[RELz] Mart's Mutant Mod 1.0 RC 1

Post » Wed Aug 19, 2009 10:20 am

Hey guys, what are the best places for a Super Mutant Gargantuan encounter? I'm dying to kill one to see how much awesome loot it drops with FOOK installed hehe...

North of Lamplight there's usually a large quantity of supermutants (be careful though, some areas near there are super irradiated).

Pennsylvania Avenue has mutants fighting BOS, I've gotten 2 Gargantuan encounters here.

Roosevelt Academy is a good one, so are Hallowed Moors Cemetery and the unmarked, dilapidated building in the downtown area (I forget the name of this one, it's marked if you have the more map markers mod).
I've also found one right outside of the Citadel.
Catherine N

Post » Wed Aug 19, 2009 3:02 pm

Thanks for the explanation. :)
Btw, can a ghoul still be raised if the corpse is missing a leg or head? (This may be a spoiler question).

No. Well, not normally. If it died that way then no. If you shoot them off later then yes -- but this is a bug. In RC1 I actually placed the limb detection code too early in the raising script, so right now they will raise even if you've shot their head or legs after they're dead. In the next update they'll stay down if you dismember them after death, as it should be.

And please, optional weaker ghouls. Simply because i want to mow them down with a minigun and see the corpses pile.

Your wish is my... um... something or other. Anyone, have a module:

::: http://members.iinet.net.au/~amills/zMMMF3-FGS.zip

It reduces health on Feral Ghouls, Roamers, and Glowing Ones. These new values will work with the wounded raised Ghouls too, making plenty of fodder. As the ghouls are weaker, I was contemplating upping MMMzFeralGhoulMult from 5 to 6, but you can do this yourself by editing Feral Ghoul Rampage.esp if you want to.

When making yourself friendly with the raiders through the console, I noticed the Gargantuan won't attack if you just flip the power switch and open the gate. It will attack the raiders if you blow up the power generator next to the gate. The mayhem was fun to watch from afar. :thumbsup:

Interesting. I'll look into why that is.

For everyone else -- when you do Evergreen Mills, blow up the generator to release the Garg!

Quick follow-up question, what are the spawn chance percentages when I set the max to say 1.5 for example, when compared to the default 3 or even 2?, just curious. ;)

That's kinda hard to remember, ages since I made the IS equations. They're a binary pair which weights the result to the average, so it's not simple unless I pull out a calc. Just remember to set it to a float if setting a value less than 2 or it won't take effect. Start with 2 and if you feel it's too much, try 1.75 then 1.5.

@Mart: Fwiw, and I do hope this goes without saying... Specially since I said this fairly early on in the Oblivion MMM threads...
Your work (and team(s)) is great. If you were to announce that you would stop modding and MMM would not have any further progress, it is still incredible as is.
Not being a modder, I still understand that these big projects are almost never complete. If modders are anything like artists in the sense of "IT isn't done until IT tells me IT is done" then it may never be complet. But what is here is a treasure, so don't ever forget it. ;)

Thanks EM :)

@Mart/Anyone who knows: What is the current incompatibility between MMM RC1 and Burnification mods?

I didn't say there were incompatibilities, I was saying I heard it has bugs and, further, if it does its magic by altering creature records/scripts it might not work happily with MMM, but I'd have to look at it and I don't have the time atm.

Hey guys, what are the best places for a Super Mutant Gargantuan encounter? I'm dying to kill one to see how much awesome loot it drops with FOOK installed hehe...

They're completely random with Supermutant spawns, outside only, with the exception of Evergreen Mills.
Josephine Gowing

Post » Wed Aug 19, 2009 1:49 pm

The script is as complete as it is going to get for the moment. Unfortunately, I am unable to "rollback" the install if the user cancels during the actual install part due to the security restrictions in place by FOMM to prevent malicious code in scripts. The best I could do is a big old warning before cancelling that data files will be left behind if the install is cancelled.

Here are screenshots of the script in action:
http://i237.photobucket.com/albums/ff183/gfreeman1/FOMM/MMMF3_FOMM_Install_1.jpg
http://i237.photobucket.com/albums/ff183/gfreeman1/FOMM/MMMF3_FOMM_Install_2.jpg
http://i237.photobucket.com/albums/ff183/gfreeman1/FOMM/MMMF3_FOMM_Install_3.jpg
http://i237.photobucket.com/albums/ff183/gfreeman1/FOMM/MMMF3_FOMM_Install_4.jpg

What is the best way to get the script to you? Being that it is 580 lines long, posting here isn't going to work. Would a 7z via email be ok?
Prue

Post » Wed Aug 19, 2009 8:47 pm

No. Well, not normally. If it died that way then no. If you shoot them off later then yes -- but this is a bug. In RC1 I actually placed the limb detection code too early in the raising script, so right now they will raise even if you've shot their head or legs after they're dead. In the next update they'll stay down if you dismember them after death, as it should be.

Well that explains the "Did i miss that many?" moments i've had :D

Also i noticed that in one of the metros (the one near the river where raiders and Super Mutants are fighting, raiders won BTW) i activated the Protectron, but it didn't fire at the mole rats, nor did the mole rats attack the Protectron.
TIhIsmc L Griot

Post » Wed Aug 19, 2009 8:19 am

Hell YEAH!

I KNEW it would be great! Amazing work!

I see you got the ghoul limbs working! :)

But... Why is it called RC1?
marina

Post » Wed Aug 19, 2009 7:08 am

That's kinda hard to remember, ages since I made the IS equations. They're a binary pair which weights the result to the average, so it's not simple unless I pull out a calc. Just remember to set it to a float if setting a value less than 2 or it won't take effect. Start with 2 and if you feel it's too much, try 1.75 then 1.5.

No worries, dont concern yourself with the equations if its that much trouble, it wasn't that important, I was simply curious, but thanks anyway. ;)

Also i noticed that in one of the metros (the one near the river where raiders and Super Mutants are fighting, raiders won BTW) i activated the Protectron, but it didn't fire at the mole rats, nor did the mole rats attack the Protectron.

I too have noticed this, same thing happens at the Super Duper Mart, must be an error with the factions. :shrug:

But... Why is it called RC1?

It stands for "Release Candidate 1"
Epul Kedah

Post » Wed Aug 19, 2009 6:20 am

On a slight OT tangent...(that has probably been covered in one of the previous dozen MMM threads)

If http://img18.imageshack.us/img18/3185/arlingtonnight.jpg area doesn't have any special night ghoul spawn points via MMM, it needs to. :D

The cemetery combined with Fellout is just screaming for some special treatment from MMM.

Over 300 hours of game time and I've 'just' visited Arlington Cometary (the whole zone & Falls Church area) for the first time.
Kathryn Medows

Post » Wed Aug 19, 2009 7:56 pm

Is there any way to get a mod such as "Type V Female Body and Armor Replacer" to work well with MMM, thinking of the female raiders for example?

It works fine with MMM, don't need to do anything special to it.
Maya Maya

Post » Wed Aug 19, 2009 8:22 pm

wait.. are you saying if I don't kill them by using a limb (not the head ethier) then they will get up attack me, and keeping getting back up at random to attack me? lol I mean it sounds zombie like to be sure, and is cool in a way, but that svcks. I'm a head hunter..
J.P loves

Post » Wed Aug 19, 2009 9:39 pm

wait.. are you saying if I don't kill them by using a limb (not the head ethier) then they will get up attack me, and keeping getting back up at random to attack me? lol I mean it sounds zombie like to be sure, and is cool in a way, but that svcks. I'm a head hunter..
There's a plugin to disable it, if you're not too fond of recently-dead ghouls popping up and clawing at your goolies.
Life long Observer

Post » Wed Aug 19, 2009 12:54 pm

Hiya,
Is there any way to remove the Floater mutants? They're cool and all, but I don't really appreciate fleshy masses walking across my screen. It makes me feel slightly sick.
Liv Staff

Post » Wed Aug 19, 2009 8:08 am

Mart's Mutant Mod - No Floaters.esp ??
Vicki Blondie

Post » Wed Aug 19, 2009 1:07 pm

The script is as complete as it is going to get for the moment. Unfortunately, I am unable to "rollback" the install if the user cancels during the actual install part due to the security restrictions in place by FOMM to prevent malicious code in scripts. The best I could do is a big old warning before cancelling that data files will be left behind if the install is cancelled.

Here are screenshots of the script in action:
http://i237.photobucket.com/albums/ff183/gfreeman1/FOMM/MMMF3_FOMM_Install_1.jpg
http://i237.photobucket.com/albums/ff183/gfreeman1/FOMM/MMMF3_FOMM_Install_2.jpg
http://i237.photobucket.com/albums/ff183/gfreeman1/FOMM/MMMF3_FOMM_Install_3.jpg
http://i237.photobucket.com/albums/ff183/gfreeman1/FOMM/MMMF3_FOMM_Install_4.jpg

What is the best way to get the script to you? Being that it is 580 lines long, posting here isn't going to work. Would a 7z via email be ok?

That looks fantastic! Definitely send it through, and with any instructions on how to bundle it. I haven't had time to look at let alone use FOMM's installer.

Just quickly, do you know if FOMM's ArchiveInvalidated Invalidation implementation also sets bLoadFaceGenHeadEGTFiles in the user's ini like AII does? This is important to prevent mismatched heads/bodies with the new Raider races.

Well that explains the "Did i miss that many?" moments i've had :D

Yeah that's been noted, will fix for next update, hopefully up in a few days.

On a slight OT tangent...(that has probably been covered in one of the previous dozen MMM threads)

If http://img18.imageshack.us/img18/3185/arlingtonnight.jpg area doesn't have any special night ghoul spawn points via MMM, it needs to. :D

The cemetery combined with Fellout is just screaming for some special treatment from MMM.

It is, isn't it? Only I really avoid doing cell changes, kind of like an unwritten rule, given the problems they can cause with compatibility. I've looked just now in the GECK and I could attach a script that spawns them at Arlington Cemetary via the benches there, thereby just attaching a script to these statics, with a cell and night time check. Hmm....

No, they only raise once, only if they are increased spawns and not the original spawn, only if legs and head are still inactact, and only if a 50% chance roll is true.
Eve(G)

Post » Wed Aug 19, 2009 8:33 am

Having a great time with the mod, but ran into a problem with my first encounter with a glowing one. It was in the Bethesda underground near the Bethesda offices. Basically it was completely unkillable as far as I could tell. I tried unloading my combat shotgun into its head, dropping 6 frag mines and 2 bottlecap mines (all I had) in one spot and letting it walk over them... nothing worked... it still had 90% health and would never drop lower than that. Is this normal??

All other ghouls in the area were easily dispatched with one rifle shot to the head.
lauraa

Post » Wed Aug 19, 2009 4:52 pm

Just quickly, do you know if FOMM's ArchiveInvalidated Invalidation implementation also sets bLoadFaceGenHeadEGTFiles in the user's ini like AII does? This is important to prevent mismatched heads/bodies with the new Raider races.

It's set to 0 in my GECKCustom.ini, and I'm sure I use FOMM's AII method.
Is that why my new NPCs look strange? What does it actually do?
neen

Post » Wed Aug 19, 2009 6:45 pm

I checked the source code, it does the following when you apply archive invalidation using the "Toggle Invalidation" feature of FOMM:
  • Sets bInvalidateOlderFiles to 1
  • Sets bLoadFaceGenHeadEGTFiles to 1
  • Sets SInvalidationFile to nothing
  • Creates ArchiveInvalidationInvalidated!.bsa in the Data folder
  • Adds ArchiveInvalidationInvalidated!.bsa to SArchiveList

When I get home tonight, I will put together a 7z with the script as well as some instructions on how to include it into the official package. I can't seem to find your email anywhere though, could you pm me with it?
Breanna Van Dijk

Post » Wed Aug 19, 2009 7:57 pm

Toggling invalidation off/on set it to 1, in the FALLOUT.INI. I'm guessing it was added after I installed the first time, and didn't get set as I updated FOMM.
Soku Nyorah

Post » Wed Aug 19, 2009 5:53 pm

It is, isn't it? Only I really avoid doing cell changes, kind of like an unwritten rule, given the problems they can cause with compatibility. I've looked just now in the GECK and I could attach a script that spawns them at Arlington Cemetary via the benches there, thereby just attaching a script to these statics, with a cell and night time check. Hmm....

More than understood about the cell changes.
The rest of this post is an FYI & .02

I've just discovered the Arlington area and haven't fully explored it yet, but it seems way too quiet in the outside areas in and around the Cemetery.
There appears to be one Raider spawn point near Cemetery North by the bus liner.

Other than that the place seems deserted... Hence, my post with the picture. ;)

According to the Official FO3 Strategy Guide the Arlington area (outside) just spawns Raiders.

On another note... Nibs http://www.fallout3nexus.com/downloads/file.php?id=3449 and burned ghouls...

Iirc it is your plan to have your script check for missing body parts and type of corpse before a Raise, such as check for burned, ashed, gooped and/or jibbed remains.

I tested this a little last night with MMM RC1 and it appears there is no immediately noticeable ill effect of Burnification on the MMM "Raised Ghoul" feature. The two mods don't appear to interfere with one another (have not looked at them in FO3Edit or properly tested).

Burnification seems to work as well as it always has.

The ghouls will still have the potential to be raised from burned corpses.
mike

Post » Wed Aug 19, 2009 6:13 pm

Hi Mart.

Before I ask my question it is an honor to meet you.I've used your Mods from Fallout & Oblivion.Fantastic and Thank you. :bowdown: :celebration: :bowdown:

Now for the stupid question.Which is the most up to date version please.Is it not Martigen's Mutant Mod for Fallout 3 - Beta 4?

I just found FOMS and run to sort load order,I've shown a message " you have all the qualifying mods for patch Marts Mutant Mods-FEV.esp" .Where do I find this please?

Thank you very much for any help you can give.

Cheers.

James :foodndrink:
RAww DInsaww

Post » Wed Aug 19, 2009 6:26 pm

Hi Mart.

Before I ask my question it is an honor to meet you.I've used your Mods from Fallout & Oblivion.Fantastic and Thank you. :bowdown: :celebration: :bowdown:

Now for the stupid question.Which is the most up to date version please.Is it not Martigen's Mutant Mod for Fallout 3 - Beta 4?

I just found FOMS and run to sort load order,I've shown a message " you have all the qualifying mods for patch Marts Mutant Mods-FEV.esp" .Where do I find this please?

Thank you very much for any help you can give.

Cheers.

James :foodndrink:

No, the most updated version is RC 1, which is beyond Beta.

As for the other question, You have to find someone more qualified. :shakehead:
Guy Pearce

Post » Wed Aug 19, 2009 7:31 am

No, the most updated version is RC 1, which is beyond Beta.

As for the other question, You have to find someone more qualified. :shakehead:

Hi lord,

Thank you for your reply.:)

As for the Marts Mutant Mods-FEV.esp I've found it Thanks :celebration:

Cheers.

James. :foodndrink:
Jason King

Post » Wed Aug 19, 2009 4:14 pm

Mart, could the knockback attack be applied to other creatures? This would be something perfect for Dogmeat since his attacks dont do much damage, but at least it he would be useful for temporarily removing enemies out of the fight.
CArlos BArrera

Post » Wed Aug 19, 2009 4:59 pm

Just wanted to say thanks for an awesome mod! Now we have geckoes, wannamingos and floaters; coolness! Now all we need are some rats, pigrats and praying mantises to complete the critter list. Hope to one day see these too.. :)
Tom Flanagan

Post » Wed Aug 19, 2009 7:09 am

Mart, could the knockback attack be applied to other creatures? This would be something perfect for Dogmeat since his attacks dont do much damage, but at least it he would be useful for temporarily removing enemies out of the fight.

It can, with some effort. It's not something that's exclusive to the Gargie. However to do that you have to have free time and scripting experience.
Anna Beattie

Post » Wed Aug 19, 2009 9:08 am

Using RC1 and am getting launching Geckos, also, are the Geckos supposed to be friendly?

Don't remember it's been so long since I played FO 1 and 2
Chloe Yarnall

PreviousNext

Return to Fallout 3