[RelZ] FWE - FO3 Wanderers Edition #46

Post » Sat Feb 19, 2011 4:33 am

Can I just quickly ask if FWE has a plugin refurbish type thing integrated into it (to make the official DLC quests not start automatically) ?

Ive looked on the FWE website and can't find anything.

Thanks noble ones.

EDIT:

Also, the 6.03 hotfix installs the alternate travel.esp and the optional restore tracers (automatics only).esp even though I didnt want them from the FWE Main Package...Do I just untick them in FOMM and everythings cool?
Cat Haines

Post » Sat Feb 19, 2011 1:37 am

Stompe you have quite a few problems with your installed ESPs - at work but will respond in more detail later...

EDIT: Here is what I see but others please feel free:

DarNifiedUIF3.esp = install order DUIalpha, DUIhotfix, FWE6 part 1, FWE6 part2, FWE hotfix 6.03 and finally DUI for FWE 6.02+

DUIF3Extras.esp = No friggin clue what this is and dont use until you get things working

CRAFT - Activation Perk.esp = already included in FWE 6 so uninstall

EVE - if you use 97 (and you should its much better than 96), you need the user updated FOIP 97 and FOIP 97 pulse fix - see EVE comments section plus 1 user has it up on Nexus

Mart's Mutant Mod - Natural Selection.esp, Mart's Mutant Mod - Master Menu Module.esp, Mart's Mutant Mod - Tougher Traders.esp, Mart's Mutant Mod - Tougher Traders.esp - Big no no - already included in FWE through FIOP patch - uninstall completely = BTW the MMM FWE FIOP "presets these settings automatically" to start this way so you already get them to start!!! In your pipboy menu you can make changes however you want....

Mart's Mutant Mod - FWE Master Release + DLCs.esp (Inactive) = activate but I think it comes before MMM FWE PB.esp

finally, install BOSS as it will fix any load order problems automatically and is a feature option in the menu of either FOMM or Wrye Flash....to automate the load order process...

Thank you! It seems the problem was a conflict between MMMs options and the same intergrated ones from FOIP. So now it works.
I am however getting a few crashes here and there. Fairly regularly anyone got any ideas on how to make it run a little bit smoother? What programs one should use etc.
Brandi Norton

Post » Sat Feb 19, 2011 2:18 am

Stompe just post your new load order again in case I missed something...
Sxc-Mary

Post » Sat Feb 19, 2011 6:05 am

Stompe just post your new load order again in case I missed something...

Sure, here it goes:
Fallout3.esm
Masterlist Information: $Revision$, $Date$, $LastChangedBy$

Anchorage.esm

ThePitt.esm

BrokenSteel.esm

PointLookout.esm

Zeta.esm

CRAFT.esm

CALIBR.esm

Project Beauty.esm

EVE.esm

FO3 Wanderers Edition - Main File.esm

Mart's Mutant Mod.esm

Project Beauty- Broken Steel.esp

Project Beauty- Point Lookout.esp

DarNifiedUIF3.esp

FO3 Wanderers Edition - Main File.esp

FO3 Wanderers Edition - DLC Anchorage.esp

FO3 Wanderers Edition - DLC Broken Steel.esp

FO3 Wanderers Edition - DLC Mothership Zeta.esp

FO3 Wanderers Edition - DLC Point Lookout.esp

FO3 Wanderers Edition - DLC The Pitt.esp

FO3 Wanderers Edition - Followers Enhanced (BrokenSteel).esp

FO3 Wanderers Edition - Optional VATS Realtime.esp

FO3 Wanderers Edition - Project Beauty.esp

FO3 Wanderers Edition - Project Beauty (Followers Enhanced).esp

WeaponModKits.esp

WeaponModKits - FWE Master Release.esp

WeaponModKits - OperationAnchorage.esp

WeaponModKits - ThePitt.esp

WeaponModKits - BrokenSteel.esp

WeaponModKits - PointLookout.esp

WeaponModKits - Zeta.esp

EVE.esp

EVE - FWE Master Release.esp

EVE - FWE Master Release (Follower Enhanced).esp

EVE Operation Anchorage.esp

EVE - FWE with WeaponModKits.esp

EVE Anchorage - FWE DLC Anchorage.esp

Mart's Mutant Mod.esp

Mart's Mutant Mod - DLC Anchorage.esp

Mart's Mutant Mod - DLC The Pitt.esp

Mart's Mutant Mod - DLC Broken Steel.esp

Mart's Mutant Mod - DLC Point Lookout.esp

Mart's Mutant Mod - DLC Zeta.esp

Mart's Mutant Mod - Project Beauty.esp

Mart's Mutant Mod - FWE Master Release.esp

Mart's Mutant Mod - FWE Master Release + DLCs.esp

Mart's Mutant Mod - FWE Master Release + Project Beauty.esp

Springvale Water Tower.esp

Merged.esp

So, how would one check for conflicts and such?
Charlie Ramsden

Post » Sat Feb 19, 2011 4:05 am

Stability can be a tricky thing, to be perfectly honest, as obtaining good stability with the game seems to differ from system to system. I would suggest taking a peek at some tweak guides relating to FO3 (I think they can be found linked in the FO3 General Discussion Forums in a thread about graphics I believe). Assorted INI edits, system tweaks, and the lot can really amp up performance and stability.

I say this only because I am not noticing any immediate or glaring issues with your LO now.

EDIT: In regards to checking for conflicts, I use FO3Edit for that, applying the appropriate filters (there are guides out there on this if you need it, I did) and comparing the information manually myself to see what is going on in the files.
Dorian Cozens

Post » Sat Feb 19, 2011 12:29 pm

Stability can be a tricky thing, to be perfectly honest, as obtaining good stability with the game seems to differ from system to system. I would suggest taking a peek at some tweak guides relating to FO3 (I think they can be found linked in the FO3 General Discussion Forums in a thread about graphics I believe). Assorted INI edits, system tweaks, and the lot can really amp up performance and stability.

I say this only because I am not noticing any immediate or glaring issues with your LO now.

EDIT: In regards to checking for conflicts, I use FO3Edit for that, applying the appropriate filters (there are guides out there on this if you need it, I did) and comparing the information manually myself to see what is going on in the files.

However, i realised that i lacked proper DarnUI / FWE support (such as displaying needs). So i figured i should reinstall the mods. Which i did. Now i only have FWE and DarnUI active. And i get instant CTD upon game start...
I installed (after completly deactivating all mods via FOMM) DarnUI a11 and a11Hotfix, then FWE, and after that the FWE DarnUI files. So. what did i do wrong this time?
Cat Haines

Post » Sat Feb 19, 2011 5:45 am

However, i realised that i lacked proper DarnUI / FWE support (such as displaying needs). So i figured i should reinstall the mods. Which i did. Now i only have FWE and DarnUI active. And i get instant CTD upon game start...
I installed (after completly deactivating all mods via FOMM) DarnUI a11 and a11Hotfix, then FWE, and after that the FWE DarnUI files. So. what did i do wrong this time?

Did you get the INI edits and all in place for DUI, I think if you miss those it CTDs
Gill Mackin

Post » Sat Feb 19, 2011 12:01 am

Stompe - did you know that your load order is wrong with EVE (easily fixed with BOSS). Secondly, since you created a merged patch from FO3edit, did you create a new one each time you install or uninstall a mod....painful but having an old merged patch will cause a CTD since the merged patch is looking for an esm/esp that is missing. I now think its probably not a problem with your game crashing due to darN.

2 files you do not need:
1. Mart's Mutant Mod - Project Beauty.esp = already included from newest FOIP (install instructions are not updated) in Mart's Mutant Mod - FWE Master Release + Project Beauty.esp
2. Springvale Water Tower.esp = until you get FWE working properly, don't include anything else for now.

So if you want to do what Redeye and I do:

1. Download BOSS = use the newest 1.65 automated install program. As BOSS changes, you can update the masterfile right within FOMM via the menu = it will auto correct your load order.
http://www.fallout3nexus.com/downloads/file.php?id=10193

2. Create a new merged patch.

For install order: Follow these instructions but install DarN and DarN hotfix first, FWE parts1&2 plus FWE 6.03 hotfix, then DarN for FWE 6.02+ (this file must come last after DarN and FWE installation then just follow along and install each in order by the recommended mods on the list:
http://sites.google.com/site/fo3wanderersedition/recommended-mods

EDIT: One more thought - do you have games for windows live disabled? You must do that as well or it will cause CTD...which is another mod here:
http://www.fallout3nexus.com/downloads/file.php?id=1086
M!KkI

Post » Sat Feb 19, 2011 3:06 am

Also, which version of EVE is it that you are using, now that I think on it - the latest version requires a patch not on the FOIP page (I believe), as the FOIP patch is for an older version of EVE than the most recent. Just ended up thinking about this, and thought I would toss it out - gotta get back to work now.
Kayleigh Williams

Post » Fri Feb 18, 2011 9:50 pm

Thanks for the help, ive redone my loadorder. But the main problem right now is darnUI / FWE patches. I've gotten Darn to work with a10 version, but that one seems incompatible with FWEDarnui patch. But with a11 with hotfix refuses to work. Ive done 2 separate installs on a clean fallout 3 install. So there cannot be any conflicts. I've also ′double checked the ini files and all seems good on that front.

All of those old duplicates are gone, but those conflicts didnt seem to do much trouble except for a few crashes here and there. The FWE/Darn is a straight CTD issue. I will try the games for windows disabler. Maybe that messes something up.

Thanks for your help! Much appreciated.

Almost makes my unemployment seem productive.
Austin Suggs

Post » Sat Feb 19, 2011 8:40 am

Thanks for the help, ive redone my loadorder. But the main problem right now is darnUI / FWE patches. I've gotten Darn to work with a10 version, but that one seems incompatible with FWEDarnui patch. But with a11 with hotfix refuses to work. Ive done 2 separate installs on a clean fallout 3 install. So there cannot be any conflicts. I've also ′double checked the ini files and all seems good on that front.

All of those old duplicates are gone, but those conflicts didnt seem to do much trouble except for a few crashes here and there. The FWE/Darn is a straight CTD issue. I will try the games for windows disabler. Maybe that messes something up.

Thanks for your help! Much appreciated.

Almost makes my unemployment seem productive.

Sorry to hear about your unemployment...

Some more things to try:
1. Unistall FWE DarN 6.02+ and FWEs Hotfix 6.03 located here is the one I assume you are using - DELETE the FOMOD files you are using inside FOMM and download directory and REDOWNLOAD these 2 files to ensure no corrupted downloads:
http://www.fallout3nexus.com/downloads/file.php?id=2761

2. Unistall DarN Alpha 11 Hotfix and Alpha 11 delete those files in FOMM and download directory and REDOWNLOAD to ensure you have good DarN files assuming you are installing DarN 11 as instructed by DarN:
http://www.gamesas.com/index.php?/topic/1121454-wipzbeta-darnified-ui-f3/

3. Delete your fallout 3 games folder in your Windows games directory, NOT and I mean NOT your fallout 3 folder as your master INI should not be touched

4. Click on your FO3launcher.exe in your fallout 3 folder to reset your graphic card settings in the games folder then exit (DO NOT START NEW GAME)

5. Click on your FO3.exe in your fallout 3 folder to reset your INI base file in the games folder then exit (DO NOT START NEW GAME)

6. Install DarN alpha 11 FOMOD and DarN alpha 11 hotfix - install and overright all as directed in FOMM

7. Install FWE Hotfix 6.03 from main FWE download page on NEXUS - overright all

8. Install FWE DarN 6.02+ from main FWE download page on NEXUS - overright all

9. Launch game from FOSE.exe in fallout directory or FOMM button launch inside FOMM and NOW Start a new game
Tyler F

Post » Sat Feb 19, 2011 1:46 am

I'm having a texture issue with many items. Basically the items display a texture that is similar to the closest proximity object, wall, rock etc. I've checked and unchecked archive invalidation. Just wondering if this is an ongoing issue that people have experienced or if I have somehow messed up my installation.
Thanks.
Mimi BC

Post » Sat Feb 19, 2011 1:36 am

Is there a way to hide the indicators of Primary Needs displaying in the interfaz?

EDIT: Nevermind, I found it :thumbsup:
yessenia hermosillo

Post » Sat Feb 19, 2011 7:39 am

Sorry to hear about your unemployment...

Some more things to try:
1. Unistall FWE DarN 6.02+ and FWEs Hotfix 6.03 located here is the one I assume you are using - DELETE the FOMOD files you are using inside FOMM and download directory and REDOWNLOAD these 2 files to ensure no corrupted downloads:
http://www.fallout3nexus.com/downloads/file.php?id=2761

2. Unistall DarN Alpha 11 Hotfix and Alpha 11 delete those files in FOMM and download directory and REDOWNLOAD to ensure you have good DarN files assuming you are installing DarN 11 as instructed by DarN:
http://www.gamesas.com/index.php?/topic/1121454-wipzbeta-darnified-ui-f3/

3. Delete your fallout 3 games folder in your Windows games directory, NOT and I mean NOT your fallout 3 folder as your master INI should not be touched

4. Click on your FO3launcher.exe in your fallout 3 folder to reset your graphic card settings in the games folder then exit (DO NOT START NEW GAME)

5. Click on your FO3.exe in your fallout 3 folder to reset your INI base file in the games folder then exit (DO NOT START NEW GAME)

6. Install DarN alpha 11 FOMOD and DarN alpha 11 hotfix - install and overright all as directed in FOMM

7. Install FWE Hotfix 6.03 from main FWE download page on NEXUS - overright all

8. Install FWE DarN 6.02+ from main FWE download page on NEXUS - overright all

9. Launch game from FOSE.exe in fallout directory or FOMM button launch inside FOMM and NOW Start a new game

It works! Thanks to you and RedEye for all the help. Much appreciated.
Lizs

Post » Sat Feb 19, 2011 11:04 am

I can level my skills over 100. Is this cause FWE or it is suposed to be like that in vanilla?

EDIT: O.k., is DarnUI
Jennifer Rose

Post » Sat Feb 19, 2011 11:20 am

I'm having a texture issue with many items. Basically the items display a texture that is similar to the closest proximity object, wall, rock etc. I've checked and unchecked archive invalidation. Just wondering if this is an ongoing issue that people have experienced or if I have somehow messed up my installation.
Thanks.

It's a basic Fallout 3 bug AFAIK. I've noticed it as well, but only when loading a save after dying or exiting to the main menu. I don't have any issues with it as long as I restart the game before every reload. It's annoying, but it's the only workaround for me. They might as well auto-kick you out of the game when you die :P.
Unstoppable Judge

Post » Fri Feb 18, 2011 11:34 pm

Mart's Mutant Mod - FWE with EVE.esp (FROM FOIP)

I can't find this file from FOIP and it isnt mentioned in the load order list on the FWE site but is mentioned at the beginning of this thread.
Maria Leon

Post » Sat Feb 19, 2011 8:37 am

I've been away from FO3 for quite awhile... got new computer and so wanted to give it a try.

I wanted to use FWE and quickly read thru what it does... but I had missed that it incorporated
Better Living Thru Chems.

Not only had I installed FWE but also BLTC. Can I simply disable all BLTC in FOMM?
Will it then revert to FWE?
I believe I installed BLTC after FWE... would I need to reinstall FWE to overwrite with FWE latest files?
Anne marie

Post » Sat Feb 19, 2011 12:57 pm

Is anyone having an issue with the Sprint mod perk Charge!? I usually take it as my first perk but when I sprint I'm pretty much moving the same speed. The sprint works correctly if I DO NOT take Charge! as a perk.
Causon-Chambers

Post » Sat Feb 19, 2011 12:02 pm

Damn this mod is hard. Or maybe I'm just getting old?

I had not played FO3 for a long time. Won't do Steam so FONV is out for me. Back in the day, I'd played FO3 enough to know what mods I like to have running (CRAFT, CALIBR, FWE being the basic set, plus slower leveling).

Now I've got all the DLC running and have been trying to have a clean through "Dead is Dead" run: meaning I NEVER die.

I'm increasingly thinking it is impossible, even just on Normal difficulty.

Anybody ever done this?

With Oblivion, Dead is Dead is _almost_ doable. I had made it up to 10th level or something before I just got so insanely powerful it was getting stupid easy (heavily modded game).

But FO3 with FWE, mostly with harsher type settings, and I'm _really_ struggling. Maybe I should only play when I'm not distracted and well rested?

Any suggestions or comments?
Sandeep Khatkar

Post » Fri Feb 18, 2011 9:02 pm

I play Dead is Dead, even without Primary Needs, moodded food to heal over time, and stims to heal more ( over time ), I'm having a really hard time getting past level 5....
Heather Stewart

Post » Sat Feb 19, 2011 12:44 am

This mod was the absolute go-to overhaul when it still functioned with FOOK2. It's a shame it doesn't any more, but ultimately I think I'll have to stick with this one.
Tyler F

Post » Fri Feb 18, 2011 9:38 pm

Posted this over at the FWE forums, but that place seems kinda quiet.

I played FO3 a lot last year, and got my set of mods I like all set up. Recently I finally installed the DLC, and started back playing.

Looks like I'm using

Description:
Fallout Wanderers Edition
Master Release 3.2

Masters:
Fallout3.esmCRAFT.esmCALIBR.esmFO3 Wanderers Edition - Main File.esm

Would it be advisable to just DL the last 6.03 and install it, or should I do some interim steps?

Amanda savory

Post » Sat Feb 19, 2011 3:53 am

Mart's Mutant Mod - FWE with EVE.esp (FROM FOIP)

Does anyone have this file? I still cannot find it and EVE doesnt appear to be working in my game.
Bonnie Clyde

Previous

Return to Fallout 3