People should be grateful

Post » Thu Nov 26, 2015 3:49 am

I forgot that. I wonder why they make buildings inaccessible in the Fallout games but not in TES.

josie treuberg

Post » Thu Nov 26, 2015 2:51 pm

The "so called Downgrade" happened, even the devs said so, at this point acting like its a conspyracy therory makes you look silly and really devoted fan (WTH, is the f*a*n boy word moderated here?)

Anthony Diaz

Post » Thu Nov 26, 2015 8:36 am

We should speak the truth and the truth is CdProjektRed LIED, period, no one gets a free pass.

Kerri Lee

Post » Thu Nov 26, 2015 9:52 am

How did they lie? And how does that compare to Fallout 4?
Roberto Gaeta

Post » Thu Nov 26, 2015 9:03 am

Fallout 4 as today hasnt released more videos that we saw now, people think its made with the ingame engine for many reasons yet it dosent say its ingame footage, we dotn have anything to compare.

Cdprojekt lied because they basically presented us with "in game" footage that looked really good, then i believe in 2014 they released a 35 minutes gameplay where everything looks real great, a bit downgraded from the previous "in game footages" THEN we got a downgraded version of the already downgraded version, people is not stupid, they noticed immediately, made screenshots and video comparisons which CdProjekt was taking down because they went full damage control and lying about "no downgrade" they said it litteraly, in their forums a developer said that the graphics we saw in the first trailers could be achieved in game, which again is a lie, they did all this and censored in their forums any questions regarding the issue, banned accounts and stuff.

Now when the game released, like 2 weeks later or something they officialy said that there was in fact a downgrade for console parity bassically, so they bassically lied so people wouldnt cancel their preorders and stuff.

I dont care how good The Witcher 3 game is, i dont give a ****** about anything only the fact that they acted like this and it should be something the gamming community shouldnt allow, no free passes.

Rachel Eloise Getoutofmyface

Post » Thu Nov 26, 2015 6:40 am

My understanding is that for actual gameplay, the AI's generally seem to act like this:

• https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V26jNsPlO90
  • https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UXJX-tnuZ0c
Marnesia Steele

Post » Thu Nov 26, 2015 10:01 am

Ah ok I stayed away from too much witcher stuff. I knew about the downgrade. I took it as they shows too early before the world was made. A silly mistake.

Bethesda showed gameplay. You can tell in those shots of camera panning and NPCs walking. The difference is Beth waited until the game was already well made. I know that because that's what they do.

Bethesda learned from their mistake with Oblivion. They showed stuff too early that had to be changed or taken out when they completed more of the game.
Skrapp Stephens

Post » Thu Nov 26, 2015 8:43 am

Looks like a great game from what I can see so far. XD

Mason Nevitt

Post » Thu Nov 26, 2015 6:51 pm

Yes and we should be grateful of their approach, its an honest move, something you dont see in this industry anymore.

Bethany Watkin

Post » Thu Nov 26, 2015 5:39 am

That's why he said "trying to sell me".

As to the OP, no. We should not be grateful. Bethesda is a game studio who's trying to sell a game. Giving us details about it to entice us to play it is a given. It is something they 'have to do'. They are no generous or anything for doing what they should be doing. It's simple marketing. And if what they're trying to entice us with is flawed we should point out said flaws as Bethesda might listen to them and improve the final product.

Criticism is good. And IMO negative criticism is even better.

For some people graphics does matter and they should voice their criticism of a triple-a studio trying to peddle their game with sub-par graphics. Personally I don't care so much about the graphics. If Fallout 4 looked like Deus Ex I wouldn't mind it so long as the writing and gameplay are on point for a Fallout game.

Terry

Post » Thu Nov 26, 2015 1:42 pm

Graphics are super duper important.

Gameplay is essetially a sequence of meaningful choices and to make a meaningful choices you need information. To this date graphics have been the best way to convey information.

Story on the other hand ridiculously overrated.

gameplay>graphics>>>>>>>>>>>>boob physics>ass physics>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>story.

Rudy Paint fingers

Post » Thu Nov 26, 2015 10:12 am

Always a possibility. Another one would be

They didn't want to show PC graphics at Ultra settings for reasons that have been demonstrated by other gaming companies.

Danel

Post » Thu Nov 26, 2015 6:45 pm

Good point and extremely likely after recent events with another big game.
Veronica Martinez

Post » Thu Nov 26, 2015 5:06 pm

yes, people should be grateful bethesda is being truthful and brave instead of brazenly lying to us. this alone shields them from criticism. talk about battered wife syndrome.

saharen beauty

Post » Thu Nov 26, 2015 5:11 am

I would prefer Beth to under hype with the graphics and over deliver or deliver as presented. It avoids the whole graphics debacle like we saw with Watchdogs and The Witcher 3.

That said, the graphics look good. And we don't know much until they present their 30-min demo this 14th at E3

Sabrina Schwarz

Post » Thu Nov 26, 2015 4:34 am

I wonder how many have played a Bethesda game before. Bethesda games have never been about it's graphics.

evelina c

Post » Thu Nov 26, 2015 5:38 pm

Hm, I complain when people complain about the game, and here I am about to complain about people who are grateful about the game. I'm a bit of narcissist aren't I?

Nah let me explain. Bethesda Softworks is a company. If they're showing us a cinematic trailer revealing graphics and gameplay, should we be grateful? No, their marketing team told them that's the best way to make money and too often do we forget video game designers do not work for our entertainment they work for our money. I don't think we can really complain about that either (without getting into a general politics argument). Bethesda is, above all else, a company looking for the wealth to feed their employees. They are not modders that just want to make us happy (at least not the company itself, I'm sure there are some developers who have that goal). I don't think we should be grateful to them for marketing this game and trying to convince us to buy it. It's like being grateful when a telemarketer comes to your door and tries to sell you stuff you don't need.

That being said, I do like seeing this thread because all people do is focus on one thing they don't like about the game and complain about it on every thread they see. Pick one feature you hate most about the new fallout game. Ask yourself, is this really worth canceling your preorder over? Is it really going to change the game so drastically you cannot enjoy a minute of it? Of course not. Voiced protagonist? Oh well you might not enjoy the dialogue but this is beth game you have other things to enjoy. Colorful scheme? Unless it messes with your head and gives you a headache I'm sure you'll get used to it. If not, get it on PC and mod the crap out of it. Or put a plastic shield on your tv screen that makes everything darker. Or change your TV settings. Live with it. What about the dog animation!? Who cares, most dogs will be enemies and you'll be shooting at it you won't be anolyzing every detail regarding the way it runs.

Most of all, so little has been confirmed so complaining about the game is unreasonable. You can express your worries but please stop making "end of the world" threads. No feature you don't like is going to cause the earth to spiral out of control and plummet towards the sun. Odds are, if you really liked fallout 3 and every change they're making frustrates you, you should still be able to enjoy fallout 4. On the other hand, if it is then you probably didn't like fallout 3 much to begin with and you shouldn't really care about what they do with their game.

EDIT: Also some have said they appreciate bethesda being honest...uh the games not out yet and we have one trailer. Of course the one trailer isn't going to contradict with itself.

Neko Jenny

Post » Thu Nov 26, 2015 11:23 am

Tbh it looks more like Rage than fallout 3 for me, maybe because of the colour palette and ofc market mutants (seriously are they supposed to be ghouls)

Adriana Lenzo

Post » Thu Nov 26, 2015 1:42 pm

I'm wary of any dev company now but seriously there was nothing wrong with the trailer if you looked at it uncompressed, I.E. not on youtube.

laila hassan

Post » Thu Nov 26, 2015 9:14 am

I've watched it on Twitch, does that count :turtle:

le GraiN

Post » Thu Nov 26, 2015 7:39 am

I didn't have a problem with it on YouTube.
Danielle Brown

Post » Thu Nov 26, 2015 4:15 pm

Neither did I but it looks far better in an uncompressed format :D

Ownie Zuliana

Post » Thu Nov 26, 2015 4:55 pm

It's looks better uncompressed but the Ghouls still kinda looked like Draugr from Skyrim.

Nauty

Post » Thu Nov 26, 2015 6:13 am

It's because Fallout 4 is going to be Skyrim with guns. Bethesda games are all very similar in terms of mechanics and in the Fallout games(less so in TES for whatever reason) assets are reused or only slightly changed.

Rudi Carter

Post » Thu Nov 26, 2015 8:13 am

Yeah the gfx/animations are actually pretty bad even for Bethesda relative release standards.

Oh well, I hpoe th game makes up for it.....Wait...Voiced Protagonist? Maybe not :(

renee Duhamel

PreviousNext

Return to Fallout 4