How much did you enjoy FONV?

Post » Thu Sep 10, 2009 2:42 am

Which is why I don't use the spellchecker. I got skills ;).
Adam Baumgartner

Post » Thu Sep 10, 2009 11:56 am

Which is why I don't use the spellchecker. I got skills ;).

lol. mes gots skills to. :tongue:
Carlos Rojas

Post » Wed Sep 09, 2009 11:48 pm

Its amazing so many people talk about Obsidian and their great writing

What about all the horribly boring and ridiculously dull side quests? I have been OBSESSED with Fallout since I played 3...I was in denial when I played NV...but I was mostly bored the entire time and I am no longer in denial. The side quests in NV where plentifull, at the expense of them being so horrendously boring and pointless...The main story also svcked, and had no real moments, had no personality...Benny shot you...look for benny here, here, and here...then kill him or not kill him when he hardly seems like he cares, or even understands hes going to die....and then...what? nothing.

I honestly dont know why I still say I like the game...I guess its because how much I loved Fallout 3....Even the combat in NV is lacking...I play on Very Hard...but shooting a super mutant with a 12 gauge shotgun in the excess of 30 times and it doing nothing to him...while spamming 15 stinpaks into myself...and just barely saving my pathetic followers life 25 times...was hardly fun....I found myself dreading combat and just wanting to get things over with...oh and dont forget the having to constantly reload older saves because mother freaking Rex and Ede getting in fights with friendlies and ruining my game about 25 times...that made it fun...having to obsessively save....then ending up with a glitch that RUINS your saves...lmfao...
Lizbeth Ruiz

Post » Wed Sep 09, 2009 11:05 pm

Its amazing so many people talk about Obsidian and their great writing

It is, isn't it. Especially when the comparison is the literal masterpiece that was released 2008. :spotted owl:

I didn't find the sidequests boring, some of them were the ordinary "find this mcguffin" and some had more depth, and most of them had multiple ways of solving them with different outcomes. The characters were interesting enough to occasionally patch up for a fed-ex quest. What's not to like?

Guess you should just stop cheating yourself if you don't even know why you pretend to like the game. Stop playing it and have good times with Fallout 3. :shrug:
Kortniie Dumont

Post » Thu Sep 10, 2009 12:55 am

I think this game is pretty good.

I think it had potential to be much better however time contraints prevented this. I don't like the idea of praising a game which you can tell didn't have as much time and therefore detail over others. This is what has encouraged the COD to become an annual release thing.

Don't accept mediocrity, it has a brilliant story but bugs, scripting issues and lack of detail with copy and pasted tools from a previous game shouldn't warrant such praise. I'm not saying it is Obsidians fault but I am saying that it isn't the 10/10 that people are making it out to be.
Robert Garcia

Post » Thu Sep 10, 2009 4:48 am

Guess you should just stop cheating yourself if you don't even know why you pretend to like the game. Stop playing it and have good times with Fallout 3. :shrug:

This.

I also liked the variety of quests in NV, which weren't trying to be pretentious 'epic oblivion journey' like the majority of the F3 ones. :sadvaultboy:

Ugh, we are going in circles again, I am expecting west lecturing me about "epic oblivion journey" being fun and all that. So lemme just say: It's only in my opinion.
Emily Rose

Post » Thu Sep 10, 2009 1:53 am

I am saying that it isn't the 10/10 that people are making it out to be.

To be fair, on the official forums for any game you're probably going to find a slightly more... enthusiastic set of fans. Most people who were indifferent or worse about it probably aren't going to be posting on the NV forums, save for those who register just to rant about the game, so there's going to be a slight skewing of the data here.

Anyway, I do agree myself, but it's a matter of opinion in the end, anyone seeking a factually correct answer here is going to be arguing fruitlessly forever.
Becky Cox

Post » Thu Sep 10, 2009 8:19 am

It is a really really really fun game. I enjoyed it a bunch. A true victory, at least as a game. Hopefully sales reflected that also. I think it did.
Sandeep Khatkar

Post » Wed Sep 09, 2009 10:34 pm

You're one to talk. :P Nobody is perfect at spelling, we are only human, but my computer has built in spell-check, so i am part machine, so i do have perfect spelling, forever and always.

It is late, i am tired, and my grammar is failing, i wish this computer had grammar-check.

Holy fudge it was just a tired response and on ps3 is a pain in the jane to type remember that whole nipble thing well you're oding on it again.
Heather Dawson

Post » Thu Sep 10, 2009 5:27 am

Seems the consoles are dumbing down grammar too...
:P
Thomas LEON

Post » Thu Sep 10, 2009 3:27 am

Seems the consoles are dumbing down grammar too...
:P

Aghhhhh sorry i don't play on punctuation station 3 so many grammer spammers.
zoe

Post » Thu Sep 10, 2009 8:42 am

Since this thread has moved to console bashing and spelling and grammar lessons both against forum rules and both off topic for this discussion...the thread is closed.
Hussnein Amin

Previous

Return to Fallout: New Vegas