[RELz] Mart's Mutant Mod 1.0 RC 1

Post » Wed Aug 19, 2009 8:20 pm

I'm still getting launching geckos too.
And I also noticed that little geckos are not hostile, but I figured this was how it was supposed to be.
Felix Walde

Post » Wed Aug 19, 2009 1:08 pm

Mart, since RC1 I have noticed a problem where the night vision effect from consuming ghoul eyes randomly switches on since having consumed one. It's been happening for several in-game days and lasts for about a 30 seconds to a minute. I'm hoping this is a bug and not intended.
Kayleigh Mcneil

Post » Wed Aug 19, 2009 6:17 pm

FWIW, what's strange about the launching geckos is, I had two that were walking quite close to each other,
yet only one launched straight up into the sky, the other one was untouched/unlaunched.

So it's seemingly quite random
kyle pinchen

Post » Wed Aug 19, 2009 8:09 am

FWIW, what's strange about the launching geckos is, I had two that were walking quite close to each other,
yet only one launched straight up into the sky, the other one was untouched/unlaunched.

So it's seemingly quite random

Im running MMM and FOOK. I came across a launching gecko today too. I noticed this tiny speck repeatedly launching from the ground into the air. I finally got close enough to use VATS on it and it was a small Gecko.
SWagg KId

Post » Wed Aug 19, 2009 1:29 pm

Decided to take a look at geko code... something got me curious:

Begin GameMode	set z2 to z1	set z1 to GetPos z	if (z1 - z2) > 50		pushactoraway rNPC 5	endif  ...

Can you enlighten me in the reason why you used pushactoraway there?.
SiLa

Post » Wed Aug 19, 2009 6:41 am

I got a chance to play a couple hours yesterday...been busy. But I love the new additions :) My low level character now has to worry about traveling and keep an eye out for anything to come attack me. She turns and runs when meeting Wanamingos...those things are fast and tough. Died plenty from them...nice challenge and I always need to be aware of my surroundings now. Like I should have to anyway...seeing as its a wasteland and everything.
RAww DInsaww

Post » Wed Aug 19, 2009 6:28 pm

Having a great time with the mod, but ran into a problem with my first encounter with a glowing one. It was in the Bethesda underground near the Bethesda offices. Basically it was completely unkillable as far as I could tell. I tried unloading my combat shotgun into its head, dropping 6 frag mines and 2 bottlecap mines (all I had) in one spot and letting it walk over them... nothing worked... it still had 90% health and would never drop lower than that. Is this normal??

All other ghouls in the area were easily dispatched with one rifle shot to the head.

You're using the MMM for XFO plugin from XFO, which is very old. For all compatibility plugins, use those provided by http://www.fallout3nexus.com/downloads/file.php?id=4968. I personally update these, and I removed or reduced most of Xodarap's health changes because they were a tad excessive, while maintaining some of his other tweaks. The link above has the latest MMM XFO plugin you need to be using.

When I get home tonight, I will put together a 7z with the script as well as some instructions on how to include it into the official package. I can't seem to find your email anywhere though, could you pm me with it?

Thanks L0ki.

Using RC1 and am getting launching Geckos, also, are the Geckos supposed to be friendly?

Don't remember it's been so long since I played FO 1 and 2

Yes the smaller ones are 'friendly'. Well, they're not friendly, they're just not as aggressive as their larger counterparts.

For the launching issue, this is a vanilla bug with the deathclaw skeleton. Unless someone knows what's wrong in the original skeleton to fix this, I'm not sure we'll see it gone.

Mart, since RC1 I have noticed a problem where the night vision effect from consuming ghoul eyes randomly switches on since having consumed one. It's been happening for several in-game days and lasts for about a 30 seconds to a minute. I'm hoping this is a bug and not intended.

Thanks for the report, will look into it.

Can you enlighten me in the reason why you used pushactoraway there?.

That's a test fix for the launching Geckos :) Gives them a physics push if their Z axis acceleration is too high. It was the simplest form of fix, but as the above reports show, not working. It could just be a matter of adjusting the acceleration threshold or the push, but I'll try one of many solutions I've got in mind next.
Kaylee Campbell

Post » Wed Aug 19, 2009 9:13 pm

Just an update -- I've added a check to the next release to stop any previous effect before applying a new one. I think this may cause problems if you eat another eye before the first one has worn off. Is this what you did, btw? And when you say it happens randomly, how often and when?

If you want to remove it when it happens next, enter this at the console:

rimod 107758C

OTTO

Post » Wed Aug 19, 2009 12:23 pm

Okie,

I was planning on releasing an RC2 soon but life is busy atm and I want to get some fixes out for the immediate issues reported in RC1 (mainly fixed Ghoul Raising and player owned Robots not attacking). RC2 will likely be next week with a few new features including icons and world models for all the new loot courtesy of Dragontamer and -- perhaps -- the ability for Feral Ghouls to raise in front of you like we used to have in Oblivion but is impossible in Fallout 3 due to the way ressurect borks models. It's kinda a nifty workaround, and it's sound in theory, I just need to get time to test it. If it works it'll open up some opportunities to script some very scary encounters :)

::: RC 1.1
  • Placed sounds in the correct directory!

• Fixed Deathclaw Matriarch never dropping her horns

• Fixed player Robots not attacking or being attacked

• Fixed Feral Ghouls with legs or heads missing still raising

• Added Girdershade residents to No Attack for protection from wildlife

• Added chance for Robots to explode on death in dozens of different ways

• Reduced Giant Radscorpion chance by one third

• Reduced Behemoth/Matriarch knockback effect to 50% chance for Player

• Slightly reduced Feral Ghoul loot

• Slightly reduced Radscorpion increased spawns

• Slightly boosted Floater health

• Updated Night Ghoul vision effect on player checks for current effect first

• Updated Glowing One and Robot deaths to not occur with Gooification or Disintegration

• Improved raising effect of raising ghouls

Download link in first post.

Also, for those using the 'No' plugins and are still getting Geckos or Wanamingos, let me know if this continues after updating and resting 4 days to let cells reset. The engine's operands for checks against values less than 0 appear to work in some alternate universe of maths, so if it persists I'll just resort to boolean checks (rather than combining an on/off switch and percentage chance into the same function as they are at the moment. I have a thing for efficiency).
Jeff Tingler

Post » Wed Aug 19, 2009 2:17 pm

RC 1.11 uploaded in place of RC 1.1 -- ESM master wasn't marked as such (result of late night modding).

Also, before anyone asks, the current FOIP patches don't need to be updated to work with RC 1.11.
kasia

Post » Wed Aug 19, 2009 7:43 am

Tangentally on topic: You don't link to MMMF3 in your signature. Oh and also: great work etc :P
Ash

Post » Wed Aug 19, 2009 3:02 pm

could use some advice please. i love this mod but the huge numbers that spawn cause me crashes on entering almost any outdoor cell. interiors aren't bad tho. i'm using increased x1, hunting looting, zones respawn, natural selection. the ones that crash me are Increased x1, and maybe Natural. but i know it's Increased. is there a way to control the numbers? put Increased higher or lower in load order?

like the overpass close to Springvale school. had at least 50 raiders spawn, and i couldn't even get close to the place lol
GabiiE Liiziiouz

Post » Wed Aug 19, 2009 4:59 pm

Read the increased spawns readme maybe?
Kyra

Post » Wed Aug 19, 2009 7:17 pm

Hey mart I just updated to your rc 1_11. It looks great, just one issue.

The sound file in the rar should be sounds.. Not a big deal but I imagine you will get flooded with folks wondering why they have two "sound" files :)
Nomee

Post » Wed Aug 19, 2009 7:22 pm

Hey mart I just updated to your rc 1_11. It looks great, just one issue.

The sound file in the rar should be sounds.. Not a big deal but I imagine you will get flooded with folks wondering why they have two "sound" files :)

"Sound" is correct, actually. Mart only missed it in his initial RC1 release, that's why it's fixed now.
Marie

Post » Wed Aug 19, 2009 6:15 am

I'd just like to stick my head in and say that this is a bloody awesome mod. I can't wait to get to Evergreen Mills, and the Feral Ghouls getting back up again is really awesome. I can't really comment on much else, as I haven't really ventured into the wastes yet, but I've gotta go to Vault 112, so thats about to change.

Dragonlover
ladyflames

Post » Wed Aug 19, 2009 10:40 am

"Sound" is correct, actually. Mart only missed it in his initial RC1 release, that's why it's fixed now.

aah it wasnt missed then just mislabed. Gotcha. Kept thinking it was supposed to be called sounds, which rc1 had. *sighs* Sounds makes much more sense over sound
Stephy Beck

Post » Wed Aug 19, 2009 9:42 pm

Hello everyone,

First of all this is awesome mod. I have been using Mart's mod in Oblivion and in Fallout 3. And with conjunction with FOOK it is just great. Really fantastic work so kudos to you.

Now, I have a small problem (or not?) about the spawns. I don't know if I am the only one, or if this has been mentioned before - if yes then I am sorry.

I am using the increased spawn (no increased increased spawn) and I have been wondering if it is possible to edit WHERE enemies spawn? I'm asking because I have problems with the super duper mart. I can clear it out and go in after 3 days and now the problem begins. There are like 30 (literally) raiders inside and it seems like most of them spawn AT the entrance. I mean really, I go in and like 20 of them are in this first room next to the entry. This happens everytime.

Is it possible to edit the mod somehow so they could spawn somewhere inside the market and walk in it and not just guard the entrance?

Anyway again, fantastic work.

edit: and with RC 1_11 it is still possible to use this mod with FOOK? I mean, about compatibility files. Right now I am using the latest from FOIP.

Cheers!
Silvia Gil

Post » Wed Aug 19, 2009 8:04 pm

Any possibility of adjusting the Wanamingos AI so that they flee but will fight back if you pursue and attack them. I understand their weakness is shooting the legs out from under them but shouldn't this make them collapse unable to move if the end result is to sit their hacking them to bits. Even if injured they should still be dangerous in some way perhaps.
Tom Flanagan

Post » Wed Aug 19, 2009 11:31 am

How many seperate files are in the download?
LittleMiss

Post » Wed Aug 19, 2009 10:04 am

Tangentally on topic: You don't link to MMMF3 in your signature. Oh and also: great work etc :P

Yeah I'll get around to it :)

could use some advice please. i love this mod but the huge numbers that spawn cause me crashes on entering almost any outdoor cell. interiors aren't bad tho. i'm using increased x1, hunting looting, zones respawn, natural selection. the ones that crash me are Increased x1, and maybe Natural. but i know it's Increased. is there a way to control the numbers? put Increased higher or lower in load order?

You mean, the big fat file called README - Mart's Mutant Mod - Increased Spawns.txt which tells you exactly how to do this, and which is conviniently included in the download you already have?

I am using the increased spawn (no increased increased spawn) and I have been wondering if it is possible to edit WHERE enemies spawn? I'm asking because I have problems with the super duper mart. I can clear it out and go in after 3 days and now the problem begins. There are like 30 (literally) raiders inside and it seems like most of them spawn AT the entrance. I mean really, I go in and like 20 of them are in this first room next to the entry. This happens everytime.

Is it possible to edit the mod somehow so they could spawn somewhere inside the market and walk in it and not just guard the entrance?

No it's not possible to change WHERE enemies spawn with MMM -- that's a function of doing cell edits in the GECK, and MMM deliberately avoids doing cell edits. MMM doesn't touch cells or spawn points at all, it simply defines what spawns at a point and in what volume.

Not sure why they're all at an entrance unless you left them there when they chased you out :) Don't forget there are two doors into the Super Duper Mart, so maybe go in the other one and surprise them? You might also try to ensure the cell has reset by resting 4 days before going in again.

edit: and with RC 1_11 it is still possible to use this mod with FOOK? I mean, about compatibility files. Right now I am using the latest from FOIP.

I mentioned on the previous page, current FOIP modules are fine for 1.11.

Anyway again, fantastic work.

Thanks, and everyone else too for the kind words.

Any possibility of adjusting the Wanamingos AI so that they flee but will fight back if you pursue and attack them. I understand their weakness is shooting the legs out from under them but shouldn't this make them collapse unable to move if the end result is to sit their hacking them to bits. Even if injured they should still be dangerous in some way perhaps.

Yes, I can look at that. Either have them retaliate, or slow their speed down once crippled and fleeing. Which would you prefer?
Lyndsey Bird

Post » Wed Aug 19, 2009 9:30 pm

Not sure why they're all at an entrance unless you left them there when they chased you out :) Don't forget there are two doors into the Super Duper Mart, so maybe go in the other one and surprise them? You might also try to ensure the cell has reset by resting 4 days before going in again.

I ran into a metro location (forgot which one, but can hunt it down if you like) where Raiders spawned "almost" on top of the character when they load the new interior cell.
The spawn point is obviously right beside the door/exit and then having 10+ raiders spawn, split off from one another and attack with great lag... makes things difficult. ;)

Is this something you would like to know about? I decided not to report it as I saw it as a Beth spawn point issue, not an MMM issue.
Nichola Haynes

Post » Wed Aug 19, 2009 9:50 am

Dumb question, been reinstalling fallout getting ready for fook 2.0 (else I'd test this myself).

Do corpse flies still show up on your radar?

I was looking at another mod http://www.fallout3nexus.com/downloads/file.php?id=5991 and he mentions a feature called setghost which prevents them from showing up on radar.
Ownie Zuliana

Post » Wed Aug 19, 2009 2:11 pm

I have an odd situation to report. Ok maybe two. First off, I had a crash to desktop immediately after setting eyes on the chinese ghoul between tenpenny tower and the powerstation ( not sure exactly where, but I had just discovered the chinese radio frequency) restarted and have not experienced it again.

Now for the weirder ones:

I've only encountered wanamingos twice, and each time it had a yoai guai as it's "trusty-sidekick". Does this have something to do with the mingos being wired to a yaui goai skeleton ? I like the wanamingos, but I don't like being double-teamed by to of the nastiest creatures in the game.

And dogmeat has been appearing seemingly at random. I've never found him, he just appears, and I can open his inventory, but not give any commands.

Any thoughts?

the only mod that I have installed that might possibly conflict is the wastland bosses mod.
Kyra

Post » Wed Aug 19, 2009 3:13 pm

I also have another suggestion. Would it be possible to include more human (or humanoid such as ghouls and sm) encounters and less creature encounters? I make this suggestion because honestly I believe that in a world such as Fallout, intelligent and more stronger creatures would be on top of the food change, which in this case, i mean humans. There is no reason as to why i should be seeing much much more vicious dogs and mole rats then I see humans and more humanoid creatures. The way I see it it seems to be about 35 percent chance of coming across humanoid factions such as raiders and talon and about 65 to come across a group of creatures such as dogs and mole rats. In a world where there are vicious men such as raiders and frightening monsters such as super mutants, i think they should eb more encounters with humanoid creatures.

Other such encounters should be taken as a refreshing experience rather then an annoyance of yet another set of mole rats. If such an event such as the one in Fallout happens, I have reason to believe humans would still be reigning over most of the land. So why do I see SO much more mole rats running at me as a family then i do raiders with guns and the intelligence to at least work together as a team. Aside from that, I personally believe that human encounters are much more fun and diverse then fighting another set of vicious dogs and mole rats as they just run up and bite you as opposed to a fire fight with some other humanoid creatures. So it would be great to have a plugin that puts humans wandering out in the wastes as you are doing in the game. I just think there are way too many rad scorpions, mole rats, vicious dogs, and other small and uninteresting creature out there in the wastes. Sure they have 4-5 new skins that look cool, but I would like to see the diverse NPCs of raiders and super mutants extended instead. I am sure I am not alone in this matter.

And btw thanks for another awesome update.
Chris Jones

PreviousNext

Return to Fallout 3