So, Morrowinds been destroyed huh?

Post » Wed Aug 26, 2009 4:11 am

I can just imagine Beth just whispering to Keyes saying "[censored] up Morrowind".
Nikki Morse

Post » Wed Aug 26, 2009 11:37 am

The final Elder Scrolls writers have been given the shaft, and now Greg Keyes threatens to bring all of Tamriel to its knees. We must find the sole survivor of Todd Howard's carnage - a long forgotten man named Ted Petersen. We must find him, and close shut the story flaws...of Oblivion. :ahhh:
Jordan Moreno

Post » Wed Aug 26, 2009 1:03 am

w8 umbriel didn't i uber pwn him and trap his soul with umbra and put in soul gem that i keep in my house?

meridia was playing tricks with ya i think :P but thise sounds like most story's: evil from history who got destroid makes is comback for revange then he seems stronger then first time but get kick assed by a hero then for his second try he thinks more of a stragegy :P
Enny Labinjo

Post » Wed Aug 26, 2009 9:28 am

The Nereverine cult got their wish then didn't they? I doubt there is to much Imperial influence on Vvardnefell now. I would imagine many Dunmer have fallen, and I doubt Nerevar has met his end. Looks like the conclusion of a lengthy Prophecy.
Rachel Eloise Getoutofmyface

Post » Tue Aug 25, 2009 10:50 pm

I would like to know how much of MW population actually died. The book makes it sounds like almost everyone.

And to top it off, Umbriel turns part of the survivors into zombies as it pass through southern Morrowind in route to the crater that once was Vivec City. :P
Melly Angelic

Post » Wed Aug 26, 2009 6:08 am

Correct me if I am wrong but wasn't there a province destroyed before . Forgot the book that stated it though.

Yokuda was destroyed by an ancient and forbidden sword technique which creates a huge atomic blast.
Roddy

Post » Wed Aug 26, 2009 10:02 am

Yokuda was destroyed by an ancient and forbidden sword technique which creates a huge atomic blast.

And there was Thras, but those Sload totally had it coming what with the Thrassian plague killing people left and right. Though, rumors indicate that Thras has resurfaced. D:
Evaa

Post » Tue Aug 25, 2009 9:29 pm

And there was Thras, but those Sload totally had it coming what with the Thrassian plague killing people left and right. Though, rumors indicate that Thras has resurfaced. D:

I think Thras resurfaced in the Warp in the West... or the last Dragon Break... one of those time altering events.
Cagla Cali

Post » Tue Aug 25, 2009 9:08 pm

I think Thras resurfaced in the Warp in the West... or the last Dragon Break... one of those time altering events.

Why........exactly?
Danii Brown

Post » Wed Aug 26, 2009 12:38 pm

Why........exactly?

http://www.imperial-library.info/fsg/astionarticle1.shtml

The powerplay in the Iliac Bay ends, and balance is brought between the citystates of Sentinel, Wayrest and Daggerfall. It is even believed by some that the Warp reversed the destruction of the Coral Kingdoms of Thras, and that the Sload are no longer extinct.

But considering that's just something the Forum Scholars Guild wrote, I don't know if there's any hard evidence or not. :shrug:
Add Me

Post » Wed Aug 26, 2009 5:59 am

There is no hard evidence, and that last part is pure speculation at best that the dragon break did that.
Jade Barnes-Mackey

Post » Tue Aug 25, 2009 9:28 pm

Let's nuke 'em all and make TESV:FANTASY Fallout. I agree it svcks many fictional worlds are almost static, but blowing up parts of it is a bit too much IMO, they could have done something larger and horrible to it and more area, but blowing it up... seriously? That's a quick solution, just blow a massive hole, and bury morrowind, to leave the rest to argonians, and make the dunmer exiled again.
Quick Draw

Post » Tue Aug 25, 2009 11:05 pm

i woudlnt mind if they nuked Cyrodil

:foodndrink:
Damian Parsons

Post » Tue Aug 25, 2009 9:47 pm

Let's nuke 'em all and make TESV:FANTASY Fallout. I agree it svcks many fictional worlds are almost static, but blowing up parts of it is a bit too much IMO, they could have done something larger and horrible to it and more area, but blowing it up... seriously? That's a quick solution, just blow a massive hole, and bury morrowind, to leave the rest to argonians, and make the dunmer exiled again.

You mean TES V: LandFallout.
Andrew Perry

Post » Wed Aug 26, 2009 5:35 am

Ugh! Morrowind hasn't blown up damn it people! Yes, the city of Vivec was hit by a meteorite, and the volcano erupted, but Morrowind has not been blown to smithereens like Yokunda. It's still there. The dunmer are still alive, just relocated. Vvardenfell hasn't been removed from the world, it's covered in hardened magma, and the southern portion in ash. Morrowind will come back.
Emma Pennington

Post » Wed Aug 26, 2009 9:26 am

Ugh! Morrowind hasn't blown up damn it people! Yes, the city of Vivec was hit by a meteorite, and the volcano erupted, but Morrowind has not been blown to smithereens like Yokunda. It's still there. The dunmer are still alive, just relocated. Vvardenfell hasn't been removed from the world, it's covered in hardened magma, and the southern portion in ash. Morrowind will come back.

That's the same as blowing it up, just that the land still is there, what I mean is that they just "blew it up", the people are gone, the place is ruined, what wasn't hit is taken by argonians, and the dunmer are exiled again. I just don't like what happened, to qoute my thoughts about what they might have thought "Let's have some change, oh, Morrowind, that place was pretty unique, and a bit too popular. Also, we have doom hanging over it so we don't need a stupid retcon, let's make the whole place blow up in a huge volcanic explosion. Niice, change, lots of it..." I think it's a bit too catastrophic, not only does the volcano erupt again, but it's one huge explosion that makes the whole place uninhabitable and kills every damn thing even close to to it.
Laura Ellaby

Post » Wed Aug 26, 2009 4:40 am

NOOOO!!!!

Why couldn't they have taken Elsweyr instead?!?!
Sebrina Johnstone

Post » Wed Aug 26, 2009 11:35 am

The birth of the 4th Era the end of Vvardenfell(or is it...) Morrowind ruined.The proud Dunmer taken over by their former slaves, what other misery shall the once mighty Dark Elves.What other tragdey shall befall this once great naton. :swear:
Stu Clarke

Post » Wed Aug 26, 2009 8:50 am

That's the same as blowing it up, just that the land still is there, what I mean is that they just "blew it up", the people are gone, the place is ruined, what wasn't hit is taken by argonians, and the dunmer are exiled again. I just don't like what happened, to qoute my thoughts about what they might have thought "Let's have some change, oh, Morrowind, that place was pretty unique, and a bit too popular. Also, we have doom hanging over it so we don't need a stupid retcon, let's make the whole place blow up in a huge volcanic explosion. Niice, change, lots of it..." I think it's a bit too catastrophic, not only does the volcano erupt again, but it's one huge explosion that makes the whole place uninhabitable and kills every damn thing even close to to it.

It's been through worse geologically, the last huge eruption sent enough soot into the atmosphere to block out the sun for a year. And yet the Dwemer and Daedric ruins survived. I suspect it was accompanied by earthquakes, which could have more easily leveled cities further away from Red Mountain, such as Balmora.
Leticia Hernandez

Post » Wed Aug 26, 2009 12:03 am

Catastrophic as the history of Morrowind is it's insane.I hope they can fully recover and reclaim their lost lands.Rebuild their civilization and work past the loss of the Tribunal and their major cities.I hope they come out of their downfall alot more powerful than they were...
Causon-Chambers

Post » Tue Aug 25, 2009 9:14 pm

Catastrophic as the history of Morrowind is it's insane.I hope they can fully recover and reclaim their lost lands.Rebuild their civilization and work past the loss of the Tribunal and their major cities.I hope they come out of their downfall alot more powerful than they were...

Or at least on better terms with the Nords. They might even learn to coexist in Morrowind together, like the Chimer and the Dwemer.
James Hate

Post » Wed Aug 26, 2009 4:01 am

Or at least on better terms with the Nords. They might even learn to coexist in Morrowind together, like the Chimer and the Dwemer.

That alliance could help their socitity out the Nords combat ablilitys and military might could present a powerful force to be reckened with.All hail the dark skinned red eyed Dunmer. :bowdown:
Iain Lamb

Post » Tue Aug 25, 2009 11:03 pm

Hey OP, thanks for ruining the novel for me.

I hope they don't. It's been done: Morrowind (or at least Vvardenfell) is gone. Bringing it back bigger and badder would just be tacky.
chloe hampson

Post » Wed Aug 26, 2009 2:39 am

Hey OP, thanks for ruining the novel for me.

I hope they don't. It's been done: Morrowind (or at least Vvardenfell) is gone. Bringing it back bigger and badder would just be tacky.

How would it? With proper help and restoration the land could be redesigned and refurbished into a powerful provence with a great ally...
Cayal

Post » Wed Aug 26, 2009 10:07 am

Even being the hardcoe Morrowind fan that I am, I smiled when I read it. It makes sense in a way, since the player causes Vivec's loss of power and had the option to kill Vivec in Morrowind. So to write from the assumption that it was possible what do we get? Vivec had to have died or disappeared mysteriously. We had forewarning in one of Oblivion's rumors, if memory serves, and it shows Bethesda is willing to solidify (or allow someone else to solidify) some of the more abstruse* lore-- the loveletter in this case-- as canon and possibly important considering the implications of
Spoiler
a character named Sul
being in the book. Could set the stage for future games.

I'll miss the old Vvardenfell, and I'm still just as disappointed by it as I am entertained by the book's changes to Nirn, but I have to admit immediate vicinity of what was once Vivec City sounds like it'd be a pretty cool location. Besides, it isn't like we were going to see a new game set in Morrowind for a long time anyway. Now bring on the destruction of Cyrodiil.

*I admit this post is partially because I've always wanted a chance to use that word.
Steve Fallon

PreviousNext

Return to The Elder Scrolls Series Discussion