[RelZ] FWE - FO3 Wanderers Edition #46

Post » Fri Feb 18, 2011 8:52 pm

All done and I've been playing for several hours. What a contribution to the game. Thanks!

I do notice a small glitch though. Some of the npc's and creatures turn blue sporadically. No big deal but I would like to solve it.

Fomm List

The only anomaly thing I've noticed About your FOMM is why do you have two FO3 Wanderer's Edition Main File. Esp.

BTW I've got these problem with companions, at first my companion are alright doing fine, but now Jericho and Charon just duck and flee everytime there's a battle whats up?

I'm using the companion mod integrated with FWE called Follewer's Enhanced
Kanaoka

Post » Sat Feb 19, 2011 2:24 am

I've been playing with FWE, with WMK and EVE, and for some reason, all the CALIBR custom ammunition disappears. Has this ever happened to anyone else?
Sierra Ritsuka

Post » Fri Feb 18, 2011 8:58 pm

Okay, I've figured out that whenever I load a game, my ammo is not appearing. Does anyone know why this might be? I start my game through the FOMM/FOSE.
mollypop

Post » Fri Feb 18, 2011 8:42 pm

Okay, I've figured out that whenever I load a game, my ammo is not appearing. Does anyone know why this might be? I start my game through the FOMM/FOSE.

1. Did you check the http://www.fallout3nexus.com/downloads/file.php?id=4968 at the Nexus, and download and install any applicable compatibility patches?
2. Did you check the mod readmes and adjust your load order as they suggested? Posting that might be helpful at any rate.
Jade Muggeridge

Post » Sat Feb 19, 2011 9:26 am

The only anomaly thing I've noticed About your FOMM is why do you have two FO3 Wanderer's Edition Main File. Esp.

BTW I've got these problem with companions, at first my companion are alright doing fine, but now Jericho and Charon just duck and flee everytime there's a battle whats up?

I'm using the companion mod integrated with FWE called Follewer's Enhanced

Are they all messed up and crippled? They may need some medical supplies to fix themselves up, as with the Follower addon the same things that restrict the player regarding crippled limbs being healed also effect companions (they need braces and surgical supplies). That would be my best guess.
Tyrel

Post » Sat Feb 19, 2011 1:17 am

Is there a way to give companions infinite ammo on their favorite weapon, a la vanilla? :fallout: :fallout:
Kate Schofield

Post » Fri Feb 18, 2011 8:46 pm

So, Fallout New Vegas comes out, i try it, i play it, and its good. But i get a longing for Fallout 3, so, after a few years of absence, i come back. And its still good. But theres something missing. Its too easy.

And i find this (excellent) mod, and i say, THATS FOR ME. After all, i have finished Fallout3. I have wandered, alone, into the depth of the enemies lair, and single handedly wiped them off the face of the planet. Death-claws ran in terror from me. I have spent hour after hour roaming the wasteland. I am unstoppable. HOW HARD CAN FWE be?

So, after dying, and re-loading the game for the 5th time (in the same hour), i am here. To say 'what a brilliant mod'. And to ask two simple questions -

1. I noticed Headshots are the way to go with to win fights, (and to lose fights too xD) so i wondered, does wearing helmets help at all? They may have helped in vanilla, but im not sure, for i never wore them (cos i was too good looking for them, hah).

2. Any tips to survive for a 'veteran Fallout3 player, but newbie FWE player'?

Thanks for any and all help :)
Andrea Pratt

Post » Sat Feb 19, 2011 12:00 pm

1. I noticed Headshots are the way to go with to win fights, (and to lose fights too xD) so i wondered, does wearing helmets help at all? They may have helped in vanilla, but im not sure, for i never wore them (cos i was too good looking for them, hah).

2. Any tips to survive for a 'veteran Fallout3 player, but newbie FWE player'?

Thanks for any and all help :)

1. In my experience: you'll continue to feel very vulnerable to damage until your DR exceeds ~50; helmets/other headgear definitely helps, but headshots will always hurt... get yourself a Combat Helmet + glasses and don't hesitate to use drugs in tough situations.

2. Use Bullet Time!
- Invest in your repair and medicine skills... make repair and medical kits ASAP. Know that FWE greatly improves Tag! skills- 1 skill point invested equals 2 earned.
- Similar to vanilla, sneak is powerful, just less so. I don't know how you like to play but a low level FWE character will have problems directly confronting foes... so either be sneaky or get creative with explosives... better yet do both!
- Most of the unique weapons/items are just as, if not more, useful...
- Consider using the mod WMK (Weapon Mod Kits) as well. Extended clips, scopes, laser sights, auto-fire mechanisms and silencers will allow you to better match-up against your enemies in FWE. I feel that WMK is inseparable from FWE.
- To make the game even more interesting, install MMM... :gun:
Robert DeLarosa

Post » Sat Feb 19, 2011 4:48 am

1. In my experience: you'll continue to feel very vulnerable to damage until your DR exceeds ~50; helmets/other headgear definitely helps, but headshots will always hurt... get yourself a Combat Helmet + glasses and don't hesitate to use drugs in tough situations.

2. Use Bullet Time!
- Invest in your repair and medicine skills... make repair and medical kits ASAP. Know that FWE greatly improves Tag! skills- 1 skill point invested equals 2 earned.
- Similar to vanilla, sneak is powerful, just less so. I don't know how you like to play but a low level FWE character will have problems directly confronting foes... so either be sneaky or get creative with explosives... better yet do both!
- Most of the unique weapons/items are just as, if not more, useful...
- Consider using the mod WMK (Weapon Mod Kits) as well. Extended clips, scopes, laser sights, auto-fire mechanisms and silencers will allow you to better match-up against your enemies in FWE. I feel that WMK is inseparable from FWE.
- To make the game even more interesting, install MMM... :gun:

I did not know there were such things as repair kits. >.< Ha, that will teach me.

I usually like to play a ranger/sniper kind of guy, good at sneaking, and with most of his S.P.E.C.I.A.L in Perception and Agility. (Low Strength and Endurance, which is why im getting killed so easily in big fire fights ;) )
I will defo check out WMK mods as well. As i say, ive been away for a couple of years - FWE is actually the first ever mod for Fallout3 i have ever played. :)
And not to derail the thread... but MMM scares me xD If a group of raiders with cattle prods can make me flee in terror, a upgraded Deathclaw may make me cry.

:P
Elisha KIng

Post » Sat Feb 19, 2011 7:59 am

Yep... the creators of FWE endorse and recommend WMK. You will need to use http://www.fallout3nexus.com/downloads/file.php?id=4968 compatibility .esp's to use them together. http://www.gamesas.com/index.php?/topic/1056342-mezs-gameplay-and-immersion-mod-list/ is a list of mods put together by one of FWE's authors.

Reading through the FWE readme will clue you into a number of useful things, such as repair/medical kits, and the ever useful weapon scanner (default "s" to view detailed stats of your equipped weapon). Also https://sites.google.com/site/fo3wanderersedition/installation is the FWE website... may be in need of some minor updating but the vast majority is relevant.

Here are a couple more tips:

- early on, a .223 Pistol with scope, laser sight and silencer (from WMK) makes for a very good sniper weapon- uses common 5.56mm ammo, accurate, good damage and high critical multiplier.
Spoiler
Ol' Painless, from the Republic of Dave, is very useful for sniping unarmored npcs and smaller critters. FWE significantly upgrades this weapon.

- only at 100 skill does FWE sneaking resemble vanilla sneaking... it will never make you invincible though, unlike vanilla.
- the only time I ever use a Stealth Boy is to sneak into the Tepid Sewers during Wasteland Survival Guide... unfortunately this didn't work out too well with the latest FWE (I too have returned after a ~year, but had played older versions of FWE) as stealth fields have seemingly been completely nerfed. I used the in game menu to revert sneak and stealth field to vanilla values to complete this quest stealthily. :whistling:

Re MMM: I think it's nice to know there are things out there that are simply too powerful to take on... retreat to fight another day! Eventually you'll be able to take them down without too much trouble... :toughninja:
Chase McAbee

Post » Sat Feb 19, 2011 12:42 pm

Yeah, i have read the FWE readme, i must have missed the bit about reapair kits. xD (who can blame me, the readme is long.) :P
Thanks for that link, it helps alot :D

I think i will install MMM, but only once i have gotten used to FWE. :)
x_JeNnY_x

Post » Sat Feb 19, 2011 1:46 am

It's been a while since this issue has been mentioned, and I just ran into it last night. The Rube Goldberg contraption at the Gold Ribbon Grocers will kill you if you're using FWE. The increased explosion damage from the gas sets off the missiles and the mini nuke in the loot, and the blast instakills you wherever you're at inside the building.

I ended up using god mode to at least collect the skill books.
rae.x

Post » Fri Feb 18, 2011 11:39 pm

It's been a while since this issue has been mentioned, and I just ran into it last night. The Rube Goldberg contraption at the Gold Ribbon Grocers will kill you if you're using FWE. The increased explosion damage from the gas sets off the missiles and the mini nuke in the loot, and the blast instakills you wherever you're at inside the building.

I ended up using god mode to at least collect the skill books.

If I remember correctly, the last time this was brought up it was mentioned there is some combo of Chems you can take that will make it so you can survive the explosion - don't remember the exact combo though.
Rachel Tyson

Post » Sat Feb 19, 2011 5:50 am

Hehe... I discovered how to deal with this with my most recent character: set off the contraption and wait for the long row of boxes to trigger the first trap, then get the hell out of there! Wait a bit- can't recall if the explosion is evident from the outside- and when you return the loot should be scattered around, possibly minus the mini nuke.

I could not find a way to survive without leaving the building.
M!KkI

Post » Sat Feb 19, 2011 11:28 am

Hehe... I discovered how to deal with this with my most recent character: set off the contraption and wait for the long row of boxes to trigger the first trap, then get the hell out of there! Wait a bit- can't recall if the explosion is evident from the outside- and when you return the loot should be scattered around, possibly minus the mini nuke.

I could not find a way to survive without leaving the building.

I tried that, but the contraption didn't work - the explosion hadn't occurred when I went back inside. Maybe it just malfunctioned for me. :shrug:

I ended up doing a tgm and then tossed a grenade to set off the explosion.
sally R

Post » Fri Feb 18, 2011 11:21 pm

I tried that, but the contraption didn't work - the explosion hadn't occurred when I went back inside. Maybe it just malfunctioned for me. :shrug:

I ended up doing a tgm and then tossed a grenade to set off the explosion.

I actually just stand by the door and throw a frag grenade in the direction of the gas cloud. As soon as I hear the bang of the grenade I get out. When I come back in 5 seconds later I can pick up the loot (and the mini-nuke is still intact). Worked for me everytime I tried it.
CArlos BArrera

Post » Sat Feb 19, 2011 10:39 am

Actually, i`ve been recently using this Mod, primarily since it has so much I wuld`ve installed individually. I love the fact that it has oodles of options allowing me to make this game as realisticly hardcoe as I want (which I have). I never normally FT, but the bike FT has made me decide to use it sometimes as it`s not a cheap freebie and has a cost, like Morrowind had with its FT. I don`t have a problem with FT, only how FT never, ever had any kind of monetary or other cost to it. I`ve even configured the bike to be hungry on gas and not very efficent on travel (come on, it`s two hundred years old probably put togother by people guessing how it works).

Very impressive mod with everything else. But at the end of the day it is the options that make it for me- The ability to choose how easy (arcade) or hard(realistic) I want to make the game. I must have spent an hour just indidvidually customising everything to my personal pref.

Thanks Mr. Modder. :thumbsup:
Rodney C

Post » Sat Feb 19, 2011 11:29 am

This mod is causing a consistent crash for me at Adams AFB. Is there a magic way to prevent this mod from crashing the game?
lilmissparty

Post » Sat Feb 19, 2011 9:42 am

Ok, so I've asked this elsewhere already, and was hoping someone might be able to point me in the proper direction for getting this fixed. :?

So I've had FWE running for a couple of weeks now without any major issues. (It's really great, btw) Now I'm moving into the MQ and when I go to sit in the Tranquility Lounger, I get a CTD. It happens right around the time when I hear the unequipping sound that I assume Tranquility Lane is scripted to use so you don't enter it with a bunch of items.

Now FWE has an alternative start up option, which I used. I chose to be an escaped slave, which incidentally has a perma-item equipped (a slave collar).

I can't get the slave collar removed via the console and I haven't been able to get the quests that follow Scientific Pursuits and Tranquility Lane to start properly (scripts that aren't running after completion, or something). So basically as far as the MQ goes, I'm stuck. :/

I'm hoping someone who has a lot of experience with either FWE or the console can help me out with this issue and potentially with any other DLC that try to strip the player of their items. (May cause further crashing)

Mark

Post » Sat Feb 19, 2011 4:45 am

Ok, so I've asked this elsewhere already, and was hoping someone might be able to point me in the proper direction for getting this fixed. :?

I just got the same crash, but i picked the Regulator start, and that doesnt add any quest items IIRC. If i find a way around this crash, i will tell you. :P

Well, i played around with my load order abit, and i managed to get past this crash.

For some reason, when i unloaded 'MMM - FWE Master release & DLC', it didnt crash. Are you using that FOIP mod, by any chance?
Charity Hughes

Post » Sat Feb 19, 2011 4:27 am

Sure am... I'm gonna have to check to see if MMM - FWE Master Release and DLC is loaded in my FOMM.
loste juliana

Post » Sat Feb 19, 2011 8:17 am

I know this isn't quite the place for this, but I ran a search for Imps More Complex Needs and it doesn't seem to have its own thread. Apologies beforehand if this is unwanted. :sad:

I'm having a conflict between IMCN and FWE--specifically, the sleep healing. IMCN disables Primary Needs and, when it does, a box pops up saying "your sleep settings will be perserved," but it doesn't seem to be doing that. Instead, I'm healing to full after 1 hour of sleep like in vanilla Fallout 3. I realize this isn't actually a problem with FWE, I'm just curious if any other FWE users have encountered this bug and, if so, how they fixed it.

For now, I've downloaded the Real Injuries_Sleep mod, disabled everything but sleep healing, and loaded it last after my Bashed Patch, and it seems to fix things, but it'd be nice to actually fix the problem and not need a bandaid solution.
FABIAN RUIZ

Post » Sat Feb 19, 2011 7:24 am

Hey I have a question:
The site mentions that the classic fallout weaponry mod is included, but in the listing of the new weapons, the pipe rifle is left out. Is this included with FWE or isn't it? :lightbulb:
Luna Lovegood

Post » Sat Feb 19, 2011 1:17 am

Yes, the Pipe Rifle is in there.

So I used to play Fallout3 religiously. I played with FOOK2 and MMM back before all the mods were so polished. I started to play New Vegas and watched Project Nevada release. Downloaded it, started using it. Saw this video showing off a few mods, including FWE. A massive, epic fire-fight. Now I dabbled with FWE way back when but never really got into it. I downloaded Fallout3 again after seeing the video. Grabbed a few mods, MMM and FWE being the main ones. Decided not to use Increased Spawns. I turned it on today 'for teh lulz' and wow.

As I'm sneaking through these sewers on my way to the Mall I get overwhelmed. I see a guy in power armor so I perk up, walking quickly to him. He fires off two shots, both hit me. I scatter and sprint back. Pop some meds at the top of some stairs as I stand on the higher ground with an assault rifle. The Fallen Brother leads the charge, behind him eight raiders follow, all firing weapons or lunging at me. A few bullets, some grenades and maybe a few happy thoughts and I win.

I've missed Fallout3. Thank you to the FWE and MMM team for making my game that much more intense.
Manny(BAKE)

Post » Fri Feb 18, 2011 9:44 pm

FWE is amazing. All the sleep, wound, extra realism settings are great. I`m also using the Overhaul Mod with it for 1st person goodness. Many of these Mods have defintely improved in their stability and ease of installation since the days when I started using them. I can`t see myself ever doing without in FO3. I know I could never play the console version after this.

To be honest words fail to express how good this Mod (with 1st person overhall) is.

Kudos.
kiss my weasel

PreviousNext

Return to Fallout 3