PC Patch Preview

Post » Thu Sep 25, 2008 10:03 pm

Whata hell is goin on? Is the patch live or what!?
There was nothing mentioned about the Jackal in the preview?
Irmacuba

Post » Fri Sep 26, 2008 3:18 am

they didn't say but it feels like it.
Katie Louise Ingram

Post » Thu Sep 25, 2008 11:18 pm

they didn't say but it feels like it.

They only changed the sights for the Jackal. Its the same tweaked weapon until crytek post anything regarding it.
I just played with it for 10 minutes when 15-3 on an insta action server goin with wall street.

As for the K-volt I didnt feel anything different. Even with rapid fire. But I Still like that gun :)
Rusty Billiot

Post » Thu Sep 25, 2008 7:54 pm

why change the ammo u can have in a clip with extended mags? it was perfect now i can only kill 1 or 2 guys before i reload its stupid it already takes too many shots to kill someone
^~LIL B0NE5~^

Post » Thu Sep 25, 2008 6:40 pm

it must be live cause my extended SCARAB mag only holds 46 rounds instead of 50... But i still cant buy dlc
JAY

Post » Thu Sep 25, 2008 12:52 pm

GUASS RIFLE BALANCE PLEASE
Kira! :)))

Post » Thu Sep 25, 2008 8:42 pm

what about skippable cutscence in SP ? ( really boring when you replay somes lvl ), about unlock Cvar in SP, about allow tweakable file for SP ( bored of having to use a crysis 1.1.exe for SP tweak )

about Air Stomp who dont allow you to fire sometime, guass attachement fire rate is a bit strange in SP without any visual stuff look link bugged.

Round length increase are really too small

Finaly advanced graphic option ! Woot !
Rachel Eloise Getoutofmyface

Post » Thu Sep 25, 2008 6:44 pm

Due next week guys, just said on the PS3 forums that our patch is coming next week. GREAT! So we can attempt to play Double XP weekend with all these bugs. YES!
latrina

Post » Fri Sep 26, 2008 1:11 am

When you crawl into bed with Microsoft and/or Nvidia, you very seldom crawl out feeling/smelling "spring time fresh".

:P

Bill Gates is into population control /reduction, a far cry from nvidia, he's one of the bad guys, nvidia make graphics cards, Gates makes 'vaccines' for the Africans.
Sry to bump this. I wanted to make my self clear here.
I wasn't talking about Gates. Besides, Gates isn't President of MS anymore. I'm sure he's on the board and all, but the two aren't synonymous.

I was referring to the corporation's business practices. And while we're there, I doubt that MS's manufacturing practices aren't that much "Greener" than Nvidia's.

...unless you were being facetious and I totally missed it ..... ;D

I understand that businesses trading favors for a little "grease" is common across all fences. But I don't have to like it. In the end, the consumer gets it in the shorts one way or the other regardless of which group said company is trying to benefit.
*shrug*
Andrew Tarango

Post » Thu Sep 25, 2008 4:40 pm

Please dont nerf Mobility Enhance too much. (Preferrably not at all). Since it is already pretty ineffective.

Especially if you're not getting full value out of it by using a light primary such as the feline.

It is fine as it is IMO.
If it's going to get nerfed in terms of the reduced energy consumption it provides during sprinting and jumping, then it needs to be buffed some other way IMO. I have played Crysis 2 since the 2nd week it came out, and I have never encountered anyone even mention Mobility Enhance as OP, but rather that they dont use it seeing as it is ineffective to them.
Sophie Miller

Post » Thu Sep 25, 2008 11:20 am

well tbh vosse u were using cheap tactics, now atleast u might get some skills
Cheap my ass, buddy.

It's completely legitimate(ANYONE CAN DO IT) and optimized for different gametypes.
If you knew ANYTHING about tactics then you'd know exactly what i'm talking about.

Mobility Enhance paired with stealth enhance and energy transfer for Relay and Crash site with your gun of choice or a shotgun for rushing makes for an incredibly effective set of perks that benefit you and your team. (Running with a relay back to your base making use of the terrain for cover while sprinting with mobility enhance for example which would last for a long time)

The JAW was a good tool for flushing enemies out of a crash zone. Now it's just an overglorified firework.

Extended magazine lent it's hand to any gametype and loadout that gave you extra headroom in very tight situations so you wouldn't have to sit and reload while risking getting picked off.

And if you played well enough and collected your dog tags at the risk of getting shot, you were given the privilege of Max Nanosuit which , again, benefits you and your team. Giving you the extra headroom for taking damage , ergo giving you the chance to shove it to the opposing team and getting the win.

JUST FYI I'm ranked 682/300,000 in Skill kills alone and have over 7200 kills. Only about 4/500 of which is from using the marshall and jackal combined. I use all weapons in different situations/gametypes/maps.
And anyone with a brain can realize they could've used the same exact tools and management of suit energy to achieve anything that i've ever done. Which is far from cheap, almost nothing in Crysis 2 is cheap.
Nearly everything had a counter balance.

ALSO ENERGY TRANSFER IS STILL BROKEN.
Irmacuba

Post » Thu Sep 25, 2008 7:08 pm

well tbh vosse u were using cheap tactics, now atleast u might get some skills

Cleon , i have played against vosse many times and he is far from cheap, great accuracy, areal awarness doesnt matter what he uses "ive seen him with feline, marchall, jackal"... well rounded player all around and to add to that he doesnt play this game 8 hrs a day which makes it even more respectable.

The buffs and nerfs are in place in my oppinion the only few i think are a bit strange is LTag buff, and we will ve to see if the kvolt is just right or too much.
rheanna bruining

Post » Fri Sep 26, 2008 12:57 am

first off....vosse has much skills ...its you that svcks...stop crying and play the game....
Russell Davies

Post » Thu Sep 25, 2008 10:01 pm

Further Anti-Cheat Improvements.

Just what does that mean?

The cheaters are ruining crysis 2 almost as much as the xp not holding is!

What DOES IT MEAN. I mean.....forget about punk buster...that software is old and antiquated. How about you develop something meaningful......LIKE

1. If you get caught cheating.....game banned. No more Crysis 2 multi-player for you.

PERIOD END OF STORY. If you hack the game you're gone. Every other "GAME" in the history of man-kind does not tolerate cheaters. Why should we. Kick em PERMANENTLY ! No just plain old kicking.

If the system detects a hack / cheat / boost - GONE. Your crysis 2 multi-player privileges are revoked FOR EVER.

Come on crytek - grow a pair for the true gamers out there.
Jesus Sanchez

Post » Thu Sep 25, 2008 11:53 am

What the HECK! Over two months, five patches and not a SINGLE ISSUE in Assualt Mode has been fixed...

Why?

=O(
Rex Help

Post » Thu Sep 25, 2008 9:07 pm

Yeah, people complains,...i have one too

I STILL CAN'T MAKE THE REDEEM CODE WORK.

I pre-order the game...and still nothing about it...

someboy?

Open gamesas site from in-game under the redeem tab, once on the site, sign in THEN do this >>

Right click on the big window where it says enter your redeem code, select 'this frame', then select 'show only this frame', THEN enter your code.

Totally worked for me!!, thanks a lot for your help.
PS: For other people, this must be doing on Firefox, i set firefox for default, theres is the option that @SLI-756 say. Thx again.
Gemma Flanagan

Post » Thu Sep 25, 2008 5:57 pm

Just going to point this out to Crytek but I doubt they'll ever see the comment: nerfing useful modules doesn't make the svcky ones suddenly useful.
Ezekiel Macallister

Post » Thu Sep 25, 2008 12:15 pm

DX11 ASS HOOOLS
Lexy Corpsey

Post » Thu Sep 25, 2008 10:18 pm

What DOES IT MEAN. I mean.....forget about punk buster...that software is old and antiquated. How about you develop something meaningful......LIKE

1. If you get caught cheating.....game banned. No more Crysis 2 multi-player for you.

PERIOD END OF STORY. If you hack the game you're gone. Every other "GAME" in the history of man-kind does not tolerate cheaters. Why should we. Kick em PERMANENTLY ! No just plain old kicking.

If the system detects a hack / cheat / boost - GONE. Your crysis 2 multi-player privileges are revoked FOR EVER.

There is just 1 problem with human controlled kicking.. If someone is just too good but hes not hacking, nothing will be there to stop people from kicking the guy :P, plus, if you kick someone permanently. Youre wasting his 60 $
Adam

Post » Fri Sep 26, 2008 12:38 am

There is just 1 problem with human controlled kicking.. If someone is just too good but hes not hacking, nothing will be there to stop people from kicking the guy :P, plus, if you kick someone permanently. Youre wasting his 60 $

One more thing, Usually the people who seem to be hacking are just laggy, like i was called a hacker once for firing while cloacked But i looked at my ping and it was 700. i dont want to get banned permanently because of missing data packets :P
keri seymour

Post » Thu Sep 25, 2008 8:49 pm

Those tweeks are so small, I'm guessing that few will notice it.
My ass.

I almost exclusively use Extended Magazine, Mobility Enhance and the JAW.

And I get Max Nanosuit a lot as well as aiming for the head a lot.

1.4 was already bad enough with how they nerfed the Scarab among other things.

ALSO
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vbw8fq870dA

Crytek, WTF IS THIS?
Seriously, this just started happening randomly during a match. I couldn't move or anything!
And my ping was far from high.

Wasnt thoose nerfs only for the console players. There where no tweak list released for this section even If i asked for it.

Yeah, people complains,...i have one too

I STILL CAN'T MAKE THE REDEEM CODE WORK.

I pre-order the game...and still nothing about it...

someboy?

That will never work proparly..
Im rank 50 and I dont care for it anymore.
I was able to make the redeem code work
Katie Pollard

Post » Thu Sep 25, 2008 8:45 pm

I guess I will rent a server since I payed the 10 dollars for the new maps... and no one is hosting them ffs.

Other than that, I like what you guys are doing. Thanks.
Tha King o Geekz

Post » Fri Sep 26, 2008 1:58 am

I guess I will rent a server since I payed the 10 dollars for the new maps... and no one is hosting them ffs.

Other than that, I like what you guys are doing. Thanks.

You could've waited for the mod tools. But yeah, mod tools' like 2 months away. Hope we can make maps for MP too, not only SP.

And great list of changes. Just like the Patch 1.2 for Crysis. ;)
Kat Stewart

Post » Thu Sep 25, 2008 1:04 pm

Wait where is the random disconnection solution???? Is it a fix for the servers?

Edit: Oh yeah thnx for the patch.
Jake Easom

Post » Thu Sep 25, 2008 4:55 pm

Thanks for the advanced settings and SSAO optimizations.
Mike Plumley

PreviousNext

Return to Crysis