PC Patch Preview

Post » Thu Sep 25, 2008 2:07 pm

Say that they over nerf Mobility Enhance, players will just move to another perk. You can't really balance the perks, no matter how hard you try. My best guess is the next most used module will be either Retriever or Aim Enhance. No matter how much they nerf X perk, another one will be the one everyone use.
Emily Rose

Post » Thu Sep 25, 2008 10:51 pm

Say that they over nerf Mobility Enhance, players will just move to another perk. You can't really balance the perks, no matter how hard you try. My best guess is the next most used module will be either Retriever or Aim Enhance. No matter how much they nerf X perk, another one will be the one everyone use.
Weapon pro for stealth.
Tasha Clifford

Post » Thu Sep 25, 2008 7:43 pm

hi,, whe need remove symbol in nickname, hackers with aimbot, and infinity energy are usin some symbol u cant type, like this ` this open console, and some hackers use it, and us cant type it in console bc close console, plzz remove this symbol, and others, permite only letters and numbers.
thanks.
louise fortin

Post » Thu Sep 25, 2008 10:56 pm

Thank you. I know I have been less than courteous in my posts regarding the somewhat akward vote kick system that was previously implemented. I am very glad you guys took some of the suggestions the community put forward and added the f1 optimization. this will make a world of difference.

again, thanks.
Claire Mclaughlin

Post » Fri Sep 26, 2008 1:43 am

**Warning--Foul language and a ton of complaining ahead**

? - Mobility Enhance has reduced effectiveness

Uggh! Ok...maybe it won't be as bad as I expect....
...at LEAST fix it so we don't WALK when switching to grenades!!!!!!!
It's the most annoying thing.........EVER!!!!! (other than all of these exclamation points)

There is NO logical point to making me WALK when switching to a grenade. None. You never see it in other games...because it has NO POINT!
While i'm at it.......WHY am I forced to SLOW DOWN (ie: change from run to walk) when a bullet hits me???!!!
Isn't the general idea of RUNNING used to get OUT of the line of fire???!
Why is the player forced to SLOW DOWN TO A CRAWL as they round a corner simply because they got winged.
All this does is allow the other person to unload on you. Again, there is no logic behind this! All it does is choke the gameplay!

Tonight, on a server, I had BOTH of my mouse buttons stop working....along with the key I use for VISOR, MELEE and WEAPON SWITCH. Totally random bug.....killed the whole match for me. I was forced to stand there and be raqed. Once the map switched - it was fixed.

The Orbital Strike on Skyline still LAGS everything to hell...how about fixing that too.

Why is there no mention of FIXING THE BROKEN KILL CAMS?? If you are NOT able to fix them in a quick manner (and you've proved that you are unable to) THEN REMOVE THEM! If I was responsible for working on the Kill Cams for this game...I would feel ASHAMED of myself knowing that the public (and the press) is seeing the garbage that I see.

"Ooh Hi Billybob...check out this new game I have...Crysis 2..."

Billybob: "Ooh...he shot you....woah...did you see that? On the kill cam...he didn't even shoot...Ohh wow...It did it again...that time it didn't even show the two shotgun rounds you blasted to his face...he just punched the air next to you..and you died...."

Yeah....that makes people really wanna show off their "skills" with broken-ass Kill Cams....

....still waiting for the chat system to be implemented. (Notice I didn't say FIXED?!?) There pretty much is NO chat system! Getting a MSG out is like trying to send a text message while scratching your balls and driving your car at the same time. If you somehow have the ungodly coordination to pull it off (without dying) ....chances are no one will read it. If they MISS what you said....it just disappears with no way to see it. Wanna talk in a lobby before a match?? Well you better organize your thoughts in the blink of an eye because you give us like 15 seconds to type ****....while we just hope others see it in time and click the CHAT tab. (A separate tab for chat?? What were you thinking??)

There is a tiny glimmer of hope here...because it seems you acknowledge that THE MATCHES ARE TOO DAMN SHORT! They STILL need to be LONGER in my opinion! The way they are now.....the load times are NOT justified. By the time you find ANY sort of rhythm - it's over. (combined with the time spent trying to even find a worthy server!) Ever wait at the load screen when joining a server....only to pop in the game for .002 seconds and have it SWITCH to the next map??! Fun...ain't it?? So much for squeezing in a quick game before work....right? Now you'll be LATE for work...and probably have a full beard and grandchildren at this point!!

...and there is STILL no option to auto-switch BACK to live rounds AFTER you deploy a hologram. At least give us the option...because there is no way i'm going to use it anymore if you force me to hit the button a SECOND time.....all too often I actually HIT the button uber fast....only to have it NOT register in-game....so I shoot a hologram at the enemy...instead of a god damn bullet! While i'm on this topic....are we EVER going to be able to map primary and secondary weapons to their own separate keys?? Who's bright idea was to simply make a "universal weapon switch button"?? Whoever THAT was...I hope they're fired. It was probably the same guy who developed the crippled key mapping options for SLIDE!

"Oooh..there is a guy coming behind me...i'm running at full speed...I will slide this last few feet and get behind cover...ooops...nope....the game made me just crouch like a douche-bag....ooh..I'll just stand up and run around the corner to safety...ooh...wait...1 bullet it me...so it made me WALK again...yep.....now the formerly cloaked, full-auto pvssy unloads a clip IN MY BACK!" GOOOOD TIMES!!

Maybe one day you'll even take the time to fix things like those awful windows on Wall Street....where you can't jump toward them to get through...you just bounce off the building like a bird on a clean doorwall. You know...the sloped ones at ground level? Yeah...those...there are about a hundred other parts on various maps that either get you stuck, make you float....or leave you jumping like a monkey multiple times because of some weird ledge detection. (or lack there of...)

If you can't tell already....I have morphed into a big, unhappy cry-baby about this game. I (like many of you) actually PAID for this game expecting great things.....and all i've felt so far is a SMALL taste of greatness! I want SOO badly for ALL of the issues to get fixed....and I AM going to stick it out and keep playing....because i'm hooked! But I simply don't know how much more I can take....I may seriously have to just stop for a few months...and come back....Maybe things will be different. Maybe things will change.....

It's 2011...and some people actually built bleeding edge PC's to play this PORT..(wow...imagine what a cry baby I would be if I was one of THOSE people)....but yeah..its 2011.....there is no excuse for SPAWN RAPING in a FPS game anymore. Don't try and break new ground....when you can't handle the fundamentals! (Such as security, reliable server browser, in-game communication and spawn protection) I'm ALMOST better off playing DOOM II in full 1080 OpenGL with SkullTag. I won't have a ****' nanosuit but at least the "meat and potatoes" are all there!!
jaideep singh

Post » Thu Sep 25, 2008 12:59 pm

**Warning--Foul language and a ton of complaining ahead**

? - Mobility Enhance has reduced effectiveness

Uggh! Ok...maybe it won't be as bad as I expect....
...at LEAST fix it so we don't WALK when switching to grenades!!!!!!!
It's the most annoying thing.........EVER!!!!! (other than all of these exclamation points)

There is NO logical point to making me WALK when switching to a grenade. None. You never see it in other games...because it has NO POINT!
While i'm at it.......WHY am I forced to SLOW DOWN (ie: change from run to walk) when a bullet hits me???!!!
Isn't the general idea of RUNNING used to get OUT of the line of fire???!
Why is the player forced to SLOW DOWN TO A CRAWL as they round a corner simply because they got winged.
All this does is allow the other person to unload on you. Again, there is no logic behind this! All it does is choke the gameplay!

Tonight, on a server, I had BOTH of my mouse buttons stop working....along with the key I use for VISOR, MELEE and WEAPON SWITCH. Totally random bug.....killed the whole match for me. I was forced to stand there and be raqed. Once the map switched - it was fixed.

The Orbital Strike on Skyline still LAGS everything to hell...how about fixing that too.

Why is there no mention of FIXING THE BROKEN KILL CAMS?? If you are NOT able to fix them in a quick manner (and you've proved that you are unable to) THEN REMOVE THEM! If I was responsible for working on the Kill Cams for this game...I would feel ASHAMED of myself knowing that the public (and the press) is seeing the garbage that I see.

"Ooh Hi Billybob...check out this new game I have...Crysis 2..."

Billybob: "Ooh...he shot you....woah...did you see that? On the kill cam...he didn't even shoot...Ohh wow...It did it again...that time it didn't even show the two shotgun rounds you blasted to his face...he just punched the air next to you..and you died...."

Yeah....that makes people really wanna show off their "skills" with broken-ass Kill Cams....

....still waiting for the chat system to be implemented. (Notice I didn't say FIXED?!?) There pretty much is NO chat system! Getting a MSG out is like trying to send a text message while scratching your balls and driving your car at the same time. If you somehow have the ungodly coordination to pull it off (without dying) ....chances are no one will read it. If they MISS what you said....it just disappears with no way to see it. Wanna talk in a lobby before a match?? Well you better organize your thoughts in the blink of an eye because you give us like 15 seconds to type ****....while we just hope others see it in time and click the CHAT tab. (A separate tab for chat?? What were you thinking??)

There is a tiny glimmer of hope here...because it seems you acknowledge that THE MATCHES ARE TOO DAMN SHORT! They STILL need to be LONGER in my opinion! The way they are now.....the load times are NOT justified. By the time you find ANY sort of rhythm - it's over. (combined with the time spent trying to even find a worthy server!) Ever wait at the load screen when joining a server....only to pop in the game for .002 seconds and have it SWITCH to the next map??! Fun...ain't it?? So much for squeezing in a quick game before work....right? Now you'll be LATE for work...and probably have a full beard and grandchildren at this point!!

...and there is STILL no option to auto-switch BACK to live rounds AFTER you deploy a hologram. At least give us the option...because there is no way i'm going to use it anymore if you force me to hit the button a SECOND time.....all too often I actually HIT the button uber fast....only to have it NOT register in-game....so I shoot a hologram at the enemy...instead of a god damn bullet! While i'm on this topic....are we EVER going to be able to map primary and secondary weapons to their own separate keys?? Who's bright idea was to simply make a "universal weapon switch button"?? Whoever THAT was...I hope they're fired. It was probably the same guy who developed the crippled key mapping options for SLIDE!

"Oooh..there is a guy coming behind me...i'm running at full speed...I will slide this last few feet and get behind cover...ooops...nope....the game made me just crouch like a douche-bag....ooh..I'll just stand up and run around the corner to safety...ooh...wait...1 bullet it me...so it made me WALK again...yep.....now the formerly cloaked, full-auto pvssy unloads a clip IN MY BACK!" GOOOOD TIMES!!

Maybe one day you'll even take the time to fix things like those awful windows on Wall Street....where you can't jump toward them to get through...you just bounce off the building like a bird on a clean doorwall. You know...the sloped ones at ground level? Yeah...those...there are about a hundred other parts on various maps that either get you stuck, make you float....or leave you jumping like a monkey multiple times because of some weird ledge detection. (or lack there of...)

If you can't tell already....I have morphed into a big, unhappy cry-baby about this game. I (like many of you) actually PAID for this game expecting great things.....and all i've felt so far is a SMALL taste of greatness! I want SOO badly for ALL of the issues to get fixed....and I AM going to stick it out and keep playing....because i'm hooked! But I simply don't know how much more I can take....I may seriously have to just stop for a few months...and come back....Maybe things will be different. Maybe things will change.....

It's 2011...and some people actually built bleeding edge PC's to play this PORT..(wow...imagine what a cry baby I would be if I was one of THOSE people)....but yeah..its 2011.....there is no excuse for SPAWN RAPING in a FPS game anymore. Don't try and break new ground....when you can't handle the fundamentals! (Such as security, reliable server browser, in-game communication and spawn protection) I'm ALMOST better off playing DOOM II in full 1080 OpenGL with SkullTag. I won't have a ****' nanosuit but at least the "meat and potatoes" are all there!!give this guy a gold star!

+1 on everything! i hardly even use slide because i had to change the crouch key to where it is in almost every other fps and sprinting and crouching is impossible because of this.
Blackdrak

Post » Thu Sep 25, 2008 11:17 am

I hope You will include the reload "bug" or maybe lag and the Retriever Module which Resets to 0 everytime i Logout (The Retriever is just for me though not yet confirmed)
Michael Russ

Post » Thu Sep 25, 2008 10:11 pm

crytek plz fix the 3 medals not unlockable foot fetish, there is no spoon and marathon man!
Chloe Lou

Post » Thu Sep 25, 2008 10:13 pm

*snip*I agree with the problems you present, particularly the movement and slide penalty when being shot at and the City Hall windows (Nice anology with the birds against windows!). You should at least be able to move freely when you're in armour mode, in regards to sprinting. Tactical retreats are a fully acceptable form of combat, since you can try to lure chasers into a trap, but not if you can't get around the corner to safety!

It also makes sliding as a tactical move very unreliable, since you'd need to be already sliding by the time you're being shot at, and you can't slide unless you're running or sprinting. I know we're not sporting the latest nanosuit model but come on!
Michelle Serenity Boss

Post » Thu Sep 25, 2008 1:00 pm

It also makes sliding as a tactical move very unreliable, since you'd need to be already sliding by the time you're being shot at, and you can't slide unless you're running or sprinting. I know we're not sporting the latest nanosuit model but come on!

Very true also I find that sliding or even crouching increases the chance of being shot in the head, as the only reaction the enemy needs and does do, is lowering their gun slightly which nets a perfect head shot, this is not a problem of the game I think but it does make evading through sliding/crouching pretty useless most of the time.
Sheila Esmailka

Post » Thu Sep 25, 2008 9:03 pm

Very true also I find that sliding or even crouching increases the chance of being shot in the head, as the only reaction the enemy needs and does do, is lowering their gun slightly which nets a perfect head shot, this is not a problem of the game I think but it does make evading through sliding/crouching pretty useless most of the time.Doubly worse, when you do crouch, the average player will be aiming for your chest for the easiest target to shoot at. And guess which place your head moves when you crouch.

It's almost like a death wish.
Sakura Haruno

Post » Thu Sep 25, 2008 2:38 pm

Very true also I find that sliding or even crouching increases the chance of being shot in the head, as the only reaction the enemy needs and does do, is lowering their gun slightly which nets a perfect head shot, this is not a problem of the game I think but it does make evading through sliding/crouching pretty useless most of the time.Doubly worse, when you do crouch, the average player will be aiming for your chest for the easiest target to shoot at. And guess which place your head moves when you crouch.

It's almost like a death wish.

And this is why drop shot doesn't work in non prone FPS. Dear God why does BF3 have prone... dolphin dives here we come.
Sarah Evason

Post » Thu Sep 25, 2008 8:17 pm

Very true also I find that sliding or even crouching increases the chance of being shot in the head, as the only reaction the enemy needs and does do, is lowering their gun slightly which nets a perfect head shot, this is not a problem of the game I think but it does make evading through sliding/crouching pretty useless most of the time.

Please notice how I said, lowering their gun, I meant semi-good players that do actually aim for your head. You usually don't have to "evade" an average player; evading the shots of a good player for less than a second is vital in many cases.
Chica Cheve

Post » Thu Sep 25, 2008 10:55 pm

Sorry for being lazy and not reading 24 pages of this, I'd like just one information [dunno if it has already been asked]:
are advanced graphics options going to be implemented for multiplayer too? Or is it just campaign tweaking?

Thanks in advance, nice job with the patch but still looking forward for DX11 ;)
louise tagg

Post » Thu Sep 25, 2008 3:44 pm

thank you we are waiting
Rachel Cafferty

Post » Thu Sep 25, 2008 4:59 pm

I think the guass rifle should be made stronger but slower so we have a one shot kill sniper rife
Lou

Post » Thu Sep 25, 2008 7:54 pm

I wonder if this patch will fix that "Cannot find network connectivity" issue where you can't even sign into multiplayer, though the first post does not mention about it.
Charleigh Anderson

Post » Fri Sep 26, 2008 2:03 am

Will this fix the connection to host failed issue? The existing fixes don't work for me.
Vicky Keeler

Post » Thu Sep 25, 2008 11:59 am

FEAR THE K-VOLT!!!
Claudz

Post » Thu Sep 25, 2008 12:35 pm

FEAR THE K-VOLT!!!

Yes FEAR IT.... finally my ZAP set up is viable :)
SWagg KId

Post » Thu Sep 25, 2008 9:05 pm

karde?im ekran kartlar? konusunda bi?ey yap?n biz oynarken hilekarlar? hallederiz ekran kart?m?z oyunu oynamaya zar zor yetiyo kas?yo ?ncelikle buna bir ??züm bulun oakdar orjinal ald?k ki ?ok oyunculu tak?lal?m diye gel g?rki tak?l?p duruyo
Cash n Class

Post » Thu Sep 25, 2008 10:25 pm

why would you
Stephanie Valentine

Post » Fri Sep 26, 2008 2:26 am

you now what it will be good to , when you finish the match in mp automaticly update the game in that case you dont loose time get it out and then get it in again in the same server unfortunatly i have to doit frecuently becose the inestability of the game , how meny times you lost points or dogtags or enithing, example the server go down or simply the server put you out **** like that you name it is there.
well i hope they include this in the new patch.
Ashley Clifft

Post » Thu Sep 25, 2008 6:04 pm

Thanks very much!
Syaza Ramali

Post » Thu Sep 25, 2008 11:51 pm

wow longer combat.. just hope that the servers won't simply disconnect players!
Anna Watts

PreviousNext

Return to Crysis