Has Bethesda taken too much flack?

Post » Wed Aug 27, 2008 12:55 pm

Bethesda doesn't get enough flak. They forced Obsidian to use one of the most buggy, outdated game engines in existence today.

It's literally beyond the scope of Gamebryo's technology to implement something as simple as climbing a ladder, so instead it just teleports players to another position using a ladder model with an activator assigned to it. This has been confirmed by devs.

I cannot stress this point enough: Gamebryo does not even posess Donkey Kong technology.
Dean Ashcroft

Post » Wed Aug 27, 2008 11:18 am

fnew vegas is a good game with lots of improvements over FO3, especially the trait/skill/perk system, the biggest problems however are not the bugs, for the most part the game runs pretty good for me on the 360, other than a couple complaints like when you're crouching sometimes the weapon blocks your view completely, but even thats not the biggest problem with the game to me, which are, a lack of combat, there just isn't enough human type enemies to fight, there should be more ceasers legion and ncr patrols on the map, also there aren't a lot of good dungeon type battles, fallout 3 had lots of battle areas, the capitol building inside and out, the roosovelt academy, chryslus building, and lots more obviously, now some of this can be fixed in a future dlc to some degree, otherwise its gonna be kinda known for an obvious lack of combat and lack of enemies to deal with, but the skill/perk/trait system is superior to FO3 and the story is a lot better i think, it did deliver in a lot of areas, more quests more npc's just more in a lot of areas, i would of like a few more supermutants on the map, not a lot more but a couple more battle areas, it only has i think 3 areas total where supermutants are and there's tons of areas with cazadores, i like enemies firing bullets etc at me, i don't want all the nemies to be melee fighters, all the wild animals creatures etc are basically melee, which is ok but from a distance i want to feel under a threat more often, in fallout 3 the enclave were prety tough from far away and they were fun to fight, they could of made ceasers legion more like that.
i grind hard

Post » Wed Aug 27, 2008 10:25 am

Let me ask you this; How many guns, rifles, grenades, missle launchers, or laser/pulse weapons have/would you step in front of? I was using the zoom on a sniper rifle when an NPC child walked in front of it and said "I can see all the way down the barrel." Kinda defines poor taste.

Just as bad in just the gaming sense is the companions walk into your direct line of fire all the time. Again, not a thing anyone would do. Not before writing a suicide note.

Remind me why companions are a good thing in this game. Better still, here is the basic companion characteristics;

disobedient
have a constant death wish
interfering (always blocking the your path but, you can pass through a bush and sometimes solid rock though you fall to your death or simply get stuck)
always starting trouble
have unique story arcs (only redeeming quality)

Its bad Ai programming, no way around saying it. We need a companion that will obey, no collision set, and can take on the arcs of the regular companions using a trigger (perhaps an option at the original relative companion location) and that would be the beginning of a fix for the companion issues.

Again, I say Bethesda/Obsidian have great ideas for the game but, they are terrible at implementing them. They should find someone else to do the heavy lifting.

Glad I'm not having these issues (other than "always starting trouble"). Then again, I don't like using companions anyway so my give a f**k is out of order. :P
Noely Ulloa

Post » Wed Aug 27, 2008 1:56 pm

AI Disorder?, yeah kinda agree, but not so much,
Chris Johnston

Previous

Return to Fallout: New Vegas