So, Morrowinds been destroyed huh?

Post » Wed Aug 26, 2009 12:09 pm

A small question that arose to me for a while now, why didn't vivec just move the rock AWAY, he had a few millenia time to do that so...
Actually seeing how it could be hollowed out they could have chipped away chunks of it, carry them far out on sea and dump them.
Jessica Thomson

Post » Wed Aug 26, 2009 7:58 am

A small question that arose to me for a while now, why didn't vivec just move the rock AWAY, he had a few millenia time to do that so...
Actually seeing how it could be hollowed out they could have chipped away chunks of it, carry them far out on sea and dump them.

http://www.imperial-library.info/mwbooks/lessons.shtml

When Nerevar returned, he saw the frozen comet above his lord's city. He asked whether or not Vivec wanted it removed.

'I would have done so myself if I wanted, silly Hortator. I shall keep it there with its last intention intact, so that if the love of the people of this city for me ever disappear, so shall the power that holds back their destruction.'

DeeD

Post » Wed Aug 26, 2009 8:10 am

This kind of thing happens, provinces get destroyed, lots of people die, it's a common occurance :lol: Okay, it actually isn't, but in a world where world threatening events have been known to ocurr and where the heroes sometimes have to kill gods, it's hardly a surprise that this sort of thing would happen and some point. Besides, it happened to Morrowind, the Dunmer had it coming. And with the whole no emperor on the throne thing and all that, it's no surprise that other events that would change the status quo will also occur.

Maybe this is the real reason the Nerevarine went to Akavir, to save himself from the whole affair. Though I doubt that's the case,

As to how this will effect the series, for one thing, I doubt we'll see anymore games in Morrowind any time soon.

woder if the nerevarine comes back and saves the day?
Monique Cameron

Post » Wed Aug 26, 2009 8:05 am

lol hopefully when the land is restored it doesnt become another "rich vibrant forest" because the volcanic ash gave enough nutrients to support that type of ecosystem.

Thats actually possible withe the border to cyrodill. :P
Stephanie Kemp

Post » Wed Aug 26, 2009 11:21 am

When Nerevar returned, he saw the frozen comet above his lord's city. He asked whether or not Vivec wanted it removed.

'I would have done so myself if I wanted, silly Hortator. I shall keep it there with its last intention intact, so that if the love of the people of this city for me ever disappear, so shall the power that holds back their destruction.'

So... he's just being a dike. Should choose the alt-path on my next playtrough. :chaos:
R.I.p MOmmy

Post » Tue Aug 25, 2009 8:37 pm

Vivec just looooves having the last laugh, doesn't he?
Jordyn Youngman

Post » Wed Aug 26, 2009 12:52 am

By the by, the Sermons were outdated before TES III was released and so the contradictions between the Sermons and the game are numerous. They shouldn't count as legit references.

That excerpt goes against what all he said to the Nerevarine after the MQ about things like rebuilding the Temple and helping the people. Maybe he wrote that when he was a younger more spiteful false god in order to propagandize and protray himself and his other triunes as all-powerful early in their millenia old regime. Maybe he sobered up and grew a conscience. He doesn't come off as the type of false god that would destroy his people if they stopped worshipping him. Indeed if I remember he implies that they should no longer be worshipped as gods but revered as Saints. He states that he loves his people and he designates the Nerevarine as the Protector of Morrowind. What better way to protect Morrowind then to neutralize that rock.

Even still, if the Sermons were legit and indeed Vivec was truly malicious, why wasn't the topic of landfall mentioned once in the Nerevarine's many conversations with the denizens of Vvardenfell. No one says, "Yeah if we stop worshipping Vivec, he'll annihilate us with the Ministry of Truth. Yep...svcks...gotta love the man." All in all, quite a sorry epilogue to TES III. Morrowind spared from one disaster only to get destroyed by an even greater disaster--from the frying pan into the fire...FAIL!
Alba Casas

Post » Wed Aug 26, 2009 2:44 am

By the by, the Sermons were outdated before TES III was released and so the contradictions between the Sermons and the game are numerous. They shouldn't count as legit references.

That excerpt goes against what all he said to the Nerevarine after the MQ about things like rebuilding the Temple and helping the people. Maybe he wrote that when he was a younger more spiteful false god in order to propagandize and protray himself and his other triunes as all-powerful early in their millenia old regime. Maybe he sobered up and grew a conscience. He doesn't come off as the type of false god that would destroy his people if they stopped worshipping him. Indeed if I remember he implies that they should no longer be worshipped as gods but revered as Saints. He states that he loves his people and he designates the Nerevarine as the Protector of Morrowind. What better way to protect Morrowind then to neutralize that rock.

Even still, if the Sermons were legit and indeed Vivec was truly malicious, why wasn't the topic of landfall mentioned once in the Nerevarine's many conversations with the denizens of Vvardenfell. No one says, "Yeah if we stop worshipping Vivec, he'll annihilate us with the Ministry of Truth. Yep...svcks...gotta love the man." All in all, quite a sorry epilogue to TES III. Morrowind spared from one disaster only to get destroyed by an even greater disaster--from the frying pan into the fire...FAIL!

But we know Vivec is a no good liar. And I killed him. Thus, through simple logic, we know that the sermons are lies that are true. Yet they aren't.

Don't forget kids, Hrol did love unto a hillock.
Peter lopez

Post » Wed Aug 26, 2009 5:53 am

MAJOR SNIP!
PS: Don't confuse "Morrowind" and "Vvradenfell", Vvradenfells is a region IN Morrowind, a big one but not all of it.

Ok that makes sense now, I didn't know how powerful that damn volcano was .
Causon-Chambers

Post » Wed Aug 26, 2009 5:36 am

If Vivec suddenly became less of a dike, then why not get up and get rid of Lie Rock? Because it's being used as a prison? He's a god for crying out loud, he can build a new canton and put all the prisoners in it, then get rid of Lie Rock. Nope, I'm positive his intentions were always the same, and that is "If they stop loving me, they're going to die."

Edit: Besides, if he TRULY loved his people, he would never put them in that much danger. The fact that Lie Rock was still floating there shows that he couldn't care less.
Dean

Post » Wed Aug 26, 2009 5:33 am

If Vivec suddenly became less of a dike, then why not get up and get rid of Lie Rock? Because it's being used as a prison? He's a god for crying out loud, he can build a new canton and put all the prisoners in it, then get rid of Lie Rock. Nope, I'm positive his intentions were always the same, and that is "If they stop loving me, they're going to die."

Edit: Besides, if he TRULY loved his people, he would never put them in that much danger. The fact that Lie Rock was still floating there shows that he couldn't care less.

Judging from his conversations with the player character in MW, I don't think Vivec was malicious toward his people. He probably no longer had enough power to move or destroy Lie Rock.
adam holden

Post » Wed Aug 26, 2009 1:02 am

Judging from his conversations with the player character in MW, I don't think Vivec was malicious toward his people. He probably no longer had enough power to move or destroy Lie Rock.

Even seeing that he was like that for millenias and must have just recently changed his mind since, as far as i know, the last "renewal" of their powers (which failed due to Dagoth Urs inolvement) would have happend just 10 years prior to Morrowind. If he had shown any intentions to remove the rock he would have done it before then.
flora

Post » Wed Aug 26, 2009 12:23 pm

He may not have been malicious, but I suppose he saw it as a sort of fair play. He was their god for centuries and if they stop loving him then they know the consequences. He told them the deal. Love me or die.
Kelly Osbourne Kelly

Post » Wed Aug 26, 2009 1:33 am

He may not have been malicious, but I suppose he saw it as a sort of fair play. He was their god for centuries and if they stop loving him then they know the consequences. He told them the deal. Love me or die.
So that leaves their love really open to whoever moves the rock or puts it away. Another magician could move it that afternoon, and they could love them for saving them. Unless the people don't believe Vic when he says that it's still coming. He has been known to be inaccurate.
Tikarma Vodicka-McPherson

Post » Wed Aug 26, 2009 5:32 am

Another magician could move it that afternoon, and they could love them for saving them.

And who, pray tell, would you nominate for that task? Just a magician's not going to cut it; it's frozen in time, not held in place by alterative magic. Any other sort-of-kind-of-false-but-not-really gods out there who care enough to intervene?
Amy Siebenhaar

Post » Wed Aug 26, 2009 2:59 am

And who, pray tell, would you nominate for that task? Just a magician's not going to cut it. Any other sort-of-kind-of-false-but-not-really gods out there who care enough to intervene?
I nominate Fast Eddie. Held in time? Who said? Oh yeah, Vic. That's solid proof. :P

You can either tunnel it, oblivion gate it, or hook a netch up to it to drag it away. Obviously these are all valid options because the elves built the ministry by hollowing it out.

Or they could agree to stop loving Vic one at a time so it would come down slowly.
Ashley Clifft

Post » Tue Aug 25, 2009 9:32 pm

I nominate Fast Eddie. Held in time? Who said? Oh yeah, Vic. That's solid proof. :P

You can either tunnel it, oblivion gate it, or hook a netch up to it to drag it away. Obviously these are all valid options because the elves built the ministry by hollowing it out.

Or they could agree to stop loving Vic one at a time so it would come down slowly.

Best bet: haul it over to the Summerset Isles and blow up some altmer.
Facebook me

Post » Wed Aug 26, 2009 1:09 am

I approve. And they'll score major brownie points with the nords!
Patrick Gordon

Post » Wed Aug 26, 2009 12:51 am

Hahaaaa.... I dont yet have the book but thats a very interesting spoiler.

The dark elves had it comin... :evil: :evil:
Krista Belle Davis

Post » Wed Aug 26, 2009 8:35 am

You do realise the Altmer are pretty powerful mages? If they combined their strength, they could pick it up and hurl it into the IC... or Vivec's face. I don't know if they can open Oblivion gates though. >.>
Bird

Post » Wed Aug 26, 2009 11:19 am

lol that moon could very well have been used as a WMD by Vivec and leverage.....just port it over the imperial city >_>

who needs numindum
ijohnnny

Post » Wed Aug 26, 2009 4:24 am

lol that moon could very well have been used as a WMD by Vivec and leverage.....just port it over the imperial city >_>

who needs numindum

But then the good people of Morrowind wouldn't experience the joys of tough love.
Micah Judaeah

Post » Wed Aug 26, 2009 8:08 am

But then the good people of Morrowind wouldn't experience the joys of tough love.

ahhh but the people of Cyrodil will be able to play Roadrunner and Coyote with Dagon.

*Dagon walks out of Oblivion gate*
*Sees Acme Ministry of Truth? falling from above*
*Holds up sign saying "Tough love?*
*Ministry of Truth hits*
*Credits roll*

Thats all folks!
Jessica Nash

Post » Wed Aug 26, 2009 1:09 am

You do realise the Altmer are pretty powerful mages? If they combined their strength, they could pick it up and hurl it into the IC... or Vivec's face. I don't know if they can open Oblivion gates though. >.>

Your forgetting that Altmer are a bunch of stuck up elves. THEY NEED TO DIE!
CHANONE

Post » Wed Aug 26, 2009 3:46 am

Your forgetting that Altmer are a bunch of stuck up elves. THEY NEED TO DIE!

Exactly!
Lovingly

PreviousNext

Return to The Elder Scrolls Series Discussion