[REL] Havok Animation Converter

Post » Sun May 20, 2012 12:51 pm

The files are convertible with AssetCc2 as it has some behavior capabilities built in. This is not true of all of the hkx files though as they were likely customized or assetcc2 lack those features. hkxcmd does not have access to behavior sdk so I cannot convert them at this time and will take a fair amount of work to try and make it work if its possible.

"c:\Program Files (x86)\Havok\HavokContentTools\BatchProcess\AssetCc\AssetCc2.exe" -x defaultfemale.hkx defaultfemale.xml

There is some linkage with the behavior files into the RACE records in the ESM files. Enterprising individuals can inspect with the ESM with http://www.gamesas.com/topic/1326892-rel-tesvsnip-skyrim-edition/ though I'm not sure its actually useful at this stage. You can see ATKD/ATKE subrecords referring to behavior transitions and MTNM which look like internal action references.

The Hologram,
Whats the command to convert the xml back to hkx using AssetCc2?

Thanks
Dona BlackHeart

Post » Sun May 20, 2012 10:20 am

Not sure if its always exactly the same but something like this. The 4101 refers to some rules file which I haven't tracked down but seems to match the packfiles used here.
"c:\Program Files (x86)\Havok\HavokContentTools\BatchProcess\AssetCc\AssetCc2.exe" -s -r4101 defaultfemale.xml defaultfemale.hkx
dean Cutler

Post » Sun May 20, 2012 8:35 pm

Im wondering if the High Elves or Wood elves use the femalebodyastrid_0.nif and femalebodyastrid_1 files (I tried changing them with the mesh I use (weights painted and all and still crash)
There also seems to be some Astrid texture files. But the question is, is there a havok file associated with that, that has bone rigg data in it.

gah this is killing me lol.
Heather Kush

Post » Mon May 21, 2012 12:53 am

The astrid body model/texture are unique to a specific scene for the character Astrid in the Dark Brotherhood.
Spoiler
Towards the end, she is burned, laying on the ground but alive
courtnay

Post » Sun May 20, 2012 9:05 am

hmmmm,
Well thats making me wonder if its in the animation file, I think the High elves and Wood elves are a little taller etc. Maybe they have a piece in the animation thats missing from my export?

edit: Well its not the animation lol. I removed the animation and it still goes poof.
Theres got to be bone data for the 2 elf races im missing.
lauraa

Post » Sun May 20, 2012 12:38 pm

Actualllyyyyy I think i know what:
means. Its the information of what bone mirror is its equal. So bone NPC R Finger42 should be a mirror of NPC L Finger42 for example. The numbers represent what bone in the chain of the skeleton file is a mirror of the other.

I'm not sure this would do anything for you the only Mirrored Animations are the Walk/Run/Turn L/R's being mirrored that is why most actors only possess one or the other a Left or a Right, some have both -> this should not cause crashing -> for instance for my own Creatures I have been setting this array to 0 nodes and wiping out the array for testing my animations.

I do not think there is anything in the MetaData that needs altered its suppose to be nothing but hkClass data, also I have been deleting this out of my converted files with no ill omens haunting me -> with exception to my creatures not being resurrectable without disable/enable-ing them.

Oddly enough just the act of converting the female character profile to and fro breaks it.... not having this issue with the slaughterfish or werewolf
profiles which are the 2 profile sets I have converted for my custom creatures.

The more I fiddle with this the more I think it has something to do with your meshes, I just can't nail down whats wrong -> there are a few differences your ShapeData has normals and no VertexColors and the base has the exact opposite but even correcting these differences made no difference the game still crashed on those two races and not the others.
Catherine Harte

Post » Sun May 20, 2012 1:58 pm

Yeah I am stumped.
Because the mesh without the bust and butt bones painted works fine on the Elf and other races.
But as soon as I introduce the new weights painted the elfs crash the game.
But oddly all the other races are fine.
john page

Post » Sun May 20, 2012 6:55 pm

SaidenStorm when I get home I can send you my setup before I did the bone weighting with the same exact mesh and you will see that it works fine on all the races.
But as soon as I add the new bone weighting to the mesh then the Elf races go wonky.
Rebecca Dosch

Post » Sun May 20, 2012 6:46 pm

Hmmm I just tested this with the Default mesh painted with the new bones and that crashed on the elf race.
hmmmm im totally stumped.
мistrєss

Post » Sun May 20, 2012 3:30 pm

Brilliant!! Any chance of adding the capacity to convert skeleton.nif to skeleton.hkx?
Bek Rideout

Post » Sun May 20, 2012 10:22 pm

I have tested another crazy idea that these elves are acually using beasts female skeleton. It appeared to be not the case.
megan gleeson

Post » Sun May 20, 2012 6:10 pm

Not sure if its always exactly the same but something like this. The 4101 refers to some rules file which I haven't tracked down but seems to match the packfiles used here.
"c:\Program Files (x86)\Havok\HavokContentTools\BatchProcess\AssetCc\AssetCc2.exe" -s -r4101 defaultfemale.xml defaultfemale.hkx

Seems that if I use AssetCc2 to convert the original skeleton.hkx file to xml and back it breaks something.
But if I use your tool to convert it to hkx xml it works fine lol

Buttttt that means I cant export defaultfemale.hkx as an hkx xml.

I noticed that the AssetCc export looks much different then the tool here.
The tool heres output is:
while the AssetAcc exports it as
Darren Chandler

Post » Sun May 20, 2012 6:06 pm

Brilliant!! Any chance of adding the capacity to convert skeleton.nif to skeleton.hkx?
I suppose but its probably easier and to use max havok exporter on the skeleton pulled into max. I dont think I will do this unless there is a compelling reason. I could see using nifskope to tweak the skeleton but I suppose this would be more for blender users. Anyway people can just hand edit the xml file if they want to tweak it.

Seems that if I use AssetCc2 to convert the original skeleton.hkx file to xml and back it breaks something.
But if I use your tool to convert it to hkx xml it works fine lol

Buttttt that means I cant export defaultfemale.hkx as an hkx xml.

I noticed that the AssetCc export looks much different then the tool here.
The tool heres output is:
while the AssetAcc exports it as
Ok thanks for checking. Some of the xml might be meta data that isn't relevant to the actual content of the file. I did a binary diff on some of the files after being converted and they were perfectly the same so figured it was working correctly but then haven't really tried on a wide range of files because I've been working on other things.
stacy hamilton

Post » Sun May 20, 2012 11:40 pm

Well The Hologram, I think that your exporter works rather well.
The skeleton exported into xml using your exporter works but AssetCc doesnt. So thats a bonus hehe.

Edit: Just wanted to give you a HUGEEEE thank you btw The Hologram. Without your tool I wouldnt have been able to pull apart these files and edit them in xml!

*Hugs*
Hayley Bristow

Post » Sun May 20, 2012 10:24 am

SaidenStorm,
Some additional Information on the hunt for the problem.

I redid everything and started from scratch adding only 1 single bone.
Some bugs people have been noticing is that some animations dont work in 3rd person but the action still happens. For example if your in sneak and cast spells your character wont animate thier hands but the spell still casts.
Also i guess it doesnt play the animation while running.

It seems that just adding one bone causes this. So there must be some count array for the 99 bones somewhere else for animation etc.
(this could also be the reason that elfs do not work since they use the same mesh but they are taller, meaning they might use some bone scaling or something)

Edit: Well it seems that the elves work when wearing clothes that have been weight painted with the new bones.
Also The default female mesh on the high elf and wood elf crashes nvde with the new weights painted too lol.
hmmmmm
Harry Hearing

Post » Sun May 20, 2012 1:59 pm

The Hologram,

Have you seen this when trying to convert some animations to kf:
No Skeletons found. Skipping when trying to export the mt_walkforward.hkx animation for example?
~Sylvia~

Post » Mon May 21, 2012 1:02 am

The Hologram,

Have you seen this when trying to convert some animations to kf:
No Skeletons found. Skipping when trying to export the mt_walkforward.hkx animation for example?

I had a ton of issues with this a couple pages back, the converter expects/ed exact paths but only for converts involving kf's.
MR.BIGG

Post » Sun May 20, 2012 3:50 pm

I suppose but its probably easier and to use max havok exporter on the skeleton pulled into max. I dont think I will do this unless there is a compelling reason. I could see using nifskope to tweak the skeleton but I suppose this would be more for blender users. Anyway people can just hand edit the xml file if they want to tweak it.

Thanks for the reply. My goal is to convert one of my creature mods from an older nif (oblivion) to skyrim, but I always have issues with the imported skeleton's havok constraints when using max. I thought a direct converter would be cleaner.
sw1ss

Post » Sun May 20, 2012 10:28 pm

Is it possible to convert these animations to Morrowind or Oblivion?
Oscar Vazquez

Post » Sun May 20, 2012 2:27 pm

I had a ton of issues with this a couple pages back, the converter expects/ed exact paths but only for converts involving kf's.

Did you have any success exporting it as a kf? Or was it something you ended up not being able to do?
naomi

Post » Sun May 20, 2012 10:32 pm

Did you have any success exporting it as a kf? Or was it something you ended up not being able to do?

Yes.

This is not my Skyrim Installation -> just a folder specifically for this purpose
"c:\Skyrim\Data\Skeleton.hkx"
"c:\Skyrim\Data\->Animation.hkxs'<-"

then I just created some bat files to do all of the heavy work so I do not have to waste time in cmd.exe typing out exact paths.

Convert hkx to kf.bat
hkxcmd ExportKF "c:\Skyrim\Data\Skeleton.hkx" "c:\Skyrim\Data" "c:\Skyrim\Data-out"

Convert hkx to xml.bat
hkxcmd Convert "c:\Skyrim\Data" "c:\Skyrim\Data-out"

Convert kf to hkx.bat
hkxcmd ConvertKF "c:\Skyrim\Data\Skeleton.hkx" "c:\Skyrim\Data\->Animation.kf<-" "c:\Skyrim\Data-out"
This line has to be repeated specifically for every single animation you want converted back to hkx.
SEXY QUEEN

Post » Sun May 20, 2012 5:37 pm

does someone have some exported to kf animation to upload somewhere ? I need a 2h pose anim for rig skin testing .. and may be another couple wouln't harm ...
Emma Louise Adams

Post » Sun May 20, 2012 9:08 pm

Yes.

This is not my Skyrim Installation -> just a folder specifically for this purpose
"c:\Skyrim\Data\Skeleton.hkx"
"c:\Skyrim\Data\->Animation.hkxs'<-"

then I just created some bat files to do all of the heavy work so I do not have to waste time in cmd.exe typing out exact paths.

Convert hkx to kf.bat
hkxcmd ExportKF "c:\Skyrim\Data\Skeleton.hkx" "c:\Skyrim\Data" "c:\Skyrim\Data-out"

Convert hkx to xml.bat
hkxcmd Convert "c:\Skyrim\Data" "c:\Skyrim\Data-out"

Convert kf to hkx.bat
hkxcmd ConvertKF "c:\Skyrim\Data\Skeleton.hkx" "c:\Skyrim\Data\->Animation.kf<-" "c:\Skyrim\Data-out"
This line has to be repeated specifically for every single animation you want converted back to hkx.

what's with the "->" Animation.hkxs' "<-" ?
Kristina Campbell

Post » Sun May 20, 2012 9:52 am

Ok I did create too a bat file but when I launch by cmd it doesnt take it ...

Edit :
I made it run but it says animation file contains no animation bindings . not exporting ...

what does that means?

I used this animation:

2hm_idle.hkx
CxvIII

Post » Sun May 20, 2012 10:26 pm

Ok I did create too a bat file but when I click on it it flashes at lightspeed and closes why?

the same when I click on the exe of the hkxcmd.exe ...

any idea why?

open up a command window and run it so you can see the output.
Click the windows --> run or type in cmd press enter then browse to the folder you have the bat file in.

If you dont know how to browse through DOS you will have to look it up on the internet.
willow

PreviousNext

Return to V - Skyrim