[RelZ] FWE - FO3 Wanderers Edition #46

Post » Sat Feb 19, 2011 12:54 pm

Everytime i press B my pipboy light comes on. I have tried to find a hotkey to change it but i cannot see it. Can anyone help me out.
Louise

Post » Sat Feb 19, 2011 4:36 am

How do I go about installing the hotfix 6.03? Do I just load it in like I did for FWE and then rebuild my merged patch? Or do I have to do something else?
Dragonz Dancer

Post » Sat Feb 19, 2011 5:38 am

How do I go about installing the hotfix 6.03? Do I just load it in like I did for FWE and then rebuild my merged patch? Or do I have to do something else?

That's all I did, and it seems to be working great for me so far. Just create a new FOmod for it and it seems to have a FOMM script.
Eduardo Rosas

Post » Sat Feb 19, 2011 7:10 am

Is it just me? Or has the gatling laser gotten a significant buff?
Portions

Post » Sat Feb 19, 2011 8:40 am

Any place near Megaton that would be good for me to level up? FWE made the action so very hard. I didn't anticipate this and deliberately handicapped my character with 4 intelligence, 4 endurance, 4 charisma, and dumped the rest into 10 luck. I also ignored all ranged weapons and poured points into Medical, Science, and Repair. This amounts to a level 3 character that can't kill a raider. I also use Amy Wong for her trading route, but I can't have her follow me because she will ninja my kills and experience.

So I need a good, survivable place where I can level up so that I can put something into small guns. It's at 12 right now, and I wasted perks on child at heart and lady killer for the dialogue options.
Aliish Sheldonn

Post » Sat Feb 19, 2011 1:16 am

Any place near Megaton that would be good for me to level up? FWE made the action so very hard. I didn't anticipate this and deliberately handicapped my character with 4 intelligence, 4 endurance, 4 charisma, and dumped the rest into 10 luck. I also ignored all ranged weapons and poured points into Medical, Science, and Repair. This amounts to a level 3 character that can't kill a raider. I also use Amy Wong for her trading route, but I can't have her follow me because she will ninja my kills and experience.

So I need a good, survivable place where I can level up so that I can put something into small guns. It's at 12 right now, and I wasted perks on child at heart and lady killer for the dialogue options.

If you've got the difficulty setting on Hard or Very Hard, try turning it down to Normal. FWE was specifically balanced for play on Normal Mode, and if you turn it up, you end up with a situation where it takes half a dozen hunting rifle shots to the head to kill a single Raider, while his buddy can kill you in two hits with a broken Chinese Pistol. And if you're playing with MMM or another mod that adds increased spawns, you'll never make it.

As far as locations for leveling up, you might try the spot on the road between Megaton and the Super Duper Mart near the ruined farm house It's a random spawn location, so what you get there depends on what your game put there. Other than that there are the spawning Mole Rats south of Megaton, but those don't give you many XPs. You can speed up leveling within FWE, though. You could also head over to Springvale School, but there are quite a few Raiders there and you may not be able to handle it.

ETA - there's usually some critter spawns (at your level, mostly Mole Rats and Bloatflies, though I have encountered Radscorpions) just north of Springvale, before you reach the wrecked overpass further to the north. If you stick to the high ground just west of the ruined houses in Springvale, you can usually sneak past the Raiders at the school. Just don't get too close to the overpass, though, because that's crawling with Raiders.

Also, if you find the SPECIAL bobbleheads and you have the default settings in FWE, those allow you to tweak your SPECIAL stats, taking a point out of one attribute and putting it in another. The Strength bobblehead is located right inside Megaton.

Failing all that, seeing that your character is only Level 3, you could always start a new one with better stats and not lose too much.
Gen Daley

Post » Sat Feb 19, 2011 1:08 am

Only 12 in your chosen weapon skill! :laugh: Your in for a tough time... no sneak either? I suggest eeking out some xp hunting wasteland critters in the general area... maybe see if you can hitch yourself to a BOS patrol in the area N of Vault 101. Head to Springvale when you can kill a raider.

Edit: Another good and early raider spot is to head toward the raised highway NW from vault 101. If you can only kill bloatflies and molerats your in trouble!
James Potter

Post » Fri Feb 18, 2011 11:25 pm

I want to make my game as hard as possible. So should i put my game on normal. And put the global damage to max?
Marie

Post » Sat Feb 19, 2011 12:14 pm

I started very low in FWE as well, but I did put almost everything on small guns and medicine (which are essential on such hard settings). I also had Stylee Wong (heh I renamed her:) ), but she usually dies and is no real help in a fire fght. Oh yes, I always play on Normal, I never adjust those settings as Mods tend to be made with the Normal setting in mind. I set the global damage in FWE to max (X3)- Woo bullets hurt alright! Explosives are extremely dangerous. But enemies go down fast too. Fights can be realistically quick and hard.

I don`t know if this will help, but I always go to Moira (for the first job), sell any useless junk I found in the deserted Springvale and whatever I got in 101 and get a few mines then off to Super duper Mart. At Super Duper mart there`s always a fight going on with someone and raiders. If you just hang by the building they`ll be only about a couple of Raiders left who you should be able to pick off. Grab their stuff and everything from everyone else. Give Amy everything that`s not going to help in a fight and send her off to sell it. Remember you can specify to AMY to buy ammunition and stuff for you, not just money.

Creep into the Mart, there shouldn`t be any raiders close. Pop a couple of mines just beyond the way into the shelves area and rush back to take cover behind the wall by the entrance. If you`re REALLY quiet you can sneak into the little alcove on the right and grab a Bottlecap mine as well. The Raiders will come running and you`ll kill a few on the mines. Then blow away anyone coming around the corner. If you have a chance throw a couple of more mines at the entrance again and duck behind the wall- finish off any more attackers. Should only be a couple left after that which you can fnish off.
Hopefully, by the time you`re done, she`ll be back (she`s quite fast- she must have a motobike in her shorts!) and she`ll give you anything she`s got.

Once you get in the far end, make sure you activate the security Bot and use all the cover you can... You`ll need it. But by then, you`ll hopefully go up a level, unless you set your XP gain low. Which I did, but I don`t worry about going up levels - I just let it come with time. :)
Siobhan Wallis-McRobert

Post » Fri Feb 18, 2011 9:25 pm

First off, just in case: Play on normal. Bethesdian difficulty settings don't translate well to sensible difficulty.
Now that that's out of the way: FWE is hard. Bullets hit hard, grenades hit hard, mines hit harder, energy weapons hit really hard, so on. Everything is painful. The upshot of this is that a bullet to you is the same as a bullet to your enemy - the trick is to not be shot. If you can find a stealth boy it'll be *invaluable*, the stealth field section turns stealth boys from "Awesome yet impractical" as there's never a 2 minute period you actually want to be invisible for to "Awesome and practical", with a toggle, the downside being that you can't have it enabled for anywhere near as long at once or it'll grow unstable. Anyway, find one of those and you're laughing, they'll help a lot. Also, mines and running away are a great strategy for the projectile impaired. Your luck should help, you may not land many hits but those you do could go down well, so beg borrow and steal ammo until you have enough to just saturate the area in the hopes you score a good hit. And if you hear shooting, for the love of god get behind cover and don't come out until you no longer hear shooting.
Lilit Ager

Post » Sat Feb 19, 2011 4:27 am

I recall one of the creators saying FWE is set up with normal difficulty in mind. Up the difficulty and enemies become bullet sponges... hard but hardly realistic or, IMO, fun. I like lethality to be about equal for both PC and NPCs (critters/monsters are another story)- they will usually have the advantage in numbers. Maybe that's why your having a hard time killing raiders.

Using explosives is definitely a good idea.

BTW, I meant to say Outcast Patrol.
Star Dunkels Macmillan

Post » Sat Feb 19, 2011 7:48 am

And if you hear shooting, for the love of god get behind cover and don't come out until you no longer hear shooting.

Haha! Exactly!
Ezekiel Macallister

Post » Sat Feb 19, 2011 6:57 am

Yeah, I used to play FO3 on very hard all the time and did a few runs with FWE as well, but I had to powergame my character and it just wasn't all that fun. Could only afford perks/stats and skills that boosted my damage/DR, miniguns were mandatory at higher levels. Taking difficulty down by just one notch made a huge difference.
Noraima Vega

Post » Sat Feb 19, 2011 9:43 am

Does anyone know what exactly it is that sets power armor as requiring fitting?

I'm trying to edit the various Colossus Armor mods to be compatible with FWE and while the stats are easy, I can't figure out how to make it require fitting.

Edit: Never mind, someone already wrote a compatibility patch. It's available http://www.fallout3nexus.com/downloads/file.php?id=15011 for the Enclave version, if anyone else wants it.
brenden casey

Post » Fri Feb 18, 2011 10:55 pm

Does FWE grant human foes better aim? It seems to me that I am wasting effort trying to take out raiders from outside of medium distance when they can take me out with automatic weapons with the precision of a cyborg surgeon.

It would likely be better for me to get close and saturate them with bullets, if only I had the ammo. I've sent Amy Wong to buy 5.56 rounds. Another problem is how many there are, there is no singling one out before her pals come fast.
Harinder Ghag

Post » Fri Feb 18, 2011 11:00 pm

Does any body know if the perk "Tag!" modified by FWE is bugged?

I am asking because in the description it says that it adds 10 points immediately and +2 points for every point invested in that skill. But all I get is the 10 points and thats it.

Do you know what might be wrong?
Breanna Van Dijk

Post » Sat Feb 19, 2011 9:29 am

Does FWE grant human foes better aim? It seems to me that I am wasting effort trying to take out raiders from outside of medium distance when they can take me out with automatic weapons with the precision of a cyborg surgeon.

It would likely be better for me to get close and saturate them with bullets, if only I had the ammo. I've sent Amy Wong to buy 5.56 rounds. Another problem is how many there are, there is no singling one out before her pals come fast.

If you're looking for a longer range weapon, have you found the sniper rifle in the hollowed out rock south of Megaton? It'll probably be in pretty poor condition, but you might be able to get enough shots off at longer range to make the difference. The ammo will be scarce, too, but check with Lucky Harith the caravan merchant.
liz barnes

Post » Sat Feb 19, 2011 4:50 am

When wearing power armor I recieve the carry weight bonus, but I still get the over-encumbered message and I can't fast-travel.

Can I fix this?
Breanna Van Dijk

Post » Sat Feb 19, 2011 1:11 am

When wearing power armor I recieve the carry weight bonus, but I still get the over-encumbered message and I can't fast-travel.

Can I fix this?

Why repeatedly post the same question in multiple threads without waiting for someone to answer?
Alisia Lisha

Post » Sat Feb 19, 2011 6:21 am

Can I fix this?

Carry less? How heavy is the armor that you're trying to wear? How much carry bonus it gives? How heavy is the helmet (if you're wearing it too)? What was your encumbrance before that? Seriously, check the numbers before deciding that there's something need to be fixed.
Horror- Puppe

Post » Sat Feb 19, 2011 3:10 am

Are there any ironsight mods that are compatible with FWE?
meg knight

Post » Fri Feb 18, 2011 11:25 pm

Some do and some don`t, depending on the condition of their weapon. All it akes is looking in the FWE options, you can adjust how condition of a weapon affects your accuracy as well as AI and damage effects. I have my gun condition affecting only accuracy, not damage. So if you have a gun`s falling apart (low Condition) and a Raider has a gun at 50% condition he`s going to hit you more than you hit him. If you have 5 Raiders attacking you with at least 3 with weapons at 50% condition and your weapon is at 5%-10% then you`re in trouble.

Ways to deal with this are numerous.

1. Don`t go barging into a battle when you don`t know what you`re running into. Check out the area first- Scout it. Buy a telescope from Moira if you can afford it (you will soon with AMY selling stuff for you) or use the scope on any sniper guns.
2. If you have a sniper rifle, pick off the enemy from a distance. It can take a while before they realise what`s happening and you might kill a few by then. Of course you may not have a sniper rifle and at early levels your aim will be crap, so...
3. Collect mines and set them up after you`ve scouted an area. Get Raider attention then backoff and get cover. Especially good at dealing with pack charges- Some are smart and try to avoid. Either way it`ll slow them down.
4. Adjust FWE settings slightly on whether whether weapon`s condition affect sway or damage. Sway affects the AI more as they tend to have crappier condition weapons.
5. Above all, always, always get cover. whenever you reload, whenever they shoot at you, cover. Do NOT stand outin the open when being shot at by 3 or 4 or more enemies. Cover, cover, always. Also, the enemy must reload as well, so if you`re smart and under heavy firepower, you`ll wait a sec until they must reload then shoot.

@gyshall
FWE Overhaul- adds all the ironsights you need. I never leave home without it.
Rebecca Dosch

Post » Sat Feb 19, 2011 11:16 am

Is anyone else getting some kind of weird behavior with bullet time and pistols?

It doesn't happen with rifles, but with pistols when I'm in bullet time I'll fire off the first couple of shots at the normal speed (well, slower due to bullet time), but then I'll empty the entire rest of the clip in less than a second. This is obviously a pretty unfair advantage, and I'd like to remove it if I can. I checked in FO3Edit and nothing else seems to be modifying the bullet time scripts.

In the mean time, I'll just have to get out of my habit of clicking like a crack monkey when those super mutants are bearing down on me. :gun:
Lori Joe

Post » Fri Feb 18, 2011 8:31 pm

Dunno. I don`t use Bullet time. It`s one of those things I find silly. A bit like Vats. I`m glad it`s optional.
Killah Bee

Post » Sat Feb 19, 2011 4:39 am

not actually overencumbered though.

I can run and all, but the game says I can't fast travel because the game says "You are overencumbered and cannot run!" whenever I try.

I'm wearing the Enclave Power Armor which gives a carry bonus of around +70.

I'm not actually over the carry weight limit.
Tasha Clifford

PreviousNext

Return to Fallout 3