Option to turn off Blood/Gore?

Post » Fri Sep 03, 2010 10:31 am

Options are good, but this would just take time away from them that they could be using to do something more productive.

Voted yes anyway, but that's what i think as well ;)
Lynette Wilson

Post » Fri Sep 03, 2010 1:50 pm

are you kidding me? i called my mother into the room and butchered the whole of tenpenny tower with the auto axe
Hayley O'Gara

Post » Fri Sep 03, 2010 6:58 am

I do not care, I have played Soldier of Fortune with my father when i was 8 :P
Laura-Lee Gerwing

Post » Fri Sep 03, 2010 1:53 am

This is just like it is with [CENSORED] (and the censored word is not a swear word) certain meshes, textures, and animations which are suppossed to look like kids... I can't see anything wrong with it, 'CUSS ITS NOT REAL! I wouldn't do anything like that in real life (even though in real life I don't really mind gore and blood), but thats because REAL LIFE IS REAL! and besides everything just can't be censored for kids, it takes the fun out of being an advlt...
Emily Jeffs

Post » Fri Sep 03, 2010 2:15 am

as long as it doenst interupt the procces of anything else in the development, it would be nice
Tanya

Post » Fri Sep 03, 2010 3:22 am

I want MORE gore, not less :|

But he's not asking for that. He is asking for the OPTION to turn of the gore which he finds unnecessary.
BRAD MONTGOMERY

Post » Fri Sep 03, 2010 8:52 am

There are many, many reasons why the Elder Scrolls games should not be played in front of children. Blood and gore is just one of them. Turning it off won't give the game an E rating.
Jessie Butterfield

Post » Fri Sep 03, 2010 2:04 pm

Disabling blood and gore from this game will be like removing sugar from marmalade.
And I agree with the previous post. :thumbsup:
Nuno Castro

Post » Fri Sep 03, 2010 5:58 am

I sincerely hope you can disable the blood/gore.

Here we go again with the "toggle options." If this game included a toggleable option for every single thing in the game that people want to be an option, we would never get to play the game. We'd be choosing options all [censored] day. If you don't want your kids, siblings, etc. to see blood, then don't play when they're in the room. Simple as that.
Rusty Billiot

Post » Fri Sep 03, 2010 1:12 pm

i personally dont care about blood and gore on/off options but i would like to see the option for those who are squeamish. and when my daughter gets to the age to understand that stuff if i dont want her to see it ill eather play when she's not around or tell her to leave the room. simple as that
Kevan Olson

Post » Fri Sep 03, 2010 6:04 am

Having the option wouldn't hurt I guess, it would stop people from having a cry about gore being in the game.
Blaine

Post » Fri Sep 03, 2010 1:14 pm

Even if childrens play the game, I bet they would set Gore "ON".
jeremey wisor

Post » Fri Sep 03, 2010 5:01 am

Here we go again with the "toggle options." If this game included a toggleable option for every single thing in the game that people want to be an option, we would never get to play the game. We'd be choosing options all [censored] day. If you don't want your kids, siblings, etc. to see blood, then don't play when they're in the room. Simple as that.

No, I do not want to have to see the gore. I think it is sick and disgusting and it detracts from the game for me. If others like it so be it. You don't have to stare at the options menu all day you know. It is ridiculous to clamor against options for others, especially when it is something on a matter like this. I find gore to be more disgusting than full nudity in the game would be (I don't think the game needs nudity either). If you like it, fine. Don't tell me that I shouldn't be able to turn off such graphic violence.

One of the first things I will do if you can't turn it off is look for a mod to disable the blood splatter. If we were asking for there to be NO blood I could understand the opposition, since that encroaches on the desires of those who want the blood.

It's really strange to me. You look at a topic about innocent romance and you see oodles of "eew that's icky" posts but you look in a topic about blood or gore and people openly lust for it. I'm not in a place to judge others for wanting to see that kind of thing, but I certainly don't want to have to see it myself.

I'm glad it's not going to be on the level of Fallout 3. Maybe some day I'll play that game with the gore disabling mods (what's sad is if you look up that topic you'll see many people immaturely being no help whatsoever bashing people for not wanting to see that graphic violence, as if there's something wrong not wanting to see people blown apart). If Skyrim were as bad as those other games I simply would not play it until mods come out to get rid of it. I don't play games to be disgusted by horrific gore. I play them to have fun. If gore is fun for others, so be it. I don't have to see it, and for others like myself that shouldn't exclude us from the game considering blood/gore has nothing to do with the core game play experience.
jessica breen

Post » Fri Sep 03, 2010 10:01 am

No, I do not want to have to see the gore. I think it is sick and disgusting and it detracts from the game for me. If others like it so be it. You don't have to stare at the options menu all day you know. It is ridiculous to clamor against options for others, especially when it is something on a matter like this. I find gore to be more disgusting than full nudity in the game would be (I don't think the game needs nudity either). If you like it, fine. Don't tell me that I shouldn't be able to turn off such graphic violence.

One of the first things I will do if you can't turn it off is look for a mod to disable the blood splatter. If we were asking for there to be NO blood I could understand the opposition, since that encroaches on the desires of those who want the blood.

It's really strange to me. You look at a topic about innocent romance and you see oodles of "eew that's icky" posts but you look in a topic about blood or gore and people openly lust for it. I'm not in a place to judge others for wanting to see that kind of thing, but I certainly don't want to have to see it myself.

Blood and gore simply increases the realism. When people slash at things they want to see it react how it normally which maybe ''sick and disgusting'' as it is real. Pretending cutting people doesn't do anything is delusional and much more sick and disgusting in my humble opinion.
I am not against toggleable blood but I really dont see it as necessary in a Mature game.
TOYA toys

Post » Fri Sep 03, 2010 3:16 pm

Gore and blood are a must for me, but please not like Fallout. I want 'realistic' gore, not arrow shots to the neck that make their head pop off like a doll. :rock:
c.o.s.m.o

Post » Fri Sep 03, 2010 4:02 pm

There definitely will be an option, just like in Oblivion. I won't need it though.
Beulah Bell

Post » Fri Sep 03, 2010 4:00 pm

The problem with blood and gore is that it has become so commonplace in entertainment AND in real life, that when it happens - real or not - it's no big deal.
It's up to the game makers they either overdo it like Fallout 3 or come to a more reasonable approach.
From what I gathered from Todd's podcast there will be an appropriate amount of blood as would be expected in battle.
Fallout was shock and awe, Skyrim will probably be ouch that hurts.
Harinder Ghag

Post » Fri Sep 03, 2010 10:30 am

I voted no, the issue is not that the images make kids bad but the lack of advlt supervision and instruction. Spend enough time hammering it into a kid that what is on the screen is not real and teaching it what′s ok and what′s not, and making sure they don′t mind gore and you end up with a only mildly traumatized individual :)

Options are always optional and nice though.
Cat

Post » Fri Sep 03, 2010 3:07 am

I want MORE gore, not less :|

Ditto :hubbahubba:
Genocidal Cry

Post » Fri Sep 03, 2010 5:52 am

I like when games have reduced gore versions. I also like when (namely the UT games) they have non-mature audio too. Of course that is impossible for games with tons of speech in them. Makes these games easier to play round young ones, but then again, we also must be smart when playing these games. Perhaps playing this game around children is not the smartest move. Then again, boys will play 'swords' with sticks and plastic bats anyways regardless if they see any gameplay.
Dalia

Post » Fri Sep 03, 2010 5:42 am

making all these options to toggle stuff on or off takes development time because then you have to go back in a change textures.. i would rather them spend more time making missions. and by the way WHAT GORE? there was a couple drops of blood on his arm compared to fallout that is absolutely nothing, the game isn't gory at all
Stu Clarke

Post » Fri Sep 03, 2010 2:37 pm

I personally like the ability to turn off gore when I have younger siblings or parents in the room.

So you're going to BS your parent into getting you the game and you need to turn that stuff off when they're around. Having settings doesn't hurt anything, so good luck on that.
GPMG

Post » Fri Sep 03, 2010 3:05 am

Look at it this way, what kind of lesson would we be teaching young children if they only see you stabbing people to sleep. The visual consequence behind stabbing someone should be horrid...not more trivialized than it already is. <_<
Kirsty Wood

Post » Fri Sep 03, 2010 4:15 pm

TBH I'm all for the idea Though I myself probably wouldn't use it, I see no reason why it shouldn't be a toggled effect for those who aren't interested in blood/gore effects. Annoyed me to no end that I couldn't turn off the blood in Dragon Age (having a character constantly splattered in blood gets old pretty quickly, especially when you're looking at his face everytime you get into an NPC conversation).

Or people who don't like blood effects could just move to Australia :biggrin:
Rik Douglas

Post » Fri Sep 03, 2010 7:37 am

Why play a 18+ game with kiddos in eye sight anyways? But I suppose it wouldn't hurt anyone if there was one.. But it did come as a shock and a wtf situation when Assassins Creed asked me if I want to have animus blood turned on.
oliver klosoff

PreviousNext

Return to V - Skyrim