How much did you enjoy FONV?

Post » Wed Sep 09, 2009 2:32 am

Those two things are bad things, the Enclave was already dead, and the Brotherhood was dying, suddenly they undergo huge changes and a giant robot jumps out of a cake.
Prue

Post » Wed Sep 09, 2009 3:34 am

Yes because it was trying to stay close to its roots in terms of factions so fans of blsck isles fallouts would recognise them it's not copying .Ohh was there a giant robot in fo1 n fo2 that single handedly destroyed the enclave was there a brotherhood who craqed on the codex 4 the greater gd?

You say that like it was a good thing. There were 'innovations' sure, but someone can paint on the Mona Lisa and call it innovation too.
http://i271.photobucket.com/albums/jj125/Gizmojunk/Gas-Mask-on-Mona-Lisa-37450.jpg
Luis Longoria

Post » Wed Sep 09, 2009 6:38 pm

Yes because it was trying to stay close to its roots in terms of factions so fans of blsck isles fallouts would recognise them it's not copying .Ohh was there a giant robot in fo1 n fo2 that single handedly destroyed the enclave was there a brotherhood who craqed on the codex 4 the greater gd?

You didn't get to choose what the greater good was in fo3 another reason fo3 falls short of the others.
Georgia Fullalove

Post » Wed Sep 09, 2009 1:52 pm

yes it was triojk (somthing like that)bio ware and bethesda that bid on bethesda still had 2 do the hard work and mk a good game bethesda still revived fallout so what if theres 3 guys standing and you're hanging on 2 a cliff and bob ,bill n brian all give u there hand 2 save you and you grab brians wouldn't u say brian saved u?

The problem is they didn't 'revive' fallout, there was nothing to save, it was doing perfectly fine but Interplay decided to sell the rights, Bethesda revived nothing.
Amie Mccubbing

Post » Wed Sep 09, 2009 1:45 pm

I don't wanna seem like a [censored] here but it sparked my zippo.

Fallout 3 ripped off the story from fallout 1 and 2:

Fallout 1 Plot: Leave Vault (Lone Wanderer exits Vault), kill super mutants (Vault 87), Join the BoS [optional] (You join the BoS late in the game.), obtain/purify water for a group of people (Capital Wasteland)

Fallout 2 Plot: Find G.E.C.K. to save people. (Vault 87), out who Enclave is (Eye-bots), help the BoS against the enclave (You are forced to help the BoS in FO3), witness horrors of the Enclave (Killing of your dad.), destroy the enclave with an explosion (Raven Rock and Borken Steel)

Fallout 3 Plot: Leave vault, find daddy (The only thing that's original, that isn't from some fantasty left over from oblivion.), discover the enclave, get GECK and kill Mutants, help BoS, witness enclave, destroy the enclave, overkill the enclave...

Also, lets review what else they ripped off: Armor from Tactics, Starting from a Vault, Dogmeat, and etc.

Futhermore, Bethesda never, I repeat, never revived the series.
The only thing they did was bid more on an auction for the title, Bioware bidded and most likely would have done a better job with the series than Bethesda, and they may have actually made a decent Van Buren rehash.

I have all ready stated that fo3 is a mix of fo1 n fo2 story.
Keeley Stevens

Post » Wed Sep 09, 2009 5:46 pm

Exactly, and that's how it ripped off those two games... completely.
NeverStopThe

Post » Wed Sep 09, 2009 5:05 pm

You didn't get to choose what the greater good was in fo3 another reason fo3 falls short of the others.

Well u did get to choose to put the virus in the water (yes another stole idea ) wich does have a big affect 2 The robot i can understand that theres a couple plot holes about it but i enjoyed it i don't see the beef with it and 3 the bos leaving a turd on the codex shows they can addapt and overcome fair enough if u wanted them dead but again it sounds logical 2 go to the capital and rebuild lol im gettin some tasty hate .
Markie Mark

Post » Wed Sep 09, 2009 11:08 am

Well u did get to choose to put the virus in the water (yes another stole idea ) wich does have a big affect 2.

Ever play Broken Steel? It does not have a big affect in the least.
Adriana Lenzo

Post » Wed Sep 09, 2009 7:46 am

Well u did get to choose to put the virus in the water (yes another stole idea ) wich does have a big affect 2 The robot i can understand that theres a couple plot holes about it but i enjoyed it i don't see the beef with it and 3 the bos leaving a turd on the codex shows they can addapt and overcome fair enough if u wanted them dead but again it sounds logical 2 go to the capital and rebuild lol im gettin some tasty hate .

It's totally logical to march across the entire wasteland and rebuild instead of simply rebuilding where you are, and there are only two choices in the game, and they mean jack [censored].

Daddy happee or disapointed, and poison water or don't, and poisoning the water simply KILLS YOU, and ONLY YOU.
butterfly

Post » Wed Sep 09, 2009 6:27 am

Ever play Broken Steel? It does not have a big affect in the least.

It was only 2 weeks later and it would b a pain 4 bethesda to kill every mutation.
Mrs shelly Sugarplum

Post » Wed Sep 09, 2009 3:00 pm

ill admit fo3 has some plot holes lol but thats why i like coz theres a lot more than just the mq but i still enjoyed it.
Peetay

Post » Wed Sep 09, 2009 4:14 pm

It was only 2 weeks later and it would b a pain 4 bethesda to kill every mutation.

This is why I don't get the reason people want game continuation to exist in new vegas. Obsidian would have so much more to acount for with all of the unique endings. Jameib lets end this now. Both games have wrongs.
Charlie Sarson

Post » Wed Sep 09, 2009 5:56 pm

ill admit fo3 has some plot holes lol but thats why i like coz theres a lot more than just the mq but i still enjoyed it.

So....you LIKE a game because it has plotholes, yet a game with a more stable plot is inferior in your eyes? :unsure:
LittleMiss

Post » Wed Sep 09, 2009 7:37 pm

So....you LIKE a game because it has plotholes, yet a game with a more stable plot is inferior in your eyes? :unsure:

Hey, plotholes are fun if you fill them with water, it is like a swimming pool!
Gemma Flanagan

Post » Wed Sep 09, 2009 12:24 pm

Did you read my sentence yes mq had plot hokes but i like (said it as in fo3 )that there is more to it than just a mq snd nv had a share of plot wholes.
ezra

Post » Wed Sep 09, 2009 12:27 pm

I think he means that he understands the game has plotholes but likes that the free-roam is so good that it allows him to still enjoy the game.
Baylea Isaacs

Post » Wed Sep 09, 2009 10:54 am

Hey, plotholes are fun if you fill them with water, it is like a swimming pool!

Or we could fill them with Whisky and party girls :disguise:

@Jamie- But what do plotholes and 'more to do' have to do with each other? New Vegas has alot to do, it just doesn't have alot of dungeoning crawling and exploring, which I miss. But the plot more than makes up for it.
dav

Post » Wed Sep 09, 2009 7:15 am

I understand people who always support new vegas and the originals can be really hard-headed, but fo3 supporters dont always have the best arguments. I personally wish FO3 was never made because to me it just complicates the series and there's no need cuzz to me new vegas is more fun. MY OPINION ONLY!
Your Mum

Post » Wed Sep 09, 2009 9:17 am

Or we could fill them with Whisky and party girls :disguise:

@Jamie- But what do plotholes and 'more to do' have to do with each other? New Vegas has alot to do, it just doesn't have alot of dungeoning crawling and exploring, which I miss. But the plot more than makes up for it.

I'm not sure how the plot holes came up i love fo3 and fonv but i think it's like picking between exploration and story and in games this big i think exploration wins but poeple seem to look at fo3s story like a cancer cell
Jessie Butterfield

Post » Wed Sep 09, 2009 4:30 pm

Despite all the cletchs and frezzeing moments I think it is easly one of the best games I've ever played. Though I still think Fo3 is better.
Ruben Bernal

Post » Wed Sep 09, 2009 8:02 pm

I understand people who always support new vegas and the originals can be really hard-headed, but fo3 supporters dont always have the best arguments. I personally wish FO3 was never made because to me it just complicates the series and there's no need cuzz to me new vegas is more fun. MY OPINION ONLY!

I'm gald fo3 got made i think criticism is fine but people seem to get a rush from it.
Queen of Spades

Post » Wed Sep 09, 2009 7:22 pm

Its honestly hard for me to pinpoint exactly why...I loved Fallout 3 it still stands as my favorite game of all time...I have never had so much fun with a game as I did with F3

NV is exactly like it...and I was expecting to LOVE it...I do like it...but certain things kept it from being as epic as it could of been

-Companion wheel had me VERY excited. But I was saddened when I realized the AI wasnt improved AT ALL especially if you like to play on harder modes...It was nearly impossible at times to babysit my companions who would die so easily...run off into fights I didnt want them in...not to mention the passive aggresive option absolutely does not work at all...Basically, having followers IMO made things harder.

-Quests, while they had a lot more than F3...they lacked meaning...I kept waiting to find the really good quests...and they never came...F3 quests had depth and made you care about them...FNV has a lot of shallow quests...for the simple sake of HAVING quests

-Exploration was...gone...there was none.

-Weapons, I have noticed other people say this...but I have had it happen to me myself...I was never happy with any of the weapons...I could never find a gun I truly liked using..I missed the chinese assault rifle

-The map...I remember still thinking I was rather low on percentage of the game complete....judging by how much of the actual map still appeared blank...I was very mad when I chose explorer perk and saw that almost MOST of the map is places you cant actually go to...I went from thinking I was %30 done with the game to being %80 done.

-Karma system and being liked...WTF did that even effect? They claimed to evolve things from F3 to where there was more outcomes....but in reality...the stupid being liked system made absolutely no difference....It would of been the same exact thing had Fallout 3 let you side with the Enclave.
Portions

Post » Wed Sep 09, 2009 10:20 pm

I cant ignore the bugs. But thats not the biggest part about it. All it does is copy F3 and they dont even bother to get a new engine to run it one. All they did is put some duck tape on it and said "we can make it last this game also why not??". The companion AI is still [censored] up. The endings pretty much end all the same no matter what side you choose. All it was is a quick cash injection for Bethesda. They could have done way better. Harldy NO exploration. NO enemies. Not to mention Bugs got worse.It gets boring after the 2nd play through doesnt have much replability like F3 had. Some more reason but cant think of them right now.

this, nuff said. and not to mention no random encounters, very few new animations, and boring quest that all you need to do is go tell someone something.
Chelsea Head

Post » Wed Sep 09, 2009 11:42 am

Its honestly hard for me to pinpoint exactly why...I loved Fallout 3 it still stands as my favorite game of all time...I have never had so much fun with a game as I did with F3

NV is exactly like it...and I was expecting to LOVE it...I do like it...but certain things kept it from being as epic as it could of been

-Karma system and being liked...WTF did that even effect? They claimed to evolve things from F3 to where there was more outcomes....but in reality...the stupid being liked system made absolutely no difference....It would of been the same exact thing had Fallout 3 let you side with the Enclave.

You like fallout 3 cuzz it's the first time you've experienced a game like that. FONV is more of the same with a different, better story.

I can't really tell what you're saying about the reputation but you mos certainly did not get to side with the enclave in fo3. You mustn't gotten you games mixed up because fallout new Vegas is the one that gives you choices and has an almost infinite amount of different endings.
Eve Booker

Post » Wed Sep 09, 2009 11:58 am

FONV has a few weak spots, but overall it is a great game. LOL, where else are you going to get 100+ hours of entertainment for $40. Hell, not even my wife is that cheap!. :biggrin:
Makenna Nomad

PreviousNext

Return to Fallout: New Vegas