The Unofficial Healthy-Dose-of-Pessimism Thread

Post » Thu Nov 26, 2015 12:34 pm

They're lying. If they were the same person they would've sent that info with the documents.

It's a load of crap. Male only until the ending? A wife named LYDIA? Save import for a 7 year old game only on the obsolete consoles? For choices that don't really matter anyway?

It's weapons-grade baloney is what this is.

Michelle davies

Post » Thu Nov 26, 2015 2:01 am

Hasn't been disproven. More evidence as of right now to support the claim than refute it, so I'll be wary.

koumba

Post » Thu Nov 26, 2015 9:26 am

"Absolutely everything is new, and no assets or scrips are being used from Fallout 3/NV or Skyrim."

Uhuh. Yeah.. no. Already disproven kthxbai.

Also there is no PS3/360 version as the troll claims.

Alyce Argabright

Post » Thu Nov 26, 2015 1:56 am

haha, omg, who cares. Everyone's has opinions just like everyone has --well you get the idea.

I personally enjoy reading all different kinds of opinions, positive or negative.

Emma Louise Adams

Post » Thu Nov 26, 2015 1:58 pm

There is no viewing it in any way. That is what it is. A direct connection to a FO2 ending slider. Just like the wasteland survival guide is a direct connection to FO3 quest with Moira. There is no guessing involved. Is anything required? No, but Fallout isn't Mass Effect, Dragon Age, or TES. It is Fallout. A game whose second chapter included the memoirs of the Vault Dweller, and included with it stories about his adventures. Fallout 3 veered off this path, and it suffered, imo, with FONV putting it back on track. You can play pretend with all you want, living whatever adventures you want to, but for us who enjoy the FO lore and canon, the more facts the better. I play a female courier as well, but I won't get all upset and hurt if the canon courier was male. Gender is only one aspect of it, obviously quests, factions, and their fates is more important, but every piece of info is important, and, I view every piece of information on the "hero" of the game to be as important as well. I don't need to have every game have some mysterious savior. That, gets old. Well there was a bunch of drama, but a mysterious stranger came and saved the day. Annnd years later, another major drama, and some mysterious stranger came. Oh, let me tell you about the time of the mysterious stranger who came to town and saved the day. We can't go into detail on this mysterious stranger, because uhh. uhhhh. Cuz of mystery. It isn't even believable. People often describe a person by their gender, name, actions, deeds, personality. I would get tired quick of some genderless, mysterious, hero who saved the day, if that was the case in every FO game, which is one reason I can care less about lore in the TES series, because it flat out blows as far as the stories of the "hero" and every single time being a "prisoner".

Alexander Lee

Post » Thu Nov 26, 2015 4:08 am

I just want to say that pessimists for the sake of being pessimists piss me off and always have. It happened with Skyrim with people declaring it to be horrible because it was cool and edgy. A bit of a rant but we have been waiting 4 years for this so the least you can do is be a little bit more happy about it... /rant

Melanie Steinberg

Post » Thu Nov 26, 2015 3:14 pm

Please refrain from namecalling and personal attacks. It's getting bad in here.

James Shaw

Post » Thu Nov 26, 2015 7:28 am

I was personally excited for skyrim, and oblivion for that matter. And both of those games burned me, so im cautiously pessimistic because of Bethesda's track record and the general direction they have gone with their games. Fallout 3 took a step back in the right direction from oblivion, so it gave me hopes for skyrim, but seeing as skyrim was the last game bethesda game studios made, im not entirely enthusiastic about the game.

What i am really excited for, is that this news and release means that Bethesda will hand off their assets from fallout 4 to Obisidian to make the fallout game ive been waiting for.

saharen beauty

Post » Thu Nov 26, 2015 1:02 pm

About the voiced protagonist... I hope not. Remember, that was a trailer. He said ONE line to his canine companion.

First, the positives:

I liked the graphics (if that was actual gameplay footage and not just CGI).

I like the idea of being in The Commonwealth area. I've been intrigued about that since the "android incident" :)

Now, what I'm pessimistic about:

Steam only?

Even more action combat with less RPG elements? Will I be worrying about ammo type all the time?

How will "crafting" come out? Will armors finally get upgrades?

How "pigeonholed" will the main story be?

What will the factions (if any) be like and how will they work or interact?

Will S.P.E.C.I.A.L. and Perks be familiar, if present? (Remember Skyrim and the lack of attributes?)

Yes, lots of questions from me and my cynical mind. The trailer did very little to excite me about the game :)

Cody Banks

Post » Thu Nov 26, 2015 4:00 am

I can't get my mind around this. This trailer is basically every worst nightmare being all but confirmed. Except for aliens and androids, I guess - although that's not sure, remember that androids are human-like and if the rumor that post-MQ you can change your gender is true, the android thing becomes even more likely. Okay, I'm not that pessimistic to think that's possible, but one leak that no one could take seriously turned out to be true, why not another?

Looking at all this, why are people surprised that a lot are unhappy? It's like waiting for 2 hours in a restaurant and when they bring out the food you realise you could have had a better meal in McDonald's.

Dustin Brown

Post » Thu Nov 26, 2015 8:25 am

Its the same as any other games forum. There's that 1% of people who just rail against everything the company does for some strange reason. Just remember that the people who enjoy Fallout far outweigh the people who spend their time constantly complaining. See the 145,000 likes on the Fallout 4 trailer compared to the almost 2,000 dislikes. The game will get just as much high praise from every corner of the media and its fans, and they will always listen to that 99% over the 1%.

Red Sauce

Post » Thu Nov 26, 2015 12:58 am

Can you prove that assets or scrips are being implemented from Fallout 3 or Skyrim? please show me otherwise, and stop using a childish demeanor

Danielle Brown

Post » Thu Nov 26, 2015 12:39 am

Not to be a booger, but Optimists just to be optimists are equally as frustrating.

We saw a couple of minutes of a trailer. How can all this speculation, excitement, and yes pessimism get so wild? 2 minutes!

chloe hampson

Post » Thu Nov 26, 2015 2:01 am

The amount of new [censored]post troll accounts that this reveal trailer had created is about the only pessimism thought that I can throw at Fallout 4. God...

This Forum used to be a calm and friendly place. Thanks for destroying that peace.

Laura-Jayne Lee

Post » Thu Nov 26, 2015 12:20 am

THREE!

Emilie Joseph

Post » Thu Nov 26, 2015 10:21 am

After nearly half a decade of nothing, 2 minutes might as well be 2 hours. The confirmation alone is enough for most people.
Kevin S

Post » Thu Nov 26, 2015 5:52 am

To be fair, this thread exists to organize the pessimistic and skeptical thoughts into one place, where you don't have to go and read them. No post here is destroying the peace.
Kitana Lucas

Post » Thu Nov 26, 2015 11:51 am

Bethesda did not make NV.

Watch the brotherhood again in F3. WHite knights.

Madison Poo

Post » Thu Nov 26, 2015 10:31 am

I thought he was talking about the threads that keep getting closed with "leak" info or threads that are devised to specifically get a rise out of people. They keep appearing and disappearing.

Blaine

Post » Thu Nov 26, 2015 8:07 am

Oh, gotcha! Yeah, that's annoying.
Killer McCracken

Post » Thu Nov 26, 2015 10:53 am

What I want to know is where is all the whacky sci-fi SCIENCE stuff? From the trailer it looks like just another generic post-apocalyptic shooter.
Smokey

Post » Thu Nov 26, 2015 3:19 pm

There's a hovering revolutionary ship. It's not much, but there's bound to be some stuff. New Vegas trailers didn't look whacky.

Kerri Lee

Post » Wed Nov 25, 2015 11:53 pm

Well, seing constantly new threads popping up with "bad graphics...wtf?" "typical bethesda game" "whatever" as their topic title by users with only 1 posts just makes me sad. Back in the day when fallout 4 wasn't announced it was always so amazing and fun to speculate about what is going to happen next and such. I rarely ever saw someone getting insulted for his opinion or anything similar like that. There used to be like zero trolls on this board, now I feel like browsing NeoGAF.

koumba

Post » Thu Nov 26, 2015 1:28 am

Did you ever play Old World Blues?

Amysaurusrex

Post » Thu Nov 26, 2015 10:27 am

Dude. Look at the trailer. It's full of Fallout 3 assets. Also, you can't ignore the whole PS3/360 thing, sorry. That was pretty specific.

Jeff Tingler

PreviousNext

Return to Fallout 4