Fallout New Vegas Pros & Cons with Frustration

Post » Tue Jun 02, 2009 5:54 am

The thread title and how you word your post doesn't convey your point very well. It sounds more like a whine thread and I have responded as such, and I was being nice too. Seeing as you want to see other people's pros and cons..

Pro:
  • Dialogue and characters have been improved greatly.
  • Story and Factions.
  • Deicisions/Quests has a significant impact on different things.
  • Weapon balance.
  • Harcore mode.
  • Others I can't recall right now.

Con:
  • More game play bugs than fallout .
  • New Vegas area could have been designed much better. I don't like the fact that it is 3 separate zones. Same with Freeside.
  • Lucky 38 suite's lack of an ammo bench. (I mean wtf? Isn't this supposed to be the main home you can acquire?)
  • Consumable crafting only available at fireplaces and not on stoves. (Again, WTF?!)
  • Others I can't recall right now.

Yeah I wish you could put a reloading bench in the Lucky 38.
Damien Mulvenna

Post » Mon Jun 01, 2009 9:29 pm

Wouldn't veronica work? I mean having her along doesn't she do the same thing a reloading bench would & you can leave her in the 38 can't u. I didn't remember the voices in Fallout3 or oblivion acting weird lol
Verity Hurding

Post » Tue Jun 02, 2009 2:04 am

Noob question, but what is Deathwind Cave? I have never saw that yet?
louise tagg

Post » Tue Jun 02, 2009 2:26 am

LOL it's not a noob question but i don't wanna spoil it for you, keep looking around the waste land & you'll find it
And it's Death Wind Cavern, sorry for that my fault
LuBiE LoU

Post » Tue Jun 02, 2009 6:25 am

I want to spoil it for you
Spoiler
It is called Dead Wind Cavern, because even the wind is killed if it goes inside, it a large Deathclaw nest in a cavern that allows no backtracking, lest you corner yourself, in it are one or two Deathclaw Mothers, many many Deathclaws, and the Legendary Deathclaw, able to 1-shot a level 30.

BRIANNA

Post » Tue Jun 02, 2009 1:30 pm

Yeah I wish you could put a reloading bench in the Lucky 38.

http://www.newvegasnexus.com/downloads/file.php?id=35861

Like that? Grill, workbench, reloading bench, ton's of storage.....
His Bella

Post » Mon Jun 01, 2009 10:09 pm

Gandler if you wanna find Death Wind Cavern it's N,W of the legion raid camp & south of Harper's Shack
To me it's one of the coolest areas in the waste land, i'm looking for the other 1s & OMG I found another 1 earlier if i remember the location i'll post the directions
emma sweeney

Post » Tue Jun 02, 2009 9:51 am

I remember the name of one of the other 1s, it's called Silver Peak mine. I don't know if there part of a quest i just stumble into places like those two, Death Wind Cavern & Silver Peak mine but they are a definite plus to FalloutNewVegas
Kevin Jay

Post » Tue Jun 02, 2009 6:25 am

Cons
- To "go it alone" meant inputting "go it alone" commands into a "go it alone" robot.
- Way too much emphasis on companions that I couldn't care less about, often screwed up my plans and led to some of the best items in the game only if I was "friends" with them.
-Locations lacked meaning and substance.
-Buggy as hell.
I could go on and on all day but I'll just tell you how my NV expierience went. I popped in the game and was really excited to be back in the fallout world despite the glitches and crashes and just went out and explored and did sidequests. 40 hrs later I'd had enough and killed Mr. House, the NCR ambassador, Ceaser and tried to kill Yesman and everyone I came across between them and haven't played the game since. Something was missing.

Pros
- This IP is now back in the hands of a competant developer ( Bethesda ).
Amber Hubbard

Post » Tue Jun 02, 2009 3:59 am

- Way too much emphasis on companions that I couldn't care less about, often screwed up my plans and led to some of the best items in the game only if I was "friends" with them.

So dont recruit them? I'd much rather have the ones in NV over the unconditional robot companions in Fallout 3
-Locations lacked meaning and substance.
-Buggy as hell.

These were all problems in Fallout 3, even moreso on the locations (How the heck does Girdershade even exist?)
- This IP is now back in the hands of a competant developer ( Bethesda ).

Because Fallout 3 was so much better, with its linearity, horrid writing, rampant level scaling, and logical fallacies.
Victor Oropeza

Previous

Return to Fallout: New Vegas