Major bugs caused by v1.5 Thread 3

Post » Wed Aug 26, 2009 4:52 am

Have you confirmed that the command doesn't work with the 1.0 - 1.4 exes?, it may have been inactive.
Perhaps a test with 1.5 geck and 1.0 game is due.
I just checked the Tesla Canon with both 1.5 and 1.0.0.15 and it seems the chain lightning effect does, in fact, work with both. If two or three Raiders were close to each other, the effect was that the projectile appeared to arc to the next target and so on, both with 1.5.0.22 and 1.0.0.15. I'm not sure if it means everything will work with 1.0.0.15, but in a crowd of Raiders with both exe's, I was getting multiple kills per shot. I didn't see any difference.
Fallout3.exe causes those crashes. If you run v1.0.15 with essentially the same Fallout3.esm (thanks to JustinOther's Fake Patch) you should experience any crashes on saving.

Cipscis
I love 1.0.0.15 for that. It does seem as though they've fixed Alt+Tab for 1.5.0.22, on the bright side. While testing the Tesla Canon, I'd forgotten which .exe I was currently using once and mistakenly thought it was 1.0.0.15 since it actually let me back in, but lo and behold, 1.5.0.22 also letting me in and out consistently, however hanging on exit forcing ye olden Ctrl+Alt+Del -__-
Mandi Norton

Post » Wed Aug 26, 2009 12:59 am

I just checked the Tesla Canon with both 1.5 and 1.0.0.15 and it seems the chain lightning effect does, in fact, work with both. If two or three Raiders were close to each other, the effect was that the projectile appeared to arc to the next target and so on, both with 1.5.0.22 and 1.0.0.15. I'm not sure if it means everything will work with 1.0.0.15, but in a crowd of Raiders with both exe's, I was getting multiple kills per shot. I didn't see any difference.I love 1.0.0.15 for that. It does seem as though they've fixed Alt+Tab for 1.5.0.22, on the bright side. While testing the Tesla Canon, I'd forgotten which .exe I was currently using once and mistakenly thought it was 1.0.0.15 since it actually let me back in, but lo and behold, 1.5.0.22 also letting me in and out consistently, however hanging on exit forcing ye olden Ctrl+Alt+Del -__-

So you're saying that the tesla cannon still works fine against everything that isn't a vertibird with a pre-1.5 exe?
no_excuse

Post » Wed Aug 26, 2009 12:34 pm

I just checked the Tesla Canon with both 1.5 and 1.0.0.15 and it seems the chain lightning effect does, in fact, work with both. If two or three Raiders were close to each other, the effect was that the projectile appeared to arc to the next target and so on, both with 1.5.0.22 and 1.0.0.15. I'm not sure if it means everything will work with 1.0.0.15, but in a crowd of Raiders with both exe's, I was getting multiple kills per shot. I didn't see any difference.I love 1.0.0.15 for that. It does seem as though they've fixed Alt+Tab for 1.5.0.22, on the bright side. While testing the Tesla Canon, I'd forgotten which .exe I was currently using once and mistakenly thought it was 1.0.0.15 since it actually let me back in, but lo and behold, 1.5.0.22 also letting me in and out consistently, however hanging on exit forcing ye olden Ctrl+Alt+Del -__-

The Tesla Cannon works with fake patch? If so, I'll get Broken Steel Pronto.
Nicole Elocin

Post » Wed Aug 26, 2009 12:00 pm

got broken steel. i am only at gnr but till now no problems with crashes. bugs or other.
Cayal

Post » Tue Aug 25, 2009 8:41 pm

You may have a slight cache corruption. I've gotten localized crashes like that before and a simple reset fixed it.

How do I reset the cache?
Mr. Allen

Post » Wed Aug 26, 2009 5:42 am

I've been reading a number of posts in the Troubleshooting section that the patch causes problems with USB keyboards too.
Michelle Smith

Post » Wed Aug 26, 2009 3:05 am

You may have a slight cache corruption. I've gotten localized crashes like that before and a simple reset fixed it.

How do I reset the cache?

Yes. Same question. I had to do it once on the 360, but never on the PC in Win XP for F3.
Sophie Miller

Post » Wed Aug 26, 2009 11:15 am

Have Bethesda said when/if their going to patch the patch?
patricia kris

Post » Wed Aug 26, 2009 10:54 am

Have Bethesda said when/if their going to patch the patch?

No.

However, Gstaff has made 2 or 3 vague statements this week that one could infer that patch v1.5 is it.
Please don't ask me to quote them as I don't want to take the time to dig them up. ;)
Javaun Thompson

Post » Wed Aug 26, 2009 7:48 am

I got a privmsg that I wanted to actually respond to here, because the content is I think good for everyone to think about.

IMO don't do anything gigantic to your mods until we have better, more clear word about the direction Bethesda intends to go, even if that takes a few weeks or something. Understand these things about the situation as it stands today:

- The GECK does not support editing and saving .esm files, and right now, the instructions in the most prominent Bethesda tutorials would only work properly if the GECK wrote out .esm files, not .esps. The game simply does not use .esp files as the apparently-intended-permanent tutorials Bethesda posted on Youtube describe.

- Their navmeshing tutorial in particular has no point right now, because the game does not keep navmesh around in its head that an .esp adds (both interior and exterior cells).

- Without the ability to make working navmesh, there is very little point to making new interior cells (which otherwise an .esp file could actually handle). This means their main level building tutorial has no point to it.

IMO - - Don't set any close-by deadlines for how long you're willing to wait for some sort of answer, or fix, on this. A fix for your mod that you consider temporary = good perhaps, but like Quarn had said in another post, it wouldn't make sense to rip deep into your mods right now. I cannot believe that this is a situation that they will keep as it is, it would be too nonsensical and inconsistent. Yes there are complete workarounds possible but it just doesn't seem smart to make big decisions about something like that quite yet.
Felix Walde

Post » Tue Aug 25, 2009 11:20 pm

No.

However, Gstaff has made 2 or 3 vague statements this week that one could infer that patch v1.5 is it.
Please don't ask me to quote them as I don't want to take the time to dig them up. ;)

It better not be the last. I want to play broken steel and playing it without mods is like eating a sandwich with just bread. Playing it without the patch seems to cause too many problems.
Amy Masters

Post » Wed Aug 26, 2009 7:53 am

It better not be the last. I want to play broken steel and playing it without mods is like eating a sandwich with just bread. Playing it without the patch seems to cause too many problems.

I have heard from someone who is doing it that it is possible to use mods with 1.5 and broken steel all-at-once. However, you must not pick the mods that cause the problems, and not all of them do.
Kevin Jay

Post » Tue Aug 25, 2009 9:31 pm

I have heard from someone who is doing it that it is possible to use mods with 1.5 and broken steel all-at-once. However, you must not pick the mods that cause the problems, and not all of them do.

That still means i take out the ham and cheese from the sandwich. Although its eatable its still not right since those are the best. But i get what your saying personally i think i'd rather just wait than play with only half my mods.
Josee Leach

Post » Wed Aug 26, 2009 7:18 am

That still means i take out the ham and cheese from the sandwich. Although its eatable its still not right since those are the best. But i get what your saying personally i think i'd rather just wait than play with only half my mods.

Well it is a case by case basis, for me it was 75% of my mods I could see would have errors, not all gamebreaking but enough odd or damaging errors that I could not use my ongoing game (which did eventually corrupt)

BS wasn't worth that by a long shot, which is sad but we must have patience for the situation to find a balance and I can wait for 1.55 or 1.6 for a long time, using the huge amount of work and fantastic mods that have already been done. (Not to mention the two other DLCs)
Lexy Corpsey

Post » Wed Aug 26, 2009 1:18 am

Is there a list anywhere of 1.5 compatable mods? How about the big ones like MMM and FOOK? Those are really the only ones i care about.
Steven Hardman

Post » Wed Aug 26, 2009 1:55 am

Am I right to assume that the UF3P is incompatible with the latest patch? Personally, I don't really care about mods that add new content, but the UF3P is a great bug-fixing mod, so if it doesn't work I'll seriously consider using the fake patch.
Nick Tyler

Post » Wed Aug 26, 2009 6:32 am

Maybe this helps?

I have like 50, 60 mods?! I made a "clear" saved game with no mods at all from a point in the game where I had used all my mods earlier. So, for example: I saved my game in Megaton with all my mods loaded. Then I unchecked all my mods in fomm, loaded the saved game that was saved with all mods active earlier. Saved it, now with no mods loaded at all. Checked all my mods in fomm again. Loaded the saved game I just made. Traveled to Arlighton Library where my game crashed on saving earlier. Tried to save it there to see if it crashes again and...whoo no more crashing! Loading all esps one by one in the GECK 1.5 and saving them is what I did, too. Maybe that helped as well. I have to play test if I get no more saving game crashes at all.
Sunnii Bebiieh

Post » Wed Aug 26, 2009 4:12 am

Loading all esps one by one in the GECK 1.5 and saving them is what I did, too. Maybe that helped as well.

Now that is interesting.
christelle047

Post » Wed Aug 26, 2009 9:01 am

Now that is interesting.

That was suggested previously but some people still reported problems after trying. I don't know if anyone tried it with a clean save or new game though.
Josh Trembly

Post » Wed Aug 26, 2009 10:01 am

Some people on the EC forums said that it might help crashing but you still get disappearing or missing stuff.

From what I understand, this might fix your crashing but you will still experience missing items, doors, creatures/npcs, etc.

To be honest, this whole fiasco has made me lose the will to even play or mod for the game... I HATE it when companies can't even let players know that they know there's an issue and that they are going to fix it. Or not fix it. Whatever, as long as they tell us SOMETHING. bleh

also looks like some possible bad news too...

The impression I get from GStaff's (Bethesda Community Manager) posts is that they aren't going to do squat about it.

GStaff:
Keep in that we're not testing against user mods when making new content...sorry.

That isn't an apologetic we screwed up sorry, it's a there is nothing we are going to do for you sorry.

Lynette Wilson

Post » Wed Aug 26, 2009 4:36 am

well that's rely bad news cuz the goal of all is make all DLC and mods fully playable.

Well, I won't play this game until new and hopefully GOOD new comes.

BTW I was playing with fook mmm and all FOIP mods and patch 1.4, but now that I have more than 20 hrs. of playgame I dun want to restart a new char to play the new DLC... and get it still bugged.
Manuela Ribeiro Pereira

Post » Tue Aug 25, 2009 10:30 pm

GStaff:
Keep in that we're not testing against user mods when making new content...sorry.

That isn't an apologetic we screwed up sorry, it's a there is nothing we are going to do for you sorry.

I didn't see this in the forums, where'd it come from and when? Cannot find it either with searching.
Penny Flame

Post » Wed Aug 26, 2009 5:47 am

Well if Betheda wants me to choose between buying their DLC and playing mods, they just might come out on the losing end of that choice . . .
Darren Chandler

Post » Tue Aug 25, 2009 10:50 pm

Well i can say one thing not all that many people are going to bother getting broken steel if it is in fact BROKEN. User mods are what make Bethesda games without them you'd probably play them through maybe once or twice then shelf it again for the next few years.

Also i found this posted by Gstaff
http://www.gamesas.com/bgsforums/index.php?act=findpost&hl=&pid=14259022

Keep in mind that we don't have official support for The G.E.C.K. -- this is no different than Oblivion or Morrowind. As such, we're not testing new updates against existing mods or accounting for backwards compatibility for mods. Still after the PMs I received, I wanted to pass along your feedback.

Talking with the developers, while not convenient, your best bet is to make new references persistant.

In other news, there is a new update to the GECK available. See details here.

kristy dunn

Post » Wed Aug 26, 2009 8:24 am

Well i can say one thing not all that many people are going to bother getting broken steel if it is in fact BROKEN. User mods are what make Bethesda games without them you'd probably play them through maybe once or twice then shelf it again for the next few years.

Also i found this posted by Gstaff
http://www.gamesas.com/bgsforums/index.php?act=findpost&hl=&pid=14259022

Well, they're gonna miss out. Fake Patch Supports BS now. No need for 1.5 unless you wanna be picky.
Inol Wakhid

PreviousNext

Return to Fallout 3