[RELz] Fallout Script Extender (FOSE) v1

Post » Mon Aug 17, 2009 4:02 am

FOSE mods when run without fose should "run", tho the scripts will likely do a silent-sepuku and stop working.
There are probably other problems causing the crashes.
Jodie Bardgett

Post » Mon Aug 17, 2009 12:33 am

Any word on a function or other method to return an inventory object's display name?
Del Arte

Post » Mon Aug 17, 2009 4:04 am

Any word on a function or other method to return an inventory object's display name?

Since there is no "String" variable type yet, any name-retrieving function is rather pointless. However, if i'm not mistaken, both printc and showmessage can extract the name out of an object for display purposes. More likely than not, there are ways on the menu UI to do the same.
DAVId MArtInez

Post » Mon Aug 17, 2009 1:33 am

Hmm, i'd like to request some sort of ishostile function (as in, gives red crosshairs). I've been tinkering around with several of the existing enemy/aggression/disposition check functions to no avail (http://www.gamesas.com/bgsforums/index.php?showtopic=981597). And such function would be mightily useful to have i believe.
Nicole Coucopoulos

Post » Mon Aug 17, 2009 5:00 am

Since there is no "String" variable type yet, any name-retrieving function is rather pointless. However, if i'm not mistaken, both printc and showmessage can extract the name out of an object for display purposes. More likely than not, there are ways on the menu UI to do the same.

Yes, it would be useless except for the SetUIString function which takes a string as a parameter, and is exactly what I want to do with it.
Soph

Post » Mon Aug 17, 2009 1:22 am

You'll have to wait for the next version of FOSE.
Basically, just look up the list of OBSE commands; they'll probably make it into FOSE eventually.
Enie van Bied

Post » Mon Aug 17, 2009 2:40 am

Yes, it would be useless except for the SetUIString function which takes a string as a parameter, and is exactly what I want to do with it.
Functions cannot be used directly as parameters for other functions, so string variables will be required before functions that return a string variable will be of any use.

Cipscis
YO MAma

Post » Sun Aug 16, 2009 7:51 pm

Hey guys, thought you may want to take a look at this: http://www.gamesas.com/bgsforums/index.php?showtopic=982308&st=0#entry14200342

It's concerning the broken VATS issue, namely the VATS calculation pause. Someone noticed that it's absent while recording videos with FRAPS with a 30fps clamp (Well, I did before, but I dismissed it as an aberration...)
Genevieve

Post » Mon Aug 17, 2009 9:35 am

Hello.

I hate to bother you guys, and I'm not sure if this is where to do this, but I'm having a problem with GetBaseObject. My script exits at that point in both beta 4 and 5. My script is as follows:

ref upgradeItemWeap
ref baseItemWeap
set upgradeItemWeap to Player.GetEquippedObject 5
set baseItemWeap to GetBaseObject upgradeItemWeap

It's as if it doesn't recognize the function at all.
Luis Reyma

Post » Sun Aug 16, 2009 9:30 pm

GetBaseObject returns the base object of a reference.
GetEquippedObject returns the base object equipped in the specified slot, so you don't need to call GetBaseObject.
Inventory items don't have references that you can manipulate (not real references) so you can't call GetBaseObject on them from another script.
Haley Cooper

Post » Mon Aug 17, 2009 4:54 am

OK. Thanks alot! That'll save me a lot of headache.
Tanya

Post » Mon Aug 17, 2009 2:08 am

I know you're probably going to be busy as heck as soon as the new patch comes up but i'd like to request the following:

- Have GetWeaponAmmo not to CTD the game when called on a weapon that doesn't use ammo.
- SetHotkeyItem, since we already have GetHotkeyItem.
- IsHostiletoPC (or similar), if the UI can know when a foe is hostile (red crosshairs), so should we, and current functions don't work for some cases (http://www.gamesas.com/bgsforums/index.php?showtopic=981597)
- GetInventoryWeight, or something similar, that could be called on containers / actors; because getav inventoryweight returns 0 when called on non-PCs (http://www.gamesas.com/bgsforums/index.php?showtopic=983503)
MR.BIGG

Post » Mon Aug 17, 2009 1:09 am

Hey. Sorry to be a bother.

Is there a way to make the new values from the setter functions permanent across save games?
SEXY QUEEN

Post » Mon Aug 17, 2009 5:36 am

Hey. Sorry to be a bother.

Is there a way to make the new values from the setter functions permanent across save games?

Set it on the ini.
Emma louise Wendelk

Post » Mon Aug 17, 2009 10:48 am

Cool. Never messed with the ini before. Should be fun. Better make a backup...
kelly thomson

Post » Mon Aug 17, 2009 3:43 am

An update on the GetInventoryWeight petition:
If getavinfo is called on an npc, the correct inventory weight will be listed under "derived value". However, there is no function to retrieve this value. It would be VERY helpful to have a function able to do so (perhaps getderivedav).
Kay O'Hara

Post » Sun Aug 16, 2009 8:22 pm

Sorry to be so dense, but I can't seem to find the settings in the ini (I doubt they exist for my purposes). I'm looking to store values from the SetWeap... functions for individual guns.
teeny

Post » Mon Aug 17, 2009 9:01 am

con_SetINISetting, fose function.
Bereket Fekadu

Post » Mon Aug 17, 2009 3:40 am

Ah, I see. Thanks so much! That's a bit what I was afraid of, though. One unique entry for each attribute for each weapon...
Phoenix Draven

Post » Mon Aug 17, 2009 12:38 am

I know you're probably going to be busy as heck as soon as the new patch comes up but i'd like to request the following:

- Have GetWeaponAmmo not to CTD the game when called on a weapon that doesn't use ammo.
- SetHotkeyItem, since we already have GetHotkeyItem.
- IsHostiletoPC (or similar), if the UI can know when a foe is hostile (red crosshairs), so should we, and current functions don't work for some cases (http://www.gamesas.com/bgsforums/index.php?showtopic=981597)
- GetInventoryWeight, or something similar, that could be called on containers / actors; because getav inventoryweight returns 0 when called on non-PCs (http://www.gamesas.com/bgsforums/index.php?showtopic=983503)

Added to the list.
Sorry to be so dense, but I can't seem to find the settings in the ini (I doubt they exist for my purposes). I'm looking to store values from the SetWeap... functions for individual guns.

There are no ini settings for controlling attributes of individual weapons.

FOSE has the capability to save data with the user's savegame, so theoretically we could save changes made to individual weapons using FOSE functions. However we would need to establish a system of clear rules about how, when, and in what order changes get saved and how long those changes persist. No such system will be perfect because up to 255 mods may all be trying to modify the same object simultaneously (worst case, but even 2 would present a conflict) and mods may be removed from or moved up or down in the load order at any time.

It is something we would like to support but can't promise will happen soon. Assuming we are able to get CloneForm working as it did in Oblivion (a much higher priority at this time), that function may provide an alternative for saving modified objects.
NAkeshIa BENNETT

Post » Mon Aug 17, 2009 11:54 am

CloneForm sounds like a better idea. I'll put in my vote for that. That's basically what I'm going to do, anyway (something similar, at least). TGBlank recommended creating new INI settings per weapon (at least I think he did), so that's what I'm going to try for now. That's only about 500 settings to keep track of (for now).
Eliza Potter

Post » Mon Aug 17, 2009 7:45 am

CloneForm sounds like a better idea. I'll put in my vote for that. That's basically what I'm going to do, anyway (something similar, at least). TGBlank recommended creating new INI settings per weapon (at least I think he did), so that's what I'm going to try for now. That's only about 500 settings to keep track of (for now).

Not one per weapon. With some minimal binary knowledge you could turn a single numeric setting into 32 true-false flags i believe, or several concatenated floats/integers.
Elina

Post » Mon Aug 17, 2009 12:11 am

The problem is that it's not necessarily binary the way I'm trying to make it. There are possibly an unlimited number of changes to the same attribute on the same weapon. That's at least the way I intended it. The more of these I make, the more I might think binary's the way to go. I haven't given up yet, though.

Edit: I didn't see the concatenation suggestion. That might be a good idea.
biiibi

Post » Mon Aug 17, 2009 9:31 am

As some of you way know, if you log into GFWL in Fallout 3, you're prompted for the new 1.5.0.22 patch. Will compatibility be added for it soon? (it actually does more than set up the achievements... for example, the vats bug is finally fixed :D)
Loane

Post » Sun Aug 16, 2009 9:44 pm

Could I put in a request to make lists modified by ListAddForm and ListRemoveForm and the like persist across save games (i.e. modify the actual list)? Not a big priority (for you or me, I assume), but it would be nice.

Edit: Found permanent functions of these two in the GECK sans FOSE

Thanks for the great work on FOSE! I just started using this, and so far, it's been great.
Mariana

PreviousNext

Return to Fallout 3