[RELz] Fake Patch v_1.4.0.6 (Thread #2)

Post » Fri Aug 21, 2009 1:28 am

That's covered in the OP. o_0 Your entry is 271 characters and there's a 255 character limit. The solution is also in the OP in the DLC compatibility section.

................................................................................
..goddammit
Anna S

Post » Thu Aug 20, 2009 11:30 pm

:faisepalm: :P

I take it you've got your Pitt sounds up and running now?
Helen Quill

Post » Fri Aug 21, 2009 5:58 am

You lose nothing unless you have multiple graphics cards as 1.1 and 1.4 have SLI fixes. No mod is incompatible with this setup or relies on a particular .exe. The only drawback, really, is that the 1.0.0.15 .exe doesn't autoload archives, thus the need to keep your sArchiveList under 255 characters, but that's a cinch.

Also, if you remap your Pipboy to anything other than its default and open it, you have to use its default to get it to close. Not a big deal unless you remap your keys, but 1.1 and 1.4 actuallly fixed that issue. If only VATS had just been left alone... >_<

thx for the quick response, gonna give it a try then...
one little doubt about load order...
fallout3.esm
anchorage.esm
thepitt.esm
fakepatch_1.4.0.6.esm
unofficial fallout 3 patch.esp

its ok? or the fakepatch should be before before dlc's?

PD: All version of the official 1.0.0.15 patch are http://www.fallout3nexus.com/downloads/file.php?id=163 at Nexus...
PPD: the green text, on the "quote" section of the description of your mod, is really hard to read....
vanuza

Post » Thu Aug 20, 2009 9:25 pm

thx for the quick response, gonna give it a try then...
one little doubt about load order...
fallout3.esm
fakepatch_1.4.0.6.esm
anchorage.esm
thepitt.esm
unofficial fallout 3 patch.esp

its ok? or the fakepatch should be before before dlc's?

PD: All version of the official 1.0.0.15 patch are http://www.fallout3nexus.com/downloads/file.php?id=163 at Nexus...
PPD: the green text, on the "quote" section of the description of your mod, is really hard to read....
Load Fake Patch directly after Fallout3.esm since you've the DLC's. Thanks for informing me of the 1.0.0.15's availbility on FO3Nexus. I've updated the OP. :)
Eire Charlotta

Post » Fri Aug 21, 2009 8:46 am

:faisepalm: :P

I take it you've got your Pitt sounds up and running now?

The sounds work, but some odd non-game breaking bugs still are there that i didnt see before the fake patch, like skin color mismatches(head and body different skin tones) and a glitch in the beginning where the raider beats the slaves. The slaves dont die and the raider keeps repeating the animation and 'slides' off into some random corner....but those aren't really bad. Probably won't be an issue ONCE BETHESDA FIXES THEIR GAME
Jack

Post » Thu Aug 20, 2009 11:53 pm

The sounds work, but some odd non-game breaking bugs still are there that i didnt see before the fake patch, like skin color mismatches(head and body different skin tones) and a glitch in the beginning where the raider beats the slaves. The slaves dont die and the raider keeps repeating the animation and 'slides' off into some random corner....but those aren't really bad. Probably won't be an issue ONCE BETHESDA FIXES THEIR GAME

Add the line bLoadFaceGenHeadEGTFiles=1 to the end of the "general" category in the Fallout.ini.
Fluffer

Post » Fri Aug 21, 2009 5:42 am

Add the line bLoadFaceGenHeadEGTFiles=1 to the end of the "general" category in the Fallout.ini.

huh....such a simple solution...thanx! :)
Michelle Chau

Post » Fri Aug 21, 2009 2:45 am

what if you're using head and body textures?
butterfly

Post » Fri Aug 21, 2009 9:17 am

what if you're using head and body textures?

Try it and see. I don't think that'll be a problem.

The problem is in the FaceGen system, specifically the color variance of the skin. Without that setting, the skin coloration (which the EGT is part of) doesn't work properly.
SiLa

Post » Fri Aug 21, 2009 1:50 am

Try it and see. I don't think that'll be a problem.

The problem is in the FaceGen system, specifically the color variance of the skin. Without that setting, the skin coloration (which the EGT is part of) doesn't work properly.

Hm. It was already there. Still have the problem.
Aliish Sheldonn

Post » Thu Aug 20, 2009 10:40 pm

After installing the fake patch, new games still work, but save games that are currently playing or have played DLC content crash instantly. Is this normal or should I be able to load my already created save? (note: saves from before DLC was installed work fine, radio beacons for the DLC locations show up without any problem). Could it be the fact that the ones that have DLC installed already are from a newer version of fallout and the pre-dlc one is from 1.0.0.15?

let me know
Haley Cooper

Post » Fri Aug 21, 2009 9:38 am

Thanks for explaining how the Fake Patch works it's magic. And thanks again for making such a simple and elegant solution to the V.A.T.S. mess. :)
Emma louise Wendelk

Post » Fri Aug 21, 2009 3:01 am

After installing the fake patch, new games still work, but save games that are currently playing or have played DLC content crash instantly. Is this normal or should I be able to load my already created save? (note: saves from before DLC was installed work fine, radio beacons for the DLC locations show up without any problem). Could it be the fact that the ones that have DLC installed already are from a newer version of fallout and the pre-dlc one is from 1.0.0.15?

let me know
From all I've seen, saves work the same patching forward or backward, DLC's or not. The DLC content should load the same regardless of which version you're patched to, at least so long as it's in Data with everything else. Do you have FOSE installed? I'm not certain, but some have reported instability with the DLC's w/o FOSE... I've tested both with and without it and had no problems, either way. Also, make sure your sArchiveList= entry is correct as one character wrong in the Fallout.ini will result in an archive not opening while 1.4.0.6 will load it automatically.
Thanks for explaining how the Fake Patch works it's magic. And thanks again for making such a simple and elegant solution to the V.A.T.S. mess. :)
No prob. :) I'm still glad it's coming in handy, but am also hoping for an official patch to come along before Broken Steel as It's gonna be tough to fit all the DLC archives under 255 characters. >_< All of the archive names will need to be condensed or at least one DLC's archives will need to be extracted, and evidently even more DLC is coming after Broken Steel...

Here's hoping this mod doesn't make it to thread #3. :foodndrink:
Kim Bradley

Post » Fri Aug 21, 2009 5:20 am

So this load order is fine?
[X] Fallout3.esm
[X] FakePatch_v1.4.0.6.esm
[X] Anchorage.esm
[X] ThePitt.esm
[X] Unofficial Fallout 3 Patch.esp

EDIT: Never mind, it was covered here before.
Alan Whiston

Post » Fri Aug 21, 2009 1:31 am

That's covered in the OP. :deal: You didn't add the DLC .ini's to your Fallout.ini, huh? Also, if you just grabbed the .exe and didn't follow the directions, we can never be on the same page.

/headdesk
/facepalm
/fistgroin

GRAAAAAAAGGGGHHHHH

I hate myself so much. I am such a hypocrite. Here I go, telling people to RTFM, but I didn't do so for the Fake Patch. ;-;

No wonder I was going through hell trying to get the DLC to work.

-- Griffinhart

ETA: Here's a question that I don't think was covered in the OP. For FOSE, do I just have to copy/paste the 1.0.0.15 support .dll, or do I have to rename it and replace an existing FOSE .dll?
Donatus Uwasomba

Post » Fri Aug 21, 2009 1:26 am

From all I've seen, saves work the same patching forward or backward, DLC's or not. The DLC content should load the same regardless of which version you're patched to, at least so long as it's in Data with everything else. Do you have FOSE installed? I'm not certain, but some have reported instability with the DLC's w/o FOSE... I've tested both with and without it and had no problems, either way. Also, make sure your sArchiveList= entry is correct as one character wrong in the Fallout.ini will result in an archive not opening while 1.4.0.6 will load it automatically.
No prob. :) I'm still glad it's coming in handy, but am also hoping for an official patch to come along before Broken Steel as It's gonna be tough to fit all the DLC archives under 255 characters. >_< All of the archive names will need to be condensed or at least one DLC's archives will need to be extracted, and evidently even more DLC is coming after Broken Steel...

Here's hoping this mod doesn't make it to thread #3. :foodndrink:

hrm maybe its a mod that i had enabled on those particular saves that isn't enabled now? ill do a lil experimenting with that stuff and see if i can get it to work.

thanks
Dylan Markese

Post » Fri Aug 21, 2009 6:39 am

ETA: Here's a question that I don't think was covered in the OP. For FOSE, do I just have to copy/paste the 1.0.0.15 support .dll, or do I have to rename it and replace an existing FOSE .dll?
Just drop it into Fallout with the rest of the FOSE stuff and don't change its name as it needs to be as it is to work with the 1.0.0.15 .exe.
Wayland Neace

Post » Fri Aug 21, 2009 10:24 am

I installed the fake patch a little while ago, and it seems to be working perfectly. Thank you very much, I'll think of you whenever I use vats.

On a side note, I've reached the A* zone with fallout mods. Might have to cut back on them soon.
Cash n Class

Post » Thu Aug 20, 2009 9:36 pm

Funny, I'm using the unofficial patch and a few other mods, and without even downloading this mod, I'm able to target grenades, I get bonuses from commando, etc (I avoided it at first because people said it was broken) as well as sniper and concentrated fire. I have the 1.1.0.35. If I download the 1.4 patch will it break the things I have working, or will I be ok?
Destinyscharm

Post » Fri Aug 21, 2009 11:28 am

Funny, I'm using the unofficial patch and a few other mods, and without even downloading this mod, I'm able to target grenades, I get bonuses from commando, etc (I avoided it at first because people said it was broken) as well as sniper and concentrated fire. I have the 1.1.0.35. If I download the 1.4 patch will it break the things I have working, or will I be ok?

Prevailing evidence points to it being broken. Screenshots or I don't believe you.

http://www.gamesas.com/bgsforums/index.php?showtopic=962314&st=40&p=13914953&#entry13914953

There's a method to follow.
John N

Post » Fri Aug 21, 2009 3:31 am

Currently on steam, and finally sick to the back teeth of VATS being done up the duff by the latest patch. However, I can't seem to find a 1.0.0.15 exe anywhere, and the link in the opening posts just links back to the thread. I might be being incredibly stupid (well, it is way past bedtime) but does anyone know where I can find one?
Stephani Silva

Post » Fri Aug 21, 2009 12:23 am

How about in the 1.0.0.15 patch? I doubt it'll be of much use, but that's where I got mine.
Manny(BAKE)

Post » Fri Aug 21, 2009 3:35 am

I'd like to give this a try, but as a STEAM user I can't get hold of the 1.0.0.15 exe. (Unfortunately the link on the first page seems to only link back to itself.)
Bethesda probably prefer it that way.

Anyone know of a method to prevent STEAM from installing a later version?

Incidentally, does this do anything to the stability of the game?

edited to say, Arrgh.

And I waited a couple of days to see if anyone else was going to ask... :D
Catherine N

Post » Fri Aug 21, 2009 6:22 am

Prevailing evidence points to it being broken. Screenshots or I don't believe you.

http://www.gamesas.com/bgsforums/index.php?showtopic=962314&st=40&p=13914953&#entry13914953

There's a method to follow.

Who cares if you believe me? My goal in life is not to please someone I've never met.

Upon further review, however, Concentrated fire seems to be working, and not the others. Sorry for that. Is this patch worth the trouble to get, since my level 20 wasteland monster is killing Deathclaws and enclave soldiers in his sleep?
carley moss

Post » Fri Aug 21, 2009 10:17 am

I don't know if it's something with Fake Patch or 1.0.0.15, but I went from full 1.4.06 to 1.0.0.15 with Fake Patch & Unofficial Patch and now some console commands don't work, like... player.modpca strength 5 or player.modpca explosives 20, they don't say they don't register as commands or anything, they just do nothing. They worked previously.

What cha think that might be and/or how to fix it?
Matthew Warren

PreviousNext

Return to Fallout 3