[REL] Havok Animation Converter

Post » Sun May 20, 2012 12:47 pm

Saidenstorm,
Do you know anything about the havok static spring piece? If that would provide a "bouncy bone" would it need to be added to the nif and to the skeleton_female.hkx file? How would it look code wise?

Lastly the new bones I created go wonky when an NPC dies. Is there something I need to set so that on ragdoll death the bones dont react?

Thanks
Ana

Post » Sun May 20, 2012 9:57 am

I made it run but it says animation file contains no animation bindings . not exporting ...

what does that means?

I used this animation:

2hm_idle.hkx
Laura Wilson

Post » Sun May 20, 2012 8:44 am

Saidenstorm,
Do you know anything about the havok static spring piece? If that would provide a "bouncy bone" would it need to be added to the nif and to the skeleton_female.hkx file? How would it look code wise?

Using any kind of RigidBodies/Constraints requires editing them into both the Skeleton.hkx and Skeleton.nif, and getting them to work is quite a pain in the A$$ at this point though not impossible.

If all your needing is canned animations layered on top of Beth's anims then using Reactor set to about 50-70% simulated world gravity and some ragdoll constraints would yield the best results for simulating briasts and the Butt Cheeks you have setup.

Lastly the new bones I created go wonky when an NPC dies. Is there something I need to set so that on ragdoll death the bones dont react?

Nodes seem to reset into Bind Pose when an actor dies, I have not spent much time paying that much attention to getting non-havoked nodes to not react on death.

I made it run but it says animation file contains no animation bindings . not exporting ...

what does that means?

I used this animation:

2hm_idle.hkx

Not sure as it relates to hkxcmd, Hologram would need to answer that question -> although I was able to convert that file without errors.
Nicholas C

Post » Sun May 20, 2012 11:00 pm

I put the skeleton and the animation in the data file , I put the right directions in the bat file I run it and then it says this....
SWagg KId

Post » Mon May 21, 2012 12:54 am

With Mocap works fine !!

This video if from my friend (help for rig)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gpUIUKu9oRQ&feature=related
A Boy called Marilyn

Post » Mon May 21, 2012 12:24 am

It doesnt work for me andI need this animation file !! can someone please convert for me? 2h sword idle?
Rodney C

Post » Sun May 20, 2012 9:06 am

Using any kind of RigidBodies/Constraints requires editing them into both the Skeleton.hkx and Skeleton.nif, and getting them to work is quite a pain in the A$$ at this point though not impossible.

If all your needing is canned animations layered on top of Beth's anims then using Reactor set to about 50-70% simulated world gravity and some ragdoll constraints would yield the best results for simulating briasts and the Butt Cheeks you have setup.

Nodes seem to reset into Bind Pose when an actor dies, I have not spent much time paying that much attention to getting non-havoked nodes to not react on death.

Not sure as it relates to hkxcmd, Hologram would need to answer that question -> although I was able to convert that file without errors.

Gah I just noticed it "DID" export but for some reason it said no animation biddings and no export :/ ....
Nathan Risch

Post » Sun May 20, 2012 2:04 pm

With Mocap works fine !!

This video if from my friend (help for rig)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gpUIUKu9oRQ&feature=related

That walk needs the House of Earthly Delights brothel and a few workers to apply to it.
Christina Trayler

Post » Sun May 20, 2012 5:58 pm

Good choice of music.
Jah Allen

Post » Sun May 20, 2012 8:26 pm

SaidenStorm,
I seem to have found the issue with the Elf races crashing the game but im not 100% positive how to fix it.
It seems that someone tested by weight painting a character with the new bones I made and it works perfect.

I took their femalebod_1.nif and imported it into max, I made NO changes to it, then re exported it as a new femalebody_1.nif and it crashed when you swap to the elf race.
Im guessing it has something to do with the 3ds max nif exporter im using 3.7.1 from here:
http://niftools.sourceforge.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=20&t=3196
Is there a better method to export nif files from max or a newer compiled version of the niftools exporter for 3ds max 2011?

Thanks
gemma king

Post » Sun May 20, 2012 9:57 pm

You can try this by figment

Nif Max Plugins 3.7.2 (Fixed for Win32)

http://www.skyrimnexus.com/downloads/file.php?id=5622
Chris Guerin

Post » Sun May 20, 2012 9:54 am

Sorry when I mis-use this thread (like others :wink:)

I'm able to import skeleton and animation to 3DS (2010), make changes, and view them in 3DS and Havok pre-view. But when I try to export them, I get
0xabba99f4] Warning : Invalid scale/skew in initial pose of bone .....
for every bone in the "Create Skeleton" filter, and similar ones in the Animation filter. And, of course, the anim doesn't work in-game (stiff pose only)

I tried everything (including reading the docs). But can't get over this hurdle. Any ideas PLEASE ???
Ana Torrecilla Cabeza

Post » Sun May 20, 2012 10:59 pm

You can try this by figment

Nif Max Plugins 3.7.2 (Fixed for Win32)

http://www.skyrimnexus.com/downloads/file.php?id=5622

Thats the same codebase as 3.7.2 but compiled for win32 instead.
MatthewJontully

Post » Sun May 20, 2012 9:32 pm

Sorry when I mis-use this thread (like others :wink:) I'm able to import skeleton and animation to 3DS (2010), make changes, and view them in 3DS and Havok pre-view. But when I try to export them, I get 0xabba99f4] Warning : Invalid scale/skew in initial pose of bone ..... for every bone in the "Create Skeleton" filter, and similar ones in the Animation filter. And, of course, the anim doesn't work in-game (stiff pose only) I tried everything (including reading the docs). But can't get over this hurdle. Any ideas PLEASE ???

This was covered in previous pages -> read them.
Stefanny Cardona

Post » Sun May 20, 2012 3:43 pm

This was covered in previous pages -> read them.
Saidenstorm, you are a genious. I downloaded your "This" (HCT 3rd Person Female_setup), made the changes to my environment, and I CAN ANIMATE with 3DS 2010. :banana:
Thanks also to TheHologram and CherryHotaling for theit invaluable tools and groundwork. How can someone figure out all these dependencies?? Or, better don't tell. I'm afraid, my brain would get fried again...

But something I can't really understand. How can be this discrepancy between the skeletons and animations released with the product, and the ones needed to work with 3DS/HCT? Or is there something like an extensive "filter" tool necessary for Bethesdas development? Something which would/should be part of the CK?

Anyway, I'm a happy modder again. Now I can start. :biggrin:
Sabrina Schwarz

Post » Sun May 20, 2012 12:27 pm

Saidenstorm, you are a genious. I downloaded your "This" (HCT 3rd Person Female_setup), made the changes to my environment, and I CAN ANIMATE with 3DS 2010. :banana:
Thanks also to TheHologram and CherryHotaling for theit invaluable tools and groundwork. How can someone figure out all these dependencies?? Or, better don't tell. I'm afraid, my brain would get fried again...

But something I can't really understand. How can be this discrepancy between the skeletons and animations released with the product, and the ones needed to work with 3DS/HCT? Or is there something like an extensive "filter" tool necessary for Bethesdas development? Something which would/should be part of the CK?

Anyway, I'm a happy modder again. Now I can start. :biggrin:

would be possible to have a skeletoj fixed in the same position or a T pose ? with all bones rotated right etc ?
c.o.s.m.o

Post » Sun May 20, 2012 8:50 am

would be possible to have a skeletoj fixed in the same position or a T pose ? with all bones rotated right etc ?

The bones ARE rotated correctly Beth's bones forward axis is Z and Max Bones forward axis is X, hence they face outward when imported their is no way to FIX them at best you may look up ways of setting the imported bones to default facing Z instead of X -> this I have no idea how to do as I have never needed to.
Emma Louise Adams

Post » Sun May 20, 2012 2:26 pm

The bones ARE rotated correctly Beth's bones forward axis is Z and Max Bones forward axis is X, hence they face outward when imported their is no way to FIX them at best you may look up ways of setting the imported bones to default facing Z instead of X -> this I have no idea how to do as I have never needed to.

but then how you do a full total rig of a made from scratch characte? I am so much used to use envelopes and I can't with this system ....
cassy

Post » Sun May 20, 2012 10:06 pm

Hello,

SaidenStorm mentioned a few posts back to create bones and use the align tool. It's a bit tedious though. I'm writing a maxscript tool to automate the process. Give me a day or so and I'll make a new topic.

Best regards,
Researcher X31
Cameron Garrod

Post » Sun May 20, 2012 1:33 pm

Hello,

SaidenStorm mentioned a few posts back to create bones and use the align tool. It's a bit tedious though. I'm writing a maxscript tool to automate the process. Give me a day or so and I'll make a new topic.

Best regards,
Researcher X31

Wow great I hope you can come with it as soon as possible :) btw any chance you can fix all the wrid problems of the importer exporter?
Dawn Farrell

Post » Sun May 20, 2012 11:56 pm

RX31? I remember some dance mod for Morrowind

Groovy Moves?
Phoenix Draven

Post » Sun May 20, 2012 8:39 am

I am so much used to use envelopes and I can't with this system ....

Before Skyrim BS used CS biped for humanoid PCs/NPCs. Skeleton import (NifTools plugin) results in the same odd "retrograde" bone orientation (Z/X). Interestingly, NifTools Maya importer does the same. However, only in the Skyrim imports envelopes are not aligned correctly and this creates certain difficulties in skinning (indeed, in my experience also it is not that crucial for animation).
Doniesha World

Post » Sun May 20, 2012 5:27 pm

Before Skyrim BS used CS biped for humanoid PCs/NPCs. Skeleton import (NifTools plugin) results in the same odd "retrograde" bone orientation (Z/X). Interestingly, NifTools Maya importer does the same. However, only in the Skyrim imports envelopes are not aligned correctly and this creates certain difficulties in skinning (indeed, in my experience also it is not that crucial for animation).

For animating may be not much , for skinning for me it is especially if I make stuff from scratch and I do not copy another skin setup ...
Epul Kedah

Post » Mon May 21, 2012 12:15 am

Ja, that is what i was saying. Actually, wrong envelopes are bad also for tweaking imported skins/meshes. IMHO envelops and weight painting are not providing enough control, i prefer direct assignment of baked bone weights.
Jessica Colville

Post » Sun May 20, 2012 9:34 am

Ja, that is what i was saying. Actually, wrong envelopes are bad also for tweaking imported skins/meshes. IMHO envelops and weight painting are not providing enough control, i prefer direct assignment of baked bone weights.
Means?
Romy Welsch

PreviousNext

Return to V - Skyrim