[RELz] Fallout Script Extender (FOSE) v1

Post » Sun Aug 16, 2009 6:26 pm

I know, I'm not :) It was just in case he had a similar situation to mine, one where he couldn't really wait.
Once the plugin architecture will be out, I might release it that way (although most of the stuff are really specific to my project).
Big mike

Post » Mon Aug 17, 2009 6:41 am

With the SetIsControl command, am I right in thinking that it only flags a key as a custom control, rather than actually binding a Fallout 3 control to that key?

If so, how is the controlCode parameter used?

Thanks.

[edit]
And another stupid question... how does one cancel a SetIsControl?
Bonnie Clyde

Post » Mon Aug 17, 2009 2:29 am

With the SetIsControl command, am I right in thinking that it only flags a key as a custom control, rather than actually binding a Fallout 3 control to that key?

If so, how is the controlCode parameter used?

Thanks.

[edit]
And another stupid question... how does one cancel a SetIsControl?

Right, SetIsControl lets one mod inform other mods that it is using a specific key or mouse button as a custom control; modders can check GetIsControl to detect and prevent conflicts.
There is no controlCode param.
(nothing) SetIsControl keyCode:short isControl:bool

keyCode is the scan code of the key/mouse button.
To unregister a key as a control pass 0 for the second param.
Far'ed K.G.h.m

Post » Mon Aug 17, 2009 10:28 am

Right, SetIsControl lets one mod inform other mods that it is using a specific key or mouse button as a custom control; modders can check GetIsControl to detect and prevent conflicts.
There is no controlCode param.
(nothing) SetIsControl keyCode:short isControl:bool

keyCode is the scan code of the key/mouse button.
To unregister a key as a control pass 0 for the second param.

Ok, thanks. I was going by the http://fose.silverlock.org/fose_command_doc.html on the FOSE site, which says
SetIsControl
Alias: none
Parameters:2
controlCode:Integer
scanCode:Integer
Return Type: Bool
Opcode: 0x1462 (5218)
Condition Function: No
Introduced In: 1
Calling Convention: B
Description: Flags a key or mouse button as a control, allowing modders to define custom controls - other scripts can then use IsControl to detect conflicts in which two mods try to use the same key for different actions.

Is there other documentation elsewhere? I couldn't see it linked to on the main site.
Rob Smith

Post » Mon Aug 17, 2009 12:59 am

Ok, thanks. I was going by the http://fose.silverlock.org/fose_command_doc.html on the FOSE site, which says

Is there other documentation elsewhere? I couldn't see it linked to on the main site.

Check http://obse.silverlock.org/obse_command_doc.html. FOSE and OBSE share a lot of the code base so there is quite a bit of function overlap, and OBSE has a more verbose readme.
Jack

Post » Mon Aug 17, 2009 2:41 am

I'm not sure this is the right place to ask but, while I can script in vanilla okay, I'm not a hugely talented scripter and FOSE looks real complicated so...

How would I use GetCrosshairRef in a script?

I pretty much want the player to hover over an item, then the script comes back as true that I've got my crosshair over a reference and a message is displayed (not a message box, the messages such as radiation and radio signals. Not sure if its possible to do this. If not a message box is fine.)

Thanks in advance for you help.
Cesar Gomez

Post » Mon Aug 17, 2009 2:30 am

@Smokindan
http://www.gamesas.com/bgsforums/index.php?showtopic=972091
x a million...

Post » Sun Aug 16, 2009 7:49 pm

I've updated the loader so it can work with the FPS limiter D3D hook. Download available at http://fose.silverlock.org/download/fose_loader.zip. Add the command line argument -fpslimit 30 to limit the frame rate to 30FPS. For the option to work, you'll need to copy Limiter_D3D9.dll and HookHelper.dll from the FPS_Limiter install in to the Fallout folder.
ruCkii

Post » Mon Aug 17, 2009 2:52 am

Check http://obse.silverlock.org/obse_command_doc.html. FOSE and OBSE share a lot of the code base so there is quite a bit of function overlap, and OBSE has a more verbose readme.

Thanks, that's very useful.

It still leaves the question, though, if the two documents differ is it because the FOSE document is wrong or because the functionality has changed? While there's a lot of overlap between FOSE and OBSE, they are two different things.

I perfectly understand why the FOSE documentation is very brief (for goodness' sake, verbose documentation can take weeks!), but scruggsywuggsy's response to my question showed that the FOSE document was simply wrong - hopefully just one little mistake that got overlooked and that will be fixed as soon as they have a bit of breathing space.
Travis

Post » Mon Aug 17, 2009 2:20 am

I've solved my freezing problem. For now at least. I need to more extensive testing (playing :)).

Fallout would not only freeze during play but it would also freeze when trying to exit the game, forcing me to use Task Manager to end it.
I had 2 options in my Fallout.ini file that seemed to cause the problem. I don't know which one and frankly I don't care right now.

"bUseThreadedAI" and "bMultiThreadAudio." Setting them both to '0' fixed it.

Sorry for the mix up guys. :(
I can now play my favorite mod again :celebration:
Elizabeth Falvey

Post » Sun Aug 16, 2009 9:52 pm

Both those settings are apparently good for performance though. :sadvaultboy:
Niisha

Post » Mon Aug 17, 2009 1:27 am

I'd like to carry over my badly placed request in the Minimap thread: A use case for SetUIFloat/SetUIString. Can't find a single thing on google about either, and it'd be great to see how to make a simple number appear (That isn't there by default) and change it, or a string.
Strawberry

Post » Mon Aug 17, 2009 12:03 am

SetUIString "HUDMainMenu\Bonanza\textelement1\string" "Bonanaza"SetUIFloat  "HUDMainMenu\Bonanza\user2" 200set myVar to GetUIFloat "HUDMainMenu\Bonanza\user2"

Oscar Vazquez

Post » Mon Aug 17, 2009 5:39 am

SetUIString "HUDMainMenu\Bonanza\textelement1\string" "Bonanaza"   SetUIFloat  "HUDMainMenu\Bonanza\user2" 200   set myVar to GetUIFloat "HUDMainMenu\Bonanza\user2"

Thanks DarN. That's pretty much what I expected actually setting the values to be like, good to know I wasn't doing that part wrong.

It still leaves the part of actually making user2/textelement1 in the xml. Was there a tutorial or even a xmlui ref buried somewhere that I missed? It's right up your alley, but I'd rather take a glance at a reference/doc than bother you or spend a few more hours c/p'ing xml elements in the extracted ui around to figure it out. :X
Kevin Jay

Post » Mon Aug 17, 2009 5:13 am

I'm not aware of any docs, so here a snippet:

<menu name="HUDMainMenu">	<class> &HUDMainMenu; </class>	......snip......	<rect name="Bonanza">		<user2> 2.0 </user2>		...		<text name="textelement1">			<string></string>		</text>	</rect>	......snip......</menu>

This is the basic required structure for the example I posted before. Read the menu files - you'll learn a lot. :)
GabiiE Liiziiouz

Post » Mon Aug 17, 2009 10:45 am

I'm not aware of any docs, so here a snippet:

<menu name="HUDMainMenu">	 <class> &HUDMainMenu; </class>	 ......snip......	 <rect name="Bonanza">		 <user2> 2.0 </user2>		 ...		 <text name="textelement1">			 <string></string>		 </text>	 </rect>	 ......snip...... </menu>

This is the basic required structure for the example I posted before. Read the menu files - you'll learn a lot. :)

Thanks a bunch, DarN. Hopefully I won't have to use durability as a charge meter much longer >_>
Lil Miss

Post » Mon Aug 17, 2009 9:12 am

Excuse me, but where are the DLC's located so I can move them?
Philip Lyon

Post » Sun Aug 16, 2009 7:55 pm

Just to keep bothering you guys :P... do you have any idea when FOSE v2 will be out, and if it'll have cloneform working?
jaideep singh

Post » Mon Aug 17, 2009 7:52 am

Excuse me, but where are the DLC's located so I can move them?

C:\Documents and Settings\USERNAME\Local Settings\Application Data\Microsoft\Xlive\DLC for XP
C:\Users\User Name\AppData\Local\Microsoft\XLive\DLC for Vista
Benji

Post » Mon Aug 17, 2009 7:00 am

Just to keep bothering you guys :P... do you have any idea when FOSE v2 will be out, and if it'll have cloneform working?

Don't think we have an ETA for v2 at this point. The patch/update situation with Bethesda has us at a bit of an impasse - another update is inevitable before release of the third DLC.
Saving of cloned forms is already implemented but not exposed as we still need to implement loading of those forms (trickier). It's definitely near the top of the todo list.
maria Dwyer

Post » Sun Aug 16, 2009 9:00 pm

Here's an update fixing crashes when manipulating UI tile data in 1.4.6 and 1.4.6b: http://fose.silverlock.org/beta/fose_v1_1_beta5.zip.
Cartoon

Post » Mon Aug 17, 2009 6:29 am

It's definitely near the top of the todo list.

Right below string vars eh? ;)

Here's an update fixing crashes when manipulating UI tile data in 1.4.6 and 1.4.6b: http://fose.silverlock.org/beta/fose_v1_1_beta5.zip.

Works like a charm. :) There's a 1.4.6b?
Kelly Upshall

Post » Mon Aug 17, 2009 5:48 am

Works like a charm. :) There's a 1.4.6b?

It's a made-up name I gave to the other version of 1.4.6 that was built at a later date and released to some regions in Europe as well as Steam. US = 1.4.6, Steam/Austria/Germany/Italy/probably other places that haven't been reported to me or I don't remember off the top of my head = 1.4.6b. Not sure if there are any useful differences between the two versions.
Yonah

Post » Mon Aug 17, 2009 6:55 am

http://ui.darnified.net/wip/F3/HUDDateTime.jpg. :D
Veronica Martinez

Post » Sun Aug 16, 2009 8:46 pm

Do want D:

(Partly to look at your code for teh learnings <_<)
Mel E

PreviousNext

Return to Fallout 3