Sell me the khajiit.

Post » Mon Jun 11, 2012 8:58 pm

I think there was a mod that added secret entries to the 5 big cities. Might be handy.
ImmaTakeYour

Post » Tue Jun 12, 2012 2:16 am

I hear this quite a lot and no one has ever been able to explain it to me. Every argument I hear for it pretty much boils down to "I don't like it, so it's impossible". Biology is not my specialty, and digitigrade bipeds do exist (they're called birds), so why is it anatomically wrong for upright creatures to be digitigrade?
If you walk on your toes you walk digitigrade so it's clearly possible on two legs without balance problems even without a tail :o)
Dinosaurs was also digitigrade and could weight tons.

Humans ancestors has feet who was designed for climbing, they later become our feet however digitigrade is more common.

Did not like the Morrowind design much anyway. http://www.checkitplanner.com/captivate/intro/work.htm is probably more realistic.
Chantelle Walker

Post » Tue Jun 12, 2012 3:12 am

If you walk on your toes you walk digitigrade so it's clearly possible on two legs without balance problems even without a tail :ohmy:)
Dinosaurs was also digitigrade and could weight tons.

Humans ancestors has feet who was designed for climbing, they later become our feet however digitigrade is more common.

Did not like the Morrowind design much anyway. http://www.checkitplanner.com/captivate/intro/work.htm is probably more realistic.
I really like the part at 6:45.
nath

Post » Tue Jun 12, 2012 3:36 am

My kitty Mon We'i cares not if there is gaurds at the gate, he slips by unnoticed like any other good cat would do! And if they say something he claws them to submission and feeds on their warm bodies........ Praise Namira!!!
Darian Ennels

Post » Mon Jun 11, 2012 6:34 pm

I didn't really like how the khajiit looked in previous titles but I think they look great in Skyrim. Anyway you're a cat, whats not to like?
luke trodden

Post » Tue Jun 12, 2012 5:24 am

They are giant talking cats.

Nothing else is need to be said.

Oh and torches are for silly non-Khajiit lesser races only.
Red Bevinz

Post » Tue Jun 12, 2012 6:17 am

I think what could help the digitigrade look & feel is if they were less upright. even birds (which are very light) have a pelvic tilt that puts more weight out front. if the khajiit had a slightly forward lean it would look better.

biomechanics aside, my first character is a khajiit assassin. He is running the DB and doing side quests. I pay no mind to the idiotic racism of skyrim, but maybe I will do more RP and only enter the major cities in the evening and such.

secret entrances would be cool and if the story would have been developed more maybe only certain vendors would deal with you, some towns could be more or less favorable in general and all the political intrigue that would involve..
Anne marie

Post » Mon Jun 11, 2012 8:04 pm

"Why do Khajiit lick their butts?
To get the taste of Khajiit cooking out of their mouths!"

After hearing that I'm never going to play as Khajiit :biggrin:
James Rhead

Post » Tue Jun 12, 2012 4:57 am

I hear this quite a lot and no one has ever been able to explain it to me. Every argument I hear for it pretty much boils down to "I don't like it, so it's impossible". Biology is not my specialty, and digitigrade bipeds do exist (they're called birds), so why is it anatomically wrong for upright creatures to be digitigrade?

Birds don't walk upright, except, arguably, penguins, which have a plantigrade foot. Still, it's not the same, as penguins have more of a squatting posture.

If the khajiit and argonian bodies were built more like the werewolf and they spent part of their time walking on all fours, that leg structure would make sense.

By the way, I happen to think beast legs look cool, and I wouldn't have complained if the devs had done them. I can accept either type. I was just pointing out to the OP, who seemed concerned with realism, that they aren't realistic on the Morrowind khajiit and argonian.
Alister Scott

Post » Mon Jun 11, 2012 4:08 pm

I don't understand the soul searching involved in choosing a cat. Or an Orc, (except they're ugly) or a lizard; it's all the same character with the most major differences being cosmetic.
As the man said, it's a big talking cat.
Johnny

Post » Tue Jun 12, 2012 5:52 am

I don't understand the soul searching involved in choosing a cat. Or an Orc, (except they're ugly) or a lizard; it's all the same character with the most major differences being cosmetic.

It's all about RPing a Khajiit, if you just want to play then you don't care too much about RPing the race that you choose. I play as a Khajiit and I kill any Redguards on the map that are wearing Hammerfell clothing, not cause it will earn me anything, just cause according to the Skyrim history books Khajiit's and Redguards don't always get along.
Connor Wing

Post » Mon Jun 11, 2012 6:14 pm

personally I think khajiit is the best looking race in the game. Also according to one of the caravan people the skoomahead/thief thing is only a stereotype and most of them aren't realy like that. Also, read this book from skyrim, if that isn't an awsome culture I'm not sure what is http://elderscrolls.wikia.com/wiki/Ahzirr_Trajijazaeri

Fanny Rouyé

Post » Tue Jun 12, 2012 1:50 am

Usually plays elves however I did not really like how they looked in Skyrim. Orcs are to ugly, will not talk about lizards. Will not play humans as they are boring.
Few options left :o)
Amysaurusrex

Post » Mon Jun 11, 2012 10:37 pm

Some people want to get into their characters. I've seen your posts in the Oblivion boards so I'm inclined to say you are trolling.

Nah, Both the Empire and Morrowind banned that practice.
:rofl:
BRIANNA

Post » Mon Jun 11, 2012 5:41 pm

http://www.uesp.net/wiki/Skyrim:Shavari
http://www.uesp.net/wiki/Skyrim:J%27zargo

It's the drug trade that's banned.(Laila talks a little about it I think. Several others do too) Khajiit caravans carry moon sugar and hence aren't allowed in.

One assassin who slips into Riften to make a kill and one mage who lives in a city with no walls and precious few guards. That's pretty slim authority for the proposition that it is limited to the caravans because of the moon sugar. You got anything else? Seems like if Khajiit were allowed in cities there would be at least one Khajiit living in a walled city somewhere in Skyrim.
Sammygirl

Post » Tue Jun 12, 2012 7:44 am

One assassin who slips into Riften to make a kill and one mage who lives in a city with no walls and precious few guards. That's pretty slim authority for the proposition that it is limited to the caravans because of the moon sugar. You got anything else? Seems like if Khajiit were allowed in cities there would be at least one Khajiit living in a walled city somewhere in Skyrim.

And walks around in front of the guards...Thalmor sent her directly to Riften and she got in, whereas the other thalmor assassin after Malborn which is posing as part of a caravan was not allowed in.

It's not the first time nords have simplified the actual group. They tend to use Mer a lot when they really mean Thalmor.

Khajiit for the most part do not like skyrim. It's too cold. As stated before, several NPCs will comment it's the skooma trade that's outlawed. Besides the two stated previously, Ma'zaka tends the solitude lighthouse.
Amy Cooper

Post » Mon Jun 11, 2012 4:57 pm

They are a race of feline beings who hail from an agricultural society plagued with constant in-fighting between Pellintine and Anaquina (south and north respectively.) Moon sugar isn't some drug used for one's own high. It's for enlightenment and is a key ingredient to almost every Elsweyrian cuisine. Khajiit's develop an immunity to moon sugar's addictive qualities because it's in their system a lot. Only when it is turned into skooma does it leave their mind altered to dependency.
Laura Hicks

Post » Tue Jun 12, 2012 5:17 am

And walks around in front of the guards...Thalmor sent her directly to Riften and she got in, whereas the other thalmor assassin after Malborn which is posing as part of a caravan was not allowed in.

It's not the first time nords have simplified the actual group. They tend to use Mer a lot when they really mean Thalmor.

Khajiit for the most part do not like skyrim. It's too cold. As stated before, several NPCs will comment it's the skooma trade that's outlawed. Besides the two stated previously, Ma'zaka tends the solitude lighthouse.

It's arguable but it still seems far from conclusive. The lighthouse is not inside the walls.

From my first conversations with Ri'saad and Ysolda during my first couple of hours of play on 11/11/11, my Khajiit character came away with the definate impression that his kind were not welcome inside the City walls. I assumed the only reason I got in was that I had news of a dragon attack, then almost immediately thereafter, I slew a dragon right outside the gate in front of the Jarl's housecarl. Of course all of that was more than three months real time and several hundred game hours ago. Next time I play I will go back and talk with Ri'saad and Ysolda again so I can listen to exactly what they have to say.
TIhIsmc L Griot

Post » Tue Jun 12, 2012 1:23 am

Go to Winterhold
To the tavern
Into one wizards room, read Words of Clan Mother Anissi

Your ideals of Khajiit's will change forever..
Lindsay Dunn

Post » Mon Jun 11, 2012 8:50 pm

Although it's probably game mechanics. It's the only thing that makes sense in terms of why the PC is let into cities as a khajiit(Before they're recognized as dragonborn) especially since they've got scripts that will stop the PC from entering a city and make them get questioned by a guard first.

It's also the only reason I can think of why you can find single khajiit entering cities, but the groups(Caravans) are not. Argonians(Which tend to be distrusted by everyone in the series) seem to have little trouble entering cities.
NIloufar Emporio

Post » Mon Jun 11, 2012 3:46 pm

Re: the OP. Khajiit are the best if you like sneaking outdoors at night because of their nighteye.

Cecil thinks they can get in the walls just fine if not part of a caravan, so there you go. But even if you do not believe him, you can still play a Khajiit who just doesn't enter walled cities.

My second Khajiit character, an archer, does all of his shopping at Khajiit caravans, with hunters in the wilderness and at merchants in cities without walls, like Winterhold, Dawnstar, and Falkreath.

If he needs to be in a walled City for a quest, like joining the thieves guild, he slips in under cover of night wearing a cowl and robes to hide his tail.

My archer never uses any melee weapons. His claws are perfectly adequate for that purpose.
Kate Schofield

Post » Tue Jun 12, 2012 1:02 am

It's the only thing that makes sense in terms of why the PC is let into cities as a khajiit(Before they're recognized as dragonborn) especially since they've got scripts that will stop the PC from entering a city and make them get questioned by a guard first.

Maybe, but the first time I went to Whiterun and was greeted by the guards, they wouldn't let me in until I told them I had news of the Helgen dragon attack, so that could be why they let you in even before they know you are the dragonborn -- you are an eyewitness to an important event the Jarl would want to interview himself.
Sabrina garzotto

Post » Tue Jun 12, 2012 4:01 am

Re: the OP. Khajiit are the best if you like sneaking outdoors at night because of their nighteye.

Cecil thinks they can get in the walls just fine if not part of a caravan, so there you go. But even if you do not believe him, you can still play a Khajiit who just doesn't enter walled cities.

My second Khajiit character, an archer, does all of his shopping at Khajiit caravans, with hunters in the wilderness and at merchants in cities without walls, like Winterhold, Dawnstar, and Falkreath.

If he needs to be in a walled City for a quest, like joining the thieves guild, he slips in under cover of night wearing a cowl and robes to hide his tail.

My archer never uses any melee weapons. His claws are perfectly adequate for that purpose.

I too enjoy using my claws, I got a pair of Thalmor gloves that ups my unarmed to an extera 140points of dammage.Now I make those who challenge me to a fist fight look foolish :biggrin: But I still keep a pair of daggers just in case.
Jeneene Hunte

Post » Mon Jun 11, 2012 6:38 pm

Maybe, but the first time I went to Whiterun and was greeted by the guards, they wouldn't let me in until I told them I had news of the Helgen dragon attack, so that could be why they let you in even before they know you are the dragonborn -- you are an eyewitness to an important event the Jarl would want to interview himself.

You don't have to go to Whiterun first.
Dean

Post » Mon Jun 11, 2012 7:04 pm

You don't have to go to Whiterun first.

Huh, guess that's true.
rae.x

PreviousNext

Return to V - Skyrim