[RELz] Unofficial Fallout 3 Patch

Post » Sat Aug 15, 2009 1:47 am

For some reason the Love Nest theme house lighting fix still does not seem to work for me. It will work when I rebuy the theme but when I reload my save the lighting color scheme is gone again and exiting and re-entering the house did not seem to reset it like the patch notes state it should. For screenshots, this is annoying having to keep rebuying the theme and I am kind of bummed I cannot seem to get the fix to work for me as this was one I was really looking forward to.
JeSsy ArEllano

Post » Fri Aug 14, 2009 2:44 pm

i had to uninstall ufop because as soon as i left the enclave base, a started crashing, like 6 times in abt 20 minutes, including shuting down and restarting the game and 2 reboots. Fomm showed your patch at the top of the list. It worked fine inside the enclave based, just not out in the wastelands. i am running vista.
I went to the control panel and removed the patch from there, rebooted and restarted the game and had no problems running the game.

Please be more specific... there are many places that could be called "enclave bases" give me a FormID of some object in the area the crashes occour. Also you're not running Fallout 3 from the program files folder are you?

For some reason the Love Nest theme house lighting fix still does not seem to work for me. It will work when I rebuy the theme but when I reload my save the lighting color scheme is gone again and exiting and re-entering the house did not seem to reset it like the patch notes state it should. For screenshots, this is annoying having to keep rebuying the theme and I am kind of bummed I cannot seem to get the fix to work for me as this was one I was really looking forward to.

Ok, I'll go check it out now.

Edit: turns out I missed the love theme... you see I was copying the reference names from the script, the love them must of been added after because it is nearly at the bottom away from all the other themes, thats why I missed it :( Here is the fixed script:

SCN UF3PPHCIFScriptBegin GameModeIf GetQuestRunning HD01 == 1	If HD01VaultTheme01.GetDisabled == 0		SetCellImageSpace MegatonPlayerHouse VaultImageSpace01	ElseIf HD01ExplorerTheme.GetDisabled == 0		SetCellImageSpace MegatonPlayerHouse LamplightInterior	ElseIf HD01PreWarTheme.GetDisabled == 0		SetCellImageSpace MegatonPlayerHouse TenpennyImageSpace	ElseIf HD01RaiderTheme.GetDisabled == 0		SetCellImageSpace MegatonPlayerHouse UrbanImageSpace01	ElseIf HD01ScienceTheme.GetDisabled == 0		SetCellImageSpace MegatonPlayerHouse NeoClassDefaultImageSpace	ElseIf HD01LoveTheme.GetDisabled == 0		SetCellImageSpace MegatonPlayerHouse LoveHouseTheme	EndIfEndIfIf GetQuestRunning HD02 == 1	If HD02VaultTheme.GetDisabled == 0		SetCellImageSpace Tenpenny03Player VaultImageSpace01	ElseIf HD02ExplorerTheme.GetDisabled == 0		SetCellImageSpace Tenpenny03Player LamplightInterior	ElseIf HD02PreWarTheme.GetDisabled == 0		SetCellImageSpace Tenpenny03Player TenpennyImageSpace	ElseIf HD02RaiderTheme.GetDisabled == 0		SetCellImageSpace Tenpenny03Player UrbanImageSpace01	ElseIf HD02ScienceTheme.GetDisabled == 0		SetCellImageSpace Tenpenny03Player NeoClassDefaultImageSpace	ElseIf HD02LoveTheme.GetDisabled == 0		SetCellImageSpace Tenpenny03Player LoveHouseTheme	EndIfEndIfEnd

Julie Ann

Post » Fri Aug 14, 2009 11:11 pm

I have searched in the readme but cant find any explanation what UF3P.exe does/is?
kasia

Post » Fri Aug 14, 2009 9:27 pm

I have searched in the readme but cant find any explanation what UF3P.exe does/is?

Sorry forgot to document that for the manual version... UF3P.exe is just a slightly modified version of ArchiveInvalidation Invalidated! with a few extra switches to do things for the installer version mainly, All switches:
"-ActivateAII" will silently activate AII (called by the option in the installer).
"-ActivateUF3P" will silently activate the Unofficial Fallout 3 Patch.esp (called when installing).
"-DeactivateUF3P" will silently deactivate the Unofficial Fallout 3 Patch.esp (called when uninstalling).
"-MMAFApplyS" will silently apply the Mouse Menu Acceleration Fix (called by the option in the installer).
"-MMAFApply" will apply the Mouse Menu Acceleration Fix.
"-MMAFRemove" will remove the Mouse Menu Acceleration Fix.
sw1ss

Post » Fri Aug 14, 2009 9:29 pm

So if i already have ArchiveInvalidation Invalidated! then i don't need to use UF3P.exe when i use the manually version of Unofficial Fallout 3 Patch?
Kelvin Diaz

Post » Sat Aug 15, 2009 2:59 am

So if i already have ArchiveInvalidation Invalidated! then i don't need to use UF3P.exe when i use the manually version of Unofficial Fallout 3 Patch?

Nope.
Nitol Ahmed

Post » Fri Aug 14, 2009 4:33 pm

Mmm, nice release. Thanks, Quarn :)
Red Bevinz

Post » Fri Aug 14, 2009 10:31 am

Gratz on the Relz :foodndrink: and thx!
DAVId MArtInez

Post » Fri Aug 14, 2009 8:52 pm

i am using fomm to run fo3, i just left the main base up in the nw corner of the map, as a part of the MQ. 1 time i was looking at the base exploding and it crashed. another time i was looking at enclave soldiers that had flew from the area of the base and hit the ground and it crashed.
1 time i was able to get outside the fence area and then fast traveled to the dinner just north of the escaded slaves base and at the end of the fire fight the game crashed.
another time i decided to go to megatown and had just put the last bobhead in the display and the game crashed again.
1 time just outside the base, by the cliff and south a bit a loaded the game and had it crash right away.
all of this happened outside, except 1 time - megatown crash, i had no crashes on any of the 3 levels inside the enclave base.
i already have archive invalidation invalidated 1.1, so would the patch doing a second activation mess things up
i turned on the mouse correction when i already had this fixed, would that be a problem. i don't thing so because i had no problems inside raven rock.
i also have the fallout 3 high definition pack v1.0

grizzly dinner, rock by dinner 0007693d
raven rock
rock inside fence 000927fe
ground by ramp 00089615
by cliffe 000799d0
bobblehead stand in megatown 0008f6bc
Queen

Post » Fri Aug 14, 2009 5:53 pm

Yay! :D

It's so nice to see this out. You're a fast (and busy!) worker, Quarn. Just like with Oblivion, I expect this to be THE required mod for all users, even if they have no intention of otherwise modding their game. And just like with OB, I pity the console players :evil:
Carys

Post » Fri Aug 14, 2009 1:34 pm

Awesome man, thanks.
Sabrina Schwarz

Post » Fri Aug 14, 2009 11:34 am

Great work, as always, Quarn

Glad you've survived round one of my nitpicking frenzy ;)
Luckily I'm going to take a break from the game until the next DLC is out, so enjoy the calm while you can :)
elliot mudd

Post » Fri Aug 14, 2009 11:52 pm

I can't use AII because I installed F3 to the Program files on Vista. Can I download this patch and enjoy its benefits nevertheless?
michael danso

Post » Fri Aug 14, 2009 8:45 pm

i am using fomm to run fo3, i just left the main base up in the nw corner of the map, as a part of the MQ. 1 time i was looking at the base exploding and it crashed. another time i was looking at enclave soldiers that had flew from the area of the base and hit the ground and it crashed.
1 time i was able to get outside the fence area and then fast traveled to the dinner just north of the escaded slaves base and at the end of the fire fight the game crashed.
another time i decided to go to megatown and had just put the last bobhead in the display and the game crashed again.
1 time just outside the base, by the cliff and south a bit a loaded the game and had it crash right away.
all of this happened outside, except 1 time - megatown crash, i had no crashes on any of the 3 levels inside the enclave base.
i already have archive invalidation invalidated 1.1, so would the patch doing a second activation mess things up
i turned on the mouse correction when i already had this fixed, would that be a problem. i don't thing so because i had no problems inside raven rock.
i also have the fallout 3 high definition pack v1.0

grizzly dinner, rock by dinner 0007693d
raven rock
rock inside fence 000927fe
ground by ramp 00089615
by cliffe 000799d0
bobblehead stand in megatown 0008f6bc

Your crashes sound rather random and unrelated to UF3P... AII is smart and won't activate again if you've already activated it, Mouse Menu Acceleration Fix will simply override your existing mouse acceleration changes so that wouldn't cause it.

Does deactivating Unofficial Fallout 3 Patch.esp make the crashes go away? try deactivating other mods and see the results, if it is localized to UF3P please send me your gamesave as it maybe yet another Fallout 3 quirk...

I can't use AII because I installed F3 to the Program files on Vista. Can I download this patch and enjoy its benefits nevertheless?

Yes you can use AII, that is just a WARNING message and does not stop you from using it at all but UAC better be off though of expect weird problems not just with AII...
Andy durkan

Post » Fri Aug 14, 2009 2:14 pm

Wow, that came out FAST! Thanks for all your hard work Quarn, I'm glad you're back in the gamebryo scene. I've started playin FO3 alot now, so I'll be sure to report any bugs I come across.
Epul Kedah

Post » Sat Aug 15, 2009 12:37 am

i deleted the .ini file in the save game folder and then played a loww level character with no problem for a while.
I then went to my high level character, Leve; 29, and had a crash withing 5 minutes. So, i could be the Level raising mod, Levelcap30-40, and i got it nov 5, so it is pre geck.
i turned off all mods except my megaweight mod, carrying too much to move without it LOL, and i went for a while without crashing, maybe 10 minutes or so. got into museum of history and collected the Lincoln stuff for the free slaves quests, got back to the temple of the moon and updated that quest and returned to Lincoln memorial, had a fight with 2 slavers that suddenly showed up, walked around and then thru the lincoln memorial before the game crashed again.
I am also running my save games thru gfwl, so i can keep my different toons sorted.
Rachel Briere

Post » Fri Aug 14, 2009 1:51 pm

I'm experiencing a weird bug since installing UF3P. Running from Anacostia Crossing Station (near Rivet City) to Metro Central, I ran pass a corpse of a feral ghoul I killed awhile back only this time it had a missing icon floating where it should be, and when I try to open the door to Metro Central I get a CTD.

Door is to the right in the screenshot.
[img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v385/aim4it/uf3err.jpg[/img]
Penny Courture

Post » Fri Aug 14, 2009 6:56 pm

I'm experiencing a weird bug since installing UF3P. Running from Anacostia Crossing Station (near Rivet City) to Metro Central, I ran pass a corpse of a feral ghoul I killed awhile back only this time it had a missing icon floating where it should be, and when I try to open the door to Metro Central I get a CTD.

Door is to the right in the screenshot.
[img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v385/aim4it/uf3err.jpg[/img]

Only ghoul related thing I edited was one of the meshes: ghoulvariant.nif, I went to that place with that ghoul and had no problems also I spawned every possible ghoul varient that could spawn in that place without any problems. Is ArchiveInvalidation Invalidated! active? and you're not running Fallout 3 in your programs files folder under Windows Vista?

As for Metro Center... crash seems to be coming from one the fixed meshes. I'll be back once I can isolate it.

Edit: It isn't the UF3P esp, I can't isolate it to one mesh... deleteing them all seems to solve it but I still got the odd crash. (with meshes) sometimes it crashes on entering it first time, sometimes it takes 4+ reloads to get it to crash (UF3P may not be the cause but exacerbating what ever it is).
Edit2: Quitting to the main menu before loading a gamesave seems to stop\reduce it from happening... looks like Bethesda hasn't relised not fully purging the buffers\memory before loading a game while in-game is bad...
Edit3: maybe it is UF3P maybe it isn't seems turning the AI off stops the crashes too *boggled*
djimi

Post » Fri Aug 14, 2009 6:33 pm

I'm getting a strange audio-related problem with the UF3P -- whenever I try to load a savegame, the main menu music keeps on playing and persists playing even when the save gets loaded and I enter the game. The only way to make it stop is to enable the in-game radio and then disable it. However, that's not as large an issue as the fact that I can't hear the in-game character voices at all with UF3P installed, and nor can I hear any menu click sounds!

I've tried installing a different set of audio drivers since I just updated them yesterday (to R2.15) but that didn't seem to help. The only way to resolve this problem for me has been to uninstall the UF3P. :( Has something audio-related been changed in this patch?

My mobo is the Gigabyte GA-EP45-DS3R, and has the Realtek ALC889 audio chip. I'm currently using v2.15 of the Realtek HD Audio driver, but have tried versions 2.07 and 2.11 as well.
Kat Lehmann

Post » Fri Aug 14, 2009 4:17 pm

I'm getting a strange audio-related problem with the UF3P -- whenever I try to load a savegame, the main menu music keeps on playing and persists playing even when the save gets loaded and I enter the game. The only way to make it stop is to enable the in-game radio and then disable it. However, that's not as large an issue as the fact that I can't hear the in-game character voices at all with UF3P installed, and nor can I hear any menu click sounds!

I've tried installing a different set of audio drivers since I just updated them yesterday (to R2.15) but that didn't seem to help. The only way to resolve this problem for me has been to uninstall the UF3P. :( Has something audio-related been changed in this patch?

My mobo is the Gigabyte GA-EP45-DS3R, and has the Realtek ALC889 audio chip. I'm currently using v2.15 of the Realtek HD Audio driver, but have tried versions 2.07 and 2.11 as well.

I've had the main menu music continue to play after loading a game very rarely, just thought of it as yet another Fallout 3 bug and I can't remember if it was with or without UF3P... still UF3P doesn't touch anything that could even do that, no "tweaks", "tricks" or "hacks" are used in UF3P. Only thing I can think of is it maybe a case of changing something mudane "triggering" the issues, like editing cell 3,3 in Oblivion wiped out all local map icons...

Does disabling the Unofficial Fallout 3 Patch.esp reslove the problem?

Off the subject... you should really consider getting a proper soundcard or even a set of USB headphones (which have sound built into them). Onboard sound is a pile of trash, I thought I'd skip the soundcard and use the onboard when I build my system after seeing all the "advances" of onboard technology, I was soooooo very wrong... the sound was horrible, the drivers are rather poor too (RealTek) and a 5 year old soundblaster whooped its ass.
Kirsty Wood

Post » Sat Aug 15, 2009 12:09 am

Hey Quarn...

Just wanted to say that I appreciate all the hard work you've put into this, its really buffed out my fallout 3 experience :)
Also, hope you don't mind I added your mod to the List in my sig.

Kudos on all the great work,
TheDamned
Nitol Ahmed

Post » Fri Aug 14, 2009 12:26 pm

I've had the main menu music continue to play after loading a game very rarely, just thought of it as yet another Fallout 3 bug and I can't remember if it was with or without UF3P... still UF3P doesn't touch anything that could even do that, no "tweaks", "tricks" or "hacks" are used in UF3P. Only thing I can think of is it maybe a case of changing something mudane "triggering" the issues, like editing cell 3,3 in Oblivion wiped out all local map icons...

Does disabling the Unofficial Fallout 3 Patch.esp reslove the problem?

Well, after trying it again, it looks like my sound issues have mysteriously disappeared... I reinstalled the mod about 5 times, and it never worked, and now that I tried it one more time, everything loaded up just fine, as if there never was any issue at all. On the topic of a sound card, I might get one of those X-Fi's at some point, although I have no idea when.
D LOpez

Post » Sat Aug 15, 2009 2:30 am

nice work man! finally a patch one can trust :P
Jason White

Post » Fri Aug 14, 2009 7:56 pm

Sorry if this has been mentioned/fixed already, I am a bit in a rush(PC Cafe money is running out, duh) so pardon my ignorance;)

Is there any way how to fix the Save/autosave crash when finished talking with Three Dog the first time ? I first thought it was caused by mods, but judging from http://www.gamesas.com/bgsforums/index.php?showtopic=950841&st=20 thread it seems that it's happening even in the Vanilla F3.

Is there any way how to fix it ? I am pretty sure that some script after talking to Three Dog prevents the game to save (I am getting those half-finished .tmp save files)
Or it's an F3 core bug and I am doomed? :o

Thanks in Advance

Smert
Bird

Post » Fri Aug 14, 2009 9:25 pm

I've experienced this problem as well and I haven't installed UF3P yet. I never had this issue before installing the official patch 1.1
Danger Mouse

PreviousNext

Return to Fallout 3