity BSA manager apprantly it can fit it??? theres no characterlimit it still load?
Ctrl+C the entirety of your *sArchiveList after the '=' and paste it http://www.javascriptkit.com/script/script2/charcount.shtml, then "calculate characters". Provided you're under 255, all is ok.

*(Found in Documents\My Games\Fallout 3\Fallout.ini)
RAww DInsaww

Post » Fri Aug 21, 2009 6:05 am

what happens if it exceeds that character limit i assume 0xFF hex is memory allocation for that line thus it overwrites memory locations causing werid stuff to happen right?

i didn't do that file date thingy how do you do it via FOMM? do i need to do it if the above load order is correct
Gwen

Post » Fri Aug 21, 2009 3:43 am

what happens if it exceeds that character limit i assume 0xFF hex is memory allocation for that line thus it overwrites memory locations causing werid stuff to happen right?

i didn't do that file date thingy how do you do it via FOMM? do i need to do it if the above load order is correct
Anything including or after the 256'th character won't load. You do want to redate your 1.0.0.15 .esm per the OP instructions. I suggest getting that attribute changer as it's awfully useful and I've never personally used FOMM's date utility, so I'm not sure how it works.
I love YOu

Post » Fri Aug 21, 2009 3:32 am

I've never personally used FOMM's date utility, so I'm not sure how it works.

Click 'n drag. :)
Prohibited

Post » Thu Aug 20, 2009 10:46 pm

Click 'n drag. :)
Ummm ...>_> Click what and drag where?o_0

Bird

Post » Fri Aug 21, 2009 7:38 am

Ummm ...>_> Click what and drag where?o_0

:) it's okay, happens to most of us now and then. You basically click and hold via mouse button. so click the mod and drag it up or down. It'll place it where you need too in FOMM. Doing that also redates them. Hope that helps some.

-Mush-
Ashley Campos

Post » Fri Aug 21, 2009 6:43 am

:) it's okay, happens to most of us now and then. You basically click and hold via mouse button. so click the mod and drag it up or down. It'll place it where you need too in FOMM. Doing that also redates them. Hope that helps some.
-Mush-
Aha! I didn't know changing load order also altered the dates. Makes perfect sense...
Danel

Post » Thu Aug 20, 2009 9:33 pm

fixed my game lock up problem thanks ,
Monika Fiolek

Post » Fri Aug 21, 2009 6:43 am

:( ive got some trouble how can i make it load all this

SArchiveList=AII.bsa, Fallout - Textures.bsa, Fallout - Meshes.bsa, Fallout - Voices.bsa, Fallout - Sound.bsa, Fallout - MenuVoices.bsa, Fallout - Misc.bsa, Anchorage - Main.bsa, Anchorage - Sounds.bsa, ThePitt - Main.bsa, ThePitt - Sounds.bsa, Unofficial Fallout 3 Patch.bsa

its 262 characters so it won't load i guess :( i think this was the reason for my random crashing
Charlie Ramsden

PreviousNext

Return to Fallout 3