[RELz] Fake Patch v_1.4.0.6 (Thread #2)

Post » Fri Aug 21, 2009 2:25 am

yeah, you'd need to rename those bsa's to something shorter, like maybe FO-T.bsa, FO-M.bsa, FO-V.bsa, FO-S.bsa,FO-MV.bsa,FO-Mi.bsa,An-M.bsa,An-S.bsa,TP-M.bsa,TP-S.bsa,UFP.bsa
that's probably what I would use..basically they just need to be under the total character limit. You can use any naming convention you choose though, those are just some suggestions.

Good Luck and happy gaming. :)

-Mush-
Dale Johnson

Post » Fri Aug 21, 2009 11:16 am

:( ive got some trouble how can i make it load all this

SArchiveList=AII.bsa, Fallout - Textures.bsa, Fallout - Meshes.bsa, Fallout - Voices.bsa, Fallout - Sound.bsa, Fallout - MenuVoices.bsa, Fallout - Misc.bsa, Anchorage - Main.bsa, Anchorage - Sounds.bsa, ThePitt - Main.bsa, ThePitt - Sounds.bsa, Unofficial Fallout 3 Patch.bsa

its 262 characters so it won't load i guess :( i think this was the reason for my random crashing

Shorten the Unofficial Fallout 3 Patch to just "UF3P". I'm trying to push Quarn to have AII and that install with those shortened names by default...
Natalie Harvey

Post » Fri Aug 21, 2009 1:27 am

won't the Unofficial Fallout 3 Patch.esp files not find the Unofficial Fallout 3 Patch.bsa and crash?
Luna Lovegood

Post » Thu Aug 20, 2009 11:33 pm

Just be sure to not only rename the .bsa but also edit your Fallout.ini's sArchiveList entry. So long as the names match, all will work as intended.
Dale Johnson

Post » Fri Aug 21, 2009 7:07 am

1st of all - great mod

2nd - I noticed capturing arkansas in the strictly business quest does not result in him being recognised as being captured even though he is in the pen. This was the only mod while running the game. I added unofficial patch and this did nothing. I disabled your patch in FOMM and the capture of arkansas was recognised. I have read of another person in the official fo3 forums having the same problem with your patch and resolving it by disabling it.

BTW - I re enabled after capturing him - I am not sure if the others that need capturing will behave the same.
Lauren Graves

Post » Fri Aug 21, 2009 12:43 am

1st of all - great mod

2nd - I noticed capturing arkansas in the strictly business quest does not result in him being recognised as being captured even though he is in the pen. This was the only mod while running the game. I added unofficial patch and this did nothing. I disabled your patch in FOMM and the capture of arkansas was recognised. I have read of another person in the official fo3 forums having the same problem with your patch and resolving it by disabling it.

BTW - I re enabled after capturing him - I am not sure if the others that need capturing will behave the same.
FakePatch_v1.4.0.6.esm doesn't touch Arkansas or the Strictly Business quest. The odds are approximately 3,720: 1 that whatever's happening has nothing to do with the Fake Patch plugin... Most likely, it wasn't the absence of the plugin that did the trick, but just reloading the game.
Sarah Kim

Post » Thu Aug 20, 2009 10:35 pm

Does it touch factions? Just because it doesn't directly touch Arkansas doesn't mean it will affect anything involved with him.
Samantha Wood

Post » Fri Aug 21, 2009 10:36 am

Does it touch factions? Just because it doesn't directly touch Arkansas doesn't mean it will affect anything involved with him.
Nope. not at all... http://www.fallout3nexus.com/downloads/images/4635-1-1236342293.jpg
Life long Observer

Post » Fri Aug 21, 2009 5:02 am

It does, however, touch Dialogue, which may be causing issues. The Greeting one may be the source of the issue.

I've never done the slaver bit... how exactly does the dialog happen with getting the money for Arkansas?
Queen of Spades

Post » Fri Aug 21, 2009 8:23 am

FakePatch_v1.4.0.6.esm doesn't touch Arkansas or the Strictly Business quest. The odds are approximately 3,720: 1 that whatever's happening has nothing to do with the Fake Patch plugin... Most likely, it wasn't the absence of the plugin that did the trick, but just reloading the game.

I reloaded the game multiple times as I went to the forums back and forth. Only by unloading the fake patch did it resolve. There is another poster who had the exact same problem with the exact same resolution - as I followed his suggestion. I came to this conclusion of restarts over 2 days. There was plently of restarts for the problem to spontaneously resolve. I'll take my odds of 1:3720 - if I was a betting man.

This is the quote from another user of your mod:
http://www.gamesas.com/bgsforums/index.php?showtopic=978302&view=findpost&p=14138262

Otherwise thanks for your mod. it is reenabled after I caught arkansas
Vivien

Post » Fri Aug 21, 2009 5:36 am

I reloaded the game multiple times as I went to the forums back and forth. Only by unloading the fake patch did it resolve. There is another poster who had the exact same problem with the exact same resolution - as I followed his suggestion. I came to this conclusion of restarts over 2 days. There was plently of restarts for the problem to spontaneously resolve. I'll take my odds of 1:3720 - if I was a betting man.

This is the quote from another user of your mod:
http://www.gamesas.com/bgsforums/index.php?showtopic=978302&view=findpost&p=14138262

Otherwise thanks for your mod. it is reenabled after I caught arkansas
http://www.fallout3nexus.com/downloads/file.php?id=4635 Evidently, a few empty fields crept into the original which were messing things up.

http://i196.photobucket.com/albums/aa150/JustinCoherent/Fallout%203/FakePatchFixed2.png | http://i196.photobucket.com/albums/aa150/JustinCoherent/Fallout%203/FakePatchFixed1.png

The new version had to be the husk of an actual Fallout3.esm 'cleaned' against a 1.0.0.15 version, so the erroneously filled fields now remain empty, aptly. Sorry for previously doubting it was Fake Patch messing things up. Here's where you say, "Never tell me the odds!" :biglaugh:
NAtIVe GOddess

Post » Fri Aug 21, 2009 6:33 am

Shorten the Unofficial Fallout 3 Patch to just "UF3P". I'm trying to push Quarn to have AII and that install with those shortened names by default...

Unfortunatly I won't, if I change the name of UF3P's bsa then it won't auto load anymore with v1.1+ and I'll have to write instructions\make the installer change the ini... I already get enough complaints from people seeing exclamation marks (missing meshes) because it isnt stated clear enough that any mod that has a BSA needs to be included in the SArchiveList with v1.0 and the limitations of it :(

As always I only support the latest patch and UF3P\AII BSA's are a none issue with v1.1+.
Dalley hussain

Post » Thu Aug 20, 2009 8:10 pm

Unfortunatly I won't, if I change the name of UF3P's bsa then it won't auto load anymore with v1.1+ and I'll have to write instructions\make the installer change the ini... I already get enough complaints from people seeing exclamation marks (missing meshes) because it isnt stated clear enough that any mod that has a BSA needs to be included in the SArchiveList with v1.0 and the limitations of it :(
How 'bout just AII, since it has no corresponding plugin?^_^ It really should be something, provided a user of the Fake Patch has actually read the OP, knows to do on their own, but it seems many don't like to read. >_< My OP was once described as a "nightmare", but it's all relevant... :shrug:

As always I only support the latest patch and UF3P\AII BSA's are a none issue with v1.1+.
Aptly so. Here's hoping a proper patch comes out soon with the autoload function and fixed VATS to get everyone on the same page again.

Alyesha Neufeld

Post » Fri Aug 21, 2009 12:57 am

thanks Justinother for believing me. Just wondering - is it updated now? Is there a new version to upload?

Thanks again
Michelle Serenity Boss

Post » Fri Aug 21, 2009 5:52 am

thanks Justinother for believing me. Just wondering - is it updated now? Is there a new version to upload?

Thanks again
It wasn't a matter of believing you, I just didn't initially see what the problem was. I did upload a new version on the Nexus and have linked to it a few posts up as well as in the OP. Thanks for pointing me to the bug so I could kill it.
Isaiah Burdeau

Post » Fri Aug 21, 2009 4:06 am

It wasn't a matter of believing you, I just didn't initially see what the problem was. I did upload a new version on the Nexus and have linked to it a few posts up as well as in the OP. Thanks for pointing me to the bug so I could kill it.

I'm happy to help - I should get back to work.....
jessica breen

Post » Thu Aug 20, 2009 9:13 pm

Well I installed Fallout in Vista and it works great except that VATS lag. Than the next day it started crashing again :(. I think it might be time to give up on Bethesda until they get off their asses and fix the game without breaking it for once.
Hayley O'Gara

Post » Fri Aug 21, 2009 11:47 am

Has anyone who is using this mod plus 'Mr. Lab Technician' had any problems getting the Chemical Locker to open (the one that does all the deconstructing)? I'm having trouble with that and the only thing I can think of is a conflict between 'Technician' and the older version of OBSE... I'd appreciate any input. I've described the problem and what I did http://www.gamesas.com/bgsforums/index.php?showtopic=947356&view=findpost&p=14170082. I don't want to hi-jack this topic, but I'm stumped, so I wanted to see if users of 'Fake Patch' are seeing the same thing...
saharen beauty

Post » Thu Aug 20, 2009 11:21 pm

Has anyone who is using this mod plus 'Mr. Lab Technician' had any problems getting the Chemical Locker to open (the one that does all the deconstructing)? I'm having trouble with that and the only thing I can think of is a conflict between 'Technician' and the older version of OBSE... I'd appreciate any input. I've described the problem and what I did http://www.gamesas.com/bgsforums/index.php?showtopic=947356&view=findpost&p=14170082. I don't want to hi-jack this topic, but I'm stumped, so I wanted to see if users of 'Fake Patch' are seeing the same thing...

I had found a mistake in the code a while ago, which prevented the breaking down of chemicals without the locker never opening.

|Glad you got it sorted. :) .. but was it because of some script you changed or was it something i implemented?

It was a script I changed, and something you implemented. When you add that line I mentioned(labcontrolquest.lablockerchem == 1) to the labtermusescriptMII right after the labcontrolquest.lablockerreveng so the it looks like
(labcontrolquest.lablockerreveng == 1 ) || (LabControlQuest.LabLockerChem == 1)
, it allows one to break down items into chemicals without the issue I was having.
Implement that line, and the issue markus_s and I were having will be gone for good.
Zoe Ratcliffe

Post » Fri Aug 21, 2009 3:11 am

I had found a mistake in the code a while ago, which prevented the breaking down of chemicals without the locker never opening.

YX33A; I've added a reply http://www.gamesas.com/bgsforums/index.php?showtopic=956112&view=findpost&p=14183369 so as not to clutter this thread any more - any chance you could have a look? Cheers.
Iain Lamb

Post » Fri Aug 21, 2009 8:09 am

does this work w/ an original, unpatched version of the game?
Carolyne Bolt

Post » Fri Aug 21, 2009 7:28 am

does this work w/ an original, unpatched version of the game?
In short, no. It's designed to work with a 1.0.0.15 installation.
e.Double

Post » Fri Aug 21, 2009 2:43 am

Update 1.5 Notes (PC and Xbox 360)

New Features
New achievements for Broken Steel

Bug Fixes

Fixed issue with VATS calculations not appearing properly for perks (PC)
Fixed crash related to altered references between master files
LOD objects render properly when loaded from DLC worldspaces
Fixed issue with companion NPCs not loading into cells immediately after player

My goodness I hope this patch works! Time to find out... :liplick:
Jon O

Post » Fri Aug 21, 2009 3:48 am

Up the thread.

Hello everyone,

This is the first time when I am using the fake patch. I didn't know about the vats being broken after the patches but I haven't reinstalled the game, because I was too far into it. Now this has changed. My question is, can this fake patch interfere somehow with texture mods or mods in general?

I'm asking this because while I was playing with official patches everything was working flawlessly. Now with this fake patch, it seems I might have trouble with slower leveling mod.

It works only after I leave the vault - I can't say if it was always like this. I haven't checked but the mod is working after leaving the vault so nothing terrible – in the end it is working.

My main concern is with the pip-boy retexture. Mainly speaking about Pip-Boy 1337 Model but this concerns all other pip-boy retextures. This mod was working fine on the official 1.4... patch but isn't working with the fake patch.

What is strange is that other retexture mods are working fine. Terrain, FOOK, MMM models are working ok. But not this pip-boy (and other pip-boy) mods.

Can this have any connection to the redate thingy? To be honest I'm not sure if I should redate every mod, or only the fallout 3.esm. I have the Attribute Changer installed, but still I don't know which files to change. Also I read that changing load order in the FOMM should change timestamps, so F3.esm should be the oldest.

Anyone can suggest what should I do to make this pip-boy mod to work? I'm asking because I'm concerned whether this fake patch or other mods are working as they should, I guess there is no definite way to check it. Any help is appreciated.

Cheers. :)
Nauty

Post » Fri Aug 21, 2009 12:16 pm

Considering the new patch (1.5) breaks the game even further than all the previous patches as far as modding goes, is this Fake Patch going to be updated to 1.5 too until if/when (unlikely) Beth actually fixes these major issues?
Darren Chandler

PreviousNext

Return to Fallout 3