[REL] Havok Animation Converter

Post » Sun May 20, 2012 8:19 pm

That file is required for the Create Skeletons and Create Animations filters just choose "From File" -> also that file is incomplete as it does not contain any of the Float Slots, I recreated it from scratch and have not gotten to adding those as yet I'll do them later.

Created anims yes -> I have an entire sets of animations for Spears, Crossbows, Throwing Weapons, among others built off of the 1st and 3rd person rig files -> I will progress the files and my animations after the CK arrives and I know for sure exactly what it going to take to get new animation sets functioning if its at all possible.

Just sign up on the Havok web page to DL the older version -> I have no time now but I do have the 2011.2 plugins/tools I think I will install them later and see if they are compatible or not, I can give you an answer sometime tonight about 7-10 hours from now is the earliest I can test anything.

SaidenStorm you are awesome thank you!
I will try the file you put up and try exporting again when I get home tonight.
Have you been able to successfully get any of your anims working in game?

If so do you have a sample 3ds max save file an HKO(the filter import file) you can share?
victoria johnstone

Post » Sun May 20, 2012 2:28 pm

SaidenStorm you are awesome thank you!
I will try the file you put up and try exporting again when I get home tonight.

Ok, I DLed a trial for Max 2012 so I could test the 2011.2 HCT Plugins/Tools -> and this is your problem the game loads these but they do not map correctly Animation.hkxs nor Skeleton.hkxs will play nice in Skyrim using 2011.2 you absolutely need 2010.2, which means your also canned into using only 3DSMax 9 up to 3DSMax 2011 only as these are the only releases that HCT 2010.2 support.

If you do not have one of these versions look around student or hobbyist web sites for people looking to sell their old Licenses you can usually get them fairly cheep -> fairly cheep in relation to their original cost that is.... :/

Have you been able to successfully get any of your anims working in game?

Yeah, all of my animations function correctly in game.

If so do you have a sample 3ds max save file an HKO(the filter import file) you can share?

You shouldn't need this the list of filters I provided and the Rig File you can DL from my personal web page along with getting HCT 2010.2 should clear all of your problems right up, check in if you have any issues.
Quick draw II

Post » Sun May 20, 2012 4:29 pm

Ok I think im starting to lose my mind just a tad.

Im all the way back down to the Regular game skeleton and nif file (the ones that come with the game)
-Imported the skeleton_female.nif bones into 3dsmax
-Imported my character mesh into 3dsmax that is already skinned etc.
-Imported the mt_idle.kf file into 3dsmax

(mind you all the files above are from the game)
I exported it all using the havok exporter with the skeletal rig file you gave me (I noticed they were all in the exact order in your file as they are in the .hkx file)
I got this:
[img]http://216.105.128.240/Cherry/Skyrim/havok/AnimationthroughFloor.JPG[/img]
(its better then the T pose lol)

So I then tried to add the additional bones (5 of them missing from the scene that are listed in your txt file "x_NPC LookNode [Look], x_NPC Translate [Pos ], x_NPC Rotate [Rot ], Camera3rd [Cam3], and Camera Control")
But it made it worst, now i was under the floor and distorted.
I know this animation works if I use the tool from here so I think its my setup or filters.

Sooo im going to share my .max file
Animation: http://216.105.128.240/Cherry/Skyrim/havok/mt_Idle-Vanilla-Test.max

Thought I would share my Base bones setup for 3dsmax too:
Bones: http://216.105.128.240/Cherry/Skyrim/havok/Bones-Vanilla-Test.max

SaidenStorm, maybe you can shed some light on whats wrong/missing from my setup and smack me around a bit later?

*Sighs*
Robert

Post » Sun May 20, 2012 10:34 am

I could not do anything with your files -> different Max Versions...

So I did http://www.mediafire.com/?9i52of9mg92l2qs real fast, its an imported Skeleton_Female.nif (I corrected the Import scale/skew corruption using Bone Tools), Imported the Female "MT_Idle", doubled its duration and duplicated the keys -> then used my HCT setup to export it.

It includes the Max Scene (Max 9, so it should be updatable to any version of max greater then 9), the Base mt_idle.kf and the exported mt_idle.hkx.
Sammygirl500

Post » Sun May 20, 2012 9:52 pm

I corrected the Import scale/skew corruption using Bone Tools

Sorry but How I can correct this with bone tool in my Rig?

Then If I have understand I need

-HCT 2010.2
-skeleton with Normal pose and bone fixed
-HKO(the filter import file)
-and your Rig.txt

So you can share your skeleton in normal pose and HKO(the filter import file) ?
josh evans

Post » Sun May 20, 2012 8:40 pm

Sorry but How I can correct this with bone tool in my Rig?

Select all Bones -> Animation -> Bone Tools -> Object Properties -> Reset Stretch (will correct the length of bones to their children) -> Reset Scale (will correct the corrupt imported scale)

DO NOT "Realign" it resets bones to facing their children but this rotates the bones to incorrect rotations and this skeleton will never again match up with the Character Actor.

I recommend re-constructing the entire Skeleton over with Nub's

Then If I have understand I need

-HCT 2010.2
-skeleton with Normal pose and bone fixed
-HKO(the filter import file)
-and your Rig.txt

So you can share your skeleton in normal pose and HKO(the filter import file) ?

That File I linked to right above has a sample Max Scene that contains my HCT filters -> you can use the Tool itself to save those into an HKO if you like, I set up my filters by memory now so I do not need to save them out.
Misty lt

Post » Sun May 20, 2012 11:48 pm

Ok Thanks for help.

With this I think I can fix my Dance Animation !!Great
Anna Watts

Post » Sun May 20, 2012 10:06 am

Would be possible someone to post a resource for modders with a proper decent unrotated skeleton ready to be used for skinning and some animations adapt to test the rig on it?
Hayley Bristow

Post » Sun May 20, 2012 5:27 pm

I could not do anything with your files -> different Max Versions...

So I did http://www.mediafire.com/?9i52of9mg92l2qs real fast, its an imported Skeleton_Female.nif (I corrected the Import scale/skew corruption using Bone Tools), Imported the Female "MT_Idle", doubled its duration and duplicated the keys -> then used my HCT setup to export it.

It includes the Max Scene (Max 9, so it should be updatable to any version of max greater then 9), the Base mt_idle.kf and the exported mt_idle.hkx.

SaidenStorm,
This is awesome! The one you have in this 3ds max scene seems to be the beast race bones but it works perfect with the Vanilla animations!
Thank you sooo much!

Now I can start playing around again finally! I will keep you updated! thank you so much again!
Damien Mulvenna

Post » Sun May 20, 2012 10:56 am

It works like a charm.
I edited the .hkx files and nif files to match with my new bones (was a pain in the booty)
I used the havok exporter to get information from the bones for the positional, rotational, and scale vector information for the new bones.

I put the new bone riggs of the nif and hkx into the game directory.
Took the mesh I have been working with and weighted the chest with the new bones (I will be adding additional bones)
Exported the modified weighted mesh.
Tinkered with it in nifscope.
created a femalebody_1.nif with the new weight painted mesh (I have a femalebody_0.nif but I havent painted the mesh yet as im just testing this)

I then imported the mt_idle animation and started playing with the briast bone rig I set up.
I added the new bones to the text file with the bone listing in the right order.
Exported the new animation with Havok exporter for 3ds max (Saidenstorm your max file showed me exactly what bones I was missing and the camera positions THANK YOU!)

Finallllllyyy (thanks to everyones help, and my eyes bleeding reading and understanding the hkx file) I was able to create an animation with new bones, creating the first body physics animation for the game.

All the regular animations work perfect so far even with the new bones added. (Adding the bones to the bottom of the stack in the hkx files seems to allow it to not interfere with any of the already created animations)

Im so happy, This means I can make all kinds of things now.
I appreciate all of your help I learned a lot and cant thank everyone enough!

-Cherry
Robert Jackson

Post » Sun May 20, 2012 3:52 pm

A thousand teenage boys just messed their pants...

If your looking to finish them off, a bit of squash and stretch layered would be the final nail required.

Just a hint Behavior supports "Non-Uniform Scaling". :)
gandalf

Post » Sun May 20, 2012 2:15 pm

3ds Max Nif Importer-Exporter (no official) for 3D Studio Max 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, gmax 1.2 => http://www.skyrimnexus.com/downloads/file.php?id=5622
Scared humanity

Post » Sun May 20, 2012 11:17 am

Great Work CherryHotaling

I can try to convert some Dance motion with this Skeleton :bunny:

The NifTools importer on Nexus fix the bones currupt or is the same on first page?
gemma

Post » Sun May 20, 2012 11:30 am

Saidenstorm,
I updated the skeletonbeast_female.nif with the new bones so the beast races could use the new bones without crashing.
Everything works except I cant figure out why when you pick the elf classes it crashes and there doesnt seem to be a seperate .hkx or .nif for the elf race (Seems to be specifically High Elves and Wood Elves).
If there is a seperate .hkx file for the elf races I have no idea where it is.

Any ideas?
Killer McCracken

Post » Sun May 20, 2012 10:37 pm

Saidenstorm,
I updated the skeletonbeast_female.nif with the new bones so the beast races could use the new bones without crashing.
Everything works except I cant figure out why when you pick the elf classes it crashes and there doesnt seem to be a seperate .hkx or .nif for the elf race (Seems to be specifically High Elves and Wood Elves).
If there is a seperate .hkx file for the elf races I have no idea where it is.

Any ideas?

Only thing I can think of ATM is that maybe they use the Male Skeleton.nif and not the Female Skeleton_Female.nif.
Penny Wills

Post » Sun May 20, 2012 12:53 pm

yeah I added the Bones to the Skeleton.nif just in case that was it and still the Wood Elves and High Elves elude me.

Are the wood elves and high elves using a different mesh other then the femalebody_0.nif and femalebody_1.nif perhaps?
Antony Holdsworth

Post » Sun May 20, 2012 1:19 pm

They seem to be using the same mesh but for some odd reason that I cant figure out, all the other races are fine except for the High Eld and Wood Elf.
The Dark elf is fine even. I am completely stumped ..... :(
Brandon Bernardi

Post » Sun May 20, 2012 6:42 pm

They seem to be using the same mesh but for some odd reason that I cant figure out, all the other races are fine except for the High Eld and Wood Elf.
The Dark elf is fine even. I am completely stumped ..... :(
Have you had a look at the defaultmale.hkx and defaultfemale.hkx files found in:

Meshes/actors/character/
Meshes/actors/character/characters
Meshes/actors/character/characters female/

Seems there are two of each.
Mylizards Dot com

Post » Sun May 20, 2012 1:54 pm

Ahh I see the defaultfemale.hkx but I cant seem to convert it to xml. anyone else having this issue?

I get this error when i try with the tool from here:
C:\Animation Unpack tools>hkxcmd convert defaultfemale.hkxConverting '.\defaultfemale.hkx' ...Failed to load file '.\defaultfemale.hkx'
emma sweeney

Post » Sun May 20, 2012 12:31 pm

Have you had a look at the defaultmale.hkx and defaultfemale.hkx files found in:

Meshes/actors/character/
Meshes/actors/character/characters
Meshes/actors/character/characters female/

Seems there are two of each.

Those are Behavior Character Profiles all they define are paths to assets available for Behavior files to utilize.

The issue most likely resides with in ESM data unavailable until we get the CK to see whats different or in the Skeleton.hkx she altered.
Jessie Butterfield

Post » Sun May 20, 2012 8:59 pm

Must be a piece in the skeleton.hkx that the 2 elf classes use that I need to look at.
Well if the default files only have esm in them then I dont need them at this stage.
Michelle Chau

Post » Sun May 20, 2012 8:03 pm

The files are convertible with AssetCc2 as it has some behavior capabilities built in. This is not true of all of the hkx files though as they were likely customized or assetcc2 lack those features. hkxcmd does not have access to behavior sdk so I cannot convert them at this time and will take a fair amount of work to try and make it work if its possible.

"c:\Program Files (x86)\Havok\HavokContentTools\BatchProcess\AssetCc\AssetCc2.exe" -x defaultfemale.hkx defaultfemale.xml

There is some linkage with the behavior files into the RACE records in the ESM files. Enterprising individuals can inspect with the ESM with http://www.gamesas.com/topic/1326892-rel-tesvsnip-skyrim-edition/ though I'm not sure its actually useful at this stage. You can see ATKD/ATKE subrecords referring to behavior transitions and MTNM which look like internal action references.
Kat Lehmann

Post » Sun May 20, 2012 10:27 pm

The files are convertible with AssetCc2 as it has some behavior capabilities built in. This is not true of all of the hkx files though as they were likely customized or assetcc2 lack those features. hkxcmd does not have access to behavior sdk so I cannot convert them at this time and will take a fair amount of work to try and make it work if its possible.

"c:\Program Files (x86)\Havok\HavokContentTools\BatchProcess\AssetCc\AssetCc2.exe" -x defaultfemale.hkx defaultfemale.xml

There is some linkage with the behavior files into the RACE records in the ESM files. Enterprising individuals can inspect with the ESM with http://www.gamesas.com/topic/1326892-rel-tesvsnip-skyrim-edition/ though I'm not sure its actually useful at this stage. You can see ATKD/ATKE subrecords referring to behavior transitions and MTNM which look like internal action references.

Thank you for that I will have to look at it, now im curious!
hmmmmmm I wonder what:
Does. I noticed it says 99, possibly pertaining to the 99 normal bones in game.
If thats the case then it might need the info for the new bones which is 105
Kristina Campbell

Post » Sun May 20, 2012 2:04 pm

Doesn't Skyrim have some race specific animations?
Heather M

Post » Sun May 20, 2012 6:34 pm

Actualllyyyyy I think i know what:
means. Its the information of what bone mirror is its equal. So bone NPC R Finger42 should be a mirror of NPC L Finger42 for example. The numbers represent what bone in the chain of the skeleton file is a mirror of the other.
Jesus Lopez

PreviousNext

Return to V - Skyrim