[RelZ] FWE - FO3 Wanderers Edition #46

Post » Sat Feb 19, 2011 10:09 am

Well, while I've played FWE a lot and never had such a problem I've always played it with disabled FT and used the motorcycle. Do you by any chance have the alternate travel esp enabled?
Ashley Tamen

Post » Sat Feb 19, 2011 12:30 pm

Thanks for the tip. I'll try adjusting sway now. I didn't think it would affect the AI at all.

That said, I'm at level 8 now and have raised small guns to 70 and am quite pleased with it. However, FWE just got MUCH harder very fast. I had done the GNR quest for Three-Dog and was trying to head back. I had used a mountain of ammo and an arsenal of weapons. Now I tried to head back to GNR and found some really difficult, dark-sharpshooting raiders and a fallen brotherhood in her old power armor. She ate up the last of my shotgun shell ammo and I had to face the rest with a lousy laser rifle with 30 skill in energy weapons. I reached the exit after uncrippling my injured chest, head, arm, and leg. GNR was only a matter of exiting the gate and running a few blocks to the building...

30 raiders, 15 ghouls, a maze of concrete

How am I supposed to get through THAT with 15 sneak? I have severely underestimated the deadly nature of FWE. I still want to play with FWE, but now I see that I really should have prepared more and not have sold that outcast power armor set.

Did you say that FWE has ironsights? I have to check, that would really help. But what would really help is to mitigate damage. Raiders can kill me with one shot even though I have combat armor and combat helmet mark II.
Penny Courture

Post » Sat Feb 19, 2011 2:49 am

No, I don't have the alternate travel.esp activated. I never chose the disable fast travel option either. It's basically like part of the game thinks I'm overencumbered, so I can't fast-travel and I get the pop-up message "You are overencumbered and cannot run", but the other half sees the carry weight bonus and lets me move regularly.

I've had this problem with FWE since version 3.
Lizzie

Post » Fri Feb 18, 2011 9:17 pm

Thanks for the tip. I'll try adjusting sway now. I didn't think it would affect the AI at all.

That said, I'm at level 8 now and have raised small guns to 70 and am quite pleased with it. However, FWE just got MUCH harder very fast. I had done the GNR quest for Three-Dog and was trying to head back. I had used a mountain of ammo and an arsenal of weapons. Now I tried to head back to GNR and found some really difficult, dark-sharpshooting raiders and a fallen brotherhood in her old power armor. She ate up the last of my shotgun shell ammo and I had to face the rest with a lousy laser rifle with 30 skill in energy weapons. I reached the exit after uncrippling my injured chest, head, arm, and leg. GNR was only a matter of exiting the gate and running a few blocks to the building...

Sounds like a typical day in my world!
You are also nearly at my level 10. Yes, I also maxed everything out on small guns which has put to 100+ (with any equipment). Now shootng with a sniper rifle is dreamy and my fave shotgun kills dead at close range, but yes, even with that the enemy are numerous. By the way weapon condition will still affect performance so keep it in good condition whenever you can, even at 100 it can sway a bit if condition is bad.

30 raiders, 15 ghouls, a maze of concrete

How am I supposed to get through THAT with 15 sneak? I have severely underestimated the deadly nature of FWE. I still want to play with FWE, but now I see that I really should have prepared more and not have sold that outcast power armor set.

I doubt you`d be able to use that armour as you need to be taught how to use it. I sold all mine long ago.

With a lot of patience. When you are playing FWE at the level we are playing you need to treat it a lot like a real soldier would. Pick and choose enemies. Lay your mine traps. Ghouls go down easily enough with well placed sniper shots at a distance or shotgun to the face - and yes, to the face, same with raiders- Keep your aim head high. They usually survive a body shot. Or use a spare rapid fire weapon.

I am also a crap sneaker, very rarely do I surprise anyone, but if you put away your weapon, switch off your radio and pipboy light and walk as you sneak you can actually scout out an area even on low sneak.

On weapons: You learn fast to use a FEW weapons and keep LOTS of ammo for just them. I tend to have a sniper rifle for long range, an M1 carbine or similar for mid range, a rapid fire like the MP40 or Garand (good for midrange toughies like charging Super Mutants) and my trusty Featherlite shotgun for anything close quarters. I might take the Magnum Revolver as a last ditch back up if I have space- It`s a cool weapon. I have ammo only for these weapons, the rest I drop or sell. Trying to use and carry everything is just unmanageable. I do keep lots of grenades and mines for mass attacks.

I do recommend taking a Companion fighter along just for a little extra backup. I use malcolm from Phalanx Mod because he can be ordrered to stay back and not blow your sneaking. It also uses an interesting system to deal with him being shot down without killing him which it makes it feel more realistic.

You could try other companion Mods like Jessi (she`s very good if set on Caution). You can have them Essential or not. I tend to go non-Essential, but that`s just me. having your companions non-Essential means lots of Companion ordering and baby sitting.

Amy Companion Mod is wonderful not as a fighter but as a Merchant. She`ll sell your stuff while you adventure and you can specify what you would like. Over several trips I have quite a lot of ammo of the type I needed. But take care of her- On later levels you`ll have to keep her at home to avoid her dying. She dies at the drop of a hat, but she still insists on charging anything face-to-face. Try her.

Did you say that FWE has ironsights? I have to check, that would really help.

It`s called FWE Enhanced I think.

But what would really help is to mitigate damage. Raiders can kill me with one shot even though I have combat armor and combat helmet mark II.

All I can say is plan ahead, scout, set mines if you have them, shoot enemies in the head\face for criticals that will blow their aiming and keep your armour in top condition (the guys in Rivet city are really good at fixing stuff) and take along a companion as back up, but even they will find it tough if you don`t order them wisely. And of course, start popping your skills on stuff like strength and endurance once you`re happy with small gun\Medicine skills.

And use cover, cover, cover.

Good luck!
Anthony Rand

Post » Sat Feb 19, 2011 3:42 am

Thank you very much for a detailed answer, Shield Watcher. I think I am getting the hang of it! I'm very paranoid and I do not enter an area before viewing different angles to see what could be around the corner, inside a building, and what is on my flanks. That way there are no surprises. And I am always going cover to cover so that it will be near if a missed foe targets me for sniping. I also do not hold my ground if there are ranged enemies closing in and there is plenty of cover.

Just now I laid a bottlecap mine and fell back to previous cover. There were five raiders and two came around the corner into the mine, which killed one and hurt the other which I mowed down. When the rest of them saw that they freaked out ran away somewhere into the distance. And things have gotten much better ever since I got the DKS-501 sniper that uses 5.56 ammo. Fallout 3 FWE has shaped up into much enjoyment after your tips, and more powerful weapons.

Even though I can't deny how unmerciful it was in the beginning, having all low combat skills.
Hot

Post » Sat Feb 19, 2011 4:52 am

Good stuff. Nice to see it`s getting easier. It`s the hardship at the start that makes it all feel more rewarding when you start getting better later.
X(S.a.R.a.H)X

Post » Sat Feb 19, 2011 8:37 am

I keep freezing at the baby scene. Sometimes right after I finish making my character, other times right at the beginning...it is random, but always at the baby scene...I remember I had this problem before with an older version of FWE, but forgot how I fixed it. Definitely FWE, as when I deactivate FWE, it works just fine and it doesn't freeze at all.

Here is my load order

Fallout3.esm
Anchorage.esm
ThePitt.esm
BrokenSteel.esm
PointLookout.esm
Zeta.esm
Unofficial Fallout 3 Patch.esm
CRAFT.esm
CALIBR.esm
iHUD.esm
EVE.esm
Destruction.esm
DCInteriors_ComboEdition.esm
IMCN.esm
StreetLights.esm
FO3 Wanderers Edition - Main File.esm
Mart's Mutant Mod.esm
Ambient Temperature.esm
Enhanced Weather - Rain and Snow.esm
Xepha's Dynamic Weather.esm
Unofficial Fallout 3 Patch - Operation Anchorage.esp
Unofficial Fallout 3 Patch - The Pitt.esp
Unofficial Fallout 3 Patch - Broken Steel.esp
Unofficial Fallout 3 Patch - Point Lookout.esp
Unofficial Fallout 3 Patch - Mothership Zeta.esp
DarNifiedUIF3.esp
regeneration_perk.esp
UPP - Pack 1.esp
UPP - Pack 2.esp
UPP - Experience Perks.esp
UPP - Quest Perks.esp
UPP - Beverage Perks.esp
Imp's More Complex Needs.esp
IMCN - 5 DLC Merged.esp
I'll Touch What I Want.esp
RandomEncounters.esp
Destruction - Main.esp
Destruction - Main - Statics.esp
Destruction - DLC.esp
Destruction - DLC - Statics.esp
DCInteriors_DLC_Collectables.esp
Ambient Temperature HUD.esp
Ambient Temperature - OA.esp
MTC Wasteland Travellers.esp
MTC Wasteland Travellers (Optional)- Crowded Cities less NPCs.esp
More2Megaton.esp
Megaton House and Theme Overhaul.esp
Megaton Walkway.esp
FO3 Wanderers Edition - Main File.esp
FO3 Wanderers Edition - DLC Anchorage.esp
FO3 Wanderers Edition - DLC The Pitt.esp
FO3 Wanderers Edition - DLC Broken Steel.esp
FO3 Wanderers Edition - DLC Point Lookout.esp
FO3 Wanderers Edition - DLC Mothership Zeta.esp
FO3 Wanderers Edition - Followers Enhanced (BrokenSteel).esp
EVE.esp
EVE Operation Anchorage.esp
EVE - FWE Master Release.esp (note: I downloaded someones .esp he posted on the interoperability, so it works with latest EVE and FWE, fixed menu problem)
EVE - FWE Master Release (Follower Enhanced).esp (note: same as above)
EVE Anchorage - FWE DLC Anchorage.esp
Mart's Mutant Mod.esp
Mart's Mutant Mod - DLC Anchorage.esp
Mart's Mutant Mod - DLC The Pitt.esp
Mart's Mutant Mod - DLC Broken Steel.esp
Mart's Mutant Mod - DLC Point Lookout.esp
Mart's Mutant Mod - DLC Zeta.esp
Mart's Mutant Mod - FWE Master Release + DLCs.esp
IMCN - FWE Compatibility and Ingestibles.esp
IMCN - MMM Meats, Bloods, and Eyeballs.esp
FO3 Wanderers Edition - Talon Loot Crash Fix.esp (note: Even deactivated, it still freezes, so left it on)
StreetLights - Wasteland.esp
Xepha's Dynamic Weather - Main.esp
Xepha's Dynamic Weather - Rain.esp
Xepha's Dynamic Weather - Sandstorm.esp
Xepha's Dynamic Weather - Green Tint Remover.esp
IMCN - Ambient Temperature.esp

Total active plugins: 76
Total plugins: 77

Total active plugins: 76
Total plugins: 77

See anything wrong? I can't make it past character creation area.

I got FWE master release 6.0 part 1 and 2, then I got FWE patch update, and then got the hotfix patch
JaNnatul Naimah

Post » Fri Feb 18, 2011 9:44 pm

Vendayn - try removing all of unofficial mods cause they were made for 1.1 or 1.2 of fallout, not the 1.7 version. FWE also corrects many of the problems the unofficial mods try to solve so you may be getting conflicts that way - if you werent using FWE then I would suggests using the unofficials...I stopped using unofficial mods a while ago. Plus I think u need the unified hud to make ihud work properly which may be another solution. Finally, you dont need streetlights wasteland as streetlights.esm incorporates the wasteland streetlights. Also you may want to consider real lights with the mods you are using to add more realism to lights inside interior cells.

Another item - more2megaton may conflict with megaton walkways and megaton house and theme overhaul - you will need to check through fo3edit.
JD bernal

Post » Fri Feb 18, 2011 8:43 pm

Vendayn - try removing all of unofficial mods cause they were made for 1.1 or 1.2 of fallout, not the 1.7 version. FWE also corrects many of the problems the unofficial mods try to solve so you may be getting conflicts that way - if you werent using FWE then I would suggests using the unofficials...I stopped using unofficial mods a while ago. Plus I think u need the unified hud to make ihud work properly which may be another solution. Finally, you dont need streetlights wasteland as streetlights.esm incorporates the wasteland streetlights. Also you may want to consider real lights with the mods you are using to add more realism to lights inside interior cells.

Another item - more2megaton may conflict with megaton walkways and megaton house and theme overhaul - you will need to check through fo3edit.

Thanks. :) I'll make the changes. Didn't know the unofficial patches were old, should have looked...but after Oblivion and early Fallout 3, I just assumed they were fine and it was second nature to download them. Good to know they aren't up to date anymore.

And yeah, more2megaton does conflict, so I'll remove the other two mods. According to more2megaton, it is incompatible with house mods and mods that change the layout.

Though according to Immersive HUD mod page, it is compatible with DarnUI, Imps More Complex Needs, and Ambient Temperature (among others that I don't use)...should be fine. It doesn't appear Unified UI supports Immersive HUD at moment, anyway. At least, it doesn't list it on its mod page.

(edit)

Okay, so I deactivated Telon Loot Crash Fix...and made it after creation screen, but as soon as I entered the room you start in the vault...it froze. The next game (Loot crash still activated), froze as soon as I tried getting into the game at the black screen, before you choose a gender. Then the third try, I chose my name and was about to customize my character, but again it froze.

I wonder if it is something else other than FWE...well here is my new load order

Fallout3.esm
Anchorage.esm
ThePitt.esm
BrokenSteel.esm
PointLookout.esm
Zeta.esm
CRAFT.esm
CALIBR.esm
iHUD.esm
EVE.esm
Destruction.esm
DCInteriors_ComboEdition.esm
IMCN.esm
StreetLights.esm
FO3 Wanderers Edition - Main File.esm
Mart's Mutant Mod.esm
Ambient Temperature.esm
Enhanced Weather - Rain and Snow.esm
Xepha's Dynamic Weather.esm
DarNifiedUIF3.esp
regeneration_perk.esp
UPP - Pack 1.esp
UPP - Pack 2.esp
UPP - Experience Perks.esp
UPP - Quest Perks.esp
UPP - Beverage Perks.esp
Imp's More Complex Needs.esp
IMCN - 5 DLC Merged.esp
I'll Touch What I Want.esp
RandomEncounters.esp
Destruction - Main.esp
Destruction - Main - Statics.esp
Destruction - DLC.esp
Destruction - DLC - Statics.esp
DCInteriors_DLC_Collectables.esp
Ambient Temperature HUD.esp
Ambient Temperature - OA.esp
MTC Wasteland Travellers.esp
MTC Wasteland Travellers (Optional)- Crowded Cities less NPCs.esp
More2Megaton.esp
FO3 Wanderers Edition - Main File.esp
FO3 Wanderers Edition - DLC Anchorage.esp
FO3 Wanderers Edition - DLC The Pitt.esp
FO3 Wanderers Edition - DLC Broken Steel.esp
FO3 Wanderers Edition - DLC Point Lookout.esp
FO3 Wanderers Edition - DLC Mothership Zeta.esp
FO3 Wanderers Edition - Followers Enhanced (BrokenSteel).esp
EVE.esp
EVE Operation Anchorage.esp
EVE - FWE Master Release.esp
EVE - FWE Master Release (Follower Enhanced).esp
EVE Anchorage - FWE DLC Anchorage.esp
Mart's Mutant Mod.esp
Mart's Mutant Mod - DLC Anchorage.esp
Mart's Mutant Mod - DLC The Pitt.esp
Mart's Mutant Mod - DLC Broken Steel.esp
Mart's Mutant Mod - DLC Point Lookout.esp
Mart's Mutant Mod - DLC Zeta.esp
Mart's Mutant Mod - FWE Master Release + DLCs.esp
IMCN - FWE Compatibility and Ingestibles.esp
IMCN - MMM Meats, Bloods, and Eyeballs.esp
FO3 Wanderers Edition - Talon Loot Crash Fix.esp
Realistic Interior Lighting.esp
Realistic Interior Lighting - OA.esp
Realistic Interior Lighting - BS.esp
Realistic Interior Lighting - PL.esp
Xepha's Dynamic Weather - Main.esp
Xepha's Dynamic Weather - Rain.esp
Xepha's Dynamic Weather - Sandstorm.esp
Xepha's Dynamic Weather - Green Tint Remover.esp
IMCN - Ambient Temperature.esp

Total active plugins: 71
Total plugins: 72

Chenae Butler

Post » Sat Feb 19, 2011 5:03 am

I think we almost have the same mods except I even have more. I will be back on my gaming computer later tonight but I think you are missing the DLC mods from Xephas Dynamic weather mods. Also, the only mod I dont have you have is random encounters, regen perk and the MTC wasteland mod.

Another recommendation would be to uninstall all non FWE mods but you can include the recommended ones like Dynamic weather and realistic lights. Did you install the DUI for FWE 6.02+ mod - that is a must needed mod to have DarN's mod work with FWE.
stevie critchley

Post » Fri Feb 18, 2011 9:13 pm

I did install the DUI mod for FWE 6.02, made sure and still crashes.

I unchecked random encounters and regen perk, but no luck :( Got the DLC's from Dynamic Weather as well...but the mod page just lists them as optional, still nice to have.

I'm going to try removing Complex Needs next and Ambient Temperature.

Everything else is a bit required for my game...MTC wasteland is awesome as you see random travelers around, makes it way less lonely. Kind of boring to only see enemies that want to kill you, and no friendlies walking around. Some awesome battles happen because of this mod. Destruction is very awesome, makes things destructible...another "required" one. Won't ever remove Dynamic Weather or the realistic lighting mod. And More2Megaton I haven't had a chance to play with, but it sounds really good.

I'm hoping its Complex Needs or/and Ambient Temperature...all the others improve the game so much.

(edit)

Nope, guess I'll go through the mods 1-5 at a time till I get to the culprit. But with FWE off, it works fine, so I'm guessing I'll get down to FWE and it still won't work...but doesn't hurt to try.

(edit 2)

Going to uninstall and reinstall Fallout 3, and put only the mods that are currently on the mod manager installed...a completely fresh copy
Kat Ives

Post » Sat Feb 19, 2011 6:00 am

Too bad but its the safest to reload everything. I have had corrupted downloads before so I woulld have tried redownloading the FWE majors and reinstalled them.
Mashystar

Post » Sat Feb 19, 2011 5:54 am

During my day today, I was thinking about how horriblethe reinforced combat armor in Fallout New Vegas looks, and I remembered that in F3 one of my mods had a really nice set of reinforce combat armor, I'm pretty sure it was FWE. How would I got about pulling the model for the armor from FWE and adding it to NV?
Laura Elizabeth

Post » Fri Feb 18, 2011 8:23 pm

First day with FWE. Very nice, much better. I play Stalker mostly and although FO3 is fun it's kinda easy on very hard and it's a pain to shoot everything a thousand times. FWE mostly fixes that.

Nicer guns too. Was a real problem for me as Stalker has weapons to die for and all of FO3 and FNV weapons kinda svck.

So many new guns I'm figuring out what I like. A nice assault rifle is all I really need but with ammo being rare I have to carry quite a few guns.

Thanks to the creators of FWE. Fallout 3 is much more fun to fight in now. I always liked the exploring and questing but I never liked the combat much. Mostly fixed. Thanks a lot.

It's interesting that Stalker difficulty settings pretty well just make everyone, PC and NPCs, all take more damage. Most of us play on master as it's easy to die but easier to kill. FWE is a bit similar that way.
Trevor Bostwick

Post » Sat Feb 19, 2011 1:57 am

Is it me or are some of the new gun sounds waaaay too loud? :o

Though it's obviously not me, my neighbours have actually complained about it, load a few files into an audio editor and you can see they're clipping terribly, I know digital clipping makes stuff sound evil but I think some tweaking is necessary here, otherwise the mod is very well integrated and a ton of fun.
Amelia Pritchard

Post » Sat Feb 19, 2011 5:24 am

You could check out the http://fallout3nexus.com/downloads/file.php?id=13997, might be just what you were looking for. I don't use it, personally, since I have never noticed a problem with the gunshot volume myself.
Charlotte X

Post » Fri Feb 18, 2011 9:53 pm

You could check out the http://fallout3nexus.com/downloads/file.php?id=13997, might be just what you were looking for. I don't use it, personally, since I have never noticed a problem with the gunshot volume myself.

Thanks, you just gave me something to do for a few hours :)
Kristina Campbell

Post » Sat Feb 19, 2011 12:12 pm

LoL. I love the loud sounds of the Mod, makes the guns have that feeling of kick and is much like reality. I can`t use a shotgun if it does not go `BOOM!`

However, I do not play the game through my speakers or MY neighbours would also be complaining and probably calling the Police too!
Lauren Dale

Post » Sat Feb 19, 2011 6:11 am

Am I the only one who plays this through their speakers, rather high volume, and doesn't tick off their neighbors?
Shaylee Shaw

Post » Sat Feb 19, 2011 12:37 pm

Hm, I think that guy might be working from an outdated version of FWE, none of the filenames or locations match up :(

I like loud guns too but everything is relative, if I turn the volume down to where FWE's guns are perfect then all the vanilla sounds are lacking oomph, turn it up to where vanilla sounds good and FWE's guns rip your face off.
JESSE

Post » Sat Feb 19, 2011 6:01 am

Probably is for an older version, but I imagine if you go through and listen to the assorted files, and compare to ones in the current FWE set, you can find the correct names and locations in time (not saying that won't be a pain in the butt), though I am not aware of any other versions of that about.
Eliza Potter

Post » Sat Feb 19, 2011 2:30 am

When starting the game, in Megaton, how can I sleep. Is to buy a portable bed the only way?
Jessica Phoenix

Post » Sat Feb 19, 2011 9:53 am

When starting the game, in Megaton, how can I sleep. Is to buy a portable bed the only way?

Rent a bed at the Inn, you could also get a mod that lets you sleep in the Common House, I have seen it on Nexus.
remi lasisi

Post » Sat Feb 19, 2011 10:59 am

It`s a little difficult to find somewhere to sleep when you first start. Even `renting` a bed in someone`s port (hehe) in Megaton is a bit expensive and I couldn`t afford it at first. My plan would be to travel to Super Duper Mart, kill the Raiders there and take the moment to sleep there.

As far as I know you can`t buy a portable bed unless you`re using a Mod.
NEGRO

Post » Fri Feb 18, 2011 8:57 pm

As far as I know you can`t buy a portable bed unless you`re using a Mod.

FWE includes one, stop by Moria, it is the RobCo Portable Bed or some such thing, there is a Portable Grill and Portable Water Purifier too that they sell as well.
Catharine Krupinski

PreviousNext

Return to Fallout 3