Option to turn off Blood/Gore?

Post » Fri Sep 03, 2010 5:31 pm

The problem with blood and gore is that it has become so commonplace in entertainment AND in real life, that when it happens - real or not - it's no big deal.
It's up to the game makers they either overdo it like Fallout 3 or come to a more reasonable approach.
From what I gathered from Todd's podcast there will be an appropriate amount of blood as would be expected in battle.
Fallout was shock and awe, Skyrim will probably be ouch that hurts.

I have issues with excessive blood and gore, so I had some MAJOR problems with Fallout 3. My first mods were Gore_No_More and Less_Blood for Fallout 3 . . . which tone done the amount of blood and gore to a level that I can handle. Fallout New Vegas was not nearly as excessive, and I'm guessing that Skyrim will be similar to FONV in this respect.

Having a bunch of options are good . . . as long as they are done correctly. FONV's hardcoe mode is an example of an option that was done very poorly.
Kayleigh Williams

Post » Fri Sep 03, 2010 3:30 pm

Sure why not. I don't care as long as it's optional. But i don't understand why annyone would want to use it. You don't mind killing your enemies with swords, axes, arrows, fireballs etc but you are afraid of a little blood? I can understand why Fallout 3 is too much for some people but why would annyone want to see less gore in TES? It was pretty relaxed in Oblivion IMO. I just don't understand it.

I am sick of the "think of the children" argument. This is exactly what holds games back as an advlt storytelling media. They will never get the same respect and artistic freedom as movies and books as long as people continues to think that every game needs to be appropriate for children. That's not Bethesdas responsibility, it's yours. It would be like asking Paramount Pictures to make Friday the 13th more child friendly, they can't, because the series was never meant for children.
JERMAINE VIDAURRI

Post » Fri Sep 03, 2010 5:52 pm

It is an M-rated game for a reason. People should keep it in mind that an M-rated game may have blood & gore when they're making the purchase.

I agree that some things should be optional (like the terrorist level in Modern Warfare 2) as some things can just be considered morally wrong to play. But blood & gore? No.
Alisia Lisha

Previous

Return to V - Skyrim