[RELz] Unofficial Fallout 3 Patch

Post » Fri Aug 14, 2009 4:40 pm

v1.1.2 Released!
Important: uninstall UF3P v1.0.0\v1.1.0 before installing v1.1.2!

The Unofficial Fallout 3 Patch is an extensive mod fixing various bugs throughout the Fallout 3 world and in the official DLC's!

How do I report a bug?
All bugs should be reported on the Unofficial Fallout 3 Patch bug tracker http://uf3p.gamedata.us/view_all_bug_page.php. Registration isn't required and highly recommended you use it to report bugs as it will help me greatly in keeping track of everything but of course if you'd prefer you can still post/[email=quarny@gmail.com]email[/email] me any bug reports. When reporting object placement bugs or pretty much anything simply open your console, click the object with the problem or one near it and write down the formID, only report it if the first 2 numbers are 00 (Fallout.esm) or 01 (Anchorage.esm) otherwise it means a mod added that object and it isn't something I can fix.

Important Notes
-The Unofficial Fallout 3 Patch has been created for Fallout 3 v1.1+ (english) and should not be used with any other Fallout 3 versions.
-The Unofficial DLC Patches will ONLY work if the DLC's are in your \Fallout 3\Data\ folder otherwise using them will crash your game. If you want to move the DLC's out of G4WL then simply do a file seach in your "C:\Documents and Settings" for *.esm" (make sure the option "Search hidden files and folders" is checked) once found simply cut and paste them into your \Fallout 3\Data\ folder and enable them like any other plugin.
-ArchiveInvalidation Invalidated! activated upon installing UF3P, it will not be deactivated\removed upon uninstalling.
-If you have already been afflicted with the Charon and Ahzrukhal "stuck" bug then it will be reset so you can talk to Charon and initial the event again.
-The Mouse Menu Acceleration Fix will not be removed upon uninstalling the Unofficial Fallout 3 Patch, if you want it gone then use the shortcut created in your start menu to remove it before uninstalling.
-http://fose.silverlock.org/ is required IF you want the VATS accuracy perk fixes to work. If you want VATS accuracy perk fixes for other mods that add new perks then have a look at http://www.fallout3nexus.com/downloads/file.php?id=4805, Note: you'll have to disable UF3P's VATS fix to use this mod, to do some simply type "Set UF3PVATSFixOff to 1" into the console.

Disclaimer
Unofficial Fallout 3 Patch is provided free and "as is" for use at your own risk; the creator(s) cannot be held responsible/liable for anything that happens while using it. This product is not created by nor associated with Bethesda Softworks, Zenimax Media, nor any of their affiliates.

Thanks
The NifSkope Team - no mesh fixes would of been possible without this invaluable program!
sialivi - for reporting well over 1100+ issues (which I'm still working on fixing).
Crypton - for providing and setting up the Unofficial Fallout 3 Patch bugtracker! Great in helping the project!
MadCat221 - for fixing the issues with plasmarifle.nif, laserpistol.nif, laserrifle.nif, the over glossy hair, the enclave\tesla power armor collar and fixing the nuke imagespace modifier.
dr_AllCOM3 - for improving the litter texture fix even more, fixing the incorrect alpha on 2 textures (neoclassicalmaintile03.dds and neodarkmaintile03.dds) and also improving the road chunk texture (roadwasteland01.dds).
ElminsterAU - for the wonderful FO3Edit program!

And a big thanks to everyone else for sending in bug reports!

The full version history can be downloaded seperatly as it is too big to post.
http://www.fallout3nexus.com/downloads/file.php?id=3808
Chantel Hopkin

Post » Fri Aug 14, 2009 11:23 am

Congrats on the release Quarn and Co. Keep up the great work for the community!
Kari Depp

Post » Sat Aug 15, 2009 2:07 am

It's done? Or am I dreaming?
Cheville Thompson

Post » Fri Aug 14, 2009 10:51 pm

Wooo!

Just a reminder for those who have Plasma Rifle Awesomefied that you'll have to reinstall that mod due to the plasma rifle mesh in UF3P. The plasma rifle mesh in this one contains some fixes also present in PR Awesomefied, but not the glowey bit inside. You'll probably notice the problem right away if you don't, trust me. ;)
Bellismydesi

Post » Fri Aug 14, 2009 9:54 pm

Awesome! Very, very glad to see you working on this for FO3, too. You're a hero to this community, you know.

Do have a question about v1.1 - as a patch maker, I assume you've been following the myriad complaints about it. Do you have anything to say about the various claims of bugs caused by the patch?
Laura-Jayne Lee

Post » Fri Aug 14, 2009 6:34 pm

It's done? Or am I dreaming?

Heh far from done... can never "really" manage to fix everything, always something broken somewhere... and I didn't manage to complete sialivi's reports so until the next version!
celebrity

Post » Fri Aug 14, 2009 4:29 pm

Do have a question about v1.1 - as a patch maker, I assume you've been following the myriad complaints about it. Do you have anything to say about the various claims of bugs caused by the patch?

That's the main reason I haven't patched my game yet as I've read various complaints about bugs and whatnot. Although I'll probably need it as I just downloaded this and MMM :unsure:

Anyway, glad to see this released :goodjob:
RUby DIaz

Post » Fri Aug 14, 2009 11:01 am

Yay! I love you! Thanks so much for releasing this.
Agnieszka Bak

Post » Fri Aug 14, 2009 10:26 pm

Thank you, thank you, thank you!!

You guys are so awesome to continue to do this for the community; thanks for making the game's experience all the better by taking away as many bugs as you did.

I scoured through the version history and just wanted to re-report the Paladin Hoss AI/Megaton theiving bug for a future version.

You guys rock :foodndrink:
lolly13

Post » Fri Aug 14, 2009 12:43 pm

This is great news!

Downloading now

Thanks
J.P loves

Post » Fri Aug 14, 2009 6:52 pm

We have been saved, children! All hail the mighty Quarn! Long live the gamesas modding community!
Alexandra Ryan

Post » Fri Aug 14, 2009 7:29 pm

A few unnecessary edit's slipped through the cracks:
Removing: [LAND:000027EB]Removing: MEGSneakRef [REFR:00095B6C] (places BobbleheadPlacedSNEK "Sneak Bobblehead" [ACTI:000416C3] in GRUP Cell Persistent Children of MegatonPlayerHouse "Empty House" [CELL:000151E3])Removing: TENSneakRef [REFR:000BE896] (places BobbleheadPlacedSNEK "Sneak Bobblehead" [ACTI:000416C3] in GRUP Cell Persistent Children of Tenpenny03Player "Tenpenny Tower - Empty Suite" [CELL:000170E7])Removing: [REFR:000AD17B] (places RugSmall02 [STAT:000AB37F] in GRUP Cell Temporary Children of CitadelARing "Citadel - A Ring" [CELL:000207A2])[Removing "Identical to Master" records done]  Processed Records: 1310 Removed Records: 4 Elapsed Time: 00:00

Also, Anchorage.esm changes the Priority of GREETING "GREETING" [DIAL:000000C8] from 55 to 65. As Unofficial Fallout 3 Patch.esp always loads after the esm's, it will overwrite that value back to 55. I'm not sure if that causes any problem.

Other then this the esp looks good. Great work.
Brandi Norton

Post » Fri Aug 14, 2009 6:16 pm

Awesome! Very, very glad to see you working on this for FO3, too. You're a hero to this community, you know.

v1.1 made the game playable for some and unplayable for others... I havn't really been following the "bug" reports of v1.1 as the majority of them can't be fixed by us ("core" bugs). Also I don't experience alot of the bugs people report, first step to fixing a bug is reproducing it... like that nVidia black screen bug in Oblivion, I couldn't fix that until my ATI died and I got a nVidia then I experienced the bug and could "fix" it.

That's the main reason I haven't patched my game yet as I've read various complaints about bugs and whatnot. Although I'll probably need it as I just downloaded this and MMM :unsure:

Anyway, glad to see this released :goodjob:

UF3P "should" work fine with v1.0 (I havn't\won't tested it), but I won't be fixing what Bethesda has already fixed in their patches.
marie breen

Post » Fri Aug 14, 2009 10:31 am

Thank you very much Quarn. Just keep on rockin'.
willow

Post » Fri Aug 14, 2009 4:31 pm

Glad you made a patch for fallout! Your patchs for oblivion were almost mandatory :-)
Ice Fire

Post » Fri Aug 14, 2009 2:57 pm

I checked the history. Impressive piece of work! Very well done!
Annick Charron

Post » Sat Aug 15, 2009 2:06 am

Quarn, I wanted to ask if your ESM Date Changer mod is still recommended for use with the Unofficial Patch? If I'm not mistaken you are the author of it, right?
Louise Lowe

Post » Fri Aug 14, 2009 11:58 am

Thank you, thank you, thank you!!

You guys are so awesome to continue to do this for the community; thanks for making the game's experience all the better by taking away as many bugs as you did.

I scoured through the version history and just wanted to re-report the Paladin Hoss AI/Megaton theiving bug for a future version.

You guys rock :foodndrink:

Yes I haven't forgotten *looks at bug tracker* just low on my to-do list and I reached a point where I was happy to release v1.0.0.

A few unnecessary edit's slipped through the cracks:
Removing: [LAND:000027EB]Removing: MEGSneakRef [REFR:00095B6C] (places BobbleheadPlacedSNEK "Sneak Bobblehead" [ACTI:000416C3] in GRUP Cell Persistent Children of MegatonPlayerHouse "Empty House" [CELL:000151E3])Removing: TENSneakRef [REFR:000BE896] (places BobbleheadPlacedSNEK "Sneak Bobblehead" [ACTI:000416C3] in GRUP Cell Persistent Children of Tenpenny03Player "Tenpenny Tower - Empty Suite" [CELL:000170E7])Removing: [REFR:000AD17B] (places RugSmall02 [STAT:000AB37F] in GRUP Cell Temporary Children of CitadelARing "Citadel - A Ring" [CELL:000207A2])[Removing "Identical to Master" records done]  Processed Records: 1310 Removed Records: 4 Elapsed Time: 00:00

Also, Anchorage.esm changes the Priority of GREETING "GREETING" [DIAL:000000C8] from 55 to 65. As Unofficial Fallout 3 Patch.esp always loads after the esm's, it will overwrite that value back to 55. I'm not sure if that causes any problem.

Other then this the esp looks good. Great work.

Thanks, all taken care of for v1.1.0. I set the priority to 65 just incase...

Quarn, I wanted to ask if your ESM Date Changer mod is still recommended for use with the Unofficial Patch? If I'm not mistaken you are the author of it, right?

I decided to pull that little proggy after finding out it was actually pre-geck mod which was an esm with an esp extension causing the problems... ESM's load oldest to newest then ESP's load oldest to newest so after v1.1 Fallout.esm's date was changed thus the esm mod with a esp extension was loading before Fallout.esm thus the problems.

By default Unofficial Fallout 3 Patch.esp is dated so it will be the first esp to load to avoid issues with other mods.
Juliet

Post » Sat Aug 15, 2009 2:10 am

I have a question.

When beth releases their next patch that will fix some of these bugs, what will happen with yours? Will conflicts arise, or will your fixes (hopefully) overwrite thiers?
phil walsh

Post » Fri Aug 14, 2009 2:02 pm

Nice job guys and galls.
ImmaTakeYour

Post » Fri Aug 14, 2009 12:34 pm

Looks good, although I won't be using it myself since I don't want to risk creating bugs by trying to use it with 1.015.
Ysabelle

Post » Fri Aug 14, 2009 5:03 pm

I have a question.

When beth releases their next patch that will fix some of these bugs, what will happen with yours? Will conflicts arise, or will your fixes (hopefully) overwrite thiers?

When? more like IF :P All depends on what approach they use to fix it to whether problems will arrise or not, UF3P will override any *patches* made to Fallout.esm and UF3P will be updated to remove any fixes that overlap with the official patches.
Alyesha Neufeld

Post » Fri Aug 14, 2009 2:27 pm

Making Fallout 3 age like wine... Awesome!:) Thanks for this. The icon is PERFECT!:D
StunnaLiike FiiFii

Post » Fri Aug 14, 2009 4:48 pm

You are the man :goodjob:
I used to call my 3.5 yr old son Aaron because that just happened to be the first thing we named him when he was born, but now I call him "Quarn", out of respect. :bowdown:
Confuses the h**l out of him but he'll ajust eventually..

[quote]
"always something broken somewhere..."
[end quote]

Must be nice having steady work in these uncertain times... :whistle:

not-so-noob is having a particularly good morning, and is wishing the rest of the board a good morning as well. Must have something to do with getting lucky last night :woot:
adam holden

Post » Fri Aug 14, 2009 11:01 am

i had to uninstall ufop because as soon as i left the enclave base, a started crashing, like 6 times in abt 20 minutes, including shuting down and restarting the game and 2 reboots. Fomm showed your patch at the top of the list. It worked fine inside the enclave based, just not out in the wastelands. i am running vista.
I went to the control panel and removed the patch from there, rebooted and restarted the game and had no problems running the game.
..xX Vin Xx..

Next

Return to Fallout 3