Has Bethesda taken too much flack?

Post » Wed Aug 27, 2008 1:08 am

Let's not forget that some people need to upgrade their Captain Caveman PCs. :brokencomputer:

Not to mention having proper drivers, being clean of viruses/malware, turning off their pr0n torrents... ;)

There are also xbox and ps3 users but I think that they've either had their console for a long time and it's starting to slow down or they've mistreated their console by dropping it once or twice on accident or something.
Latino HeaT

Post » Wed Aug 27, 2008 10:30 am

Ah.
Well then.
Here's how you should've written it: "For some people it is broken because of constant freezing." :goodjob:

way to show your support for the gaming community there..one for one and all for self or whatever..
chinadoll

Post » Wed Aug 27, 2008 1:20 pm

way to show your support for the gaming community there..one for one and all for self or whatever..

I wasn't aware that disagreeing with hyperbole was "not supporting the community"... :violin:
Daniel Lozano

Post » Wed Aug 27, 2008 1:16 pm

Eh?
Yes?

No?
Wait what?
Sanctum

Post » Wed Aug 27, 2008 5:37 am

No they haven't. I have had no apology, so they obviously need to take more flak until the get that they pissed off alot fo their customer base.

But jesus , does no one want to blame obsidian? Or is that sacrilege around here as they made a game you liked once? DERP DERP DERP.

Seriously though, look at who made this, blame them. Yes its also beths and zeni's fault for releasing a dodgy product.(once obs have made it and passed it to them as a finished product, you know when their deadlines had probaly hit.) But ultimately obs made the damn game, wrote the broken scripts added in the broken features, broke stuff that worked in fo3.
So really I blame them.

Cue flaming, trolls!
Stacey Mason

Post » Wed Aug 27, 2008 10:42 am

No they haven't. I have had no apology, so they obviously need to take more flak until the get that they pissed off alot fo their customer base.

But jesus , does no one want to blame obsidian? Or is that sacrilege around here as they made a game you liked once? DERP DERP DERP.

Seriously though, look at who made this, blame them. Yes its also beths and zeni's fault for releasing a dodgy product.(once obs have made it and passed it to them as a finished product, you know when their deadlines had probaly hit.) But ultimately obs made the damn game, wrote the broken scripts added in the broken features, broke stuff that worked in fo3.
So really I blame them.

Cue flaming, trolls!

People blamed Obsidian enough, and trolls, do you really believe this trolling?, then how is it possible than none of the mods closes the post

broke stuff that worked in fo3.

Like what?
Dezzeh

Post » Wed Aug 27, 2008 7:09 am

So really I blame them.

Cue flaming, trolls!

If bethesda delayed the game a little then Obsidian would have more time to perfect the features and fix what was broken.
So no.
I won't blame Obsidian for this.
On the other hand there are some stupid design decisions, and on that front it's Obsidian that I will whine at.

Offtopic: Can anyone else see Dario Meza's avatar? I only see white outlines of a square box.
lillian luna

Post » Wed Aug 27, 2008 3:17 pm

in your opinion..

Who else's opinion is he going to post? :laugh:

There are also xbox and ps3 users but I think that they've either had their console for a long time and it's starting to slow down or they've mistreated their console by dropping it once or twice on accident or something.

If I could interject, I'm an XBOX user and my drive is about shot (my tech buddy up the street says it's the worst he's ever seen). I had zero game breaking bugs playing new vegas and few bugs of any kind worth mentioning.

Of course I actually clean my lasers every ten hours. The only game freeze I got was when I was overdue for a cleaning.

Justmyexperience.
Queen

Post » Wed Aug 27, 2008 1:44 pm

Who else's opinion is he going to post? :laugh:

That made me laugh...

On topic:

I'm not entirely sure what flak cannons (I'm going to start calling people that I think) are expecting. What is the purpose of railing against Bethesda or Obsidian? To get them to apologize? I thought the apology came in the form of the extensive patch they've been working on and released already.
Jynx Anthropic

Post » Wed Aug 27, 2008 6:11 am

if you guys want to blindly follow a company that clearly doesnt care about you, only your money then thats fine by me..but i wont do it..they have done nothing to garner my loyalty or appreciation.. :wink_smile:
sally coker

Post » Wed Aug 27, 2008 4:34 am

if you guys want to blindly follow a company that clearly doesnt care about you, only your money then thats fine by me..but i wont do it..they have done nothing to garner my loyalty or appreciation.. :wink_smile:

I doubt anyone here would blindly support any company anyway. I think the majority of those here that aren't foaming at the mouth for reparations from the developer and publisher of the game are just acknowledging that even though mistakes were made in the Quality Assurance department, there's little reason to flip out at them.
Olga Xx

Post » Wed Aug 27, 2008 12:35 pm

If you guys want to bash a company that has given us a game that has offered a good amount of entertainment for it's cost; then that is fine by me but I won't. They have done nothing to earn my ire.

I didn't pay them money to care about me, just deliver a game. They have no more "loyalty" than they deserve. I am not paying them to fight in the trenches for me.
Oceavision

Post » Wed Aug 27, 2008 8:50 am

If you want to talk about pissed off at a company... I bought a Voodoo 5 from 3DFX when it was released and shortly after the company declared bankruptcy and there was no driver support for any games released after that date..... the card was good, but without driver support I had buy another one and it was past the warranty date from the store.... that pissed me off. They screwed a LOT of people doing that. Sure, it made good business sense, but relying on 3d party driver updates was hell. Worst $300 I ever spent. :(

I hate that they released NV too early, but I will just wait until the GotY edition comes out next time. I guess it comes down to impulse control and delayed gratification, which teens have a lack of due to genetics and they can exploit it.
Dagan Wilkin

Post » Wed Aug 27, 2008 1:39 pm

If you guys want to bash a company that has given us a game that has offered a good amount of entertainment for it's cost; then that is fine by me but I won't. They have done nothing to earn my ire.

I didn't pay them money to care about me, just deliver a game. They have no more "loyalty" than they deserve. I am not paying them to fight in the trenches for me.

given? i wasnt given anything..i paid 85 bucks for the thing..and they knowingly delivered a broken unplayable game, yes only by some but how is some not too many? anyways i can see im talking to a brick wall here so..moving on..
Stephanie Nieves

Post » Wed Aug 27, 2008 5:41 am

given? i wasnt given anything..i paid 85 bucks for the thing..and they knowingly delivered a broken unplayable game, yes only by some but how is some not too many? anyways i can see im talking to a brick wall here so..moving on..

Stop being so pedantic. You understand the word "given" used in this context.
Nancy RIP

Post » Wed Aug 27, 2008 5:13 am

What is the purpose of railing against Bethesda or Obsidian? To get them to apologize?

No... it's to encourage them to do better next time, to relase the next TES/Fallout when it's ready rather than when it's due.
benjamin corsini

Post » Wed Aug 27, 2008 7:36 am

The game is brilliant and so was Fallout 3. Outside of these forums you'll rarely see people getting so angry about small bugs. It's been largely praised as a masterpiece and I think they can take a bit of flak
Rebecca Dosch

Post » Wed Aug 27, 2008 4:27 pm

... or they've mistreated their console by dropping it once or twice on accident or something.

My flatmate used to put his in the freezer. I say used to, because it doesn't go anymore from being put in the freezer.

Anyway, Bethesda has copped no flak. They've copped...Little pieces of foam blown over their feet by a sparrow's fart. Seriously, people moan and complain that oh, the'yre never buying games with Beth's name on them anymore and they're not doing this, that or the other. Empty threats and Bethesda knows it. My point is that Bethesda are the big guys at the top of the food chain, and those sorts of people can almost cop too much flak. You can be sure they'd be interested in working with Obsidian again if you look at the $$ New Vegas has brought in, regardless of how many people are on this forum screaming that they aren't going to spend any more money on a Bethesda title.
Cheryl Rice

Post » Wed Aug 27, 2008 10:26 am

The game is brilliant and so was Fallout 3. Outside of these forums you'll rarely see people getting so angry about small bugs. It's been largely praised as a masterpiece and I think they can take a bit of flak

I beg to differ, out of this forums a lot of people rant at the point of exagerate the complaints
Rebekah Rebekah Nicole

Post » Wed Aug 27, 2008 9:50 am

I admit both games have their faults. I know some people will say ___ did it better because of company loyalty, not game loyalty. Did Obsidian drop the ball in certain aspects?Oh yes. But all in all, I think people need to calm their nerves and just force themselves to relax. If everyone posted all the hate and anger they had on this forum, it'd be /v/, and one /v/ on the internet is enough. :laugh:
Damian Parsons

Post » Wed Aug 27, 2008 9:59 am

I'll start by saying both games had their share of bugs and I still enjoyed them immensely. As for if Bethesda has gotten any undeserved flack not really both Bethesda and Obsidian are responsible for the state of the game at release. Bethesda hired Obsidian to make a game they should have actually tested it and they would have found some very obvious bugs, at the same time Obsidian created the game and should have simply checked for bugs as they went. At least they bothered to patcg new vegas hopefully they will continue to update the title as needed.

Now for my little rant on bugs. You can't expect everything to work perfectly all of the time, and as Obsidian stated its very hard to test a game like new vegas for bugs. Thats not to say there were a few very obvious ones I find it hard to believe were missed. But for most people the game worked well enough and unfortunately that seems to have become the standard for the industry.
QuinDINGDONGcey

Post » Wed Aug 27, 2008 2:33 pm

Bethesda laid the foundation, which is responsible for many, if not most, of the bugs. The engine just svcks. Obsidian has nothing to do with that.

Sorry but I don't agree, FO3 didn't have this many bugs, so if Bethesda can make a stable game with the engine, other reputable companies should too.
STEVI INQUE

Post » Wed Aug 27, 2008 6:48 pm

By reading this topic I'm still surprised that some folks here haven't yet rallied in front of Bethesda and/or Obsidian HQ with stakes, torches & forks and threatened to burn these buildings and it's people inside...
Julia Schwalbe

Post » Wed Aug 27, 2008 9:46 am

Too much flack you ask? No, not at all. Fallout NV has all the issues of Fallout 3. Same engine, few to no noticable fixes. Possibly more in fact. Let me count the ways;

- Random dumping out the game to desktop, rather often.

Well in regard to this one, NV acts like everything Bethesda has released since Morrowind, which was CTDing me before TES was made...ah..."console-friendly." CTD seems to be on the "standard features" list at Bethesda. :shrug:
Lucky Girl

Post » Wed Aug 27, 2008 4:02 pm

Bethesda laid the foundation, which is responsible for many, if not most, of the bugs. The engine just svcks. Obsidian has nothing to do with that.

Yup, I believe it's the old Gamebyro engine that makes the gaming experience unpleasant. Now, why can't they use a new engine?! :facepalm:
Courtney Foren

PreviousNext

Return to Fallout: New Vegas